When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 23747 times)

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
Re: CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2010, 06:39:15 PM »
Disassemble only works on your cards. Yes, it works on scenes but you have to be the one who played it.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2010, 07:44:36 PM »
A scene card in play (there can only be one in play total at any time) technically count as both players' card, but it is also not on either player's play field.  For example, Patchouli's character ability that prevents any enemy events or specials from targetting her does not prevent an opponent's scene card from targetting her, as it affect both players as if it was their own.  The fact that Disassemble says "one of your supports" rather than something more specific like "one support that meets your character requirements" or "one support on your field" makes it difficult to say which in particular it means. 

Depending on its full meaning, I think there's only three ways in which this could be used:
1. Any spell, leader, or scene support that you have played (meaning it has your character requirements).  This would cover things in play on both your field, your opponent's field, and outside the spiritual border (scenes).
2. Any support that is on your field, whether it was played by you or your opponent.  This would cover any spell or leader supports equipped to your field.
3. Any support that affects your as your own.  This would cover any spell or leader supports equipped to your field and the current scene in play.

I imagine that it is meant to represent the first example, since nitori has a lot of supports and a lot of ways to get supports going.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline ToastCrust

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Do you even have balls?
    • View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2010, 11:30:42 PM »
But aren't there non-character requirement supports you can include in your deck? I imagine part of the vague wording is so you can disassemble those too.

Trying to discern the tiny Japanese text, it goes something like "Jibun no something ni somethingsomething sareteiru SUPPORT1 something", so it's no doubt about 1 support in some sort of state somewhere that belongs to yourself.
Lackey's translation words it as "a support on your side".

But yeah, it made me curious, because in my game with Darcius the Disassembles were basically useless. There was never really a time when I'd actually want to break my own supports, nor did it ever feel like I could spare 4SP + support's SP req. to cycle two cards.

Still, maybe it's just because I'm inexperienced. For sure disassemble would just wreck decks dependent on say, obstructing you by placing supports on your leader/spells, etc, but how common is that?

So I dunno, I've been wracking my head to try and figure out what it is exactly that I should do to have it be useful.
Or are a character's own events generally not actually universally useful for her own designed win conditions?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2010, 12:33:41 AM »
Okay, if it's "A support on your side" then that means any support on your field of play.  Offhand I know of two characters that highly revolve around obstructing through negative spell supports (Komachi and Reisen), and a number of others that have a negative spell/leader support in their set.  There's probably more than just those, as well.  This card could eat those neg supports to draw.  It could also be used in tandem with Repair to discard your support to draw and then replay it.  Utilizing things like this, Nitori can cycle through her own deck very quickly (allowing you to get cards that you need faster).  These sorts of decks do that have a weakness to Sakuya's milling though, so be wary of Press's Sakuya deck.  lol

Oh, and btw I found out the weird deal with updating Lackey and losing your appearance, preferences, and active plugin.  Just follow these three simple steps, before or after swapping out the updated "LackeyCCG.exe" file:
1. Delete everything inside the "secure" folder in Lackey's directory.
2. Copy your "playerprofile.txt" from the root Lackey folder into the "secure" folder.
3. Download the attached "Preferences.txt" file and move it inside your "secure" folder.

Now, all of the previous settings should load up as they were.  For some reason the new Lackey updates only read the profile and preferences from the secure folder, rather than the root directory (as it did before).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:41:44 AM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2010, 06:11:09 PM »
+Heat for turning me on to the game, Loli. Been playing it today with a friend, and while some things are confusing it's a ton of fun :P
[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2010, 06:23:17 PM »
lol I was going over the characters today, im trying to go for a troll/anti deck (even tho I shouldnt be cause I have no clue how the meta works here, if there even is one). It seems they did a good job of keeping the game balanced.

Im going through the characters, looking for someone with a high EV score.

*scrolls down*
Keine Kamishirasawa (EX)
Evasion Value: 4

Me: Oooo :)

*scrolls down more*
Special 1: At the beginning of the game, this character cannot be the Leader.

Me: ....fuck...

EDIT: OOOOOOH I get it now, I can use the normal Keine as a starter....SWEEET. LOL
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 06:27:49 PM by dakidukno »
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline ToastCrust

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2010, 07:07:20 PM »
Yeah. You set Keine in, wait for the condition to be fulfilled, then go Ex-Keine. Beat face, etc.

Offline Kronic

• dicks about
  • Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2010, 07:17:36 PM »
I officially suck due to procrastination. Don't suppose any of you kind people would be willing to throw me an add on MSN with the address in me profile and slap me around (i.e. remind me to play and show me the ropes) in...16 hours or so?

Would be much appreciated. If not, I'll do my damnedest to remember or get bleedin' started by the end of the day, but I know how bad my attention span is. >.>

Yours forgetfully, &c.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2010, 07:19:29 PM »
Yeah. You set Keine in, wait for the condition to be fulfilled, then go Ex-Keine. Beat face, etc.

Hell yea. Im actually having a hard time choosing my build.
Keine is nasty, Suika is a troll, Alice is a power whore (slowed by the doll requirement)...
 :prinny:
And then theres the Prismrivers, which Im really interested in even though I cant see them being all too effective.

I officially suck due to procrastination. Don't suppose any of you kind people would be willing to throw me an add on MSN with the address in me profile and slap me around (i.e. remind me to play and show me the ropes) in...16 hours or so?

Would be much appreciated. If not, I'll do my damnedest to remember or get bleedin' started by the end of the day, but I know how bad my attention span is. >.>

Yours forgetfully, &c.

Sure man, I have to learn too so we'll have plenty of time to own each other.
Once I get teh hang of it, ill find u.
... does it matter?

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2010, 07:28:11 PM »
Kaguya is troll by definition. SP control is a huge pain early game. As it is she isn't doing bad teamed with Yuyuko, but she lacks lethal intent (aka, loses steam late game). Maybe I should switch to Kaguya/Marisa for maximum trolling.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2010, 07:36:13 PM »
Kaguya is troll by definition. SP control is a huge pain early game. As it is she isn't doing bad teamed with Yuyuko, but she lacks lethal intent (aka, loses steam late game). Maybe I should switch to Kaguya/Marisa for maximum trolling.

Kaguya huh?
Maybe I'll go with her. Suika/Kaguya...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 07:43:34 PM by dakidukno »
... does it matter?

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2010, 07:38:20 PM »
I'm usually free to play, just not lately as I've been a little busier studying. Regardless hit me up, I may be able to play
MSN: da_choco_master@hotmail.com
Happy Birthday to the GROUND

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2010, 08:09:19 PM »
I don't know anything about Suika because I'm too lazy to look at her cards.

On an unrelated note, I'm trying to finish up that Magic set that Lolisauce started. I have Mana costs on all the cards with effects, I fixed the wording for a few of them, and ORT is now a 20/20 Trample, First Strike, Indestructable for 15 mana. Now all I really need to do is find pictures for about 3/4 of the cards.

Offline ToastCrust

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2010, 10:11:13 PM »

Yours forgetfully, &c.

I should be free at 12pm PST tomorrow. Right up to 4pm, even. I could probably try to walk you through a bit, though I dunno how good of a player I am, really.

Offline .ShotS

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2010, 12:29:33 AM »
Boredom has finally set in(and I didn't see this thread lol). I'll play if someone is willing to put up with someone that doesn't know how to play it yet.

ORT is now a 20/20 Trample, First Strike, Indestructable for 15 mana.
Cause FUCK Emrakul.
Although this is actually slightly more balanced then Emrakul.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2010, 03:12:23 AM »
The first player does not draw a card on the first turn, but in every other case, one card is drawn at the beginning of the Replenish phase along with SP gains and any "start of phase/turn" special abilities. 

You getting interested Alfonse?

A little bit, since I'm getting a little bored of Weiss Schwarz at the moment. I'm overwhelmed by the shitloads of cards available for me to choose from, though. Recommend me something based off Marisa.

But WS just got Melty Blood cards...  :V

Nah, my main series are Idolm@ster and Angel Beats!.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2010, 03:45:09 AM »
Dintrao, Alfonse, and Dakidukno: Add me on dem IM services cuz yours aren't listed.  Or if you're lazy PM me your info and I'll add you guys.

On an unrelated note, I'm trying to finish up that Magic set that Lolisauce started. I have Mana costs on all the cards with effects, I fixed the wording for a few of them, and ORT is now a 20/20 Trample, First Strike, Indestructable for 15 mana. Now all I really need to do is find pictures for about 3/4 of the cards.
Delicious overpowered ORT.  I don't even remember how I had a lot of the shit set up in there.  Did you end up scrapping that shitty and hastily made Combo keyword?  Actually, I don't even remember if I did incorporate it properly or if I just kept getting hung up on how I wanted to make it in the first place.  I just remember a lot of the cool characters were pretty silly, like wLen, Altrouge, Satsujinki, Brunstud, Roa, etc.  You should send it back when you get everything but the pictures set up.  Also you should probably axe some of the dumb spells/instants that are totally unnecessary and put in more cool and appropriate stuff.  I ended up getting mad lazy and uninspired near the end of its creation.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 03:47:33 AM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2010, 05:52:38 AM »
Huh, guess I forgot to put it in my profile. Updating that and sent you an invite  :V
[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2010, 07:28:02 AM »
Delicious overpowered ORT.  I don't even remember how I had a lot of the shit set up in there.  Did you end up scrapping that shitty and hastily made Combo keyword?  Actually, I don't even remember if I did incorporate it properly or if I just kept getting hung up on how I wanted to make it in the first place.  I just remember a lot of the cool characters were pretty silly, like wLen, Altrouge, Satsujinki, Brunstud, Roa, etc.  You should send it back when you get everything but the pictures set up.  Also you should probably axe some of the dumb spells/instants that are totally unnecessary and put in more cool and appropriate stuff.  I ended up getting mad lazy and uninspired near the end of its creation.

Combo was never used IIRC and I left most of the pointless cards in (reanimate is going to stay in the finished set). I changed Wara a bit to make Tatari a mono-black deck and I'm also debating making certain cards legendary.

I have to ask, what in the world were you thinking giving all the land-walks to the Chaos deck. That's the first thing I fixed.

Once I finish with this I'm going to use them to challenge a friend of mine. He found some F/SN cards and is planning on building something.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 07:39:09 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline ToastCrust

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2010, 10:44:05 AM »
Adding all the new people.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2010, 02:16:16 PM »
Boredom has finally set in(and I didn't see this thread lol). I'll play if someone is willing to put up with someone that doesn't know how to play it yet.

Thats just about...everybody here...

Does everybody here use MSN? Damn >.>
I have so many IM clients...Xfire, Skype, IRC....
... does it matter?

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2010, 02:34:10 PM »

Thats just about...everybody here...

Does everybody here use MSN? Damn >.>
I have so many IM clients...Xfire, Skype, IRC....

Never tried Skype and the IRC always crashes on me, thats why I'm never on it. Though yea, MSN is the most convenient for me personally (not that anyone would want to add me or anything lol)

Oh, and I used Xfire for a long time until people started spamming me, no more.
[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2010, 03:21:25 PM »
I only have AIM.

Offline Alchemist of Atlas

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2010, 04:50:33 PM »
Pretty much, the only card game that has caught my attention has been Yu-Gi-Oh TCG.

When going to the center, I always carry my Alien Deck (no love for Aliens. D: ).

And when playing with foreign people, well, I just use YVD. I'm kinda an active member of the YGO community.
Let the chorus of many souls take you to heaven... and then... with the Legion in hell.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2010, 06:02:21 AM »
LackeyCCG has another update again (11/24), grab it while its hot.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.