hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: CL wants to go to Final Round. Help much?  (Read 16201 times)

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
Re: CL wants to go to Final Round. Help much?
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 11:55:28 AM »
do you guys know CL or owe him something?  because if this is a case of "let's randomly pay a thousand bucks to fly a stranger who's good at mb from asia to usa" why not offer to the best japanese players in the world with the most name recognition?  if you explained it to them, i think anyone would "want" to come with 6 months of notice and their ticket paid for them with a good chance at winning hundreds to a thousand in pot money; may as well maximize the hype with the highest level mercenary.

Korean CL has long been considered Korean Champion of Melty Blood, and a member of our International Group.  He did a good job of aiding me (as in doing most of the work) communicating to Ecole Manabe the current American thoughts and interest in Melty Blood at Hydra GP (as reported in my Hydra GP post).  Furthermore, A handful of us have talked to CL, I have of course met him personally, so, yes, I think the community does owe him a little bit.  Having CL come out to the tournament also gives it a real status of "international", as Korea has long been seen to Japan players domestically as an extra level of competition (though I've been working to change that) - as in, Japanese players do occasionally go to play in Korea for Korea's major each year. 

He's definitely not some random Korean player, and was the first one to bring Japan into International consideration for Melty Blood.  I also know for a fact a handful of top JP players are wealthy (some definitely not, but some definitely are) could come out to America on their own accord, it's just a matter of making a tournament hype enough to get them to want to come.  I didn't start this, but I wholly support it.  The top players also highly respect CL, so again, nothing but support by choosing to bring him out, out of anyone. 

In regards to bringing a foreign player out over a domestic one, it's to show that the community has real resources and a real movement power to Ecole and their affiliates. 
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 12:43:19 PM »
I believe he also has an account here somewhere.

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 02:37:31 PM »
that was an intentionally provocative request for clarification that people who aren't in the circle of knowledge should have available to them within this thread.  shinobi responded somewhat poorly with an angry quip, and i hope that as our primary promoter for our debut major he is more patient with the ignorant in the future.

on a serious and somewhat irrelevant note, let's begin our next lobby movement to make fate zero released faster
<Dipstick> bell would have a significant advantage in length and size
<Dipstick> but Sp00ky has a lot more experience

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 09:21:48 PM »
that was an intentionally provocative request for clarification that people who aren't in the circle of knowledge should have available to them within this thread.  shinobi responded somewhat poorly with an angry quip, and i hope that as our primary promoter for our debut major he is more patient with the ignorant in the future.

on a serious and somewhat irrelevant note, let's begin our next lobby movement to make fate zero released faster

I'm working on it.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 10:58:25 PM »
I'm all for this, and I'll help with the flier and all but I can't help but think we should try to get him and others to Evo instead. Though that may not entirely be out of the question anyway. Maybe~
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 12:29:01 AM »
If the game doesn't get a decent showing for FR, I'm sure getting this PC game into Evo is 10000000% out of the question.  Infact, making FR big (as I'm sure I mentioned in some of these posts somewhere) is going to be a good reason to push it into Evo or get support for the game elsewhere, so best start hot in a big major where we already have space to step (thanks to Shinobi and Brandino).

Selecting FR isn't arbitrary, it's a place we have support from ShinBlanka already, it's a nicely timed part of the year in relation to the release of Current Code, and it's a major tournament in the United States we can break into. 

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 05:05:21 AM »
You know that Final Round is typically a month or two after the games are selected for Evolution, right? There's a reason why it's part of the Evo tournament series.

Frankly, I wouldn't even worry about MBCC being selected or not. If there's no US release on any platform (and frankly, there's no reason to think that would ever happen -- never mind in such a short time period as the next few months), everything else is largely irrelevant.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 06:40:25 AM »

To be honest, that "quip" wasn't meant to be displayed in anger. My apologies if you thought that.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 07:38:48 AM »
I'm not talking about MBAACC being in Evo at all, we're going to hold a side tournament for it anyway, and considering that Evo (and NEC) tend to be the tournaments most of our community goes to, well the thought occurred to me that we could do it there too.

Someone needs to get me a picture of CL btw.

:mystery:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 07:40:52 AM »
is evo really the highest attendance after nec even as side tourney?  in any case, i personally wouldn't fly over foreign dignitaries for a side tournament
<Dipstick> bell would have a significant advantage in length and size
<Dipstick> but Sp00ky has a lot more experience

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2011, 08:13:30 AM »
is evo really the highest attendance after nec even as side tourney?  in any case, i personally wouldn't fly over foreign dignitaries for a side tournament

This times a million.  Also, let's leave CL out of the first flyer.  For now we should be promoting the game's release and it's place in FR as a major game.  Just put FR's tournament time, since we're not sure the date it is  going to be yet.

It's going to be a bit before any final confirmations are done. 

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2011, 08:40:33 AM »

Yes it is. The numbers are usually even actually, with NEC sometimes falling behind Evo.

And it being a side tournament is one thing, but with how things go with this community and new releases we always gather up for a big hurrah at Evolution, since 2006 really.

~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2011, 10:29:32 AM »
Just donated $20, hope this helps.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 10:58:13 AM »
He also updated his twitter saying it'd be around $910. I can try to hold donations at the next DN show but not sure how much that can do.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!