hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: I can't sleep  (Read 5026 times)

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
I can't sleep
« on: August 13, 2009, 05:48:39 PM »
So, I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping nowadays. I am pretty sure I know the reason too. Just recently, I began watching the anime Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Now, normally when I watch an anime, I am able to watch it until like 4am then sleep till 8am. Now I can't really sleep till 6am-7am then I have to wake up at 8am. This is a crazy creepy series. It's like the Ring, except not. Oyashiro-sama has your soul.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
Re: I can't sleep
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 06:23:56 PM »
Your eyelids feel heavy? Thinking you'll fall asleep anytime, anywhere? We've got the solution! Higurashi no Naku Koro ni! 100% Guaranteed to cut your sleep by HALF!
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 10:22:09 PM »
Huh, that's strange. Higurashi has the opposite effect on me.

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 10:35:10 PM »
Solution: Watch the first four episodes. You have now completed the entire series. Delete from hard drive.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 12:15:20 AM »
really? I'm on episode 17 now and I'm still really liking the series. A lot of stuff in this still creeps me out at times, though. Dunno why, but I rather like the Shion/Mion relationship. Oh, and I'm still confused a lot by this series, hopefully all should be cleared up as I get closer to the conclusion. The first story though is scary to all hell.

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 02:07:06 AM »
yeah, the first 4 episodes scared the shit out of me, it was insane, but then i got used to it, it's a great series

btw i see i'm not the only one who sleeps only a little, some years ago i was used to go to bed early, like 12am, but now i sleep 4-5 hours a day, that's crazy

also, Rika is a top 10 loli (Satoko is superior)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:10:44 AM by Van_Artic »
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 02:14:16 AM »
Rika >>>>>> Satoko.  Nipaaaaah wins, even against the formidable Uguu.

Also, the first arc was the best at straight up creepiness I think.  The Shion arc including the followup in second season was prolly my next favorite.  I haven't started watching the third season yet.  It seems odd that there's another season when everything finally got to GOOD END at the end of second season.  I'm not really sure I want to invalidate that conclusion by watching the third season.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 02:22:31 AM »
Rika >>>>>> Satoko.  Nipaaaaah wins, even against the formidable Uguu.
but Satoko wants a Nii-Nii to pat her ;_;
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 02:25:56 AM »
really? I'm on episode 17 now and I'm still really liking the series. A lot of stuff in this still creeps me out at times, though. Dunno why, but I rather like the Shion/Mion relationship. Oh, and I'm still confused a lot by this series, hopefully all should be cleared up as I get closer to the conclusion. The first story though is scary to all hell.

Watch Kai, everything will make sense. Even if you watch the whole first season, a lot of things will still be unknown to you, like Takano/Tomitake's deaths.
And loli, you're forgetting 'mii' as well, not to mention Hanyuu.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 04:24:36 AM »
umm...ok, i just finished the first season and ... damn...I feel sad and sorry as hell for the shit Mion went through. I was screaming profanities at the screen for the stuff she was forced to go through during the Shion arc.  :'( :'( :'( There's no way I can't like anyone else but Mion after watching that, it feels like I'd be betraying her.

I finally do understand a lot of everything that happens in the series. As I am a true fan of the Suzumiya Haruhi series, this reminds me a LOT about the endless eight story from the books and the diverging possibilities that can co-exist.

I showed a friend of mine this series. Only showed them the first four episodes and didn't tell them much about the rest (or what I had seen when I showed them) and scared the hell out of them. They said they refuse to watch anymore...but that's a lie, if I approve of a series, it gets enough favoritism that every one of my friends end up watching it from start to finish.

oh, btw...it is now 5:20am and I am off to bed. wake for work at 7:45am. fun stuff. it was worth it.

one question, if nobody can enter, why was maebara keichii allowed? If this is answered in the next or follow-up series, don't answer this.

poor Mion.  :'(

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 06:25:54 AM »
Yeah, your image of Mion does a complete 180 when you watch the Police Detective arc. She really wants nothing but to be a big sister to everyone, not to mention getting K1 for herself.

It is possible that KyoAni tried to pull a Higurashi when they made Endless Eight. However, except for the 'the story repeats itself' part, there are no more similarities, since E8 is nothing but the fucking same day over and over, while the story in higurashi changes in the different arcs. Not to mention, even in the books, it's just a short part, not whole different stories going on in the same time period. Think of Kagetsu Tohya, it's more like it.

As for K1, his family was allowed because there were lots for sale. You remember yourself, the rule wasn't just 'do not enter', but also 'if you enter, do not leave', meaning entering was possible. "Do not come in" was scarcely more than an advice.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 07:36:52 AM »
Ah, ok I guessed I missed that when I was watching. Makes sense then how he got in. KT does have more in common with Higurashi than E8, that's for sure. I dunno though, I still see more common elements with E8 than with the other stories like it like KT or Reborn. I'll think about it today at work and decide on something.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 01:00:10 PM »
While higurashi is a pretty good psychological thriller (is that the right term for it? w/e), I wouldn't call it scary or something to lose sleep over...
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Gold13821

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • ...blood..melty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 02:49:02 PM »
Higurashi is one f the best animes I've ever watched. Even though I didn't like it much past the first episodes (lack of torture scenes and Shions crazy laugh), it was still worth watching. I can't wait for the last episode of REI and hopefully they'll make another season.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 03:41:55 PM »
First arc was scary stuff since I had no idea what the hell was going on in this except that people would just flip out and go into psycho mode randomly. I lost sleep over it because it was good enough that I watched it instead of slept.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 03:41:46 AM »
First arc was scary stuff since I had no idea what the hell was going on in this except that people would just flip out and go into psycho mode randomly. I lost sleep over it because it was good enough that I watched it instead of slept.

lol i know what you mean. I marathoned season 1 from like 10pm to 8am or something like that. well worth it.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2009, 10:03:58 AM »
Rika >>>>>> Satoko.  Nipaaaaah wins, even against the formidable Uguu.

Also, the first arc was the best at straight up creepiness I think.  The Shion arc including the followup in second season was prolly my next favorite.  I haven't started watching the third season yet.  It seems odd that there's another season when everything finally got to GOOD END at the end of second season.  I'm not really sure I want to invalidate that conclusion by watching the third season.

But you have to admit that Satako does have some amazing strength, remember when she pushed Keichi?
Btw. If you are such a fan of Rika you definately will like episode 1 of the ova   ;)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:06:16 AM by Iduno »
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2009, 02:20:19 PM »
You wanna sleep?

I dare you to fucking watch all of Endless Eight.

DO IT
what the fuck is this game

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 03:27:59 PM »
I might just do that sometime out of boredom.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 08:33:02 AM »
You wanna sleep?

I dare you to fucking watch all of Endless Eight.

DO IT

I did, watched them all as they came out. I was fine watching it because Haruhi = <3

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 03:07:51 AM »
The time is yet again, 4am.

I have just finished Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. I also watched all of Kai and Rei (that is out so far). This series quickly became a favorite of mine and I have to say, I really loved the entire story. First couple lines of the series "Please thank Rena for the pickles" I was thinking, ok...Rena is a neighbor and *future* love interest of main character. After watching the whole thing, I have to say, no, Keichii is not the main character as I first thought, no, Rena isn't necessarily the main love interest of said character, no, this series isn't as cliche as my first impression led me to believe. After watching the entire thing through, every story arc has importance, you cannot skip past arcs in this series.

One thing that bugged me about Rei...it is made to be canon, yet episode one happens immediately after the close of season two (S3 E2 for reference) and Takano is chill with everyone and everything is nice and happy. Why? I do not expect an answer to this. I was amazed with Chie- Ciel-sensei there in S3 E1 as well. I know this was brought up in another thread, but damn...I was rofling so much during that episode.

I chose a good time to watch this series. I just finished today 8/18. The final episode to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Rei) comes out on 8/21 and I can watch it with the entire previous stories fresh in my mind still. Although the story is another lighthearted story, it is the final episode, the final story to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and with this I think I can feel completely content with the story.

I'll miss you, Mion.  :'(

Oh, and Akasaka and Kasai are made of absolute win.

I haven't started watching the third season yet.  It seems odd that there's another season when everything finally got to GOOD END at the end of second season.  I'm not really sure I want to invalidate that conclusion by watching the third season.

The third season consists of five (5) total episodes. These five episodes occur after the conclusion to season 2 and are actually OVAs. The first episode is lol with Chie- Ciel-sensei and the Soul Brothers. The next three episodes are about Rika. The fifth (and final episode to all of Higurashi) is a silly side story about Rena (comes out on 8/21). Everything does end in a good end at the end of S2. Now we see some other stuff that they made as well.

In case you didn't know, Higurashi was a PC visual novel/detective game spanning 8 games/arcs. The first 4 are the normal Higurashi no Naku Koro ni stories while the next 4 are the Kai stories. Along with these, there were 3 other stories that were packaged with some of the games. These 3 remaining stories were put together and animated as Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei. Incidentally in case you guys are wanting to get the games in English, apparently, they are coming out for PC in the States in October. The first four in one collection with Kai releasing in January...or so what I've read from various sites. I'm thinking about picking them up so I can have more Mion.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 03:20:53 AM by ShinMasaki »

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 06:17:34 AM »
Well, for now, pick Umineko. If you liked Mion, Jessica will look awfully familiar.
As for Chie, just play Higurashi Daybreak. She even has an executor outfit, not to mention the same exact movements as Ciel, such as throwing boards like she throws her black keys.

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 05:31:31 PM »
I like Higurashi Season 1.  In fact, I love Tsumihoroboshi-hen (the second Rena arc).  One of the better things ever written.  Sucks that Higurashi Kai is totally unrelated garbage.
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.