When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Do you get discouraged when you lose alot even after practicing?  (Read 24259 times)

Offline DivineArc

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • I played C-Arc before it was cool
    • View Profile
Re: Do you get discouraged when you lose alot even after practicing?
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2008, 01:33:43 PM »
I used to be able to lose all day and have fun but I get frustrated sometimes when I get owned repeatedly. I need to drill the fact into my subconsciousness that I'm not as good as I think I am.  :prinny: On the other hand, when I lose now, I think about how I lost, rather than to just keep playing and hope it figures itself out.
I'm also like you, Sled. I don't ask for a rematch, just accept the loss and cool off.
I try the be the same way but since MB is my favorite its really hard :-\
Melty is pretty much the only fighting game I take "seriously", but I just acknowledge that I'm pretty much a total scrub and there's a lot of people (aka everyone) WAY better than me. If ANY game gets to the point where it's making you mad, it's time to put the controller down and cool off a bit. Games are supposed to be fun.
Yeah I know that much lol, But when I try to fight others I always come out at the bottom at this game for right now. I dont know if I have to grind on training or what to win in this game. But is that the true trial and tribulation of being a fighting gamer? :slowpoke:
woof: like all the stuff i hear from them im like 'thats everything i had t o deal with back when i played'

Offline DivineArc

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2008, 01:41:20 PM »
I used to be able to lose all day and have fun but I get frustrated sometimes when I get owned repeatedly. I need to drill the fact into my subconsciousness that I'm not as good as I think I am.  :prinny: On the other hand, when I lose now, I think about how I lost, rather than to just keep playing and hope it figures itself out.
I'm also like you, Sled. I don't ask for a rematch, just accept the loss and cool off.
(oh sorry I dont know to double quote in post yet) But yeah sadly enough when I was losing for some reason(I could feel heat building up in my ears like a old school cartoon char) I was thinking in my head the whole time all that training just to get beat up. :-\
woof: like all the stuff i hear from them im like 'thats everything i had t o deal with back when i played'

Offline Hsien_Jo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • WHAT?! NOOBTOUSAND?! WTFBBQCIELISAWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2008, 07:53:59 PM »
Quote from: Nanako
It used to be in MB but they removed it.
I think it was Melty Blood ReAct when they removed it.
(I can't find a image of it :()
I remeber it, me and Leon did it before every Arc vs. Ciel match back in MB

I need to work to be more like that
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:14:47 PM by Hsien_Jo »
1: Ciel Color 22 O,,..,,O
Man, shes so Ciel, where ya 7th Sacred Scripture at?

Offline Hsien_Jo

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2008, 08:09:43 PM »
I try the be the same way but since MB is my favorite its really hard :-\
Melty is pretty much the only fighting game I take "seriously", but I just acknowledge that I'm pretty much a total scrub and there's a lot of people (aka everyone) WAY better than me. If ANY game gets to the point where it's making you mad, it's time to put the controller down and cool off a bit. Games are supposed to be fun.

I second that thats a good way to look at it, just it hard for me to put the controller down when going against a shit talker, thats hard as hell to do.

Quote from:  Leon Rose
Double post  :slowpoke:
What double post? ??? :slowpoke:

Jamel Flemmins wins again wins again :p  :prinny:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:14:01 PM by Hsien_Jo »

Offline DivineArc

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2008, 08:15:03 PM »
Just messing, Oh back on with the topic, Dont wanna get shut down. :slowpoke:

Offline Hsien_Jo

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2008, 08:22:04 PM »

Same here, but I gess shit talkers as I said are my biggest problem.  That and I just need to play more in games that hate to lose in so that I can get more experience in tryin to be a good sporrt.  I want to get  it so I can come out smiling or at least be a good sport no matter what the outcome.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2008, 10:45:52 PM »

Same here, but I gess shit talkers as I said are my biggest problem.  That and I just need to play more in games that hate to lose in so that I can get more experience in tryin to be a good sporrt.  I want to get  it so I can come out smiling or at least be a good sport no matter what the outcome.

There will always be shit talkers. Just put up with it, maybe it'll inspire one to beat their ass into the ground, and then spit on their face.
what the fuck is this game

Offline MagnusXL

• Spellcaster
  • j.C Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2008, 10:57:24 PM »
This never happens to me. *fistpump*

In all seriousness, stuff like that doesn't really bother me. I'd just consider it more practice.
Honorary BC Player.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2008, 11:35:29 PM »
Of course I get discouraged.  It's the reason I quit for a few months.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2008, 11:47:18 PM »
I get discouraged for like an hour after the loss (in tournament).

Then I come back twice as fucking strong next time.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Nanako

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2008, 01:00:39 AM »
Well, I do get discouraged if get beaten by the AI.
(Well that doesn't happen all the time)
Then I do a rematch and I get serious

But if its versus my friend, I don't demand a rematch.
I just cool down.
ξ・∀・) めるぽ!

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2008, 02:05:56 AM »
Getting beaten by the CPU when you're rusty is somewhat justifiable, but also kinda frustrating, especially when you're perfectly aware yourself that you can beat it easily when you're in shape. The main problem is actually getting back into shape, if you ask me. But getting beaten by a human opponent is just friendly competition and either luck or better gameplay, I guess. Sometimes you just get bitched out by Lady Luck, and sometimes you really can't argue against your opponent's proficiency. :)
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline DivineArc

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2008, 09:01:51 AM »
Rarely if I get beat by the AI I just start the whole game over and start from the beginning. :slowpoke:

Offline Kelong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2008, 04:42:09 PM »
u win some, u lose some.

u'll get your 30-0 days and your 0-30 days, no biggie.

just work on improving your game.

Offline Chocolate Thunder

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Random super!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2008, 11:08:21 PM »
I take losing in stride.  If I lose to somebody, it really isn't a big thing to me.  Actually, I usually laugh like hell.  No, it's not to hide my pain of loss or any other BS like that, I just get a real kick out of going up against somebody in fighting games, skilled or otherwise.  If I'm repeatedly getting beaten by someone, I try to rework my tactics (e.g. Faultless Defense, which I still need to learn how to do T_T) a bit for my next match, but I'm pretty chill if I'm on a losing streak.  It's all about having fun, and it's a good way to practice if you're losing :D.

The only way I'll get discouraged if I lose is if the person that I go up against is not only cocky, but exudes an aura of an asshole.  I can get a bit discouraged if I lose, but if I beat em, it's like whopping on a retarded bigot in Halo 3:

Simply satisfying :3.
I rike the angry China girl loli :3.

Offline kaihidou

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Shall I go out and breathe in this corrupt world?
    • View Profile
    • kaihidou's GS Page
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2008, 12:17:30 PM »
Getting beaten by the CPU when you're rusty is somewhat justifiable, but also kinda frustrating, especially when you're perfectly aware yourself that you can beat it easily when you're in shape. The main problem is actually getting back into shape, if you ask me. But getting beaten by a human opponent is just friendly competition and either luck or better gameplay, I guess. Sometimes you just get bitched out by Lady Luck, and sometimes you really can't argue against your opponent's proficiency. :)
True on that. Happens to me A LOT in arcades.

Offline Nanako

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2008, 09:32:24 PM »

...:slowpoke:
Yeah.

Course there WAS a sprite version of it in Re-ACT like he said. I think.
Found it

ξ・∀・) めるぽ!

Offline Reiku Tohno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • "It's amazing really, how I was born...I just..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2008, 09:41:00 PM »
"Do you get discouraged when you lose a lot even after practicing?"

---...this doesn't happen to me...---the getting discouraged part, i mean...
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6500/sigcopykb8.gif
I Blaze, I Freeze, I Soar, I Strengthen, I Spark, I Roar... I Strike, I Hit, I Dash, I Guard, I Fly, I Force... I Tick, I Contain, I Live, I Die, I Shine, I Shadow... I Exist...
[19 Powers of the Angel]

Offline Fui

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »
No.

Except when it's game mechanics like Ciel dashing through every black beast and ex-hieroing/dashing under/clashing -insert any move except 5a here-. Then I just laugh and try to find entertainment value out of it.  :toot:

Or losing to Nanaya. Because he's a gigantic faggot. aaaaaaaaaaaa

If I lost to scrubby players every day I'd probably kill myself, though. But that's why you practice, right? You don't lose to players that are worse than you. If you're losing all the time, you probably suck. Unless you're LK. Poor guy dies in 2 bnbs.

Offline Veleon

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Jazz + Anime = WIN!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeNfo
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2008, 08:56:48 AM »
No, I don't really get discouraged. Chances are you keep playing with the same people over and over again right? So, as you get better so do they. If they were beating you at the begining then chances are they'lll still be beating you now. As along as you are both practicing the same amount anyway.

Offline relight

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • 普通的魔法使
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2008, 09:39:04 AM »
Not discouraged, because praciticing is my own business ;D

And maybe a little OT here, IMO It's not fun to go against people who are obviously on a different level of play. If I get to choose my opponent I'd rather play someone about as good as me, than someone whos too pro or too new to the game.
Arcueid / W.Len / Miyako player.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=HKrelight

Offline Irovax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2008, 09:51:12 AM »
I only get discouraged if I can't figure out why I'm losing, like if I get tech punished by something I didn't think could tech punish, and instead of not teching, I just figure it's luckboxing and continue. That's the joy of replays, though. :3

Basically, as long as I'm growing from the losses, I don't mind. I do mind wasting the other person's time, though... >.<;;

But, case in point, I lost 20+ matches to lain on the day I triumphantly ((haha)) returned to Melty Bread.

Offline Keith

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • Back from the dead, hell yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2008, 11:06:36 AM »
Meanwhile, I get kinda pissed when I KNOW why I'm losing, yet I continue to fall for it. (oh hi WLen 2CC blocked to 214C, you've caught me about 20 million times)

But then again, I'm newb. :V
Running H-Kohaku, and I don't want to stop.
Graced by the presence of His Wongness as he ly ped from the heavens and stole everyone's cash.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2008, 05:16:09 PM »
LOL, I have this friend that mains Nero, and whenever I'm playing any of the Akihas, every time I superjump him he always catches me with the giant claw-thingy that moves upwards. Problem is, I already know I should shield when jumping against him because he does that EVERY TIME... and I fall for it EVERY TIME. :P
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline Boku

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Banana <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2008, 05:24:03 PM »
LOL, I have this friend that mains Nero, and whenever I'm playing any of the Akihas, every time I superjump him he always catches me with the giant claw-thingy that moves upwards. Problem is, I already know I should shield when jumping against him because he does that EVERY TIME... and I fall for it EVERY TIME. :P
I have the same problem in reverse. I main Nero and have  a tendency to spam 4C. My friend plays Akiha and EX-shields it and combo's me every time.
how do i adult behavior to my younger brother?