When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 23752 times)

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
Re: CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2010, 06:16:23 AM »
Here's the current (incomplete) set:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6sp9422vi625id6

Any art suggestions are welcome.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 06:17:57 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2010, 05:16:49 PM »
I have a Suika/Prismriver support that allows me to activate a spell for free at the end of my prep phase. Do Scene supports affect both players, or only the player playing it? If so, can my opponent use the effect to activate a spell for free? And when I use that effect with Suika as leader, do I have to pay the extra cost?
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2010, 06:56:13 PM »
I have a Suika/Prismriver support that allows me to activate a spell for free at the end of my prep phase. Do Scene supports affect both players, or only the player playing it? If so, can my opponent use the effect to activate a spell for free? And when I use that effect with Suika as leader, do I have to pay the extra cost?
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Scene cards are in the border between each player's field, and as such, they treat both players as the owner.  You will get to activate two cards during your Prep, then they will get to activate two cards during their Prep.  I bet that it says [Preparation/attack] though, which means you can ONLY activate the extra spell during your Prep phase.  Since you are activating a spell with Suika, regardless of the original activation cost, you will always have to pay the extra cost of 2 deck cards.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2010, 04:20:42 PM »
Speaking of card games, I just bought this:

CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO ARRIVE X_X

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2010, 05:50:32 PM »
Speaking of card games, I just bought this:

CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO ARRIVE X_X

D:
I am jellyous. I wish they had the "Screw the rules, I have money." hoodie, id go for that in a heartbeat.
But then Id be lying everytime I put it on.
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2010, 08:07:15 PM »
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2010, 02:59:03 AM »
NIHONGO SHABERU DESU KA HAI?

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2010, 03:15:10 PM »
I just reminded myself of Weiß Survive. 2.5 min episodes FTW.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2010, 03:43:12 PM »
I just reminded myself of Weiß Survive. 5 min episodes FTW.
I heard someone say Hetalia Axis Power.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2010, 06:20:14 AM »
Aya Godspeed build failed badly against a full-strength Yukari, Chen and Ran build. One of her 3 SP 3 HV spell can be buffed to 6 AV, 3 IV and 7 HV just by having Chen (+1), Ran (+1), and a Shikigami support (+2). My burnt my hand trying to keep up with the burn and I'm pretty much dead when my hand's empty. My best spells are concentrate, and having Unfocused Movement on that spell is not fun.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2010, 09:10:23 AM »
Who mills? By this I mean, what leaders allow u to mill?
... does it matter?

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2010, 09:13:12 AM »
Sakuya mostly.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2010, 10:17:00 AM »
Who mills? By this I mean, what leaders allow u to mill?

Suika. You mill your deck every time you want to activate a spell. The number of cards you mill is determined by the level requirement of the spell you wish to activate.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2010, 04:15:35 PM »
Sakuya is the only character that allows you to mill the other player to death.  Characters like Suika and Rin allow you to mill yourself for various positive effects.

Al, try fooling around with other decks then.  Aya is pretty good, in that you can hit the enemy and they can't hit you.  This allows you to deal damage, get bonus damage for not being hit, and then they have to reactivate their beefy spell again later (giving you an SP lead since your spell stays out).  However, she has to be able to outlast the opponent (her damage isn't very high), and against some decks it'd be difficult to do that.  Kind of a trade off. 

You could try instead playing Flan or Remi, who have much higher damage output and both still have a number of ways to easily evade spells.  Flan especially would RAPE a yakumo clan deck, as one of her cards allows you to simultaneously burn the opponent for a lot and force them to sac a support on their field.  It's very advantageous against anyone who relies on supports heavily (Alice, Prismrivers, Yakumo clan, etc).
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline MagnusXL

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • j.C Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2010, 05:56:40 PM »
I'm able to sign in for the first time in months and the first thing I see is Loli heralding a Touhou cardgame I've never heard of.

...sign me up.

I was big in MTG for the longest time (and still kind of am), but it'd be nice to play a different TCG for a change of pace.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 06:02:20 PM by MagnusXL »
Honorary BC Player.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2010, 06:25:47 PM »
I'm able to sign in for the first time in months and the first thing I see is Loli heralding a Touhou cardgame I've never heard of.

...sign me up.

I was big in MTG for the longest time (and still kind of am), but it'd be nice to play a different TCG for a change of pace.

Welcome to the club.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2010, 11:04:47 PM »
I'm still rather into MTG myself. I currently have 2-3 standard decks built. (Suicide black, some weird mono-blue proliferate deck, and white/blue stall/troll)

Offline .ShotS

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • :|
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2010, 11:50:52 PM »
I'm still rather into MTG myself. I currently have 2-3 standard decks built. (Suicide black, some weird mono-blue proliferate deck, and white/blue stall/troll)
I used to play standard but now it's either you have 4 jts or 4 green titans or you can't play competitively. Then once they rotate they are worth nothing. That's why I play legacy and edh now. :toot:

Also props for running suicide black. My legacy deck is a pseudo suicide black deck.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2010, 05:52:39 AM »
I used to play standard but now it's either you have 4 jts or 4 green titans or you can't play competitively. Then once they rotate they are worth nothing. That's why I play legacy and edh now. :toot:

Also props for running suicide black. My legacy deck is a pseudo suicide black deck.

Believe it or not, you don't have to run the expensive cards to stand a chance. The proliferate deck was relatively cheap (about 75% commons) and so far it's been doing rather reliably against everything except white/blue/black control (which it's just decent against, Jace is a pain). Don't be intimidated by them, they may be strong but they can be taken out.

The Suicide black deck is rather fun. Cheap creatures + sac engines + Demon of Death's Gate (which I have pulled out turn 2) Although, my favorite card in the deck is Flesh Allergy, if only black had a way to copy spells. It's also around 50% kill-spells (some of the creatures double as kill-spells).

Offline ToastCrust

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Do you even have balls?
    • View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2010, 11:10:55 AM »
lol Jace

I hear he's worth his weight in gold.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2011, 05:40:39 AM »
Posting here to publicly remind myself of the Eng translation site for San Guo Sha (三国杀).

Al, I dunno if I'll actually start playing because the online client is completely in Chinese (which means I'll have to have myself and all my friends constantly with the reference blog up) but my interest is still piqued.  Maybe I can print off translated versions of the cards for a local event.  The potential for getting 10 people together for this is really getting me pumped, you know?  So much delicious mindgames!

Any of you other guys heard of this game?
---

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2011, 06:00:35 AM »
I'm doubtful this game is even remotely known outside of Asia. It shares a slightly stained reputation for having a similar concept with Bang! (another similar card game), but since the setting is in the Three Kingdoms era, it gives way more room for imagination and new ideas as opposed to Bang!'s wild west setting.

The web version (http://web.sanguosha.com/) is fun no doubt, but the real fun is when you're playing it in real life. Online doesn't even come close. Reading moves, acting, mind games, deception, betrayal and alliances, it can only be experienced when playing it with real people.

EDIT: Like RSO, this game has a real, physical version other than it's online version, if you haven't already noticed. I own one myself, and I can tell you, this is the first time any card game has got me so piqued and hyped.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:05:50 AM by Alfonse »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2011, 03:16:08 PM »
Yeah, it seems like the game is only worth playing when you own a hard copy, which presents me with some difficulties.
---

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2011, 03:10:58 AM »
Yeah, it seems like the game is only worth playing when you own a hard copy, which presents me with some difficulties.

http://sanguoshablogshop.blogspot.com/

Said guy owns a blogshop, so you can buy it off him if you wish.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2011, 05:11:07 PM »
San Guo Sha looks interesting, but itll be difficult to get into as long as its not in my native tongue.
... does it matter?