hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Anime News  (Read 13011 times)

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
Anime News
« on: September 20, 2007, 04:33:36 PM »
I'm kinda tired of starting new threads for discussions of the random anime news that I post here so I decided to start a thread where I can throw everything instead of cluttering the forums with a bunch of random topics.

To start things off:

Unfortunate happenings in broadcast anime 2007

Taken from HeiseiDemo:

09/21 Update: Code Geass, Gigantic Formula, Lucky Star, Xenoglossia, Hayate, Robi to Kerobi, Nantsuiro Drops, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, Arts Vision / I’m Enterprise, Anime Expo 2007

Moon Phase Diary today compiled a list of the unfortunate happenings that have plagued broadcast anime in 2007, from the resignation of a Gainax producer following some misplaced Mixi comments to the recently cancelled final episode of School Days. The full *updated* list is below:

RGB Adventure: Due to circumstances of the production company the show was unable to continue broadcast and was terminated after the sixth episode.

Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!: Due to complaints about the scenes of school graffiti in the OP they were altered in mid-production.

Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi: The production side assumed the show would run for a full year and planned it accordingly, but the broadcast side cut it after half its expected run.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: A producer and member of Gainax’s executive board resigned from the board and participation in the project due to comments about fans on 2ch that he posted on his Mixi diary. Also, due to risque elements in episode six part of the episode was replaced by a recap sequence.

Code Geass: Due to production delays and the insertion of recap episodes, the broadcast of the final two episodes was postponed for three months.

Kissdum: Due to internal strife the director left the project, later to return as its general manager. Due to failure of the production schedule the fourth episode was made into a recap.

Darker Than Black: The show’s production manager ran away with the manuscript.

Gigantic Formula: Character designer Yabuno Kouji abandoned work on the project before the completion of the first episode or the OP animation.

Lucky Star: The director was changed mid-broadcast. Also, the depiction of Washimiya shrine in the show caused strife among shrine pilgrims.

Idol Master Xenoglossia: Broadcast was abruptly terminated in the Tokai region of Honshu. Later resumed on Chuukyou (Nagoya) TV.

Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica: The show’s organizational flow deteriorated mid-run due to the sudden death of the chief director.

Hayate no Gotoku!: The episode broadcast order was changed due to the hospitalization of Hayate seiyuu Shiraishi Ryouko.

Robi to Kerobi: When it was discovered that Atena’s seiyuu Tsuji Nozomi was pregnant, she ceased her work on the project and from episode 16 the role was switched to another seiyuu.

Bokurano: The director caused an uproar by publicly announcing his dislike for the original manga.

Sola: Chiba TV mistakenly broadcast episode 4 at the wrong screen size, resulting in a rebroadcast the following week.

Nantsuiro Drops: Notification that someone from the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare had edited the show’s Wikipedia article became a topic of conversation.

Seto no Hanayome: AX-X canceled its broadcast of episode 17 due to copyright infringement concerns.

Moetan: Episode three was exchanged with episode six, but still deemed unfit for broadcast it was replaced with a recap episode.

Kekkaishi: Its broadcast slot was changed due to poor ratings.

Touka Gettan: Due to BS Asahi’s judgement the broadcast of episode 25 was postponed, to be aired censored a week later along with episode 26.

Romeo x Juliet: The vocalist of the show’s first ending theme was arrested for involvement in a violent incident.

School Days: Due to the content of the final episode mirroring a recent actual event, its broadcast was voluntarily suspended.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai: The show’s broadcast on Tokai TV was suspended due to recent events mirroring scenes in the show.

Also:

- Anik Inc.’s adult anime brand Himajin closed operations on June 30th due to lack of production infrastructure and capacity.

- The president of Arts Vision / I’m Enterprise talent agency was arrested on charges of obscene conduct toward a 16 year old aspiring voice actress.

- Deficient sound engineering at Anime Expo 2007 concerts along with other poor handling of the Japanese guests became a topic of conversation.

This isn’t even to mention the shitstorm on the horizon in the form of the Kodomo no Jikan anime, which at a talk show commemorating the release of the manga’s 4th volume was speculated to become a “tempest of censorship”. The script for all twelve episodes has been hammered out, but who knows in what form they’ll ultimately be broadcast… (source: Moon Phase Diary)[/i]

------

All I have to say about all of this is "Nice Boat!"

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:06:07 AM by Devereaux »

Offline Kayin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • A POTENTIAL CAT FUCKING
    • View Profile
Re: Unfortunate happenings in broadcast anime 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 11:16:34 PM »
WHoa, Kyo from Dir en Grey got arrested? wtf happened? :slowpoke:
<3

Offline Spirit Juice

• 「God of Commentary」
  • OKKUSENMAN! OKKUSENMAN!
  • Magic Circuits: 24
  • 1000% Master Sparking
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 01:26:33 AM »
WHoa, Kyo from Dir en Grey got arrested? wtf happened? :slowpoke:

Arrested for making shitty, terrible music.  :V  I'd rather listen to the music from Girls Gone Wild infomercials on loop than listen to Dir en Grey.  Why GGW?  Just happened to be on TV as I typed this post.  :V

Back on topic: the suspended airing of School Days 12 and Higurashi Kai 12 really made me sad.  For School Days I was really looking forward to the more or less confirmed BAD END that hopefully has some awesome neck slashing scene... but now I must wait in DESPAIR.  School Days I was disappointed and could accept the delay... but Higurashi Kai?  SHIT IS UNACCEPTABLE.  Just when a major plot development was made and major shit was about to go down, they delay the airing of the episode! D:  So sad... oh, so sad...  :'(
<kijea> Nerina
<kijea> can i play sex with you

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 01:47:44 AM »
Darker Than Black: The show’s production manager ran away with the manuscript.

Ninja!

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 02:44:06 AM »
What's up with Kyo/DeG? Withering to Death was a pretty good album, I have no idea what the subsequent albums are like, though. Even though it doesn't sound like their old stuff, I'm also a Girugamesh fan so I got an ear for it.
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline Christen

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • I want a character ^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 08:51:43 AM »
Cancelling of higukai is unacceptable. The "mirrored scenes" were already over a year ago. Now I'm sad..  :(
Loading sig....

Offline Greyvangelist

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • drive bitch im in my zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 10:41:19 AM »
What's all this mirroring scenes thing about in Higukai? I'm a bit confused.

Dir en Grey is mediocre, it's much too nu metal/metalcore for me.
I do like Kyo as a vocalist though. I have a thing for derranged vocals :V

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 11:04:56 AM »

A 16 year old girl allegedly killed her father with an axe.

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 11:07:10 AM »
To be honest I was never much of a guro fan, so-so about VK imagery as well. I actually like the transition to nu metal for them, since Japan didn't have much in the way of it. But if you weren't into industrial (old school NiN, KMFDM pre-MDFMK, Project Pitchfork) then it probably wouldn't be as appealing.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 11:09:20 AM by Arlieth Tralare »
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 12:12:10 PM »

That's a pretty harsh generalization, saying that Higurashi causes teenage girls to start going on killing sprees. Besides, the whole plot behind the show in the first place was for Rika to find a world where none of the murders happen, and none of her friends die; in fact, Keiichi stressed to Shion that killing Satoko's uncle wouldn't solve anything, and that there were other ways to save Satoko.

Alas, the point is probably lost anyway on closed-minded censor boards. :'(
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline Greyvangelist

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • drive bitch im in my zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 01:05:11 PM »
To be honest I was never much of a guro fan, so-so about VK imagery as well. I actually like the transition to nu metal for them, since Japan didn't have much in the way of it. But if you weren't into industrial (old school NiN, KMFDM pre-MDFMK, Project Pitchfork) then it probably wouldn't be as appealing.

Yeah, I'm much more of a black/folk/melodic death metal fan  :V

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 01:47:54 PM »

That's a pretty harsh generalization, saying that Higurashi causes teenage girls to start going on killing sprees. Besides, the whole plot behind the show in the first place was for Rika to find a world where none of the murders happen, and none of her friends die; in fact, Keiichi stressed to Shion that killing Satoko's uncle wouldn't solve anything, and that there were other ways to save Satoko.

Alas, the point is probably lost anyway on closed-minded censor boards. :'(

Sorry I should have been more clear. It was taken off of the air (postponed) but from recent news posts it looks like one of the regular late night broadcasters decided to go ahead and air ep 11 so people are thinking that it might continue. The main problem that Higurashi ran into was not that a scene in the anime was similar. It was more the fact that a news site went into 2ch and saw people joking about how the murder's were like Higurashi so they decided to run a article saying that people on the internet are pointing to higurashi as being related to the murder. (which another news website decided to follow suit and do as well)

Japan is well known for postponing/canceling shows due to sensitive news events so this is nothing new, hopefully they won't pull the plug and just let it finish airing once this all blows over.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 10:36:20 AM »
What is animu?
what the fuck is this game

Offline DJcream

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 02:43:06 AM »

This also attributed to the postponement of the FINAL episode of School Days (most doramatic series this season)

Anime Expo related mishaps:
- AMVs for the AMV contest were stolen prior to showtime, causing a re-scheduling to a later date.
- Haruhi autograph session announced during focus panel for Saturday, re-scheduled for Sunday, only allowed 50 autographs that morning (i was 15 people away from cutoff line :emo:)
- Performer Halko Mamoi (Under17 vocalist) bashes AX staff for being mean to her during her focus panel
- No arcade sticks allowed in console room (but at least they had MBAC at the arcade).
MBAACC1.07: C-Wlen (main), H-Hisui, C/H-Sacchin
BBCSex: Carl (main), Makoto
Gundam VS ex: God Gundam

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 03:21:22 AM »
That's a hell lot of downfalls in the anime industry.  :psyduck:
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 12:10:28 PM »
Damn, AX is gunna suck this coming year too.

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 03:45:47 PM »
Higurashi Airs:

Higurashi episode 12 just started airing on TV Saitama now. (Monday, September 24th, 2007) The other two TV stations will be airing Higurashi episode 12 in 30 mins and they haven’t announced that they’re taking Higurashi off tonight too.

Source: Canned Dogs
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:19:09 AM by Devereaux »

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
Anime News
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 03:09:41 PM »
Ousaka Kouji passes away:

According to a news leak on mixi, Ousaka Kouji, professional animator and co-founder of Bones, has passed away (the morning of September 24) from cancer at the age of 44. Ousaka Kouji was the animation director for popular anime such as G Gundam, Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, and Macross Plus.

mixi link

Animation director Kazuaki Moori official website's diary

Fate of last School Days Episode:

Overflow, the game label of the developer Stack, has announced a preview screening of the preempted 12th and final episode of School Days anime this week. This episode with a reportedly explicit scene of violence was preempted after an axe murder was allegedly committed by a 16-year-old girl in Kyoto, Japan. The company says the screening will mark the September 26 release of first DVD for the series. The planned screening's location and time has yet to be decided, but it will take place on a late evening this week in the Tokyo area and require an "unopened package of the School Days or Summer Days PC game" for admission.

If the AT-X satellite channel decides to preempt the episode this week, the Tokyo-area preview will be the only public screening of this episode. The episode will available in Japan on DVD on February 27.

Source: ANN

~`UPDATE`~

AT-X has announced that they will be changing the airing times for School Days, but they will be airing the final episode tomorrow night. (Thursday, September 27th, 2007) Overflow will be crying when they see that nobody is turning up for their screening event anymore! Same announcement also on School Days anime website.

Overflow has now updated the details regarding the School Days ep 12 screening and has changed the requirements to say that it doesn’t matter if your copy of School Days/Summer Days is opened or not. They will be holding the screening tomorrow, 30 minutes after the episode airs on AT-X.

School Days Final Episode Cancellation - Net Reaction

Nice boat in the newspapers
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 03:06:06 PM by Devereaux »

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
Re: Anime News
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 06:11:39 PM »
GTA: Lucky☆Star:

Need I say more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_aMcB57hPM

Downloading Anime in Japan to be made illegal:

Under current Japanese law, it's illegal to upload copyrighted material but as long as you are downloading copyrighted material for private use its perfectly legal. But not for long - the Japanese ministry of culture is going to pass law to make it very illegal.

This new law will mean that you will be breaking the law just by watching a recording of Japanese TV that has been uploaded to YouTube. Have no idea how they plan to enforce that.

Source: Danny Choo
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:29:39 AM by Devereaux »

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 09:08:38 PM »
GTA: Lucky☆Star:

Need I say more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_aMcB57hPM

+HEAT to you just because that's so damn epic.  :V
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 09:14:21 PM »
There is already a thread for this. I'm condensing the posts into your 1st post.

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 03:03:19 PM »
There is already a thread for this. I'm condensing the posts into your 1st post.

That works as well. Anyways on to more news that no one cares about!

Are you this intense?:

An American otaku prays at a shrine that is considered to be the "holy place of Lucky☆Star".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYw51OLG-_4

Geneon Dies:

The onetime anime distribution company Geneon Entertainment (USA) Inc. has notified its retail customers that it will cease "the sales of DVDs and all related distribution and marketing operations as of 5 p.m. on Friday, September 28, 2007." The deadline for ordering all Geneon USA products is that time and date, and only orders for "catalog products in inventory or new releases with a street date" of November 6 or earlier will be accepted.

Source: ANN

Does this mean that the Tsukihime anime really doesn't exist??

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Holy F*ckin shit, my eyeballs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 03:29:07 PM »

That works as well. Anyways on to more news that no one cares about!

Are you this intense?:

An American otaku prays at a shrine that is considered to be the "holy place of Lucky☆Star".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYw51OLG-_4

Its weeaboos like this who ruin the image of Americans for the rest of us.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »
I want to shoot myself now. Damn weeaboo :V
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Hier

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Blade Ninja Skills!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 04:20:43 PM »
Gah, Ive downloaded so much anime to -_-
Its not fair that they have it on tv when we have to pirate it
Wants to order the Limited Edition of MBAA...