Author Topic: CT DS  (Read 12592 times)

Offline Jealousy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: CT DS
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 11:29:01 AM »
Too Human (360).
Mo' like Too Humorous. It looks horrible.
'm totally hot and fiscal for you. Lick my hard cash.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 01:00:07 AM »
Too Human (360).
Mo' like Too Humorous. It looks horrible.
Really?  Maybe I'm behind on the latest news on it, because other than the delays, what I've seen looks rather promising.

Why does it look horrible?

I hope you aren't implying that any next-gen game is crap.  I mean, yeah, there is a lot of shitty games out there.  There were even more shitty games for the old systems though, if you think back.  Judging the next gen of games as the generation is just getting started is hardly anything to go by.  Just looking at next gen RPGs, there are 3 new IPs that I know of that look extremely promising - Valkyria (ps3), Operation: Darkness (360), and Too Human (360).
I didn't say that. I'm saying just because something is original doesn't make it better, your "fresh is best" argument doesn't hold water. I'd still prefer The Great Gatsby and Rainbow Six over Halo The Novel.

ANYTHING new is better than just the same old rehashed bs that I've already played to death, imo.  Ports and remakes and sequels without any progression are the kinds of things that stagnate the game industry.
I'm not arguing against that, i agree. But give credit where credit is due; Chrono Trigger is THE GAME everyone wanted ported to DS, since the beginning. If it wasn't for Chrono Trigger, your beloved jRPG Xenogears would NEVER have been made.
I agree that classics can be amazing.  I'm just the type of guy that would rather go back and actually play the original than see it get ported to a new system just to reap in extra profits for barely any work.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Kelong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 07:21:59 AM »
Parasite Eve, seriously??? Even back then i thought the game was a gimmick. Music was nice tho.

A lot of you guys sound like PS1 owners, any Saturn owners? Panzer Dragoon Saga?

Panzer Dragoon Saga is one of my favourites, too bad it's too short for a RPG.

I also like PE too ^^. Too bad there's no PE 3....

My vote for best JRPG will go to ... Final Fantasy Tactics (does it count?)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 07:27:17 AM by Kelong »

Offline Jealousy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 07:37:26 AM »
Really?  Maybe I'm behind on the latest news on it, because other than the delays, what I've seen looks rather promising.
Well, so far the game seems to be like Assassin's Creed -- people either love it or hate it. I'm not a fan of it because a) it has hysterically bad animation, b) four player online co-op was taken out, and c) it's a loot grindan game like Diablo without all the stuff that made Diablo awesomesauce.

Eh, who knows. Maybe it'll be great, but for a game that's been worked on for ten years, it's really disappointing. Also, Denis Dyack is a colossal douchewaffle.

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 09:22:09 AM »
Well, so far the game seems to be like Assassin's Creed -- people either love it or hate it. I'm not a fan of it because a) it has hysterically bad animation, b) four player online co-op was taken out, and c) it's a loot grindan game like Diablo without all the stuff that made Diablo awesomesauce.

Eh, who knows. Maybe it'll be great, but for a game that's been worked on for ten years, it's really disappointing. Also, Denis Dyack is a colossal douchewaffle.

Assassin's Creed was a such a funny game I loved it.  And wtf are you talking about Portal is the best next gen game come on.  I am looking to Gears of War 2, Chainsaw fights LMAO, Im tottally going to get an animated gif of that.  I like modern games on average better because we can give them more gimmicks and I like gimmicks, but I hate games when its obvious they spent 95% of their budget on graphics to get awards when 3 years down the line those graphics will not be that good, like example A Crysis it was an okay-->good game I wished they would of spent more time improving the game play rather than death graphics of doom.

I will definatly buy or borrow this game though Chrono Trigger was pretty fun.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2008, 04:41:35 PM »

Hmm, I see.  I'll look some more into it and see if I still like the way it's turning out, as it seems I am a bit behind.  Co-op being taken out is rather disheartening, but they've been talking about it being a Diablo-esque game for a long time.  I was mainly pumped about it because it seemed like Dungeon Crawler RPG meets Action/Adventure, which isn't overly common to see, and the story was based on Norse Mythology.  That seems like a pretty win combination, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2008, 12:04:06 AM »
as long as they leak a jade raymond sex tape, assassin's creed can do without co-op.

^^^That phrase right there will net this thread a couple thousand extra hits from google. lol.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2008, 11:30:25 AM »
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2008, 09:31:24 PM »
wtf did they use the dragonball animation team seriously.

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2008, 10:00:52 PM »
Seriously this stops me from liking this game as much as i could

By the way, Are Melty Blood and Melty Bread different games?

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 09:12:43 AM »
...Are you simply stupid like that, or you seriously didn't know that Chrono Trigger's art was done by Akira Toriyama, the same guy behind DragonBall?

I'm inclining towards the first option.
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline Jealousy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 12:17:58 PM »
I'm not a fan of Toriyama's character design either, but it's thirteen years too late to begin complaining about it. Besides, it's not like that's what the actual game looks like. D:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 12:40:58 PM by Flippancy »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2008, 12:36:47 PM »
I can't believe people are only noticing the resemblance in character design now. *shrug*

Anyway I'll be looking forward to this release. I just recently played the PS1 version of CT and the load times are horrendous. It takes nearly 5 seconds just to enter the menu, and you have to wait roughly the same time, maybe longer, after finishing a battle.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 01:18:29 PM »
I can't believe people are only noticing the resemblance in character design now. *shrug*

Anyway I'll be looking forward to this release. I just recently played the PS1 version of CT and the load times are horrendous. It takes nearly 5 seconds just to enter the menu, and you have to wait roughly the same time, maybe longer, after finishing a battle.

Well this is going to be on a cartridge not Cd and cartridges have better loading time, so we shouldn't be having that problem.

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2008, 03:48:28 PM »
no lame-ass FMVs, i hope we're out of 1999. when everyone was infatuated with it, they put it in NBA Jam that EGM had to write about it.

maybe they can add voices to the battles.