When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Fastes game characters?  (Read 11552 times)

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
Fastes game characters?
« on: February 03, 2013, 08:55:12 AM »
I'm new to this game, and I play with Bang in Blazblue and Yosuke in P4U (both ninja-like  :V), anyone here knows which are the fastest characters in this game? And why?
If you don't laugh, you don't live.

Twitter: @heavymetalmixer

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
Re: Fastes game characters?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 09:53:11 AM »
As far as raw run speeds go, Half Moon White Len has the fastest dash. But I don't think you would be satisfied playing her. I don't think she plays like either Bang or Yosuke. Maybe I'm wrong though.

If you want a pure rushdown char, you might try Half Moon Sion Tatari. She is kinda similar to Yosuke. Fast dash, good normals, great pressure, good oki, good zoning. She has summons that she can use for oki, it's a little more risky to use them at nuetral. Her charged 6B is good zoning. She has a harder time doing things that are not charging at the enemy though. Very good forward movement.

You might also try Crescent Moon Hisui. She plays pretty similarly to H-VSion above, but has more zoning options, and bentos instead of summons. Also a little better on the defense and retreat. She can IAD backdash and j.BB to create a lot of space. Better all around movement. She is very fast and has an airdash with a lot of movement.

Hope this helps. Welcome to melty!

-TexasTim-

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 10:21:20 AM »
What can you tell about C-Ryougi?
If you don't laugh, you don't live.

Twitter: @heavymetalmixer

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 11:11:18 AM »
I can see how C-Ryougi would be compared  Yosuke b/c of her 214 series. It's not quite as good as moon assault (or whatever it's called). I find it's much easier to block or otherwise reversal her 214 shenanigans.

She does have a j.B that hits behind her, although Melty does not have true cross-ups like P4A, it's still useful. She has pretty good normals with a lot of range. She can do a lot of damage. She is a little lacking in mix-ups. She does have a good dash, and far moving airdash, and a pretty good back dash. And she has C-Moon mechanics, which is almost always a plus.

That's about all I can tell you. I don't know the char very well. You might ask Rei's opinion about it in the C-Ryougi thread. Sry I can't be of more help on this char.

Offline Omicron Austin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Downright Fierce
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
I'd have to say Akiha Vermillion.

In terms of overall "speed" I don't think anybody really compares.  Her ground and air dashes go incredibly far and very quick, she has TWO airdashes (Bang did as well) and fast normals.  Another comparison to Bang and especially Yosuke is that, at least for full moon, she has semi-spammable ranged and projectile options that at the very least are a nuisance.  Crescent and Half have some cool tools as well if you prefer them.

V-Akiha can be seen as sort of an "Akuma" character in that she has a lot of great tools and is really powerful, but if she's on the receiving end she has one of the lowest health modifiers in the game and can die pretty quickly.  Her reversal options are also pretty weak, although that's not that uncommon in Melty Blood as only a handful do and it usually requires a fair amount of meter.  It's up to you to never get hit, which is a bit easier with her than most.

As you can tell by my avatar, I'm clearly not biased in the slightest.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 01:21:46 PM »
Yeah I can't believe I did not think to mention Full Moon V. Akiha.
It's not so much that she is faster than other chars, as she just moves further and more often.
She is definitely one of the slippy-est chars in the game. It's real hard to pin her down.
She has air puff balls to stall, she has 2 airdashes instead of just one, and a double jump. All of which can be used in any order unlike in P4A. She also has her j.214 series to stall as well. And her j.22 series...

And I'm not sure , but I think there is a soft ban in place in Japanese tourneys on her 22 infinites (both blockstrings and combos) since I never see anyone do it in tourney. But she has it.
Like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=St32r6KyoZg#t=109s
                 Although that is kinda a bad example...
And Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=St32r6KyoZg#t=169s

Offline Omicron Austin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Downright Fierce
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »
I can't imagine a soft ban happening for that.  At least for me, the execution requirement on these infinites is a bit too extreme to ever worry about it enveloping a competitive environment, not to mention they tend to require really specific setups off of, at the very least, a hard knockdown and some sort of mixup.

You might also enjoy Aoko.  She has two airdashes as well and a lot of neat tricks, gimmicks, and projectile options.  Shiki Tohno and Nanaya might also be to your liking, as they both, while lacking in air mobility, tend to have extremely fast ground options and amazing normals.  And, like TheMaster_Rahl suggested, Sion and also VSion I'd say have a similar feel to Bang and Yosuke in a few ways, although they tend to have some really stubby normals.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 05:07:30 PM »
In terms of speed characters:

VAkiha (2 fast airdashes)
Nanaya (Teleports let him clear the entire screen in less than a second. Also, Warui Ne.)
Ryougi (H and C primarily, but the problem is that a lot of her speed leaves her very unsafe)
Warc (See Nanaya, teleports)

I think that covers it mostly.

Also, as a C-Ryougi player here's the rundown.

Damage: average to high depending on if you're using 62314c combos or not.

Zoning: large hitboxes on a lot of normals. The 421 and 214 series are air unblockable so you get the obvious applications of huge unblockable aerial hitboxes.

Pressure: there aren't many move that are + on block except 214c and 22c. I've been finding most of my pressure is via the charged c unblockables.

Mixups: Getting mixups with Ryougi takes some work. It's possible if you know the more advanced combos, but most of the easy ones require meter. The basic combo ends with a reset or an airthrow that doesn't give you much advantage.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 05:22:43 PM »
C Ryougi = big poke basic character. She's only good for neutral game and it's pretty boring if you are not a really good player (she has some hot advanced stuff). F is better/easier (even bigger pokes), but even more boring (unless it's Namiyan or Leo playing). H has some cool combos, but not much more I know of.

C and F V.Akiha are really fast (C is faster, but has less damage).

There is also Aoko, Miyako, Hisui, Kohaku, Sion and Ciel who are really fast and good for pressure.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 05:31:53 PM by Cristu »
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 10:24:30 AM »
I can't imagine a soft ban happening for that.  At least for me, the execution requirement on these infinites is a bit too extreme to ever worry about it enveloping a competitive environment,

Blissful ignorance.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 10:52:11 AM »
Blissful ignorance.

This is kinda my thought too.

-Once you learn how it works, it's just a matter of grinding until the execution becomes muscle memory.
-As far as I can tell, she can go into it midscreen off of any j.C or j.214X hit on grounded opponents.
-She has the opportunity to go into it off every knockdown she gets.
-In the corner, she can go into a blockstring with it that like does massive chip damage (for this game).
-Which she can use the block stun of to air dash back in and get mix-ups, which may or may not lead
  back into the 22 blockstring.

I see jp players use it in matches often enough, but never in tourney.

Offline Pete

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • back on the grind
    • View Profile
    • MeltyDB
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »
I don't know much about other games and how other characters relate to Melty Blood by if you want some speed and simplicity, I'd go for Full Moon Roa or any Roa in general. He's got the go fast, if not him then Full Moon Aoko is also fast and fairly easy to pick up.
7:27 PM - grungrah: i will be the first anime player sponsored by french bread
7:27 PM - grungrah: mark my words

Offline Omicron Austin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Downright Fierce
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 11:51:45 AM »
Blissful ignorance.

This is kinda my thought too.

-Once you learn how it works, it's just a matter of grinding until the execution becomes muscle memory.
-As far as I can tell, she can go into it midscreen off of any j.C or j.214X hit on grounded opponents.
-She has the opportunity to go into it off every knockdown she gets.
-In the corner, she can go into a blockstring with it that like does massive chip damage (for this game).
-Which she can use the block stun of to air dash back in and get mix-ups, which may or may not lead
  back into the 22 blockstring.

I see jp players use it in matches often enough, but never in tourney.

Guess I didn't really give it enough of a chance.  Wasn't aware that she could start it off of more practical things, and I must admit, haven't really spent more than 10 minutes in training mode on it.  I just know that too many 22 motions gives me a cramp.

I have messed around with using it on block though, I just can only get about half as many as you'd see in those videos before I hit the ground.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 12:24:53 PM »
I think it's dumb to ban such cool things. Also I don't think there is a true infinite blockstring, is there? Her infinite combo = just spark out of it and your opponent loses the momentum IF he can do it, he'll probably miss anyway. I think people don't do it on tournaments because they want to win, so they play simple.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 12:27:06 PM by Cristu »

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 01:03:14 PM »
I think it's dumb to ban such cool things. Also I don't think there is a true infinite blockstring, is there? Her infinite combo = just spark out of it and your opponent loses the momentum IF he can do it, he'll probably miss anyway. I think people don't do it on tournaments because they want to win, so they play simple.

Well yes, you are not in block stun forever, but the gaps can be pretty small once she stops j.22 ing.

And just spark out. Well, by the time you get max meter to spark, she has prolly brought you across the screen, where she is in the corner, and you are out in front of her. From here, she loops it in a way that the spark will not hit her. So one of 2 things is going to happen, either you return to neutral, or she puts you in block stun again when you spark. You have to wait for her to stop doing j.22 loops and try to finish the combo before you can try to burst. And in any case, you have prolly taken 7-8k damage before you get the opportunity to spark.

And i was wrong, it looks like she can go into that loop off any normal hit that she can jump cancel while the opponent is grounded.

I also like how j.22s force spark vs H-Moon chars in max or at 200%.

Offline Roy-Kr

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 01:34:36 PM »
Thread's over, the guy has taken the path of righteous crowd-pleasing.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 01:56:39 PM »
If there is a gap, get hit in the air, recover. She would be throwing out her momentum for nothing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I never seen a variation where you don't get close to her. This is the best I've seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYC0smxZyo0#t=727s . Not much damage, lost momentum (and consequently the match).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:00:24 PM by Cristu »

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 02:23:32 PM »
Here's one of the more recent examples I've found.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9TiD2cCvIOE#t=1464s

That whole vid is full of the inf...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I never seen a variation where you don't get close to her. This is the best I've seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYC0smxZyo0#t=727s . Not much damage, lost momentum (and consequently the match).

And how is 6.7k not much damage?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:26:49 PM by TheMaster_Rahl »

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 03:37:05 PM »
Sparked again see, she always get close. 6~8k is not that much. It's easy to do 8k in v.akiha, so I think it's fair if she can do it too sometimes. Also I think that confirm is one of the best possible (starter AND position).

I mean, look at what H Arc can do to her with a simple high confirm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvRDqBcgYyE

And I didn't even go for fancy damaging variations like this ones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tGamx9wts8

8k + oki with a simple confirm. Many other chars can do that too. Poor V.Akiha gets no oki and has to work much harder to confirm that variation.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:06:19 PM by Cristu »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 05:31:16 PM »
And I'm not sure , but I think there is a soft ban in place in Japanese tourneys on her 22 infinites (both blockstrings and combos) since I never see anyone do it in tourney. But she has it.
Like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=St32r6KyoZg#t=109s
                 Although that is kinda a bad example...
And Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=St32r6KyoZg#t=169s
Here's one of the more recent examples I've found.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9TiD2cCvIOE#t=1464s

That whole vid is full of the inf...
...Can this game be not-dead again so I can main this retarded character already?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:33:24 PM by ZARbomb »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 10:13:54 PM »
We're working on it.

In terms of the inf, I think the ideal usage is to use a couple reps to get the damage up to about 6k then to just finish with some sort of Oki.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 01:31:49 AM »
Ideal usage is make your opponent have 0% meter or forfeit the round.

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 04:15:43 AM »
Yep. Forcing a spark is pretty damn big.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 04:30:00 AM »
It's not that easy. Also it just makes it look cooler, would be hype seeing a shielded spark happen in that combo. If anyone really have a problem they should play her, I'm yet to see a v.akiha win a big high level competition...

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
Fastes game characters?
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 07:31:58 AM »
Did you know her 22s make her projectile immune? Dodge knifes and ice all day.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!