When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Camp of Duty: Model 1887 2  (Read 5530 times)

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
Camp of Duty: Model 1887 2
« on: December 11, 2009, 12:03:48 AM »
Good lord this is the worst FPS I have ever played.

Why can't I stop playing it =(

Also I couldn't figure out a way to reference the Javelin glitch in the title sorry.

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
Re: Camp of Duty: Model 1887 2
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 12:10:06 AM »
For those who have no idea what hes talking about, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwGBR9Sdtzg&fmt=18

:mystery:

Its shit like this that makes me glad i didnt get hooked on CoD faggotry. Piece of shit kills people faster then the crack addicts on Counterstrike with the fucking AK. And at least in CS you still had to fucking aim.  :emo:

EDIT: Didn't know about the Javelin glitch. This game is even shittier then i thought. O_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd188EOfuf0
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 12:30:17 AM by grandlordzero »
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 10:44:42 AM »
Well they fixed the Javelin glitch this morning for Xbox 360 users.

Now they just need to nerf shotguns. Which won't happen.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 01:54:58 PM »
Stop playing shittty FPS games.
what the fuck is this game

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 02:31:57 PM »
I'd play shitty fighters but MBAA doesn't have a PC port yet.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 03:25:06 PM »
Personally...in Modern Warfare 2. The javelin glitch was pissing me off to no end, but with the patch this morning the game is now effectively fixed. I have no more complaints.

I don't use the Model 1887, I run Akimbo D.Eagle or Akimbo Raffica.

The killing effectiveness of the Model 1887 is ridiculous, they need to lessen the range of it or make it less damaging at long range...but either way, I rarely have the issue of dealing with people that Akimbo them.

I LOVE THIS GAME  :fap: :fap: :fap:
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 09:59:30 PM »
The javelin glitch was a way for the government to get rid of the people dumb enough to try doing it irl.

Offline MonoTekETeA

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 10:45:24 PM »
Personally...in Modern Warfare 2. The javelin glitch was pissing me off to no end, but with the patch this morning the game is now effectively fixed. I have no more complaints.

I don't use the Model 1887, I run Akimbo D.Eagle or Akimbo Raffica.

The killing effectiveness of the Model 1887 is ridiculous, they need to lessen the range of it or make it less damaging at long range...but either way, I rarely have the issue of dealing with people that Akimbo them.

I LOVE THIS GAME  :fap: :fap: :fap:

Yeah, in the first 2 weeks of the game, I ran into some one doing this, and they sucked so bad. So what ever. I was just a knife loser, so I would just run around and knife the fuck out of people and win matches that way. I haven't played since, and would guess that people should be able to out play me now, and shoot me before I get to them. It did make for some great kill cams though. I need to sell my copy...

-Jeremy

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 10:56:18 PM »
1887s were nerfed on PS3, 360 will get the patch whenever MS approves it. 1887 users are crying sweet tears of blood.

Offline It is a mystery.

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 01:27:52 PM »
Shotguns are still too good, even after the patch. I miss COD4.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 03:26:07 PM »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 05:05:28 PM »
Never bring a gun to a knife fight.

oh wow...that guy...can you possibly bitch more?

if you can't figure out how the game works, then don't play it. true, the knife in MW2 is a very powerful weapon, if you are properly watching out for yourself and you know what you are doing, then knifers aren't a big deal. shotgun spammers and stinger glitchers annoyed me for the first while until the game got patched, but knifers? come on, if you aren't good enough to deal with it, then stfu and go back to Halo or something. MW2 was balanced accordingly after the latest patch. If you knew what you were doing with your preferred weapon, then you were good, however there was no one weapon that overpowered any other weapon. combination of perks helped with commando + knife or slight of hand + striker, but if you sucked it didn't matter...if you were good, then it only helped.

Don't apply this to fighting games. in most fighters, players play based on the character tiers where some characters are definitely more powerful than others and top level games would come down to the exact same match-ups.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 05:25:43 PM »
I dunno if your comment is directed at me or the guy in the video, but I'll state my thoughts.

Knifing isn't a problem, Commando is. ALL my Commando-related deaths have been someone charging directly at me while I was spraying them down with an AA-12 or something with a high rate of fire like the Vector. Then BOOM! Commando lunge and I'm dead when the other guy was like 5-10 feet away. The kill cam shows that he never took any damage either. Because Commando lunge has INVINCIBILITY. If I see someone charging directly at me from that distance and I have my iron sight on him and go full auto, there is NO reason why he should win that encounter if his goal is to knife me instead of shoot. It's a flawed mechanic. He raises some good points except when he said that knifing in CoD4 was already overpowered. Knifing in CoD4 was GARBAGE. The hit detection was so bad that it would miss 9/10 times, so if you had to knife in that game, you better pray that it hit them. They didn't need to add Commando to fix that. Also, I don't think noobtube + OMA/Scavenger even needs to be discussed. The issues with that are crystal clear. Noobtube was fine in CoD4 because they took away your tier 1 perk and grenades, but in MW2, you get to keep BOTH and re-stock.

I don't play Halo and I never will. There are better shooters out there that actually promote team-based gameplay like Bad Company 2. I'm not good at shooters, which is why I've always liked CoD's pick up and play design, but this is simply overkill. I've gone back to play some CoD4 recently and even the most annoying things from that game don't stack up to all of MW2's BS. I get much better games in that more often and I don't even run the "overpowered" stuff like M16, Martyrdom, or whatever. Thankfully there are still a lot of people who play it.

Also, $15 for the first map pack? lol Activision.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 05:39:55 PM by Grolla Seyfarth »

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 06:56:11 PM »
I dunno if your comment is directed at me or the guy in the video, but I'll state my thoughts.

sorry if that was unclear. all you did was post a single link. my comment was totally fired to the guy complaining in the video.

wall 'o text

Personally, I don't have anything against Commando users. But then again, my main weapon is primarily the Barrett  (please don't say you are one of the people that say that sniping is camping). What pisses me off is blatant misuse of the Barrett because of the semi-auto/instakill that the Barrett has and people run around unloading all 10 shots of the Barrett no scoped hoping for a kill...really hate how people do that...the gun was not designed for that and as such should not be used like that.

My second that I run around with is the M16 with stopping power. It is a very good, accurate gun and I use it on most maps that sniping is not a possibility. As such, I do have encounters with knife-class players. The thing that gets me about knifers though, is the hit detection. While it has been improved from CoD4, I swear that I die more times to knives that miss more than knives that actually hit. What I mean is that there is a hitbox range that knife users can hit in. Sure they have their lunge, but the entirety of the space in front of them is NOT a killzone...only the specific attack box that the knife has an effect in. If I don't see the knifer coming, I die...simple. If I do see them, I try to get them to lunge when I'm not there...jumping, insta-prone, and whatnot. This is basic tactics...if someone is attacking you, you get out of their way. If this is not a possibility, the commando user has priority due to the invincibility the attack has. however, with the lunge comes cooldown time for the knife before you can re-lunge, so if you insta-prone or jump around them, then you have the opportunity to knife.

In close range fights...as was stated, don't bring a gun to a knife fight. Personally though, I tend to have my grenade set as throwing knife as throwing knife (in my findings) is the only thing that counters commando invincibility and will drop someone mid-lunge (which is quite fun to see as the opponent is still lunging and their body flies through the air...preferably off a cliff granted that you are playing Afghan).

Your gun is meant for long-mid to long range attacks. Snipers are meant for long to extreme range attacks. Sidearms are meant for long-close to mid range attacks (except for the magnum...that sidearm is godlike...or the Raffica Akimbo). Close range attacks are solely meant for the knife. That is how I play MW2 anyway and it does quite well for me. Knowing your effective range is extremely important.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 01:08:05 PM »
You don't necessarily need to worry about missing a lunge when you've got the Tac Knife + Commando. Plus you have faster attack and much less recovery. :|

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N77N-AEyXhw

rofl I couldn't help myself. This has happened to me before, but on Rundown. I spawned in someone's line of sight at the beginning of the match (but I couldn't see him, he was in the building across from me) and he no-scoped me as soon as the timer was finished counting down. :psyduck:

And it seems to be official now, 12 MS points/$15 for the first map pack. Only 3 new maps. :V

http://kotaku.com/5501945/infinity-ward-points-finger-at-activision-for-modern-warfare-2-pack-pricing
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 12:40:01 PM by Grolla Seyfarth »

Offline It is a mystery.

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 06:39:41 PM »
It's true, those maps are horribly overpriced. I can't play MW2 now, not that i think it's a bad game but....Like a certain other overrated game by EPIC studios it seems to rather strangely bring out the worst in everyone and i find myself pissed every time i get off it, so i play Bad Company 2 when i'm FPS'n.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 07:06:10 PM »
I went back and tried to play MW2 after almost 2 weeks and I just can't play it anymore. Every time I get off the game I'm more raged than satisfied. I recently picked up World at War again and seriously, I don't care what anyone says, the issues in that game don't come close to MW2's current flaws. Like, HOW did Infinity Ward think that it was ok to let you keep your first perk with noobtubes? I feel like I can't use any other tier 2 perk besides cold blooded because of how frequently air support comes up.

Also, speaking of Bad Company 2:

http://www.xboxic.com/news/5855

EA and Dice are constantly sticking it to Activision. lol After seeing the new maps in gameplay footage, yeah, the Stimulus Package is a ripoff. It's so funny how they chose that name when it's at odds with the price tag. The new Medal of Honor game this fall is supposed to be a reboot of the series and it's looking promising so far. EA looks like they really took their time with this one and it could very well deal a severe blow to MW2. The next CoD game which will be released this fall is Black Ops (supposedly) and if it's really set during the Vietnam War, then it already has a lot going against it because Vietnam is just not a very popular war to use for games.