hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Borderlands  (Read 1875 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Borderlands
« on: October 27, 2009, 01:05:48 PM »
I got the chance to play it (on pc).  It's a pretty awesome game.  Sniper crits are gdlk damage.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 01:35:19 PM »
I was kind of interested until I saw gameplay videos. It uses more of an RPG battle system via FPS (enemies not reacting to damage and such) makes the FPS fan in me unhappy, and the lack of any real combat skills and boring fetch/kill quest setup makes the RPG fan in me unhappy. None of me is happy, so I didn't really bother with it.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 01:47:32 PM »
Working in a gaming retail store, I hear a lot about this game. Most of it is good, but then I also hear the other side, like MasterT was saying, that and I hear the ending is meh and kinda dissolves the feeling you get through the entire game. The game is always sold out in my store, so I dunno.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 07:08:43 PM »
its diablo with guns.

from hearing that, you should already know if your going to get it or not.
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 09:18:34 PM »
It's hardly Diablo with guns given that the only thing Diabloish about it is the randomized loot. No random maps alone set it apart from that genre.

That being said the presentation is slick and the atmosphere is good and it's fun in coop.
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 11:02:46 PM »
Small set of customizable classes with there own niche, emphasis on multiplayer, large areas with bosses to farm, random ass loot, and quests.

even without random maps, i half expected one of the npc's to say "Stay a While and Listen".

If you liked Diablo, TF2, FO3, or just shooters/multiplayer rpg's in general, give it a shot. I'd say try before you buy though.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 11:05:08 PM by grandlordzero »
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 11:09:00 PM »
I was kind of interested until I saw gameplay videos. It uses more of an RPG battle system via FPS (enemies not reacting to damage and such) makes the FPS fan in me unhappy, and the lack of any real combat skills and boring fetch/kill quest setup makes the RPG fan in me unhappy. None of me is happy, so I didn't really bother with it.
The enemies react to shots to a degree.  You can stun with shots to certain areas and then there are the special crit spots you can aim for.  It's more fun than Fallout 3 was, imo. 

But yeah, I can understand why you wouldn't like it just as much as I can understand why I enjoy it.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 03:14:35 AM »
Looks pretty good, I'll probably pick it up after my Left 4 Dead 2 hype dies down a bit(March?)

By the way, Are Melty Blood and Melty Bread different games?