hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: day -3 mvc3  (Read 29456 times)

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
Re: day -3 mvc3
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2011, 10:37:19 PM »
it's still more fun than sf4 ever was

As if this wasn't true for any other game ever
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2011, 12:27:17 AM »
Metagame is what you'd expect to see in a game before it starts based on what's popular or what's good.  You can apply this to characters or strategies, such as saying the metagame is magneto/storm heavy, or the metagame is rushdown heavy.  The metagame in most fighting games doesn't matter nearly as much as it does in other games, like magic the gathering.  In mtg if the metagame is control decks with some burn decks you don't play a deck that loses to control decks.  In fighting games even if your character is weak to rushdown you can still come through in a rushdown heavy metagame.  In cvs2 the metagame would be A-ara, but you still see some people playing K-groove.  Being able to change characters mid-tournament also contributes to make studying the metagame a waste of time.

Basically the metagame is what people commonly choose before the game starts.

Offline c001357

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2011, 04:37:05 AM »
heres a hint: you have 3 characters. ganbatte kudasai, ne!!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:39:10 AM by c001357 »

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2011, 03:52:30 PM »
This game is retarded in both good and bad ways.

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2011, 06:29:12 PM »
I think I'll wait until I hear of balance patches b4 I buy.
Im not that hype for it anyways.
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2011, 12:00:29 AM »
I take back almost everything good that I said about this game.  Deadpool quotes(which you can find on youtube) and morrigan's chest(which you can find on any hentai image website) are the only good things in this game.

Still worth playing to make chibi complain though.

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2011, 02:57:39 AM »
but it has taskmaster

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2011, 05:12:53 AM »
I take back almost everything good that I said about this game.  Deadpool quotes(which you can find on youtube) and morrigan's chest(which you can find on any hentai image website) are the only good things in this game.

Whoa, what sparked such a drastic change in opinion?
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2011, 06:39:43 AM »

Whoa, what sparked such a drastic change in opinion?

Insane chip damage? X-Factor cheese? Easy 50-100% bnbs? Sentinel?  ;D
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline Pete278

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • 翡翠ちゃんを愛しているよ~
    • View Profile
    • Bullet Punch
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2011, 07:32:41 AM »
Its funny because the first point is countered by the second, no chip during X-Factor and you can activate it during blockstun :P. ST has much easier damage (throws yo) and it seems to have longevity, maybe. And every game has a character no one likes but everyone uses. :P

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2011, 03:02:52 PM »
I'm just having fun coming up with keep away bullshit.

:teach:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2011, 04:43:58 PM »
Its funny because the first point is countered by the second, no chip during X-Factor and you can activate it during blockstun :P.

X-Factor is far too valuable to waste on trying to avoid taking the least damage that's possible in the game (when regular ones do 50-70%), unless it's going to chip you to death.

ST has much easier damage (throws yo) and it seems to have longevity, maybe. And every game has a character no one likes but everyone uses. :P

Throws are not easy because projectile characters zone out grapple characters too well. It's quite possible to see the most seasoned Zangief or T.Hawk get destroyed in a match and never get within SPD range. Supers are a better example for more easy, big damage, but it's more balanced since most characters can only get a bar a match, and not everyone can easily land their super.

The thing with MvC3 so far it seems that everyone seems to be able to do insane damage and there's no execution barrier to balance it out. Sure you can do similar crazy stuff in MvC2 or MvC1, but nothing a scrub could mash and actually do retarded damage.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
Oh look, one of the srk scrubs that thinks needing to sit in training mode for a day to get damage means a game is balanced.

Oh wait, any scrub can pick storm sent and do launcher magic la lightning drones launch magic in mvc2.  How long does learning ahvbx# take?

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2011, 07:07:33 PM »
Oh wait, any scrub can pick storm sent and do launcher magic la lightning drones launch magic in mvc2.  How long does learning ahvbx# take?

A lot less time than a simple bnb in this game. I'd gladly play that kind of scrub in that game, over someone mashing with X-Factor.  ;) ;D

Yeah, I know too early to talk about this kind of stuff, but it gets me thinking that if any character can do crazy damage already, it means that the dmg can only get possibly higher with time.

I'm not saying that this makes the game bad or anything, but it seems a bit too much for me, and I could see other people thinking the same way.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »
Less MvC3, more MELTY!!!!!!!
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2011, 02:20:43 AM »
Wait...you start by saying requiring training mode for damage is good, then say you'd rather play the game with reliable easy high damage.

You shouldn't be losing to mash x-factor.  You should be losing to good x-factor bs though.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2011, 07:26:11 AM »
Level 3 X-Factor is absolutely way too good.

:emo:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2011, 07:48:36 AM »
Wait...you start by saying requiring training mode for damage is good, then say you'd rather play the game with reliable easy high damage.

I never mentioned anything about training mode. The main theme with my post was that I'd rather play a game where high damage is not generally easy to do all the time. If it is, hopefully there's some kind of barrier like execution or balanced meter requirements for it not to occur all the time.

You shouldn't be losing to mash x-factor.  You should be losing to good x-factor bs though.

This is true but X-Factor at the moment seems like bs. So I have to have perfect defense for 20 seconds or however long it is when highly mobile characters Phoenix or Sentinel have multiple ways to hit me into a touch of death combo? And I probably don't want to use my assist if I don't want them to die either. Kinda lame. :emo:

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2011, 08:37:21 AM »
So I played this game for the first time last night, and before I even say anything, It's actually pretty fun.

...But I don't know about it being a good game yet. It looks like it's turning out to be pretty bad, but I must say the game is at least fun, minus the retardedly dumb aspects of it. As time progresses, these might be easier to solve and etc, but I haven't played the game enough to come to an educated decision as to whether or not it's good or bad yet.

I'll probably end up playing it just because it'll be the game that everyone else plays that isn't a pain to pick up/learn, but I don't know about actually getting the game yet |:

Not like my scrub opinion matters anyways, though...  :blah: :blah:

Offline Dusk Thanatos

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2011, 08:41:32 AM »
If it is, hopefully there's some kind of barrier like execution or balanced meter requirements for it not to occur all the time.

Execution is /not/ a balancing factor. Stop pretending it is.

People learn to do whatever the hell "hard" shit they want, so long as it helps them win. Execution barrier makes it harder to get to advanced play, but doesn't change the game's balance in the slightest. If it can be done and it helps you win, the players who want to win will learn it and learn to do it consistently.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2011, 08:44:32 AM »
If it is, hopefully there's some kind of barrier like execution or balanced meter requirements for it not to occur all the time.

People learn to do whatever the hell "hard" shit they want, so long as it helps them win. Execution barrier makes it harder to get to advanced play, but doesn't change the game's balance in the slightest. If it can be done and it helps you win, the players who want to win will learn it and learn to do it consistently.

A little too frank there dusk, but yeah; the only thing Execution is a balacing factor of is seperating the pros from the scrubs easier, and not the game itself. But even then, if a scrub can get close to beating a pro because of the few execution barriers that exist, the game will be pretty dumb... games need a good mixture of both afterall, in the end.

Offline Dusk Thanatos

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2011, 08:46:10 AM »
Oi, my bad.

I'll tone it down~

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2011, 09:10:30 AM »

A little too frank there dusk, but yeah; the only thing Execution is a balacing factor of is seperating the pros from the scrubs easier, and not the game itself. But even then, if a scrub can get close to beating a pro because of the few execution barriers that exist, the game will be pretty dumb... games need a good mixture of both afterall, in the end.

Why don't people understand this with SFIV?!
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2011, 09:12:29 AM »
Because with SF4 the execution barrier is at a stupid high level, where if you can't do 2f links with a 90% ratio you're fucking free and no better than a scrub

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2011, 02:50:54 PM »
Because with SF4 the execution barrier is at a stupid high level, where if you can't do 2f links with a 90% ratio you're fucking free and no better than a scrub

fchamp doesn't do 2f links, roku, and he wins against high level. SSF4 must be broken :slowpoke: