When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arcana Heart PS2 Version?  (Read 6103 times)

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
Arcana Heart PS2 Version?
« on: September 04, 2007, 07:47:51 PM »
So apparently there's going to be a ported version of Arcana Heart for the PS2 released on 10/11 from Ecole Software (For those of you out of the loop it's the same people who ported MBAC)

Somehow I get the feeling that I'm quite a few months late in finding out about this but I was just curious to know who's going to jump all over this when it comes out?

EDIT: I just found a good reason for people to switch to stick.
http://image1.play-asia.com/640/5n/pa.101703.1.jpg
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 07:54:51 PM by Devereaux »

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
Re: Arcana Heart PS2 Version?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 08:04:05 PM »
Over on SRK there have been a few threads about this and small communities on the uprise about this. Oh and see teh chick in my av? That's the one I've been using since the first version.  :V
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 08:54:07 PM »
I'm all for it.  I'm gonna play Lieselotte. :V  I'm considering picking up that stick too, since I missed out on the HRAP2.
-Tsubasa

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 09:19:15 PM »
no way in hell would i be caught dead playing w/ that stick...

as for the PS2 port, i'm probably not going to bother.  the game, despite how fun it is, is pretty basic to the point of which i feel as if i've learned all i need to know w/in the first 10 games of arcade mode i played.  all that's left is to build more experience from playing other players...which probably isn't going to happen much on the PS2
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline Last Elixir⑨

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 09:44:59 PM »
I'm all for it.  I'm gonna play Lieselotte. :V  I'm considering picking up that stick too, since I missed out on the HRAP2.

lol let's do this.

j
manbeard

Offline HeartNana

• Spellcaster
  • Stealth Momo
    • View Profile
    • My Japan Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 12:54:25 AM »

as for the PS2 port, i'm probably not going to bother.  the game, despite how fun it is, is pretty basic to the point of which i feel as if i've learned all i need to know w/in the first 10 games of arcade mode i played.  all that's left is to build more experience from playing other players...which probably isn't going to happen much on the PS2
what character/arcana do you use, and what's your B&B for that character? I doubt you can do that characters best combo even from just 10 games. Maybe if you're a Fiona player, but  even so, within 10 arcade mode games, its prolly still difficult for you to pull off consistently. The system itself seems basic, but combo's and movement in general takes a lot of time to get used to. I think you're severely underestimating it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 12:56:16 AM by HeartNana »
My new Japan blog  (updated weekly)- http://arcanaheartnana.blogspot.com/

Offline Phae

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 06:39:39 AM »

You really like to underestimate things, don't you.. I would honestly love to hear what character/arcana combination you are using because I would certainly love to be as great as you are. I mean, 10 games and you know everything? When you die donate your brain to science so we can preserve it so other fighting game players may learn to be as awesome as you!!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 07:00:39 AM »
There's a (very) tiny light of truth in what kryo said, but in reality (I think) that just adds more enjoyment to the game. Not that you can actually do most any character's BnB in 10 games, but more so that when the execution isn't a problem anymore, you really start to get into the game alot more.

And it's not so much match up specific as it is Arcana specific. Like I doubt anyone would be pick one character to counter the other, but they'd certainly pick one Arcana to likely counter the other (like Love against Gier).

~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 09:18:58 AM »
Because that isn't true in EVERY fighting game...replacing number of games where appropriate.

Offline thebrassthief

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • I has a briefcase.
    • View Profile
    • TBT's Home
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 09:39:14 AM »
one of my housemates wants AH so, I assume I'll end up playing it.
Playing: Arc, Kouma

American Tierlist:
Top: players just play the fucking game instead of asking for tiers. Low: players ask for tiers.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 09:43:54 AM »
Because that isn't true in EVERY fighting game...replacing number of games where appropriate.

Yeah I realized that after I typed it.

;P
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline DarthTrey

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 09:49:23 AM »
So I've read nothing about the game, I've heard it mentioned a few times, but whats the

"Core X" for this game?  is the arcana and how much do they come into play during a fight?

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 02:16:28 PM »
i play saki w/ the lightning arcana...think he's called bhanri or something like that?  i forget
anyways, my BnB is: 2a 2b 2c 6homing 5a 5c iad j.b 5b 5c iad j.b j.c land j.b j.2b jc dj. j.b j.c 623c
if i feel like wasting meter, which i often do :P, i'll extend w/ 214a+b homing airchain, wash, rinse, repeat

despite my calling this game simple, i'm not bagging on it.  its simplicity is what i enjoy (not the case for most gamers).  and i seriously figured out that combo w/in less than 10 games.  it probably took me up to 10 to master tha iad and homing cancels

PS:  I'm not saying that I'm that great.  competition at AI is scarce so i lack much experience.  i'm just saying that it's not all that hard to get the mechanics down pat
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline furix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Mugilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 05:15:50 PM »
Oh no, I agree with you, the mechanics of the game are simple, and doing the combos is just as simple, I play Lilica, and even then I didn't find it that hard getting her combos down. Infact, most games are like this.

Still, a PS2 release is great as it does help people try out even more new things, sure you can learn combos in no time, everyone can master a combo in 30 minutes, but it all comes down to having the game more accesible to people, making gatherings easier to happen.

That in turn, will help the scene gather more match up expierence.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 05:29:27 PM »
I have yet to play this game but I don't really find it all that impressive based on a lot of the matches I have seen. The arcana system is very unique but all the other engine mechanics can be seen in other games as well. I'll still give it a try once it comes out though but I don't think I'll be devoting too much time to it.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Phae

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 06:15:18 PM »
PS:  I'm not saying that I'm that great.  competition at AI is scarce so i lack much experience.  i'm just saying that it's not all that hard to get the mechanics down pat

Oof so you're still playing on AH Regular and not AHF? Be prepared for hijinx once PS2 drops and you gotta get used to playing Full!.. I doubt many people want to play AH Regular.

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 06:27:50 PM »
i haven't been following up on it.  is the difference as bad as MBACvA vs MBACvB or even more drastic?
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 03:03:57 PM »
Theres a changelist on srk.

Offline Phae

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 08:38:33 PM »
i haven't been following up on it.  is the difference as bad as MBACvA vs MBACvB or even more drastic?

I'm not so sure about the differences between the MBAC's, but there's a huge amount of differences between AH and AHF in terms of damage buffs and increases and whatnot.

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 12:53:15 AM »
Finally looked up the difference between full and non.  Saki hasn't been altered to the point where I need to adjust my gameplay and the game isn't interesting enough (still fun though) that I'd pick up new characters so I don't think it really warrants getting the PS2 release.  Just my opinion; maybe other people would like the practice.

On the subject of picking up characters, I seriously get the feeling that characters are picked based on a specific taste on the players part (specifically in this game).  Not on how they play but the characters themselves.  I know I picked Saki cuz I like girls with class that can kick ass (emphasis on kick since I've got a thing for Taekwondo).  I avoided the other characters cuz of a distaste for what they personify.  I hate airheads so I don't use Heart (GD! do I hate airheads...), not a big fan of loli so I don't use Kira, don't care much for TnA so I don't use Mei-Fang, etc.  So yea, since I rather dislike the other characters, I'm pretty sure I'm not picking up a new one.

I dunno, would there be any other reason to get it?  This don't exactly like the game enough to have a console session for it...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 12:55:54 AM by Kryojenix »
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline Spirit Juice

• 「God of Commentary」
  • OKKUSENMAN! OKKUSENMAN!
  • Magic Circuits: 24
  • 1000% Master Sparking
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 02:23:29 AM »
From what I hear, most of the characters in AH are really basic and easy to get into.  Even as a Sol player, I don't want to be playing Ryu/Ken with the majority of the cast.  Not to say they all play like shoto, but it'd be nice to play someone interesting.  Thusly, I'm going to play Lieselotte when I get this gamr.  Top tier?  Check.  Interesting character?  Check.  I'm all set!  :V
<kijea> Nerina
<kijea> can i play sex with you

Offline woof

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • efz kof2k ah - the trinity of woof fgs
    • View Profile
    • MISCHIEF WORKSHOP
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 04:21:17 PM »
a lot of the charactyers are pretty diff ..

if youre asian you have to play saki though thats who all the asians play in US scene apparently

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 09:21:57 PM »
a lot of the charactyers are pretty diff ..

if youre asian you have to play saki though thats who all the asians play in US scene apparently

and why would that be?  come to think of it, i haven't seen anyone else use saki at all.  everyone uses the midboss, the chun li rip off, the ninja bitch, or the BB miko.
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 11:42:11 AM »
AHF coming to ps2 soon. I need that HRAP too.
what the fuck is this game