When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

The Diaspora > 日本語BBS

メルブラ辞書 (英語<->日本語) Melty Dictionary (English <-> Japanese)

<< < (4/5) > >>

LivingShadow:

--- Quote from: DJcream on March 20, 2012, 10:20:54 PM ---Recently, there's been a Twitter trend to go to this Japanese website (http://shindanmaker.com/204292) and it will randomly analyze your fighting game skills. Honestly, I dunno what any of it means except for Combo. What would be the translation and would that help the dictionary a bit?

--- Quote from: Internet ---(Insert name/Jiyuna)の格ゲー適性は、立ち回り:S+、読み:S+、コンボ力:S+、度胸:S+、得意タイプは全部です。キャラ愛を重要視しています。

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
It roughly translates to:

Insert name's game aptitude:
Movement: X
Yomi: X
Combo Strength: X
Courage: X
Random statement that sums up the previous.

Komidol:
I know quite a few of you are going to God's Garden in 6-7 weeks...review up and put this list to use!

halehale:
All the terms including 道理 are wrong. The correct term for the dash-superjump-backjump-forwards-airdash (that ends up with you hitting the opponent in the back of their head) is サンドリ, which is short for サンダードリフト or "thunder drift". So it doesn't have anything to do with the number of mixups you can do after it.

Instead of 道理, the japanese use 択 to denote the options which can be utilized as mixup. So a mixup/two-way mixup is called 二択 (nitaku) in japanese fighting game terminology. I have never heard of any santakus or yontakus though.

Other usage of 択 i've heard are for example 下段択 or 中段沢.

Komidol:
Thank you for your insight, I will reflect the changes on the original post shortly.

Edit: Updated

Koiyuki:
Sorry if I'm necro'ing the thread, but I've been working on ANKI flashcards teaching these terms+the Versus City terminology, if anyone's interested

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version