When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: How did you choose your INTARWEB NAMEZ?  (Read 8396 times)

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
How did you choose your INTARWEB NAMEZ?
« on: April 30, 2007, 03:24:42 PM »
This should be a cool little thread, since we have like this little community, and I'm bored OUT OF MY FUCKING MINDDDDDDD

Anyways, only CvS2 old SRK'ers know me by my old j1nl0ng, it was just a variation with my chinese name, I dropped it when my Chinese part of the family like totally disowned me.

Mizuki was just a name I always liked, yeah it's generally a girl's japanese name, but I don't give a fuck really, it's a cool name (btw I am part japanese too so I'm no weaboo =P, I'm also irish and scottish, hella dope.)
what the fuck is this game

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Re: How did you choose your INTARWEB NAMEZ?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 04:30:04 PM »
Bah, I hate explaining this.

Back in 99 I had finished watching like all of Dragonball in like a week and a half. I mean all of it, DB / Z / GT / movies / all of it. It was like my first big anime marathon / rush. So I went online to look for pictures and I stumbled onto a forum (fuck, back in 99 I didn't even know what the hell a forum was) and had to come up with a handle.

So I picked my favorite character, Majin Vegita, because I loved Vegita, but Majin Vegita was just pure evil fuck you motherfucker, he was awesome. That face he makes when he blows up half the stadium still rocks hardcore.

Anyways, being the complete fucking SCHMUCK that I am, instead of going with Majin Vegita (my line of thinking was that everyone had picked the name up already) I instead went with ChibiMajinVegita. I ran that name for like 3 years at various forums until I hit SRK in late 2001/ early 2002, where I realized having a name like CMV was NOT going to cut it, so I took out the MajinVegita, kept the Chibi, and then took the first thing that came to my head for no reason, Master.

Thus Master Chibi was born.

It's a fucking stupid name really, haha. I'm the Master of deformed characters? I'm a somewhat pudgy guy, that shit doesn't fit me at all, but it stuck, so for like 5 years now people instinctively call me Chibi. Haha, go figure.

:V
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 04:42:37 PM »
Honestly, I have no farking clue. The end.
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

hdphnz

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 04:47:10 PM »
Well, I used to play DDR...so I thought headphones would be an appropriate tourney name. Then I took at the vowels. Then I added a z to make it sound hip and fresh.

Incidentally, my first AOL SN was Snoopy4838. Everything that came after that was an unpronounceable amalgamation of letters and numbers so those weren't very practical.

Offline Safaia

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 05:11:00 PM »
One of those japanese translators. :psyduck:  It's unique-ish, and I've used it on Gaia for 3 1/2 years, so it's stuck.
Boys do not exist on the Internet. You're just pretending to be a guy to get attention!

Offline IamtehSEX

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 10006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 07:27:44 PM »
I wanted my name to sound like I was a dick.  and having PWN along with a character name usually does the trick.  gives that over confident aura to it.  plus i was thinking of some AND1 basketball shit, and thought of sik wit it.  all those combined and you get the name i use.  but for other forums i usually go by another name
The Donkey Punch... It's so bad.

For someone who doesn't visit the boards anymore, I'm a post whore.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 08:06:43 PM »
yeah it's generally a girl's japanese name

Mizuki is a family name, isn't it?  That means it can be male or female.  Even if not, let's not forget about Mizuki from Naruto!

And you're... Chinese, Japanese, Irish and Scottish?  Crazy.  PICS NOW.

----

So.  In 7th grade, I was really into ska music.  My friend got my a Less Than Jake album for my birthday and inside was a catalogue for Asian Man Records stuff.  Since they were sort of an indie label, they weren't big into internet shopping.  Mail order was their thing.  They had two complilation CDs: "Mailorder is fun!" and "Mailorder is STILL fun!"  I was a fiend at Team Fortress Classic at the time, and I was playing as the name "Shinji".  Yeah, I was 14-years-old and I thought I was super cool for using an Evangelion name.  But I wisened up and realized I had to be original.  So in tribute to my favourite record label, I changed my name to "Mailorder".

I've tried switching names a few times, but I've always found myself reverting back to Mailorder.  It just sticks.  But if I ever retire Mailorder... I may become Trigonometry or Account.  So yep.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 08:08:20 PM by Mailorder »

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 09:33:02 PM »
I have two.
Akira and Akureikaze.
Akira is what i use more frequently now, my real name, and on about three or so forums.
Akureikaze is what i had previously used, also being an IGN in a Japanese MMO i used to play.
Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!

Offline Kyzx.

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • VinnyMarano
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 09:47:27 PM »
i always thought of what handle name i would have for third strike.
i wanted it to be kinda funny but original.
out of nowhere i met this girl.
and if i said something really unique/funny she would call it a VinnyOriginal.
so i just used first initial and Original.
everyone seemed to like it more than Vmoney. [besides mason and andrew.]
so in a thirdstrike scrub tourny i wore my purple bandana like 2Pac.
so mason thought of Vpac.
and i thought it was kinda funny because i dont even like rap or hiphop.
but im gunna use VOriginal
so andrew and mason.
"go eat a dick."
"This ones for Bryan Santos!!!"

Offline Zanir

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »
Well I'm known as Zabur on other forums. I wanted something different so I changed it to Zanir.....not that much different, eh? bleh T_T
“We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.”

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 10:13:26 PM »
yeah it's generally a girl's japanese name

And you're... Chinese, Japanese, Irish and Scottish?  Crazy.  PICS NOW.

what the fuck is this game

Offline pherai

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
    • pherai.net
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 10:41:56 PM »
haha didn't realize you're that dude with like a thousand pics of himself in the show yourself thread on srk.
I heard anime expo isn't going to be that good this year...

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 11:17:08 PM »
As much as I find the tale of how I gained this name funny...it's a bit awkward to tell.  One of those "had to be there" situations involving late night debauchery and random ass humor, you know?  Anyways, I first started using the name on IRC to keep the lols rolling between the friends who were there when I gained it...and before I knew it everyone had already begun calling me Loli and it just stuck. 

I do get plenty of odd/hilarious reactions from people on the name though, so it's all good.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007, 12:23:30 AM »
My dark past includes the following evolution of names:

dr_who13, BahamutZero, BahamutZ, ChocoboZ, ChocoboZero, SaintlyChocobo, Choco/Chocy/ChocoIncognito/Legless Assassin/Kindress (all current names)

Shall I explain?  :psyduck: :psyduck:

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 06:06:48 AM »
My dark past includes the following evolution of names:

dr_who13, BahamutZero, BahamutZ, ChocoboZ, ChocoboZero, SaintlyChocobo, Choco/Chocy/ChocoIncognito/Legless Assassin/Kindress (all current names)

Shall I explain?  :psyduck: :psyduck:

Legless Assassin made me giggle.  lol  Could I get an explanation on that at least?
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 06:57:52 AM »
Legless Assassin.

Back when I still lived in Alabama, my brother (2 1/2 years older than I am) started playing Deus Ex for the first time. He decided to go through the tutorial. He was trying to make a steath/assassin type character. About 3/4th the way through the training, he gets his legs blown off by a rocket. He became the Legless Assassin :O

Moving on, I like naming the main characters in RPGs Legless. It's awesome. "RUN, LEGLESS! THEY'RE COMING!"

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • How about some Ether Drive to the face!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2007, 07:23:00 AM »
I don't know how I got this name. It was my name on Smashboards, but I don't know how I got it. I actually use to go by the name Makura, because my friend from Japan use to call me that because she liked laying on me. I didn't use that name because I assumed it was taken.
"Mmmm............ dead chicks."
             -Anonymous- (you know who you are)

Offline zantua

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 81
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 08:50:09 AM »
first i had a filipino aim sn just to be haha this is funny but i'd rather not put that up
then when i played diablo 2 i picked kirby since i really liked playing that game at that time.
so to make it my own i guess put krazy in front of it, thus krazykirby.
when i thought about it, it didn't really didn't sound original and people would have other kirby names.
so that name is kinda dead for me.
since some people call me by my last name and i guess it sounds pretty cool, i decided to use that.

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 09:57:16 AM »
I use a whole bunch of names ... they dont really mean anyhting ...to me that is ..

Animeruko is the name of my leet druid from EQOA, i only use it because i dont have to worry about seeing an animeruko01 and stupid shit like that anywhere and if you google it only thigns about me will come up.

I'm the Anime God and Ruko is a name from a JAV movie ...  Ruko is <3 name though it seems to be a girls name <.<

Offline Kix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Slayer and Galneryus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 04:30:50 AM »
I sat down and and thought of something random. That didn't sound ridiculous. Short and easy to remember. Turned out to be a gross cereal that.

I was typing something to say about that picture for the very least my own entertainment, but it turned out so remarkably rude sounding that I'll have to leave you with this instead: "YEAH-HAHAHA!"
"This port is going to be outdated faster than you can say "Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia" -Dizzynecro

Offline Q Chu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 36
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2007, 12:13:09 AM »
My name has quite a few meanings

It's sort of like Pichu, but with Q because it's the first letter of my real name, which I love because it's unique, and Q comes after P in the alphabet
It's short and easy to remember
"Chu" is the Japanese onomatopoeia for kiss, because I'm either a total player or a flaming faggot
If you say it out loud it sounds kind of like a sneeze

I'm still discovering more meanings behind it sometimes!
I sent that bitch a smiley face. Bitches  smiley faces.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2007, 01:23:02 AM »
My name has quite a few meanings

It's sort of like Pichu, but with Q because it's the first letter of my real name, which I love because it's unique, and Q comes after P in the alphabet
It's short and easy to remember
"Chu" is the Japanese onomatopoeia for kiss, because I'm either a total player or a flaming faggot
If you say it out loud it sounds kind of like an extremely cute sneeze

I'm still discovering more meanings behind it sometimes!

fix'd.
---

Offline xPwNaZnOwNx

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • A Burgundy Mishap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 02:12:39 PM »
I wanted my name to sound like I was a dick.  and having PWN along with a character name usually does the trick.

So does adding aZn.
boring style

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 02:20:01 PM »
My name is from Metal Gear Solid, one of the greatest video game franchises of all time. nuff said. I also thing it's a name that accurately describes my liking for sword characters.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Queen

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Bboy Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2007, 10:58:59 AM »
I had names from maney games on the computer
OMightyMuscels , OSnapSon , ONergal,
Then out of the "O____" phase.
SoiBean was my CS name, Which I was in a clan called "Soi" Suck On It. And I was Soi BEAN cause I was the most mexican on my team. Then there was Soisauce (azn) , Soicheese (my white bro) , Soimilk (The black guyyyy :]). But then we decided not to play anymore so I steped away from that. Soi-Soi was going to be my name but it sounded dumb to me so I decided a Original name like I would in Diablo2.
"True" but I decided to put a period so my name wasnt taken. :]
Fin. :]
"Woops."