When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Do you get discouraged when you lose alot even after practicing?  (Read 24306 times)

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
Re: Do you get discouraged when you lose alot even after practicing?
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2008, 06:50:24 PM »
You know what's odd, I find that I have no qualms to losing, even repeatedly in a row, to anyone EXCEPT for the people that I actually know and trained to help them get to where they are today.  For some reason playing them I end up getting frustrated easily and start playing worse.  It doesn't really make sense.  Maybe it's because I've always been better than them, and I generally feel I should be better due to me knowing how they play very well?  I dunno, but it bothers me somehow.

The harsh reality is that they have overtaken you in skill, when they were once your apprentice.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Do you get discouraged when you lose alot even after practicing?
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2008, 08:37:41 PM »
You know what's odd, I find that I have no qualms to losing, even repeatedly in a row, to anyone EXCEPT for the people that I actually know and trained to help them get to where they are today.  For some reason playing them I end up getting frustrated easily and start playing worse.  It doesn't really make sense.  Maybe it's because I've always been better than them, and I generally feel I should be better due to me knowing how they play very well?  I dunno, but it bothers me somehow.

The harsh reality is that they have overtaken you in skill, when they were once your apprentice.
But that's the thing, in any other game that wouldn't bother me at all.  I was TRYING to make them better than me.  But it's more like...they're still playing the same and making the same mistakes, but I just can't punish them anymore because I'm making just as many mistakes myself.  It's just frustrating to not be able to do what I know I SHOULD be able to.  You know?
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.