When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Gleam of Force  (Read 9891 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Gleam of Force
« on: October 04, 2008, 09:13:21 PM »
Alright bitches.  How is there not a thread for this already?  I've waited for one to pop up, and am sorely disappointed in the lot of you.  D=

Anyway, let's get to it.  Who here plays?  What characters are your favorites?  Post up some pics, videos, replays, etc.

I'm all about Minami and Yukie, so I'm more of a defensive player.  I've got a couple replays of just combos I've been playing around with, but all my match replays are on another computer. 
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
Re: Gleam of Force
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 09:15:37 PM »
I just uninstalled this game yesterday for disk space >_>
thundering waterfalls

Offline Merrubi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 12:09:01 AM »
I couldn't get any of my friends to play this game for more than one day.  Buuut I play Usegi and Takeda... I think that's them. >_>

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 01:04:01 PM »
I just uninstalled this game yesterday for disk space >_>
h8

I couldn't get any of my friends to play this game for more than one day.  Buuut I play Usegi and Takeda... I think that's them. >_>
Referring to them by their family name seems weird to me.  I think Ruki is prolly top tier, at a glance.  Range, speed, parry that gives you backstub opportunity, counter super, super that shocks, good high-low mixup...she's pretty mean.  I'm not really a fan of Madoi though.  She requires relatively strict spacing for a good portion of her B moves and she hits like a mosquito.  *shrugs*  Not my girl, I guess.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 01:10:35 PM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 05:13:59 PM »
What is the thing that makes this 2D fighter addictive?  :psyduck:
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Merrubi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 06:22:45 PM »
Referring to them by their family name seems weird to me.  I think Ruki is prolly top tier, at a glance.  Range, speed, parry that gives you backstub opportunity, counter super, super that shocks, good high-low mixup...she's pretty mean.  I'm not really a fan of Madoi though.  She requires relatively strict spacing for a good portion of her B moves and she hits like a mosquito.  *shrugs*  Not my girl, I guess.

Oh whoops I got one of the names mixed up from not playing in a while.  I don't play Madoi, but I play Minami like you.  I dunno how many people you've played but whenever I high parry an attack, my parry gets... counter parried?  And I end up eating another combo.  Other than that I like her a lot more than the rest of the cast.  Her damage output is stupid. If you land a hit and they don't burst out, you have already almost ended the match.  Not too mention it's pretty easy to hit confirm since she only has a good few pokes, but each of them have massive hitstun.

Offline Kamina

• Spellcaster
  • I'm awake! I'm wide awake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 07:37:49 PM »
I'm mostly Kanae or Ashita, Kanae has those wall combos that do some awesome damage, but now with the new patch the juggling is harder, and Ashita can sometimes loop with her 9b into like j.c then 9b again, though yeah its fun because of how simple it is and that fact that one person on the losing end can turn the chessboard around to win, soo defense is one of the most important things when playing

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 11:11:04 PM »
Well if i ever play this for whatever reason ill be playing that Yandere baseball chick. Game looks interesting but not interesting enough for a gig+ of disk space on my tiny, tiny HD. :(
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 02:08:40 AM »
Good god guys, I found out ways to combo into backstub+heartbreak for around 3300 damage with Minami already.  At full health, you can only take 3500 damage before you are axed.  I'll post up combo replays of these new heartbreaking combos when I get a chance to record them.  I don't think it's long before I find an instant kill combo with her though.

Oh, btw, I figure at some point starting up a wiki would be beneficial.  I've already started up a combos doc, but I've only really been experimenting seriously with Minami, Yukie, and Negai.  I'd need input from other players to help with the rest of the cast, most likely.

Oh whoops I got one of the names mixed up from not playing in a while.  I don't play Madoi, but I play Minami like you.  I dunno how many people you've played but whenever I high parry an attack, my parry gets... counter parried?  And I end up eating another combo.  Other than that I like her a lot more than the rest of the cast.  Her damage output is stupid. If you land a hit and they don't burst out, you have already almost ended the match.  Not too mention it's pretty easy to hit confirm since she only has a good few pokes, but each of them have massive hitstun.
My best guess on the parry getting parried is that you parried an A attack, which is quick enough to give them reaction time against Minami's slow-to-hit parries.  Either that or clash frames, since some moves have them.  =<

I'm mostly Kanae or Ashita, Kanae has those wall combos that do some awesome damage, but now with the new patch the juggling is harder, and Ashita can sometimes loop with her 9b into like j.c then 9b again, though yeah its fun because of how simple it is and that fact that one person on the losing end can turn the chessboard around to win, soo defense is one of the most important things when playing
Kamina!  Nice to see you post in here.  How's that combo video coming along?  I'm pretty sure I'll have shit to add in to it for my 3 girls, if you're interested in having outside input.
---

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 02:52:11 AM »
Oh, btw, I figure at some point starting up a wiki would be beneficial.  I've already started up a combos doc, but I've only really been experimenting seriously with Minami, Yukie, and Negai.  I'd need input from other players to help with the rest of the cast, most likely.
Try Wikia.com for that.
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline ikusat

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 12:21:28 AM »
While I can't personally netplay any of you, if any of you are still interested in netplaying each other, send me a PM.

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 07:28:54 PM »
/cry why can't I click on netplay its blacked out.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 09:35:30 PM »
You are required to have a pad/stick of some sort plugged in to play.  No joke.  Keyboard krushers not allowed to get in on this action.

Anyway, I've started up a Wikia article. :toot: I most likely won't get a chance to add content to it until after all this moving and renovating shit that's rocking my world is done, but it's there if anyone wants to donate their time to creating a decent wiki.  Any work done will be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:43:04 PM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 08:43:18 AM »
You are required to have a pad/stick of some sort plugged in to play.  No joke.  Keyboard krushers not allowed to get in on this action.

Anyway, I've started up a Wikia article. :toot: I most likely won't get a chance to add content to it until after all this moving and renovating shit that's rocking my world is done, but it's there if anyone wants to donate their time to creating a decent wiki.  Any work done will be much appreciated.

cool I just left my stick/ controller at school so Ill be cool, I was just all O_o.

Offline Kamina

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 10:17:25 AM »
Good god guys, I found out ways to combo into backstub+heartbreak for around 3300 damage with Minami already.  At full health, you can only take 3500 damage before you are axed.  I'll post up combo replays of these new heartbreaking combos when I get a chance to record them.  I don't think it's long before I find an instant kill combo with her though.

My best guess on the parry getting parried is that you parried an A attack, which is quick enough to give them reaction time against Minami's slow-to-hit parries.  Either that or clash frames, since some moves have them.  =<

Kamina!  Nice to see you post in here.  How's that combo video coming along?  I'm pretty sure I'll have shit to add in to it for my 3 girls, if you're interested in having outside input.
Hmmm well things are going slowly I guess, getting sidetracked with other stuff, just today I was working on some more Ashita stuff I didnt know about like using her 7B and then while holding B press 66 to throw her fastball, though I hope they fix replays during netplay as well, random standing and all, and any outside input is appreciated, sometimes I just get lazy lol

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 08:47:08 AM »
after 9B if it connects she can air combo O_o with Ashita, I  just do counter hit, 6A,9B,A,B,B(touch ground),6A,4AB,8B,(tends to drop around here,but I just try to loop it.).

And wait she does an attack with C while in the air O_o, runs off to check.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 12:47:48 PM »
Ashita's got a lot of pretty neat stuff.  She has 66 extensions off of 8b, 2b, and [7b].  Her [1b] is a grab and her 3b is a counter.  It's pretty cool.  The 2b 66 is great for making the opponent back off for a minute, and the [7b] 66 is good for mind games since you can easily throw out the 66 extension at any part of the charge or not at all.  Her [1b] grab is ridiculous, since it can easily combo into itself.  lol

Does anyone actually find her 2ab to be useful though?  It seems kind of...crappy. (though the godliness of her 4b makes up for it I guess)
---

Offline Kamina

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 07:26:16 PM »
Ashita's got a lot of pretty neat stuff.  She has 66 extensions off of 8b, 2b, and [7b].  Her [1b] is a grab and her 3b is a counter.  It's pretty cool.  The 2b 66 is great for making the opponent back off for a minute, and the [7b] 66 is good for mind games since you can easily throw out the 66 extension at any part of the charge or not at all.  Her [1b] grab is ridiculous, since it can easily combo into itself.  lol

Does anyone actually find her 2ab to be useful though?  It seems kind of...crappy. (though the godliness of her 4b makes up for it I guess)
Well actually if you hold B when you do 2AB the fiery Ashita clones stay in the air and you can drop it when you let go of the button sooo I guess do some A moves and just make em walk in the falling area

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 07:38:29 PM »
has anyone figured out how to select alt colors yet ???, where is my 32 colors french bread.

BTW bursting is so good in this game, I love how you can KO with a burst.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 08:03:48 PM »
has anyone figured out how to select alt colors yet ???, where is my 32 colors french bread.

BTW bursting is so good in this game, I love how you can KO with a burst.
Hold c while choosing your character to get their alt color.  And yeah, it's a good thing you can only burst when in heartbreak status, cuz some of the shit you can do off of a burst's wallslam is downright stupid.  lol.  Like one time, my friend was playing Ashita and I was playing Minami, and we were down to the wire with both of us at relatively low health.  I managed to parry an attack and was about to start comboing (which would have won me the game) but he bursted and comboed it into Ashita's 4ab, winning him the match.  D;

Okay, I've finally found the IK combo with Minami. 
-2c (slight delay) 9b 2ab 1b 9b 236a 9a 1b 9b 6ab
   2 meter, 3400 damage
   quarterscreen from corner, delay 9b just enough to backstub, heartbreaks

Even though it did more than enough damage to wipe out an entire life bar (you have approximately 3500 at full health), for some reason it didn't kill.  Anyway, attached is the replay of it.  First round I was just building up a bar of meter, but second round is where I show off the combo.  Also, note that in practice mode against Kanae with Super Arts - Recovery, Endurance 2p - Max, and Ukemi - Auto, the damage was 3400.  In the actual 2p vs replay against Kanae, you'll see it hit 3900.  Not sure why the difference in damage.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 09:39:00 PM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 12:02:06 AM »
This game is so weird to me. hopefully one day I find out how to combo.

also how do I get practice modo
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 05:20:21 AM by Tempered »
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 10:50:18 AM »
Yeah, the game is very different.  It takes a little bit to get used to everything.

Unlocks are as follows:
Practice Mode - play every character in vs mode
Arcade Mode - beat story mode
Negai (and her stage) - beat arcade mode with every character (no difficulty requirement)
Omake - beat arcade mode with Negai

Oh yeah, and I think you unlock harder difficulties by unlocking Negai or something.  I forget.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 11:14:29 AM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 11:38:05 AM »
This game is so weird to me. hopefully one day I find out how to combo.

also how do I get practice modo

Mash buttons, btw thanks loli for how to unlock pratice mode I was all ???

BTW for those of you with a piece of shit compy where this game lags on their is a turn off back ground animation this particually helps on the OMG raep my computer stage with the huge crowd when both of you are playing as that chick with 5 million grabs.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 11:40:34 AM by noradseven »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 11:44:58 AM »
Lol, yeah.  Yukie's stage is definitely the worst when it comes to lag.  It has the best music, right along with Negai's stage though!
---

Offline ikusat

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008, 10:05:34 PM »
Full unlock: http://ikusat.mac.org/goodshitdotcom/GameFactor.dat

KO rules(verified for 1.0.0.5, but I didn't see any changes for this in 1.0.1.0)
1) You must score a heavy hit to KO the opponent.  Light attacks will very rarely KO them(sometimes if you score like a very massive counter hit, it might happen, but it's so hard to reproduce)
2) If you start a combo with a light attack, you must enter infight to KO the opponent with that combo, obviously finishing with a heavy attack(rule 1)
3) Wallslams do count as heavy hits, and the actual damage from the slam doesn't get reduced by the defense you gain from losing life.