hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift  (Read 64723 times)

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
Re: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2009, 06:55:09 PM »
The new Nu doesn't look impressive at all...

That was the point.

I don't see why they had to nerf her. Yea, tager guys whine but that's like zangief whining about akuma: sometimes it just sucks to be you. If you're going to nerf range, speed, and damage, at least give a good shoryuu to the poor girl. But then again, at least she wasn't noel-ed >.>

Are we talking about ST Akuma or what? She had an advantage in every matchup, maybe one or two even matches. Akuma couldn't do 50% of a character's life in one projectile combo. She needed to be nerfed. I haven't seen any videos of her after loketests finished so I can't really comment on whether or not the nerfs she did get were deserved.

In other news

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8890067

help I have to be afraid of hakumen now

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2009, 08:06:13 PM »
Are we talking about ST Akuma or what? She had an advantage in every matchup, maybe one or two even matches. Akuma couldn't do 50% of a character's life in one projectile combo. She needed to be nerfed. I haven't seen any videos of her after loketests finished so I can't really comment on whether or not the nerfs she did get were deserved.

In other news

You are all operating off faulty/outdated information.

This matchup chart is the source of the OMG NU WINS EVERYTHING! bullshit: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5920

You will notice that Inoue has said everything is an advantage for nu and given her a +11.5 to matchups; if you bother to look at what every other player says about nu, you will notice that: A) Inoue is full of shit and has no idea how to properly rate a matchup B) Rachel is actually the best character in the game.

Here is the more recent (and less fucked up) chart: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7339

Note: Rachel rating 90
          Nu Rating      80

And if you look at the tools Rachel has (free gaurd breaks, the best okizeme in the game, 5000+ DMG for no meter, silly good area denial, pumpkin); it makes sense.
Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2009, 09:23:23 PM »

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2009, 10:38:52 PM »
Frog is super broken, that's how :psyduck:

I'm not sure, I don't play her; But I have had that shit get pulled on me at the arcade, so I know it can happen.

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2009, 12:31:56 AM »
That didn't change what I said. In fact it agrees with what I said. She has no bad matchups. I wasn't even going off a specific chart.

I know Rachel can get an easy 5k off Tager because he's Tager and 5B counter hit is ridiculous. I imagine other than Tager they'd have to be a frog-able character.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 12:33:41 AM by MasterT »

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2009, 09:25:14 AM »
You guys are shittin' me, I'm pretty darn sure Rachel has no (realistic) 5k meterless combo. Even the refrog combos will get her 4.3k-ish at most without the use of Baden super. You be playin' Unlimited Rachel dawg!

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2009, 02:55:48 PM »

In other news

You are all operating off faulty/outdated information.

This matchup chart is the source of the OMG NU WINS EVERYTHING! bullshit: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5920

You will notice that Inoue has said everything is an advantage for nu and given her a +11.5 to matchups; if you bother to look at what every other player says about nu, you will notice that: A) Inoue is full of shit and has no idea how to properly rate a matchup B) Rachel is actually the best character in the game.

Here is the more recent (and less fucked up) chart: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7339

Note: Rachel rating 90
          Nu Rating      80

And if you look at the tools Rachel has (free gaurd breaks, the best okizeme in the game, 5000+ DMG for no meter, silly good area denial, pumpkin); it makes sense.

You mean Rachel only has 10 more points because Carl vs Rachel is impossible and Nu sometimes explodes when playing against Carl. Nu also doesn't have a single bad matchup. The top 3 all needed a nerf just as badly, it doesn't matter who is better or worse than who else.

Or we can settle with what GG did and make Eddie horribly stupid in every single game. That's obviously a good solution.

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2009, 05:44:16 PM »
I was all for the top 3 getting toned down a bit. Keyword: a bit. Theres a difference between nerfing and castrating.

Don't know how Ara is atm in the latest loktest, but last i looked, he was pretty much at a good level imo. Still really good, but not utterly fucking crazy anymore.

Rachael got hit TOO hard imo. what bugged me about rachael/nu wasnt all the tools they had to fuck people up, it was the shear ammount of damage they did while doing so. People bitch in MBAC about ciels EX Heiro, but Nu can pretty much start that for no meter at all. You twitch wrong, and bam. sword bnb to the face from across the fucking screen, removing half your life if your not tager. I'd be fine with that if it wasn't for the "half your life" part.

As mentioned earlier with gief vs akuma, like Nu vs tager for example, its fucking hard as hell for the gief to get in and just HIT the bastard. However, as a tradeoff for the zoning and escape ability, akuma has horrid low defense and damage dealing capabilities against gief.

Whereas Nu is...well....Nu. (you get the picture)

i guess the point im trying to make is that i would have been happy with simple stat changes and not complete mechanic's overhauls.

Then again, i was stuck with tager throughout CT, and i did fine, so the old top 3 should be fine anyway. Just learn to deal with it or pick a new top tier. Being low tier seriously isnt the end of the world. Just gives you even more bragging rights when you kick there ass.  :teach:

and now, time for TACOS.
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2009, 08:03:32 PM »
I honestly hated Arakune more than Nu. Nu only has so many options; obviously the options are good enough to put her in top 3, but for me at least Arakune bullshit was just way more annoying to deal with. I'd say Arakune is, for the most part, stronger than Nu and Rachel outside the top 3, they just have good matchups against him. My god do I hate chasing that fucker.

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2009, 09:12:15 PM »
I played Jin, my matchup were all 5.0-6.0; what is this hard matchup your speak of?

The real problem with CT wasn't  how good the top 3 were, it was how ass everything under the top 5 were.  If you weren't play Rachel, Nu, Arakune, Jin, or Carl the game was a neverending uphill battle of terrible matchups.  Because the other characters really didn't have anywhere near the same amount of options (except Carl who just killed you in one combo anyways).  Rachel could even break out of claploop for a mere wind .

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2009, 12:37:09 AM »
[03:35] <Ultima66> also I lived the dream today
[03:35] <Ultima66> backdash B buster
[03:35] <Ultima66> gadget finger B buster
[03:35] <Ultima66> gadget finger super

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2009, 02:27:54 AM »
I played Jin, my matchup were all 5.0-6.0; what is this hard matchup your speak of?
RIDE THE ICENING!!!
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2009, 03:00:27 AM »
you can B buster out of gadget now?

*creams*

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2009, 08:00:34 AM »
you can B buster out of gadget now?

*creams*
You can do everything out of Gadget. It leaves you and the opponent both in neutral.

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2009, 11:45:22 AM »
Aren't you at a frame advantage with gadget? I saw a Tager do b buster after gadget and it gave the double purple, stop trying to combo your throws, throw break sign.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2009, 05:56:57 PM »
Aren't you at a frame advantage with gadget? I saw a Tager do b buster after gadget and it gave the double purple, stop trying to combo your throws, throw break sign.
No idea, pretty sure I buffered first frame Genesic and didn't get that.

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2009, 07:31:13 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyREvcQxngM

Happens about 40 seconds in.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2009, 11:27:19 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyREvcQxngM

Happens about 40 seconds in.
Yeah, supposedly it's 3f. Just delay B buster by like 1f and Genesic by 2f or something I guess.

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2009, 01:32:04 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?zjwmjihnttu

most of the new tunes from CS. (Not all, most.)

Highest quality they've posted too. (320 kbps)

Once again, thank the dudes on dustloop.

Gluttony Fang (Hazama's Theme): OH GOD YES. I JUST CAME OUT MY EARLOBES.

Nightmare Fiction (Ragna vs Hazama): Amazing piece, but imo, it would fit better as a Rachel vs Hazama piece then a Ragna vs Hazama piece. It sounds like what you'd get if your crossed Queen of Rose and Gluttony Fang, not Rebellion and Gluttony Fang.

Condemnation Wings (Tsubaki's Theme): What LUST Sin should have been imo.

Memory of Tears (Noel vs Tsubaki): Great. Not amazing, not bad. Just great. No complaints at all, but nothing that strikes me as amazing either. It stands out just because there's not a single lowpoint in the entire song. Its just great the whole way through. Even Gluttony Fang and Nightmare Fiction had a few points in the song where it felt a little weak. MoT doesn't have that.

Rubble Song (Ending Theme): Love the way it starts out. Slow, sad, desolate. Looking at the arcade endings, it fits. Then the guitar hits full swing and kills it imo. Doesn't sound like "Rubble" during that.

Endless Despair (Boss Hazama Theme): Ok, finally a final boss theme that doesn't sound like fucking deathklok. Me likes. Starts off like generic J-RPG final boss music for a sec, making you think, "oh comon Arcsys... why?" and then BAM. HAZAMA TROLLING.

Also, for all you tourneyfags, i bring you....THE TIERLIST! (As of now)

||| Ragna ||  Jin  ||  Nol  || Tag  ||   Tao  || Rac   ||   Ara   ||  Lit    || Car  ||  Ban  ||  Hak    ||  Lam  ||   Tsu   || Haz |
RG|  -.-  ||  5.5  ||  5.5   ||  6.0  ||   5.5  ||  6.5   ||   5.0   ||  5.5   ||  4,5  ||  4.5  ||   5.0   ||  5.5    ||  6.0    ||  5.5 |
JI|   4.5  ||  -.-  ||  5.5   ||  4.5  ||   5.5   ||   6.0  ||   4.5   ||  4.5   ||  4.5  ||  4.0  ||  4.5    ||  5.0   ||  6.0    ||  5.0  |
NO|  4.5  ||  5.0  ||  -.-   ||  4.5  ||   5.0   ||   5.5  ||   4.5   ||  4.5   ||  4.5  ||  4.5  ||  5.0    ||  5.0  ||   5.5   ||  4.5  |
TG|  4.0  ||  5.0  ||  5.5   ||  -.-  ||   4.0   ||   6.0  ||   4.5   ||  4.0   ||  3.5  ||  4.0  ||  4.5    ||  3.0  ||   6.0   ||  5.5  |
TA|  5.0  ||  4.5  ||  5.5   ||  5.0  ||   -.-   ||   6.0  ||   4.5   ||  4.0   ||  5.5  ||  5.0  ||  5.5    ||  5.5  ||   6.0   ||  5.0  |
RA|  3.0  ||  4.0  ||  4.5   ||  4.5  ||   4.5   ||   -.-  ||   5.0   ||  3.5   ||  4.0  ||  3.5  ||  4.5    ||  3.5  ||   3.5   ||  5.0  |
AR|  5.0  ||  5.5  ||  6.0   ||  6.5  ||   5.0   ||   6.0  ||   -.-   ||  3.5   ||  4.0  ||  4.5  ||  5.0    ||  3.5  ||   6.0   ||  5.5  |
LI|   4.5  ||  5.5  ||  6.0   ||  7.5  ||   5.5   ||   7.0  ||   7.5   ||  -.-   ||  -.-  ||  5.0  ||  5.5    ||  5.5  ||   6.0   ||  5.5  |
CA|  5.0  ||  5.5  ||  5.5   ||  6.0  ||   5.5   ||   6.0  ||   5.0   ||  4.0   ||  -.-  ||  4.5  ||  4.0    ||  5.5  ||   6.0   ||  5.0  |
BA|  6.0  ||  6.0  ||  5.5   ||  7.0  ||   5.0   ||   6.5  ||   5.5   ||  4.5   ||  4.5  ||  -.-  ||  5.0    ||  6.5  ||   6.0   ||  6.0  |
HK|  5.0  ||  5.5  ||  5.5   ||  5.5  ||   4.0   ||   6.5  ||   5.0   ||  4.5   ||  -.-  ||  4.0  ||  -.-    ||  4.5  ||   5.5   ||  6.0  |
LA|  4.5  ||  5.0  ||  5.0   ||  6.0  ||   4.0   ||   6.5  ||   6.5   ||  4.0   ||  5.0  ||  3.0  ||  5.0    ||  -.-  ||   4.5   ||  5.0  |
TS|  3.0  ||  5.0  ||  5.0   ||  5.0  ||   4.5   ||   6.0  ||   4.5   ||  3.0   ||  4.0  ||  4.0  ||  4.0    ||  4.5  ||   -.-   ||  4.5  |
HA|  4.5  ||  5.0  ||  5.0   ||  6.5  ||   5.0   ||   5.5  ||   6.0   ||  4.5   ||  5.0  ||  4.0  ||  5.5    ||  5.5  ||   4.5   ||  -.-  |

Litchi = (+11.0)
Bang = (+9.0)
Hakumen = (+7.0)
Ragna = (+5.5)
Carl = (+2.5)
Taokaka = (+2.0)
Hazama = (+1.5)
Arakune = (+1.0)
Jin = (-1.0)
Lambda = (-1.0)
Noel = (-2.5)
Tager = (-5.5)
Tsubaki = (-8.0)
Rachel = (-12.0)

The vampire loli is now CT Tager tier. Rachel players, pick your new mains. (Hey, its not like you didn't see this coming since the first test. >_>)

Also, lol @ litchi being on top. Where the hell did that come from?  :mystery:

Tager's still a lil low, but at least he doesn't have anymore brickwall matchups like CT Tager vs CT Arakune or CT Tager vs CT Carl. His lambda matchup is pretty much unchanged, but its now the absolute worst thing he has to worry about. Considering CT Tager vs Nu was still manageable (albeit retardedly hard), id say Tager is fucking solid now. SCIENCE BITCHES.

Note that each characters matchup data was based on the japanese players of that character. Example: Tager players think he does fairly well against litchi with a 4.0/6.0 Litchi. However, Litchi players think its a breeze fighting him, with 2.5/7.5 Litchi.

ergo data doesn't match up well. Its still the best weve got so far, and not many are disputing it much.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 02:06:52 PM by grandlordzero »

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2009, 01:59:14 PM »
The vampire loli is now CT Tager tier. Rachel players, pick your new mains. (Hey, its not like you didn't see this coming since the first loktest. >_>)

My loli...

What have they done to you?  :emo:

I mean it looks like Hazama will be a decent sub for when I tire of putting my loli up to get continuously ****ed by a good section of the cast (Ragna is going to be worst because he's so damn popular) but still, whilst Hazama does look awesome he just isn't the loli.

Ah well, at least she has a fair chance of fighting off Arakune's tentacles and Hazama's chains and Tager may not be able to completely have his way with her... (He's just too big for that >.<)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 02:01:46 PM by Iduno »
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2009, 04:08:31 PM »

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2009, 06:30:28 PM »
I'm pretty happy with the new tiers, the only characters I would play (Hazama, Jin Bang, in that order) are all pretty damn solid.

Also Hazama's theme is so good that it evens out the earbleed from the new announcer.

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2009, 10:12:59 PM »
Assuming your fighting with/against hazama, yes. The rest of the cast isn't that lucky. -_-

The more i hear that announcer, the more I consider actually not getting CS. Im annoyed as fuck just listening to him/her/it in match vids, i cant imagine how much its going to torture me if I get the console version.

Other then the head-invincibility on atomic colider, Id actually trade tager's buffs for the old announcer. Thats how much it feels like my ears are being raped.

Might actually be smarter to just get the new OST and play it while watching muted matchvids.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:18:11 PM by grandlordzero »

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2010, 09:48:41 PM »
.THE TIERLIST! (As of now)

||| Ragna ||  Jin  ||  Nol  || Tag  ||   Tao  || Rac   ||   Ara   ||  Lit    || Car  ||  Ban  ||  Hak    ||  Lam  ||   Tsu   || Haz |
RG|  -.-  ||  5.5  ||  5.5   ||  6.0  ||   5.5  ||  6.5   ||   5.0   ||  5.5   ||  4,5  ||  4.5  ||   5.0   ||  5.5    ||  6.0    ||  5.5 |
JI|   4.5  ||  -.-  ||  5.5   ||  4.5  ||   5.5   ||   6.0  ||   4.5   ||  4.5   ||  4.5  ||  4.0  ||  4.5    ||  5.0   ||  6.0    ||  5.0  |
NO|  4.5  ||  5.0  ||  -.-   ||  4.5  ||   5.0   ||   5.5  ||   4.5   ||  4.5   ||  4.5  ||  4.5  ||  5.0    ||  5.0  ||   5.5   ||  4.5  |
TG|  4.0  ||  5.0  ||  5.5   ||  -.-  ||   4.0   ||   6.0  ||   4.5   ||  4.0   ||  3.5  ||  4.0  ||  4.5    ||  3.0  ||   6.0   ||  5.5  |
TA|  5.0  ||  4.5  ||  5.5   ||  5.0  ||   -.-   ||   6.0  ||   4.5   ||  4.0   ||  5.5  ||  5.0  ||  5.5    ||  5.5  ||   6.0   ||  5.0  |
RA|  3.0  ||  4.0  ||  4.5   ||  4.5  ||   4.5   ||   -.-  ||   5.0   ||  3.5   ||  4.0  ||  3.5  ||  4.5    ||  3.5  ||   3.5   ||  5.0  |
AR|  5.0  ||  5.5  ||  6.0   ||  6.5  ||   5.0   ||   6.0  ||   -.-   ||  3.5   ||  4.0  ||  4.5  ||  5.0    ||  3.5  ||   6.0   ||  5.5  |
LI|   4.5  ||  5.5  ||  6.0   ||  7.5  ||   5.5   ||   7.0  ||   7.5   ||  -.-   ||  -.-  ||  5.0  ||  5.5    ||  5.5  ||   6.0   ||  5.5  |
CA|  5.0  ||  5.5  ||  5.5   ||  6.0  ||   5.5   ||   6.0  ||   5.0   ||  4.0   ||  -.-  ||  4.5  ||  4.0    ||  5.5  ||   6.0   ||  5.0  |
BA|  6.0  ||  6.0  ||  5.5   ||  7.0  ||   5.0   ||   6.5  ||   5.5   ||  4.5   ||  4.5  ||  -.-  ||  5.0    ||  6.5  ||   6.0   ||  6.0  |
HK|  5.0  ||  5.5  ||  5.5   ||  5.5  ||   4.0   ||   6.5  ||   5.0   ||  4.5   ||  -.-  ||  4.0  ||  -.-    ||  4.5  ||   5.5   ||  6.0  |
LA|  4.5  ||  5.0  ||  5.0   ||  6.0  ||   4.0   ||   6.5  ||   6.5   ||  4.0   ||  5.0  ||  3.0  ||  5.0    ||  -.-  ||   4.5   ||  5.0  |
TS|  3.0  ||  5.0  ||  5.0   ||  5.0  ||   4.5   ||   6.0  ||   4.5   ||  3.0   ||  4.0  ||  4.0  ||  4.0    ||  4.5  ||   -.-   ||  4.5  |
HA|  4.5  ||  5.0  ||  5.0   ||  6.5  ||   5.0   ||   5.5  ||   6.0   ||  4.5   ||  5.0  ||  4.0  ||  5.5    ||  5.5  ||   4.5   ||  -.-  |

Upon closer inspection of this tier list...who the hell wrote this retarded list?
How does Bang have a 4.5 against Carl when Carl has a 4.5 against Bang?
Ragna is 5.5 against Tao, but Tao is 5.0 against Ragna.
And other unexplained oddities here. I find this tier list questionable.  :mystery:

Took a closer look after my friends were bugging me about the CS tier listing and I wanted to see how much better my Bang is than their scrub characters.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2010, 10:13:43 PM »

Note that each characters matchup data was based on the japanese players of that character. Example: Tager players think he does fairly well against litchi with a 4.0/6.0 Litchi. However, Litchi players think its a breeze fighting him, with 2.5/7.5 Litchi.

ergo data doesn't match up well. Its still the best weve got so far, and not many are disputing it much.