When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 23750 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Re: CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 09:36:31 PM »
Damn, Youmu is beast.  Darcius is running a train on everyone with it right now.  Her strong defensive and high burst damage is pretty devastating.

Press:  I only managed to beat Darcius' Youmu deck with my 4 Remi.  I beat it twice over, and the second game was pretty even between us.  We both got a little spell screwed early game and but then got basically all our best shit out end game.  I barely pulled out the win both times.  It was pretty thrilling.  But holy fuck that he just dominated so many others (what like 4 different decks he beat down?).  It's super beast.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 12:32:08 AM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Kronic

• dicks about
  • Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2010, 01:25:47 AM »
Well, got lectures till around 1500 today, and free from then onwards. Presuming I can assemble a deck, I should be free to learn to play tonight. I was never the best, so I thoroughly expect to get thrashed. :3

Gives me the opportunity to spot weaknesses and adapt however.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2010, 04:15:58 AM »
Well, got lectures till around 1500 today, and free from then onwards. Presuming I can assemble a deck, I should be free to learn to play tonight. I was never the best, so I thoroughly expect to get thrashed. :3

Gives me the opportunity to spot weaknesses and adapt however.
Ah, hopefully someone else can get games with you Kronic.  I think I'll be out for most of the week doing this small job for some extra food and gas money.  I'll probably only be around late-late nighttime here in GMT-8 time zone, so I don't think I'll actually catch you for games.  =\

Try to get in contact with Press or LivingShadow though.  They can walk you through the game and get you up to speed.
(Sorry Darcius, you're a damn good player, but you're too troll for me to recommend as a teacher, lol)
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Kronic

• dicks about
  • Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2010, 12:56:26 PM »
Ah, hopefully someone else can get games with you Kronic.  I think I'll be out for most of the week doing this small job for some extra food and gas money.  I'll probably only be around late-late nighttime here in GMT-8 time zone, so I don't think I'll actually catch you for games.  =\

No worries Loli, though I'll likely be around till 0200-0400 anyway, I don't sleep much.

Just got free, so I'm going to see what I can do with assembling a deck. :)

Darcius: I warn you I suck, but provided I can get an angle on a deck I like I'd be more than happy to learn. :3

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2010, 05:53:02 PM »
Yea I'm usually free after around 8pm pacific on weekdays, so you can just hit me up if you want.
Happy Birthday to the GROUND

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 12:28:26 AM »
GAMES HAVE BEEN GETTING INTENSE! 

If you had any passing interest and haven't looked into it yet, get in on dis shit. 

I think over the rest of this week I'll probably run 3 Alice, 2 Youmu/2 Yuyu, and 3 Suika to see how well they actually play.  Alice I played that one time with you Press, but otherwise I haven't really had a chance to set it up vs multiple decks.  Also, I think your Sakuya mill is your most dangerous/awesome deck.  So much prevention and denial.  It can get pretty ridiculous.

I ended up beefing up Remi/Suika with +hit stuff too, so I can potentially get around evasion boosters now.  It's just SP management that I have somewhat of a problem with in that deck.  Not sure if I can really get around that or not, with the way I play it, but we'll see.  I may end up scrapping the remi scene (never get to play it with 6sp cost, when I'm aggroing so early) which would in turn require that I probably get rid of critical heart.  Losing that penetration kind of fucks me up against protection decks though, so I'm kind of split. 

Also, I KNEW WHAT HE DID (he's been doing shit like that for a little while now *shrug*).  I didn't know that you both knew though.  Akagi comment flew right over my head.
---

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 08:37:33 AM »
Actually, my Saku deck only SEEMS more dangerous because of it's sheer spell stopping abilities, but my double remi deck is still stronger. It always seems like I scrape wins with my double remi, but that's how it's supposed to be played, out damaging the other guy the entire game.

Also, I KNEW WHAT HE DID (he's been doing shit like that for a little while now *shrug*).  I didn't know that you both knew though.  Akagi comment flew right over my head.

LOL!
I thought you'd catch him, but I guess either you just didn't care or didn't notice.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 03:14:17 PM »

LOL!
I thought you'd catch him, but I guess either you just didn't care or didn't notice.
I realized because of the sudden appearance of 2-3 things that he needed badly (double AV decrease AND rokanken in one draw?  I think not).  I didn't really care because I figured I already had the match won.  Turns out I was right.  :V
---

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 09:23:59 PM »
Do you even draw cards or mill cards from your deck in this game? The gameplay section mentioned nothing about drawing a card during the preparation phase, only playing with whatever you have in your initial hand of 6.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2010, 11:53:43 PM »
Do you even draw cards or mill cards from your deck in this game? The gameplay section mentioned nothing about drawing a card during the preparation phase, only playing with whatever you have in your initial hand of 6.

Yea, you draw a card at the start of every replenish (start of turn basically) and there are plenty of milling in this game. I personally run a mill deck and it works fine.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2010, 04:52:15 AM »
The first player does not draw a card on the first turn, but in every other case, one card is drawn at the beginning of the Replenish phase along with SP gains and any "start of phase/turn" special abilities. 

You getting interested Alfonse?
---

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2010, 07:34:10 AM »
The first player does not draw a card on the first turn, but in every other case, one card is drawn at the beginning of the Replenish phase along with SP gains and any "start of phase/turn" special abilities. 

A little bit, since I'm getting a little bored of Weiss Schwarz at the moment. I'm overwhelmed by the shitloads of cards available for me to choose from, though. Recommend me something based off Marisa.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2010, 04:37:12 PM »
Marisa is very much a fast starting, high aggro type of deck.  You might as well just go 4 Mari, choose around 18 or so spellcards to put in, and just throw in whatever else sounds good.  Once you've got a setup something like that, you should be okay to just start playing and see how you want to change stuff up after that game.
---

Offline Sakota

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2010, 03:47:41 AM »

A little bit, since I'm getting a little bored of Weiss Schwarz at the moment. I'm overwhelmed by the shitloads of cards available for me to choose from, though. Recommend me something based off Marisa.

But WS just got Melty Blood cards...  :V

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2010, 05:45:41 PM »
Gawd this is gonna take forever for me to get into.
And.
No Cirno sets? WTF son?
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2010, 07:18:59 PM »
Of course they didn't add Cirno, she'd break the game.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2010, 09:30:28 AM »
Of course they didn't add Cirno, she'd break the game.

:D
Nah. Any card game could add a character with a high risk/high reward concept.
... does it matter?

Offline ToastCrust

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Do you even have balls?
    • View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2010, 07:08:03 PM »
So I'm cobbling together Nitori 4

EDIT: Okay, I'm done a prototype now. I downloaded all the rules into my head during the day today too.

Who wants to do some games? I frequent the AIM and MSN linked on my profile. I can totally join a Hamachi or IRC or whatever too. Will be pretty free during most of Tuesday--I'm a PST.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:30:34 PM by ToastCrust »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2010, 03:24:09 AM »
Apparently, due to some problems with the Lackey program, it's gone through some crucial updates.  Updating the program is supposedly very simple as downloading the latest update, copying the exe file and replacing the current one with it.  I had a bit of a problem with it, but I'm going to double check myself for mistakes since the other mbread players updated without problem. 

Without the latest update, you will not be able to play online. 

Anyway, with that said I'll be adding you ToastCrust.  No need for any Hamachi or IRC shenanigans yet as the group's still small.  So far we've been able to set up matches pretty easily through just IMs.
---

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2010, 05:22:04 AM »
I had no problems updating. I just had to update my sets because mine were off for some reason. :mystery:

Anyway, I've been trying to improve that 2 Ooku/2 Flandre deck. Apparently, if I can get Second Sun out I'm golden.

Offline ToastCrust

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2010, 09:33:01 AM »
Cool, I'm up to date.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2010, 04:46:07 PM »
I'll study up on the rules and get over Lackey's intimidating interface by Thursday. Deck'll be ready by Friday  :V
... does it matter?

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2010, 04:50:51 PM »
The interface isn't that bad, just click and drag.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2010, 05:05:39 PM »
The interface isn't that bad, just click and drag.

Im sure its pretty simple, it just looks...
... does it matter?

Offline ToastCrust

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2010, 06:02:00 PM »
With some work, I think Nitori could be a half decent control deck....

So, reading the FAQ, Scene cards are counted as being on both sides of the field and one of both players.

Does that mean Disassemble would work on Scene supports?

Are there any other cards good for removing supports, that either has 1 character requirement or none?