When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Komidol going to Japan!? Plane tickets cost money?!  (Read 5731 times)

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
Komidol going to Japan!? Plane tickets cost money?!
« on: August 13, 2012, 12:12:32 AM »
I did it!   :toot:  I managed to land one of those native English teaching jobs in Japan, similar to some of our best community members in the past.  I'm sure you all remember how incredibly active I was in the melty-blood community when I studied abroad there last year, and I plan on doing the same again (perhaps with some Under Night In-Birth and Aquapazza mixed in as well)!  I'll save the long-goodbyes for either in person or another post, but right now I'm scheduled to be leaving the country on or around November 7th!

Unfortunately that only leaves me a few weeks to come up with my first month living expenses and plane ticket, so I'm selling everything I'm not taking with me.  I figured people on or around this community would be interested.  Remember by buying something, you're also doing me a big favor!  You can respond in this thread, personal message me bargaining offers, contact me on skype, or tweet me @Komidol to buy this stuff. 

Here's what's up for grabs:

5.1 Speakers Surround Sound Computer Speakers - 40$

Star Ocean (PS1), Final Fantasy Chronicles (FFVI & Chrono Trigger, PS1), Quake III & Team Arena(PC), Xenogears (PS1), Legend of Mana(PS1), and a sealed copy of Legend of Dragoon(PS1)

Xenosaga I (PS2) - 10$, Xenosaga II (PS2) - 10$, Xenosaga III (PS2) - 10$, Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - 20$, Final Fantasy VIII (PS1) - 10$, Chrono Cross (PS1) - 10$, Final Fantasy Origins (FF1, FF2, PS1)- 15$, and Final Fantasy Anthology (PS1) - 10$. 

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger Limited Edition OST (CD) - 10$, Black & White 2 (PC) - 5$, Ace Combat 0: The Belkan War - 10$, Zone of the Enders 1 (PS2) - 10$, Zone of the Enders 2 (PS2) - 20$

*Not Pictured - Also have a Nintendo DS (40$) and copy of Phoenix Wright: Justice for All(10$), that I can part with.   

Misc. Newtype and Megami magazines (willing to sell them as a bundle for 25$, they have about half of the original posters inside them).  These are in Japanese.   

Chibi Vampire volumes 1-9 and the first light novel by TokyoPop in English. 2$/pc, or 20$ for the whole set.

Negima! 1-19 translated into English.  2$/pc, or 35$ for the whole set.

Some anime clothing.  Excel Saga hat (10$) and Lelouch's cape from Code Geass (40$), as well as a nekomimi hat (15$). 

Three copies of Comp Ace, volumes 7-8-9 from last year(4$/pc or 10$ for all 3).  Comp ace includes furigana over all kanji so it's great for entry level readers of Japanese.  Also pictured is the English-translated Haruhi novel "The Rampage of Haruhi Suzumiya." in hard cover (20$). 

Drakengard(PS2) - 5$, Ace Combat 5(PS2) - 12$, Kingdom Hearts(PS2) - 10$, and Twisted Metal Black(PS2) - 10$.

Armored Core 2 (PS2) - 12$, Outlaw Star (Full Series DVD, Japanese and English) - 20$, Final Fantasy X, X-2 (PS2) -20$ for both , DBZ Budokai (PS2) - 8$.

Fooly Cooly volumes 1-3 w/Director Commentary
(DVD Full Series; Japanese and English) - 30$, Witch Hunter Robin Full Series (DVD Full Series; Japanese and English) - 20$, Neon Genesis Evangelion Full Series (DVD Full Series; Japanese and English) - 25$, Escaflowne (DVD Full Series; Japanese and English) - 15$, .hack//sign (DVD Full Series; Japanese and English) - 12$, Dears Volume 1 (DVD) - 4$, Full Metal Panic (DVD Full Series; Japanese and English) - 15$

And a whole bunch of manga - Kaiji vol.1 (Japanese) - 4$, Lucky Star vol. 5 (English) - 4$, Hellsing vol.1 (English) - 4$, Devil May Cry vol.1 (English) - 4$, Tsubasa Chronicle vol. 1-3 (English) - 4$.   

Yotsuba& vol. 1-4 (English) - 15$, Sgt. Frog vol. 1-2 (English) - 8$, Shakugan no Shana vol. 1-2 (English) - 6$, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni vol. 1 (English) - 10$. 

As some of you who have been to my place may imagine, I have many more anime items that I'm less willing to part with.  Everything from Eroge to Figures to Manga to CDs.  If you know of anything I own you might want to buy, you can PM me privately about that.  As time goes on I will be re-posting the auction items to more communities, and eventually, Ebay & Craigslist.  I wanted to give you guys the first shot.  The price tags are very, very arbitrary.

At one point on the boards I also made an offer to do amateur translations for cheap.  That offer is still available, just PM me for a quote.  I am also offering elementary Japanese lessons for people who want to start learning Japanese, as well as creating study guides and syllabi so they can engage in self learning.  You can read more about that offer here

I'm even swallowing my pride and accepting donations.  I promise to do my best with Melty Blood in Japan and keeps you guys informed with as much about the game as possible, as I did in the past.  I will also be working on a complete video series about F-Kohaku, including everything from combos to spacing tools, once I get to my new home and get my computer setup.  If you're kind enough to help out, you can paypal me at KireiKotomine@gmail.com at your own will, just send it as a gift.  I want everyone who is interesting in helping out to know I am working two jobs right now to make this happen, so I wouldn't ask if I didn't absolutely need it. 

And if anyone wants to take a vacation to Japan...you're good to stay with me.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:15:31 PM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
Re: Komidol going to Japan!? Plane tickets cost money?!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 08:36:28 PM »
Updated this post with new information for why I'm selling things and with a lot more to sell than just Carnival Phantasm vol. 1 & 3 Blu-Rays now that everything is confirmed (though those are still available if you want them) .  よろしくお願いします。

I'll do my best to update with more stuff as the deadline goes closer.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:50:15 PM by Komidol »
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline HQ-Zero

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • ExHERRRROOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »
I'm totally Willing to Grab that , FF7,8,9 and Chrono Cross from you, But It might take me a week or so to confirm my shit with my phone. Is that alright?

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 09:03:53 PM »
Yup that's fine, PM me and we'll work out the details.  I'm not going to confirm any orders until tomorrow at the earliest, since I'm a bit over-tired, but there should be no problems.  Thank you so much for your help!

Everyone vaguely interested in an item should PM me with their shipping address tonight so I can get an idea on the cost of S&H from my location.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:20:35 PM by Komidol »

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 05:28:29 AM »
Where the hell are the daikamuras!?
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Shion

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 05:53:18 AM »
I dunno how much shipping to Europe would be, but I'd be interested in Negima 4-19 and Hellsing vol 1. So get me a estimate on that and we might do business :)

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 02:41:58 PM »
Are you still selling stuff? I'd definitely take Outlaw Star and Escaflowne.
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 11:10:03 PM »
I'm still interested if you still have those DVDs!
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so