When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: BANG BANG BANGBANG BANGBANG: Also BlazBlue  (Read 18409 times)

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
Re: BANG BANG BANGBANG BANGBANG: Also BlazBlue
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2009, 03:32:46 PM »
@Grandlord: You can use it as a clocker runner, but the only time its commonly recommended is vs Hakumen or Tager.

Why only those two? Most characters only have one or 2 moves that can truly punish a chicken FRKZ, but thats what barrier block is for. (Yes it works during FRKZ. honestly, im shocked you didn't already know about that when you know all these combos and such.)

Its not like you need to tank blockstrings during FRKZ, your just nullifying a few air attacks here and there. Barrier can handle that easily, even with limited bar.

You are also using Dora, pretty much accepted as the best Bang player, as your example, yet Dora uses it offensively far more than he does for end match running. He'll often pop FRKZ as soon as possible (you can't start a match with it anyways since it requires the 4 seals and 50% meter) regardless of the situation.

Ya, because hes dora, and hes good enough to use it offensively the whole time. He clearly demonstrates that he can chicken through the timer though. Imagine how easily it would have been to do that if he hadnt burst eariler, giving him the ability to barrier block.

Plus, he was fighting Dio, to my knowledge, the best carl player. Why on earth would you want to chicken through a match against someone like him? When your on a level as high as Dora, challenging opponents like that are what keeps the game fun in the firstplace. He chickened once to prove he could, and then went back to actually playing the game. (though IMO, running the clock is a perfectly acceptable strategy. A win is a win. People fighitng against bang have to make sure there in the lead when his meter hits 50 and he gets his icons. Its just part of fighting him, its not un-counterable, the counter is just keeping him from doing it in the first place.)

On the topic of using FRKZ, it depends on the matchup and situation. If you're playing someone slower like Hakumen or Tager, it can be a definite advantage. I've also used it for things such as popping it when Rachel throws out a lightning rod ball, dashing through it and punishing for the match. I also have had a "be like Dora" moment where I have used the invincibility on activation to counter (I've followed up immediately with bang's dash super to punish a Hakumen 2b, as in he threw out 2b, then I FRKZ and supered before it recovered, the damage buff giving me the win).

Yes, FRKZ is a great offensive tool/utility tool if used properly, not denying that. I'm just sayin that it can easily be used to run the timer against half the roster. Tager and Hakumen are obvious. Ragnas only real way to catch FRKZ is inferno divider and gauntlet Hades in midair, and thats what barrier is for. Carl is easy to chicken, as Dora so gracefully demonstrated. I dont see why another non-FRKZ bang wouldn't be chickenable either, since to my knowledge, bang has no uppercut-ish move. Bumpers might let him catch another FRKZ though, dunno. Litchi would probably be the hardest character to chicken that actually IS chickenable, do to her good anti-airs and space control. If you get enough of a lead and have barrier, then you can probably run the clock with FRKZ against her, but other then that it probably wont work.

The rest of the cast has solid counters for clock-running FRKZ bangs. However, thats still 6 characters that can be chickened by a skilled bang. (half the roster)

I guess the point im making is that even for non-godtier bang players, FRKZ has its uses, if only to win via timeout.

Of course, again, im not a bang player, so im probably just talking out my ass.  :emo:

Il stfu now and let the real bang players theorize while i continue to search for a counter against V13 so i can finally stop getting my Tager/Ragna babel-owned.
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2009, 04:32:41 PM »
I haven't really played enough Carls to say but I suppose you could chicken him fairly easily. Ragna I'd be a little more wary of since a random DP will give him a free combo. Bang I didn't consider since its the mirror match but he probably couldn't do much except try and catch you with jB pokes. Litchi has the air-unblockable DP that leads into free combos (with double pain and tech punish opportunities if she works you into the corner with the combo) so I don't know if it would be worth messing with it there.

It's not like I'm so pro player here anyways when I didn't even know you could barrier block in FRKZ =(

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2009, 09:43:12 PM »
@Shin: You know there's a standard 4 seal combo? 2D jD 236C land jD 236C 5D air finish of choice. You can use 5D to replace the first 2D on CH on some characters but its not something to aim for.
Yeah, that's the 4-seal combo I use typically. I have a variation of that as a corner combo. That one there does approximately 3200 damage if I recall correctly. My variation ups that to 5200, so I'm working on getting the timing down properly on that.

Also, apparently you can barrier block while in FRKZ? I haven't tried it yet but that's what I heard. It would make it much more useful if that were true.

This is true. Hold down the barrier buttons (A.B) during a dash then hold opposite your opponent to stop in barrier block.

From what I've figured, FRKZ is a real good way to set up aerial command grabs with a simple 4D > j236C for 4400+ damage...or a silly little grab string. With the dash cancelling FRKZ gives you, try this.

Grab (ground) > after hit 2, dash threw opponent and aerial grab > dash cancel the grab into 236C.

Using FRKZ, you can get around real quick and easy and allows grabs to be done so much easier, this is a good reliable combo that utilizes that grab. Does 4200+ damage. It's what I've been using FRKZ mostly now for.

As far as chickening with FRKZ, I don't do it online...I get rage quits for that.

@Iduno - actually, this game reminds me a lot of Melty Blood/Tsukihime than Fate...although maybe the entire Nasu-verse in general.

Story spoiler here just FYI.

Jin's story mode, he reminds me of Shiki in Tsukihime (This chair, this chair, this chair...This girl, this girl, this girl...).
V-13 being summoned from an alternate dimension (Millennium Castle) with a sword (throne) chained up.
Jin's obsession with his 'nii-san' and SHIKI's with Akiha.
Kokonoe and Kohaku (mecha-tager + mecha-hisui).
Naro summons and Arakune bug summons. (This is a bit of a stretch on this one here)
Arakune's search for the Barrier turning him into Arakune and Zepia's search for the 6th magic turning him into TATARI.
Litchi searching for a cure to the incurable seiphr(sp?) overdose (Arakune) and Sion searching for the cure for vampirism.
Isn't it sad, Sacchin Noel?
Rin seiyuu (lol).
Tsubame Gaeshi from Litchi.
V-13 + Gate of Babylon.

END SPOILER

and I'm sure there a lot more 'coincidences' between the Nasuverse and BB that I haven't recognized just yet. Anyone care to add some more?

Isn't it sad
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2009, 12:36:42 AM »
ohi Shin

If you want to go into Bang's aerial command grab, the full combo that works on any character is a 2D or 5D starter (no CH required but a CH will allow you to follow up even if they traded with you at the same time and put you into CH flinch) jAB jAB 623C. The damage is great and easy to do, but veteran players will probably only eat it once before breaking it. You can try mixing it up by doing the command grab after the first jump, or if you're not feeling confident on landing it halfway through a 623B will hit at the end as well (not that it does much extra damage or sets you up for anything), or just do jABC at the end vs Tager, Hakumen, Ragna, other big people, and you can optionally follow with a poison shuriken. Also if you find yourself having just landed a jD and don't do the C shuriken set up, 2B -> 6C will launch them off the ground and give you one jump, and you can command grab after that (you can jB before the air grab versus people with bigger hitboxes like Tager, Hakumen, and Ragna, but it might just end up giving them more time to react anyways).

There are a lot of other ways but those are the simplest and work on everyone. A 2D/5D jAB jAB 623C does 4200, a 2D jD 2B 6C j623C does 4900.

Oh yeah, and for Bang's BNB (5A/2A 5B 2B 2C 6D jump cancel cancel 623B), in the corner you can instead normal jump cancel the 6D and do the air command grab right away. This gives you 4400 instead of 2200, and even if they break you only lose 200 from the normal BNB so there is almost no reason not to try it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:46:20 AM by MasterT »

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2009, 02:24:27 AM »
Two words.

Golden Tager.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2009, 11:35:01 AM »
Golden Tager is win, should be a playable character.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2009, 10:30:19 AM »
I finally got a chance to play it for the first time.  Hakumen seems cool, but hard to use.  Oh, and I can understand why everyone spams with Jin/Noel.  They're so noob-friendly to play.  lol.

The game seems a little slower paced than GG, which I never noticed before from the videos.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2009, 11:40:07 AM »
Well, maybe, but GG's only real slow character is Potemkin whereas BB has a few in a smaller cast. BB also felt pretty awkward when I first played it (but I also started with bang who has really shitty combo links so...)

Anyways I have been playing a lot of Tager lately. Its fun setting up all sorts of tech traps and ticks, although it's too bad that B Sledge stuns them too long for me to tick a 720, I can only combo it (granted, most online players aren't fast enough to break tager combo throws anyways).

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2009, 04:30:27 PM »
Well, maybe, but GG's only real slow character is Potemkin whereas BB has a few in a smaller cast. BB also felt pretty awkward when I first played it (but I also started with bang who has really shitty combo links so...)

Anyways I have been playing a lot of Tager lately. Its fun setting up all sorts of tech traps and ticks, although it's too bad that B Sledge stuns them too long for me to tick a 720, I can only combo it (granted, most online players aren't fast enough to break tager combo throws anyways).

720 wiff into 720. Nobody expects it.  :teach:

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2009, 05:30:53 PM »
You know what I'm going to try that.

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2009, 01:59:28 AM »
Found a video of Bang's loop for any Bang users out there (btw. a heads up, when looking for Bang videos, don't google Bang match videos  :emo:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmkktr9Wioc&feature=related

Anyone else on psn btw? Maining Rachel with Nu as a secondary, in other words team Adorably Bull****  :bleh:
PSN: Istillduno
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:13:41 AM by Iduno »
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2009, 09:10:35 AM »
Apparently the mp3 files for the OST are out.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 02:41:08 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2009, 01:37:07 AM »
Eh, sharing a random song or two I wouldn't really trip over, but putting up a rip of the entire OST is pretty blatant piracy. 

And you know how the Vigilant Lolis feel about pirates...
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2009, 02:40:49 AM »
Then I won't put up the link. I wouldn't want to invite their wrath.

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2009, 03:33:30 AM »
Well as far as I know isn't the only way to get the LE ost free with the LE (the only version of the game out right now) and since the LE is the same price as the standard will be when it comes out the soundtrack costs a grand total of £0, is it possible to pirate something that is free?

(btw. does anyone else's soundtrack not have a proper list of track names when used on the pc? Mine just comes up with track 1, track 2, track 3 ect.)

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2009, 11:26:21 AM »
(btw. does anyone else's soundtrack not have a proper list of track names when used on the pc? Mine just comes up with track 1, track 2, track 3 ect.)

Did the track 1, 2, etc thing to me too. Just open the Mp3 files properties tab and redo the summary so it has the right information. WMP will decide to "not fail" afterwords.

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2009, 04:55:09 PM »
Golden Tager is win, should be a playable character.
He is but only DLC. : (

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2009, 01:32:29 AM »

Did the track 1, 2, etc thing to me too. Just open the Mp3 files properties tab and redo the summary so it has the right information. WMP will decide to "not fail" afterwords.

Thanks guess I'll need to re rip it sometime then

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2009, 10:37:36 AM »
Well as far as I know isn't the only way to get the LE ost free with the LE (the only version of the game out right now) and since the LE is the same price as the standard will be when it comes out the soundtrack costs a grand total of £0, is it possible to pirate something that is free?

Yeah, it came free with the CE edition of the game. Pirating something that's free, its like putting a price on air.

Yeah, when I put it on my PC, I updated the track listing to the actual track names.

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2009, 05:19:01 PM »

Your thinking of it completely wrong, if it cost a grand total of 0.00, you wouldn't have to buy something and would be given it for free. BUT, you have to buy the game, meaning it is not free at all, if anything the normal edition technically "costs" more because it doesn't go with the extra's.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2009, 12:59:53 AM »

Your thinking of it completely wrong, if it cost a grand total of 0.00, you wouldn't have to buy something and would be given it for free. BUT, you have to buy the game, meaning it is not free at all, if anything the normal edition technically "costs" more because it doesn't go with the extra's.

This is another way to look at it.
Me, I see 360/PS3 game = $60
BlazBlue = $60
BlazBlue (+OST because you are rewarded for reserving) = $60

The OST is thanks from the retailers for reserving the game, its like a promotional thing. At least that's how my store is looking at it (I work at a game retailer and that's what we are saying about it)

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2009, 08:56:40 AM »
Either way it's not free due to the fact that you have to pay for something to receive it. It's like when cereal offers a "Free" toy. Is it really free? No, because you still have to pay for the cereal, it's extra. Well, it's not free unless you open the box and loot it in the store  :V

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2009, 02:40:02 PM »
Well, it's free when you open the box and loot it in the store  :V
Yep, free no purchase required FTW.  :toot:
Like getting a free KnK movie with purchase of the soundtrack.

On to another subject...Who is BB's obligatory trundere? I dunno if Rachel qualifies for this. Nu perhaps? Nu overdoes it so I'm a little against her getting that title.

To quote wikipedia

Tsundere (ツンデレ?) is a Japanese concept of a character archetype which describes a person with a conceited, irritable, and/or violent personality that suddenly becomes modest and loving when triggered by some sort of cause (such as being alone with someone). It can also describe a contradictory personality which is good-willed on the inside, but with a harsh attitude on the outside. Originally found in Japanese bishōjo games, the word is now part of the otaku moe phenomenon, reaching into other media such as anime, manga, novels, and even mass media. The term tsunderekko refers to a girl who is a tsundere.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »
I know who doesn't qualify, so by process of elimination:

Ragna the Bloodedge (I doubt it)
Jin Kisaragi (possibly)
Noel Vermillion (no)
Iron Tager (no)
Rachel Alucard (possibly)
Taokaka (definitely no)
Litchi Faye Ling (no)
Arakune (no, his mind is too one dimensional now)
Bang Shishigami (definitely no)
Carl Clover (doubtful)
Hakumen (I haven't seen his personality at all, can't tell)
v-13 (I don't think so, she only acts that way towards Ragna)
Kokonoe (fairly good chance)
Tsubaki Yayoi (possibly)
Makoto (Absolutely no way)
Nago & Gii (comedy relief doesn't qualify)
Hellsing Valkenhayn (doubtful)

I don't know enough about the following characters to make any guess:
Terumi
Linhua
Hazama
Jubei
Nine
Lord Tenjo
Saya

That leaves Jin, Rachel, Kokonoe, and Tsubaki.

Offline The6thFlame

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • I saw that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2009, 06:19:21 PM »
You think the forum will be able to open up a BlazBlue section just like Fate/UC?