hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Do any of you not like Anime?  (Read 12895 times)

Offline pherai

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
    • pherai.net
Do any of you not like Anime?
« on: August 19, 2007, 03:23:22 PM »
Not that I have a problem with otaku's, I just wonder how many melty players are not really into Anime, and if you aren't, how did you get into Melty Blood?
I heard anime expo isn't going to be that good this year...

Offline juniorSantos

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Do any of you not like Anime?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 04:01:58 PM »
i really really love a few series. but then i generally dont like anything else out there ...if that makes sense
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 04:06:13 PM by juniorSantos »

Offline jkdChaos

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 04:26:05 PM »
i have problems with otakus that smell

I like anime!

muahahah only some at the moment

too many crappy animes out nowadayssss

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 04:32:16 PM »
I treat anime as a medium, not a genre, and think that should be the end of it.  Some people like oil pantings, others like charcoal drawings.  Some like punk rock, others like... rap... but we won't get into that.  So basically, like any medium, it's going to have a broad spectrum of garbage, and a few gems.

~M

Offline Draku

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • sakura is a good girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 04:54:43 PM »
How would anime affect how we got into MB? I got into it because of MUGEN conversions of characters, not by my like of anime.

Offline Hd - phnz - !!!

• Lv. ?? (Boss)
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 9008
  • BAH GAWWWDDD!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 05:21:01 PM »
Funnily enough I got into Melbra because some LJ buddies were talking about it. That's all.

I do watch a lot of anime, but I don't follow much recent stuff.

Offline Phae

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 05:27:18 PM »
I don't watch a whole lot of shows, actually.

I mean my favorite series are Evangelion and RahXephon, and it's so rare a series like that comes around.. last one that came around like that that really had a nice story and giant fuck-off robots was Eureka 7 which I did watch..

I'm just too picky to really enjoy anime. I don't like comedy shows, or slice-of-life shows, I need something dramatic and full of robots or I don't care. Sadly enough a lot of shows coming out are comedy or slice-of-life, or are full of robots, but over-the-top. :(

Offline pherai

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
    • pherai.net
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 06:15:05 PM »
I think some of you are reading a bit too much into my post, and getting defensive. I've been to almost every WT, and notice a large portion of otaku's among MB players, such that its hard for me to imagine MB players who aren't otaku's. I've got nothing against otaku's; many of them are my friends. I do think doujin fighters have a certain appeal to anime fans, just as they repel people who strongly dislike anime.  I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there who has little to no interest in anime but plays MB.
I heard anime expo isn't going to be that good this year...

Offline jkdChaos

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 06:33:50 PM »
EAD

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think some of you are reading a bit too much into my post, and getting defensive. I've been to almost every WT, and notice a large portion of otaku's among MB players, such that its hard for me to imagine MB players who aren't otaku's. I've got nothing against otaku's; many of them are my friends. I do think doujin fighters have a certain appeal to anime fans, just as they repel people who strongly dislike anime.  I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there who has little to no interest in anime but plays MB.

Offline Kaistar

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 07:06:58 PM »
do not watch anime at all, have not watched anything in a while. i will go back and watch stuff i used to as a kid, like how they released gunbuster after 18 fucking years in the USA... but i think that's really all i've watched.

i do keep up on manga though, albeit i like american comics more.

Offline Hd - phnz - !!!

• Lv. ?? (Boss)
  • Melty Waffle
  • BAH GAWWWDDD!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 08:52:19 PM »

tl;dr

Offline thebrassthief

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • I has a briefcase.
    • View Profile
    • TBT's Home
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 11:30:42 AM »
I don't watch anime unless the recommendations comes from friends or forumers I have known for a while.
Playing: Arc, Kouma

American Tierlist:
Top: players just play the fucking game instead of asking for tiers. Low: players ask for tiers.

Offline Macampos

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • This one's weird. Watch out, he might bite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 11:37:31 AM »
I generally stay away from most mainstream stuff nowadays, since they're pretty bad. (Or they've been destroyed by the 3vil that is 4kids)

And, as with Draku, I first got introduced to Melty Blood and Tsukihime through M.U.G.E.N.

Offline IamtehSEX

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 10006
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 11:57:09 AM »
i think this is an otaku bashing thread... let it be known that pherai hates otakus with a passion.  dont let his jeebus like appearance fool you.  hes one vindictive mother f'er
The Donkey Punch... It's so bad.

For someone who doesn't visit the boards anymore, I'm a post whore.

Offline Hd - phnz - !!!

• Lv. ?? (Boss)
  • Melty Waffle
  • BAH GAWWWDDD!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 12:08:57 PM »
Oh shit Khiem defending otakus.

Offline Yuusharo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 01:07:08 PM »
He grew up with Sailor Moon just like the rest of us, admit it.

Offline IamtehSEX

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 01:19:02 PM »
Oh shit Khiem defending otakus.

me defending otakus?  haha.. no way man.  im just saying that jeebus jon hates them too

and on a totally unrelated note.  i might buy a hrap stick, but kinda skeptical on the ps3 version seeing how that the only one i can get unless you can find a ps2 ver.  is it any good? and if someone already posted something on it.. im too lazy to search for it.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 01:25:07 PM »
omg ipwt returns!

<3

:V
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline DarthTrey

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 01:35:39 PM »
I likem some anime, but I got into MB from a friend who had it on his PC( <3 Re-act )  Odly enough never watched the Tsukihime anime.....

<3 da gory stuff

The bloodier the better :)

Offline Yuusharo

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »
and on a totally unrelated note.  i might buy a hrap stick, but kinda skeptical on the ps3 version seeing how that the only one i can get unless you can find a ps2 ver.  is it any good? and if someone already posted something on it.. im too lazy to search for it.

I just ordered a HRAP 3 which should hopefully come in by the end of the week, and it apparently works great on PC.  It won't recognize PS2 games if you're playing on a PS3 until a new driver update comes out, but then again who has a PS3 anyway?

By the way, if you still want the HRAP 2, better get it quick.  This was the only place I could find it.

Here

I'd also look on craigslist.  Saw one in San Diego used for $90

Craiglist

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2007, 01:40:02 PM »
A-ni-me? What's that? :mystery:

Offline IamtehSEX

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2007, 01:51:08 PM »

I just ordered a HRAP 3 which should hopefully come in by the end of the week, and it apparently works great on PC.  It won't recognize PS2 games if you're playing on a PS3 until a new driver update comes out, but then again who has a PS3 anyway?

By the way, if you still want the HRAP 2, better get it quick.  This was the only place I could find it.

Here

Craiglist

sweet deal.. thanks for the info.  but 90-99 bucks for a hrap2 is somwhat on the steep side.  might as well dish out a few extra bucks for the hrap3. if i can find 3s on pc then i guess i wont need to worry about hooking the controller up on the ps2

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2007, 02:06:48 PM »
Winding up here without being a japanese person or a Type-Moon fan is odd indeed, but I was both and the end hook for me wasn't the content, but the ludicrous air combos, as I harbored a grudge against all those CvS2 vids that made air hits that I never could.

Yeah, I picked me the right reasons.

~M

Offline Hd - phnz - !!!

• Lv. ?? (Boss)
  • Melty Waffle
  • BAH GAWWWDDD!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2007, 02:22:22 PM »

Here

Craiglist

sweet deal.. thanks for the info.  but 90-99 bucks for a hrap2 is somwhat on the steep side.  might as well dish out a few extra bucks for the hrap3. if i can find 3s on pc then i guess i wont need to worry about hooking the controller up on the ps2

Either me or Chan can always get you a copy of 3s.

Offline Yuusharo

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2007, 04:51:16 PM »

That's basically what I'm going to do.  I figured I don't own a console anyway, why would I need to worry about it?