When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Doom netplay session  (Read 1535 times)

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
Doom netplay session
« on: September 12, 2007, 05:48:05 PM »
(Cross posted on The Sacred Red Moon.)
Hi, about last month while in #SRM I was talking about Doom, and I got a few people interested. Unfortunately I kinda forgot/didn't have time to pull through. Now that most of my days is sitting online with my online college courses I have a lot of free time.

To be able to play with me and the others you will need to download the Legacy Doom client. It's a fairly easy client to get used to, uses mouse look, you can add graphical mods to it and it supports a lot of people (36 iirc)

You can go here to download the client:

http://legacy.newdoom.com/downloads.php

It does not come with the .wad files you will have to either have them, or find them yourself as it is illegal to freely distribute them (id Games still sells the game on the website, which means they still are making money off the game) Unless someone can tell me it is alright to distribute them (i.e. giving me link to site that says id Games doesn't care if I do this) I won't supply them here.

If you guys have any questions (as you guys should) I'm always on #SRM/#MBAC.

Oh yeah post here because I'll be looking back and forth, and be on the lookout for updates on this first post for sessions. =)

Oh, I forgot to add we will most likely be playing on the original doom.wad.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 05:50:08 PM by Mizuki »
what the fuck is this game

Offline mrthefter

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Now I've lost it. I know I can kill
    • View Profile
Re: Doom netplay session
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 11:19:37 PM »
DOOM lol.
I'm up for some fraggin'

Ah, how I miss the days of DOOM Connector...