hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: .Hack//G.U.  (Read 3196 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
.Hack//G.U.
« on: July 11, 2009, 06:23:22 PM »
Just finished the second game.  Someone comfort me and tell me that you get Alkaid back, even if it's just lies.  That fagle Endrance is a shitty replacement (even if he's actually really good).  I would have liked to get Kaede (and maybe Zelkova too) on my team too, but oh well.  Also, I hope I get the Azure trio on my side at some point.  Playing with them would be the shiiiiiit. (even though it's prolly never gonna happen, lol)

This second game had a lot of improvements over the first though, I must say.  I was really impressed.  I hope the trend continues and part 3 is absolutely great.

Anyway, I have a question, and the gamefaqs boards are dead and full of trolls.  So, is there a way to get the fan user (I heard it was Yata?) in the second game so that I can get the special weapon for him?  I'm still finishing a couple post game things up, so I'd like to know before I start the third and somehow find out that I can't get the damn fan weapon because I didn't get it in part 2.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
Re: .Hack//G.U.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 09:25:37 PM »
Just finished the second game.  Someone comfort me and tell me that you get Alkaid back, even if it's just lies.  That fagle Endrance is a shitty replacement (even if he's actually really good).  I would have liked to get Kaede (and maybe Zelkova too) on my team too, but oh well.  Also, I hope I get the Azure trio on my side at some point.  Playing with them would be the shiiiiiit. (even though it's prolly never gonna happen, lol)

This second game had a lot of improvements over the first though, I must say.  I was really impressed.  I hope the trend continues and part 3 is absolutely great.

Anyway, I have a question, and the gamefaqs boards are dead and full of trolls.  So, is there a way to get the fan user (I heard it was Yata?) in the second game so that I can get the special weapon for him?  I'm still finishing a couple post game things up, so I'd like to know before I start the third and somehow find out that I can't get the damn fan weapon because I didn't get it in part 2.

Before I begin, let me just say that I utterly, sincerely HATE Piros the Third.

SPOILER ALERT...RAWR

To answer your questions. Yes to everything. I absolutely love this game series and spent a good amount of time on this.

The third game was absolutely amazing as far as the ending went. Some stuff pissed me off in the third game, like item farming.... But getting the ending cut scenes, or the scenes leading to the end got me choked up and teary (especially during certain cut scenes).

Yes, you get Alkaid back (I was seriously pissed to all hell [on the verge of tears] when I lost Alkaid). Of all the characters in the game, I feel Alkaid had the most personality and character development over the course of the entire game. The whole Alkaid vs Atoli thing going on was quite humorous. Much love for Alkaid.  :fap: :fap: :fap:

Fan user is Yata and yes to the special weapon. Even after I got him I never really used him in party...he kinda sucked. He is available after a good part of the third game, so just keep at it.

Endrance is a damn good fighter. His special weapon is weak until you unlock its full abilities then it becomes utterly broken as far as its abilities go...I still never use him though.

If you haven't played the first .hack game series, you might not get who some people are when they mention who they are, but I was shocked when [omitted for spoiler] appeared and [omitted for big spoiler] revealed. Yes, the Azure trio are can be recruited to your party, but this is only post-game. Same for Zelkova and Kaede. Kaede's sword is cool looking, I want to have that sword she uses. Azure trio aren't really all that...a maxed out Endrance/Alkaid/Anteres/ offer better party support, but by that time who needs a party?

Oh, and if I ever met him, I would seriously punch Sakaki in the face. If I recall correctly, you learn who he is by watching those Jack videos in the news section in the game. He's a psychodouche.
END SPOILER Yeah, I omitted stuff from a spoiler alert thing...I just cant bring myself to reveal too much about this with how much I loved this game.

If you want to learn the back story to the game, I recommend checking out the anime .hack//ROOTS, the storytelling in the anime aren't the best, but you do learn everything that you may want to learn about why this is happening. Also the movie .hack//G.U. Trilogy is a pretty good movie...it does go by very quickly in comparison to the games, but it crams all three games (plus a little extra) into one movie. Sadly, Alkaid is in the movie for a grand total of about 0.8 seconds and has no importance other than a mere flashback.

If you have played any of the original .hack// games, after you finish the game (third), check your inbox (which you are bound to do anyway) and look for little easter egg in there...e-mails from some characters from the first .hack// games.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 10:00:09 PM »

You'll get Alkaid back, but it's pretty damn late in volume 3 that she'll be resurrected, and she'll be the same level you left her at previously before she got wtfpwned by Tri-Edge (?). You can have Kaede, Zelkova and the Azure Trio as your party members too.

IIRC, Yata will be a useable party member, and you can get his Lost Weapon in part 3.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 10:42:45 PM »

You recall correctly. Its too bad Yata is useless compared to other characters. At max level, he places...about 7th-8th as far as rank goes. My party at max level is normally Kaede and Alkaid. They are high power and damn useful in combat, making quick work of the lvl 100-ish enemies.

You'll get Alkaid back, but it's pretty damn late in volume 3 that she'll be resurrected, and she'll be the same level you left her at previously before she got wtfpwned by Tri-Edge (?). You can have Kaede, Zelkova and the Azure Trio as your party members too.

IIRC, Yata will be a useable party member, and you can get his Lost Weapon in part 3.

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 02:58:56 AM »
played the shit out of the first four games, (infection, mutation, outbreak, quarentine), but thats only because i got them all for 50$ from a friend.

Until i can find a way to get ahold of the GU games for cheaper then the standard 150$, il have to forego playing them. .Hack games are great, but there SO DAMN EXPENSIVE. >_<

Which is a shame, since everyone tells me that GU blows the first saga out of the water. From what ive seen, looks about right too.

Though part of that is just the rampant fanboy in me that wants to 1 Vs 3 the Azure Trio in Volume 3.  :V
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 03:00:48 AM by grandlordzero »
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 05:40:12 AM »
I haven't played through the first series, but I read through a story synopsis part way through G.U. to help me know the backstory better.  I also have only watched .Hack//Sign.  I may end up watching //Roots now that I've gotten into the story, but it won't be until after I finish the third game.

I'm glad that you actually do get Alkaid back.  She was my favorite.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 05:52:48 PM »
I almost stopped playing when i lost Alkaid, I was seriously pissed that Haseo could let anything happen to Alkaid. I teared up when Alkaid returned, I had to reload a save file so I could rewatch it. It was a touching moment.

.Hack// games are damn expensive, even used, because of how full of win they are. I work at a game store, I keep watching for any of the .hack// games to come in so I can buy them, but it's been months since I've been on the lookout now. I got G.U. as it was coming out but then for some stupid reason, I sold them, now I want them back...along with all the rest of the .hack// titles.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 08:27:47 PM »
I'm almost interested in the story enough to check out the first four, especially since they're each about $10-15 used nowadays, but at the same time it'll be hard for me to play a downgraded version of G.U.  I have a few things I don't really like about G.U. as it is, so if the originals are weaker of games than these, I'll prolly end up not liking them. 

I have to say though, G.U. is one of the few action rpgs that I've actually taken a liking to.  That's a pretty big accomplishment for me.
---

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 01:00:25 PM »
I haven't played through the first series, but I read through a story synopsis part way through G.U. to help me know the backstory better.  I also have only watched .Hack//Sign.  I may end up watching //Roots now that I've gotten into the story, but it won't be until after I finish the third game.

If theres a synopsis that fully covers the first 4 games, then dont bother picking them up. The main reason to play them now is for story material and fighting the 8 Phases/cubia as a NON-broken character who cant turn into fucking skeith.  :slowpoke:

And you can always just watch the fights on Youtube or something anyway. (since thats pretty much the same experience as fighting them yourself. >_>)

As for //Roots, honestly, its best to watch it PRIOR to playing the GU games. Its the events that take place after Haseo starts playing the World R2, leading up to him becoming the "Terror of Death", and at the end, getting Data Drained by "Tri-Edge".

The beginning of the first GU game at the chapel, where Haseo gets Data Drained, is actually where //Roots pretty much ends. Youl understand the reasoning behind his mad-search for a way to save Shino, and his hatred for Tri-Edge, allot more if you watch //Roots.

Also, the first saga is going for 10-15$ each game now? Wow. i guess theres hope for me picking up GU someday then.  :toot:

Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 09:24:05 AM »
Yeah, I pretty much read a full story synopsis of everything from .Hack//Sign up to //G.U., so other than the experience of playing the first game, I know the basics of the whole thing.  I'll prolly only watch //Roots if I feel like seeing the early days of the Twilight Brigade. 

And I think avatar battles are one of the most fun points of the game.  They did a good job changing up the battle style to keep things fresh.
---