When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: BANG BANG BANGBANG BANGBANG: Also BlazBlue  (Read 18148 times)

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
Re: BANG BANG BANGBANG BANGBANG: Also BlazBlue
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 06:35:47 PM »
so many scrubs online...i've had a ton of rage-quits so far...this is frustrating.

shitty players shouldn't bother playing online. rage-quits seem a common thing for BlazBlue online
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 08:01:50 PM »
I've only had two rage quits. One was a Tager which was kind of funny/sad. Why play a difficult to win with character if you're a rage quitter?

The other was a v-13 player who said people like me are ruining the game, playing like its the arcade when the game has been out for three days. Granted, I never played it in the arcade and am not really all that good, he was just pissy because I kept 5D guard point -> C teleport countering his projectile spam for half his life because he's too dumb to throw break at the end of my combo.

Also Noel is the new Ken.

Offline Escobar

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • B.O.B.B.Y. D.I.G.I.T.A.L.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 08:33:16 PM »
I don't know if things changed since I last played online about 2 or 3 days ago, but I saw a shitton of Jins, way more than Noel. The good ones did good, and the bad ones (most) just spammed icening rides and C mash. Noel would probably be a close 2nd though, and all the bad ones do is spam chain revolver moves.

I play Noel though, so if I ever run into someone spamming drive moves with Noel or icecar with Jin I just fight scrub with scrub and spam chain revolver myself  :psyduck:

Also, Mike Z's tager strategy almost made me want to play Tager for REAL soviet damage. Almost.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:35:39 PM by Escobar »

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 09:56:42 PM »
If it werent for players like Mike Z who show that Tager CAN deal with characters like Arakune, Rachael, and V13, i wouldn't even bother with him. Potemkin he is not.

Ive pretty much switched from playing Tager 100% to playing Ragna 50% and Tager 50%. Tager has some seriously fecked up matchups, so having someone to deal with those characters is pretty required unless your a leetist bastard.

Anyway, about V13, did her fighting style strike anyone as familiar? The whole summoning swords out of a portal thing, shooting them as expendable projectiles, and being cheap as hell about it?

I swear ive seen that before....

Oh thats right.

Gate of Babyl-Own all over again. God Damit.

:emo: :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo:

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 10:00:27 PM by grandlordzero »
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 10:11:44 PM »
I've had a good 10+ rage quits so far today. Most have been Jin, although I did get a Tager and Bang to rage-quit. The Bang player kept spamming Burning Heat (D) attacks hoping to catch me in the auto-guard, I'm guessing...or trying to activate FRKZ. So I just combo'd FRKZ BnBs and activated FRKZ instead. Promptly got a rage quit, then a message saying that I was playing cheap to get charges in combos where, quote "your D hits are not supposed to be able to combo". Well, if it combos, apparently it is able to be done.

The Tager, I deserved the rage quit. I got FRKZ quick then just ran away from Tager till time ran out. Round 2, got FRKZ and then immediate rage-quit.

The Noel's I've seen today have all been good Noel's all worthy of beating me, the ones who did, and the ones who didn't sure gave me a hell of a fight.

lol, v-13 Gate of Babylon FTW...for the fail.

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2009, 12:46:26 AM »
If it werent for players like Mike Z who show that Tager CAN deal with characters like Arakune, Rachael, and V13, i wouldn't even bother with him. Potemkin he is not.

Ive pretty much switched from playing Tager 100% to playing Ragna 50% and Tager 50%. Tager has some seriously fecked up matchups, so having someone to deal with those characters is pretty required unless your a leetist bastard.

Anyway, about V13, did her fighting style strike anyone as familiar? The whole summoning swords out of a portal thing, shooting them as expendable projectiles, and being cheap as hell about it?

Oh thats right.

Lol yeah, but really it's to be expected, I mean we've already got a character with the voice of Rin interacting with a guy with white hair and a red coat.

btw.Still waiting for Blazblue to arrive Europe=Fail  :emo:
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2009, 01:38:07 AM »

Oh thats right.

Lol yeah, but really it's to be expected, I mean we've already got a character with the voice of Rin interacting with a guy with white hair and a red coat.

btw.Still waiting for Blazblue to arrive Europe=Fail  :emo:

btw.Still waiting for Blazblue to have a PC port=Worse Fail :emo:
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2009, 01:44:47 AM »
I think FRKZ has loads of offensive potential that will soon be figured out with training mode. Expect Bang to go up in tiers a bit.

By the way, Are Melty Blood and Melty Bread different games?

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2009, 02:44:19 PM »
To Bang players: Bumpers or no?

I've never really used them myself, not that they don't have their uses, I just haven't found them to be all that necessary, with Bang's limited projectile arsenal.

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2009, 08:57:45 PM »
I use them when I occasionally use Bang. Useful for quick jumpin mixups, fastfalling, and just zooming across the stage quicker. It's why Bang is my anti nu-13. Put one in a corner and you have a little more air combo potential too I believe.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2009, 09:32:30 PM »
Bumpers are situational. If you are playing an offensive game, save your nails for j236C combo-ing or for tech punishing with j236D.

If you are on the defensive, bumpers could potentially change the game allowing quick getaways and combo breaking. They are intimidating in the hands of an experienced Bang player since they allow for 8-way dashing upon contact that does not consume an air dash/jump. They can also be used to set-up extended combos normally not possible due to frame recovery since contact with a bumper allows instant recovery. They can help set up combo spots or escape locations around the field, but don't overuse them as they also require a nail each per bumper.

I normally set a bumper near each corner just in case I get cornered to allow an escape plan or to put increased pressure on my opponent during the corner game.

I don't do well in Bang vs V-13 match ups. I prefer playing as Jin for those. My worst match ups are against V-13 and Haku-men. I play Jin for those and Bang for everyone else. I need to work on that a little bit.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2009, 01:02:00 AM »
I wonder if this game will ever see a PC release...
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline Phr0z3n

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • test my blade nd get cut sucka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2009, 08:26:18 AM »
everytime i play this online nd i made the room a put bangs song on.
gets me hyped
even if im losin i still play with a smile
 ;D ;D

Offline SunsetHero

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Yes Man Kablaam
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2009, 04:04:11 PM »
I've heard that this game feels pretty "handicapped" compared to Guilty Gear. I'll have to give it a try some time, and maybe play online if I can. I'll look forward to rage-quits, but they'll probably get boring eventually since they're apparently so frequent. :/
HEY!  SWEETY!  You're not going anywhere until you answer our quiz question~!

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2009, 07:06:40 PM »
Actually, it looks like the low lvls of online play have a lot of the douche players who rage-quit. After lvl 20, a lot of players are much better about not rage quitting, either that or they are Jin ice spammers or Noel chain revolver spammers, however they don't really rage quit.

1-20 = 40% rage quitters, 60% players
20-30 = 30% Jin/Noel spammers, 70% players
30+ = ~5% scrubs, 80% players, 15% I'm-going-to-rape-your-face ppl

If I had to break it down

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2009, 08:39:59 PM »
well by now, we have all had time to get good with 1 or 2 characters.

So now im curious. What systems do you guys play on?  >:D

If there are any 360 players here, wondering if we should swap gamertags.

Or should we make a BB thread in Netplay for that kind of stuff?

Ive gotten all my achievements for one-player mode, so all thats left for me is online play now.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 08:41:35 PM by grandlordzero »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2009, 09:09:08 PM »
No need to make another thread, since the netplay forum is more for melty netplay and this is already a BB thread anyway.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2009, 12:42:37 AM »
well by now, we have all had time to get good with 1 or 2 characters.

So now im curious. What systems do you guys play on?  >:D

If there are any 360 players here, wondering if we should swap gamertags.

Or should we make a BB thread in Netplay for that kind of stuff?

Ive gotten all my achievements for one-player mode, so all thats left for me is online play now.

Yeah, 360 here. Gamer tag is ShinMasaki528. Hit me up online, I play BB quite a bit now that it is out.
I have almost all the single player achievements, *Leonidas* achievement is kicking my ass...Hakumen and Unlimited Ragna at the end of Score Attack mode give me shit-tons of trouble. Since I play Bang, I need to be in their face to fight, but with how hard they hit (and the crap that U-Ragna regains hp per hit) it makes it difficult to fight them. D-auto block only helps so much and I don't dare go into FRKZ; even if I run around, Negative Penalty plus their damage output as boss characters destroy me if I go FRKZ. Against Hakumen, I can 'maybe' fight him off...one combo and I eat dirt though. Ragna is a stupid fight.

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2009, 12:48:15 AM »
I've only ever had one rage quit, against a nu-13 user. Depressing.

Gamertag: CX805

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2009, 02:09:38 AM »
Apparently they hate Canada and forgot the French manual so it's been delayed to 28th-30th, with only a few stores actually getting it. So depressing, I'm having to call in favors from friends to see if they can't find the game in their State so I can begin rage quitting learning to play.

I wonder how many rage-quitters are on the PS3  :psyduck:

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2009, 02:33:25 AM »
Yeah, 360 here. Gamer tag is ShinMasaki528. Hit me up online, I play BB quite a bit now that it is out.
I have almost all the single player achievements, *Leonidas* achievement is kicking my ass...Hakumen and Unlimited Ragna at the end of Score Attack mode give me shit-tons of trouble. Since I play Bang, I need to be in their face to fight, but with how hard they hit (and the crap that U-Ragna regains hp per hit) it makes it difficult to fight them. D-auto block only helps so much and I don't dare go into FRKZ; even if I run around, Negative Penalty plus their damage output as boss characters destroy me if I go FRKZ. Against Hakumen, I can 'maybe' fight him off...one combo and I eat dirt though. Ragna is a stupid fight.

For the leonidas achievement, you can chease the entire score-attack mode with jin fairly easily. Takes no skill to do. If you can throw, do 623 motions, and do 236 motions, you can do it. XD

Basically, against unlimited ragna, as soon as the fight starts, use 623 C. (the giant upward slash with invincibility frames)

This lets you dodge and counter Ragnas (likely) early assault.

Then you just do the C version of "Ride the Icicle".  After it hits, Grab him when he Okemi's. Hell be frozen. use another Ride the Icicle, another throw, repeat till dead.  You may have to move forward a bit after icicle to get the grab to connect, until you push him into the corner.

The AI is ballz retarded, and if you time your grab right as he does his little flip to get up, it never throw escapes.

easy cheese.

This method applies to just about any of the other score attack fights as well. Once you catch them in the icicle > Throw > Repeat loop, there done. Getting them INTO the loop is a bit different for some enemeis, but a little experimentation and youl get em.

Also, if you have a second controller, press start on the P2 controller to interrupt the match. Kill the challenger, and the match starts again, completely reset. Use this when your about to lose.

I would normally feal guilty about doing all this, but to be honest? The unlimited characters are bullshit imbalanced, and the AI gives them inhuman reaction speeds. If there going to cheat, i dont see why we shouldnt. (i made it to unlimited ragna with both tager and ragna normally before losing, so i feel no guilt.)

Hell Mode arcade was much harder for me since i did it before i found out about the loop. God i HATE V13. SO MUCH.  :emo:

Leonidas was a hella easy achievement to do once you know the trick. (credit goes to some dude on the BB Gamefaqs board for discovering the jin loop.)

Anyway, Gamertag is: grandlordzero

Adding shin and CX, then hitting the hay.

To anyone else, send me an invite if you want a match. And mention that your from melty bread. Youl get a much quicker response. XD
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 02:42:16 AM by grandlordzero »

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2009, 11:48:02 AM »
Heh, when I make Player Match rooms, the room title is called Melty Blood PLZ. I've had some comments about it, like "wtf is a melty blood?" "who plays that scrub game" etc etc.

Hell mode is cake. Score attack mode is way tougher. Unlimited Rachel is easy, unlimited v-13 is easy. Hakumen is hard for me (cpu reaction speed makes this hard) and unlimited ragna is hard. I'll try it with Jin later after work.

Bang players...have you found an effective use for FRKZ yet? While I was giving it props at first, actually it makes the game a bit harder. All you can really do is run around since you can't input lengthy combo commands since he can dash-cancel anything. I was messing around with FRKZ last night and the best I could come up with were a couple reliable 4k+ combos and a nifty little astral finish tech punish. Will likely post a combo vid or instructional how-to for Bang in the near future...when I get my DVD recorder back.   :V

Also I found a corner combo that gives all 4 FRKZ charges and deals a massive 5296 damage using just 2 nails and no meter.  :slowpoke:
However, I'm still trying to see if this combo is completely untechable. I manage up to a specific point then the combo becomes invalid.  :V
I can do a variation of the combo mid-screen and it is all a valid combo but only does a little less than 3k...does give all 4 FRKZ charges though.

Oh, and if you can get down the almost inhuman timing on it, I did find a 4800 combo that requires only 1 nail and no meter. I can only pull it off right now with 'easy deploy' but the timing isn't all that much different than my FRKZ combos, so I should essentially be able to pull this one off normally...was getting late and my hands weren't working right anymore, so this is one I'll confirm later.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 11:49:48 AM by ShinMasaki »

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2009, 01:04:01 PM »
Bang players...have you found an effective use for FRKZ yet? While I was giving it props at first, actually it makes the game a bit harder. All you can really do is run around since you can't input lengthy combo commands since he can dash-cancel anything. I was messing around with FRKZ last night and the best I could come up with were a couple reliable 4k+ combos and a nifty little astral finish tech punish. Will likely post a combo vid or instructional how-to for Bang in the near future...when I get my DVD recorder back.   :V

Also I found a corner combo that gives all 4 FRKZ charges and deals a massive 5296 damage using just 2 nails and no meter.  :slowpoke:
However, I'm still trying to see if this combo is completely untechable. I manage up to a specific point then the combo becomes invalid.  :V
I can do a variation of the combo mid-screen and it is all a valid combo but only does a little less than 3k...does give all 4 FRKZ charges though.

Oh, and if you can get down the almost inhuman timing on it, I did find a 4800 combo that requires only 1 nail and no meter. I can only pull it off right now with 'easy deploy' but the timing isn't all that much different than my FRKZ combos, so I should essentially be able to pull this one off normally...was getting late and my hands weren't working right anymore, so this is one I'll confirm later.

Im no bang player, so don't take my opinion to seriously, but it seems like everyone is going about using FRKZ the wrong way. It seems like its primarily a clock-runner tool/Match Ender. Couple it with properly placed bumpers, if you get a good lead on your opponent and activate it, you just won the match since they cant take back the lead if they cant hit you.

Other then that, it makes your overall mixup game hella better since trying to follow FRKZ is damn near impossible unless your 100% thoroughbred japanese. Ya, combos are possible, but that doesn't seem like its primary use. By the time you get enough icons to use FRKZ, the opponent should already be heavily damaged, so massive combos really aren't necessary.

Like you guys, im sure theres some awesome offensive potential yet undiscovered behind it, but until you find out just what it is, you pretty much have to work with what youve got and what you know works.

It seems like going for FRKZ at the start of the match is the wrong strategy with it. The more fighting you have to do in FRKZ, the more vulnerable you are. IMO, its a match ender and not much more. (albeit an incredibly awesome match ender.)

Youl see what i mean watching this guy. What he does right AND what he does wrong seems to validate my theory on FRKZ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SduRIVe8jF4&feature=related

Study him if you havent been already.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 01:07:43 PM by grandlordzero »

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2009, 01:05:46 PM »
Hmmm Blazblue just arrived for me today and I recon someone on the dev team definately loves the Fate series.

I mean as well as Rachel's voice actor and Nu-13's Gate's of Babylon has anyone noticed that Litchi has a special called Tsubame Gaeshi?

Half expecting Noel to pull out excalibur for a hidden move.  :prinny:
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2009, 02:18:44 PM »
@Shin: You know there's a standard 4 seal combo? 2D jD 236C land jD 236C 5D air finish of choice. You can use 5D to replace the first 2D on CH on some characters but its not something to aim for.

@Grandlord: You can use it as a clocker runner, but the only time its commonly recommended is vs Hakumen or Tager. You are also using Dora, pretty much accepted as the best Bang player, as your example, yet Dora uses it offensively far more than he does for end match running. He'll often pop FRKZ as soon as possible (you can't start a match with it anyways since it requires the 4 seals and 50% meter) regardless of the situation.

On the topic of using FRKZ, it depends on the matchup and situation. If you're playing someone slower like Hakumen or Tager, it can be a definite advantage. I've also used it for things such as popping it when Rachel throws out a lightning rod ball, dashing through it and punishing for the match. I also have had a "be like Dora" moment where I have used the invincibility on activation to counter (I've followed up immediately with bang's dash super to punish a Hakumen 2b, as in he threw out 2b, then I FRKZ and supered before it recovered, the damage buff giving me the win).

In all honesty, I'm really not that great with FRKZ (I can barely combo with it since I feel so rushed), but even if you're not Dora and can't reliably use it every match it has still turned out to be a great situational move.

Also, apparently you can barrier block while in FRKZ? I haven't tried it yet but that's what I heard. It would make it much more useful if that were true.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 02:27:09 PM by MasterT »