hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Impossible art requests  (Read 10987 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Impossible art requests
« on: April 29, 2008, 11:49:34 PM »
Yo, lately I've been trying to put together a Tsukihime/Kara no Kyoukai themed Magic the Gathering set, but I've got 7 cards that I just can't seem to find a fitting picture for the life of me.  So I'm gonna post up and pray to the art gods that at least some of these impossible requests can be filled.  If you guys wanna chime in as well and request art of anything in specific, I'll see if I can't help out with what Type-Moon related art I've collected.

Anyway, on to the requests.
-Einnashe.  7th Dead Apostle.  I would prefer him as the Forest of Einnashe, but the actual dead apostle before he died and was absorbed into the forest is totally cool as well.
-Rizo-Waal Strout (aka Black Knight Strout).  6th Dead Apostle and bodyguard of Altrouge Brunstud.  Wields the Demonic sword Neardark.  Altrouge doesn't need to be in the picture, but him wielding the Neardark would definitely be a plus.
-Fina-Blood Svelten (aka White Knight Svelten).  8th Dead Apostle and also a bodyguard of Altrouge Brunstud.  Captain of a ghost ship and recognized as a Lord among vampires, so he should probably look like a ye olde english chode.  Looking like a pirate captain is also totally awesome.
-The Clock Tower.  Main headquarters of the Magic Association, located in London.  For me to be able to find some artwork for Atlas, the smaller alchemist academy branch of the Magic Association, but not this is a little baffling.  But really, I suppose any anime/manga styled clock tower could work.
-Alyesbury Valesti.  Town on the countryside of England with a large factory of some sort in it.  It's the location of a special ritual that some of the Dead Apostles are preparing.  Since this is from Tsuki 2, I don't expect to actually find anything relating to it; but as with the Clock Tower, I certainly am not opposed to any anime/manga style town that fits the bill.
-Magic Circuit.  Just any body laden with visible circuits (I seem to remember a picture of Illya's body covered in magic circuits) or some sort of artistic representation of a magic circuit itself.  It's a pretty vague thing, so I've had a lot of trouble finding something that fits.
-Inversion Impulse.  The concept of getting a sudden urge to become your alter-ego, or alternate personality.  Sort of like how Shiki gets the urge to become Nanaya at times.  This one I could potentially make, but I'd like to see if there are any good pictures out there of it already first.

Super big thanks to anyone who manages to fill the requests.  You'll be filling in those last few annoying gaps.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
Re: Impossible art requests
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 12:14:44 AM »
I like the idea, gentleman! +HEAT for you.

When I thought 'inversion impulse', I thought of this. It probably sprang to your mind already, but in case it didn't...

And as for Rizo-Waal Strout, there's this pic of him by Kuroikemono.

If I find/think of anything else, I'll post it here.
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 12:27:58 AM »
As much as I do like Akiha Vermillion, I was thinking something a little more on the lines of showing a character with some indication of the change happening.  Or even just something as simple as a character with their alter-ego image overlaid behind them (representing their alter-ego looming over them or threatening to take control) would work well.

The Rizo-Waal Strout pic is suitable though.  I've only seen the upper half of it before, so it didn't really look too appealing.  I'll throw it in unless I manage to get ahold of a better one.  Is there a textless version of it anywhere?
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 12:47:32 AM »
No, but I can try and do what I can to clean it when I have the time, if you want me to.

As for the Inversion Impulse ones, would sprites be good, or do you want only artworks?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 01:25:43 AM »
Nah, it's cool.  I'm proficient in photomanip, so I can shop out the text.  I was just curious if there was already a textless version to save time. 

As for the art v sprites issue, I'd much prefer drawn art.  I did use sprites in one of the cards already, but I'm thinking about potentially changing it.  I just haven't really found any nero art that surpasses the sprite capture yet.  As of right now I'm using

(click the picture to view the actual card)
because I like the way he melds into the blackness of the background.  It sort of reminds me of that scene from Hellsing (the orig) when Alucard changes into mostly a mass of darkness with eyes and mouths everywhere.  The official Tsuki/MB Nero art is sort of...not as satisfying.  And the chances of finding decent Nero fanart is LOL.

tl;dr - Sprites are acceptable, but art is better.
---

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 01:40:49 AM »
Hmm, aren't the abilities a bit switched? As in, he should tap to create tokens, and not to gain the bonus. Also, I daresay he should have trample instead of fear when he gets the bonus. Fear goes better with TATARI.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 02:01:59 AM »
Hmm, aren't the abilities a bit switched? As in, he should tap to create tokens, and not to gain the bonus. Also, I daresay he should have trample instead of fear when he gets the bonus. Fear goes better with TATARI.
olol, I need to take out the tap.  I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that to me yet.  haha.  I'm leaving the tokens without a tap so that you can pop out a couple per turn.  If I were going to make them a tap ability instead, I'd most likely lower the cost (which is definitely a possibility).  Also, I made it fear instead of trample because I figured it fit in with black color types better, and it's a little closer to being unblockable than trample(reflecting his AD in melty being unblockable).

Maybe I should make a thread on here with what I have so far of my Tsuki theme set?  I could always use more input.
---

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 02:09:34 AM »
Well, call if you need help with abilities.
Now that you mention it, tapping to create tokens makes it too slow for Nero, even if you lower the cost. Nero sends his zoo at will, so he should be available to do it as long as he had energy.
As for tapping for the second ability, tapping+fear or other attacking bonuses=completely useless, wouldn't be viable unless the bonus was really godfucking awesome so as to make it worth it tapping him and then using something else to untap him.
(now that I think about it, it would be a good idea if you ever wanted to make a coupled card with something...)
And Nero's AD can be blocked, it's just that he breaks through it, although you remind me of the fact that he can't be attacked either, so it's not that wrong...

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 02:24:02 AM »
Well, call if you need help with abilities.
Now that you mention it, tapping to create tokens makes it too slow for Nero, even if you lower the cost. Nero sends his zoo at will, so he should be available to do it as long as he had energy.
As for tapping for the second ability, tapping+fear or other attacking bonuses=completely useless, wouldn't be viable unless the bonus was really godfucking awesome so as to make it worth it tapping him and then using something else to untap him.
(now that I think about it, it would be a good idea if you ever wanted to make a coupled card with something...)
And Nero's AD can be blocked, it's just that he breaks through it, although you remind me of the fact that he can't be attacked either, so it's not that wrong...
Yeah, normally I wouldn't put an attacking ability coupled with a tap cost.  lol.  That was just a random mistake on my part.  You provide an interesting argument for the trample though, and honestly...he kind of fits in with the green color better than black anyway (token creation and beefing are totally green) so trample would work well with him.  It's just...he's such an evil character that it's hard not to leave him as black.  =\  Ahh...dilemmas.  But so far, the set has no green in it.  I've managed to sort everything into four main 'factions', I guess.  Humans-white, Vampires-black, Mages-blue, Demons-red.  And then there are various hybrids to encourage dual colored decks.  So I'm not really sure what I would put into the green side of the spectrum.  Most of the main Tsuki character traits don't really reflect the green character traits, you know?

lol, I might as well just make another thread for the magic set.  Otherwise this thread will veer off from it's original source of finding unknown art.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 02:27:37 AM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 02:28:38 AM »
Well, what if you made nero into a multicolor Green/Black. Now that you mention it, his abilities fit in too well with green for him to be left out of it.

Of course Neco's got to be green! Kouma reflects green well too, but you probably put him as red, which also fits him.
And have you per chance forgotten Kohaku's Garden?

As for the inversion impulse artwork, I finally found the picture of Shiki I was looking for. Now I just have to make the image for the card.
And I've been thinking... What about an altered version of the Mana Tree or the Yggdrasil as the forest of Einnashe?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 02:40:07 AM by mewofforcena »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 03:54:10 AM »
I hadn't thought of something like Yggdrasil for the forest of Einnashe.  As long as the forest looked rather spooky or vampiric in nature, then really it would work fine enough.

I look forward to the Inversion Impulse image you have in the works.  =>
---

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 05:27:28 AM »
Nice idea, but regarding the Nero Card, the description "Shapeshifter" is somewhat wrong. I would use the word Primordial Sea.

As for the concepts of the Dead Apostels, it's hard to do, because some kinds of things just aren't made for a drawing purpose. The Forest of Einnashe, e.g. is a Dead Apostle turned into a forest that appears all few hundred years(?) and eats cities and all things inside it. I thought about the forest itself eating up a city (with living trees etc) or a tall, ebony colored man with long features and long limbs, also giving him some sort of cloak with fur on the top which makes him look like a tree anyways. I'll see what I can do. Though I don't have much time.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 05:48:42 AM »
Nice idea, but regarding the Nero Card, the description "Shapeshifter" is somewhat wrong. I would use the word Primordial Sea.

As for the concepts of the Dead Apostels, it's hard to do, because some kinds of things just aren't made for a drawing purpose. The Forest of Einnashe, e.g. is a Dead Apostle turned into a forest that appears all few hundred years(?) and eats cities and all things inside it. I thought about the forest itself eating up a city (with living trees etc) or a tall, ebony colored man with long features and long limbs, also giving him some sort of cloak with fur on the top which makes him look like a tree anyways. I'll see what I can do. Though I don't have much time.
Yeah, it seems like most of them would be rather tough to draw, with the lack of a very detailed description.  And the environmental art in particular is very uncommon, since not many out there just randomly decide to draw up a city from their favorite series.  lol  But if you're down for doing some concept art to further the cause, I'm all about it.  I'd love to see your take on Strout or Svelten, and you already sound like you have some interesting ideas for Einnashe. My art skills aren't up to par with yours (well, I'm stronger in some areas, but overall I feel that you outclass me with ease) but if you'll be up to drawing some of these, I would be willing to try my hand at doing some sketches as well and seeing where it goes from there. 

And I'd like to keep the majority of the Magic discussion in the other thread for it.  Seeing this get sidetracked would be a terrible thing.  =>  But just so you know, I didn't feel like making up a character type purely for one character, so I went with the closest thing that already exists within MtG that I knew about.
---

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 07:28:07 AM »
Concerning Strout and Svelten, it is rather confusing. The common Dead Apostles and higher beings in Tsukihime (Nero, Shinso Hime etc) are VERY human-shaped and have an original but not strange look. If you watch the art of the Crow King (Gransurg Blackmore or something) or ORT, it is a HUGE difference. They look like end bosses from a Final Fantasy game, if you know what I mean.
To fit the description AND keeping originality it's a hard business for a designer. You propably know that already since you draw yourself and if you designed one or more things for other people or groups, you look at it different.

Oh and sorry about the Magic thing.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 11:41:13 AM »
Nah, don't trip about it.  As long as the thread continues on topic, there's no harm done.  Concerning Strout and Svelten...yeah.  It's rather tough to try and decide how they're going to look when some of them look so monstrous and others very humanistic.  From what it seems like to me, most of the strongest dead apostles (in terms of raw power) have very beastly or monstrous qualities to them, whereas the ones with more finesse to them (utilizing special abilities that make them strong, or having an air of superior intelligence) would have a more humanistic form, to make them seem more sophisticated.  Like I would imagine Altrouge, Ortenrosse and Van-Fem without a doubt to be very human-like in appearance.  On the other hand, those like Primate Murder, Stanrobe Calhin and Einnashe (pre-forest) I would imagine to be more centered around raw, beastly strength, and their appearance reflect that.  It's just that the ones in between like Strout and Svelten are a little harder to place.  Svelten, at least, sounds a little more humanistic because he's an old Vampire Lord.  Strout though, I would imagine a little differently than that one fanart mewofforcena posted earlier.

But like you said, fitting the description and keeping originality.  It's tough when everyone has their own ideas of what something would look like.
---

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 12:05:55 PM »
Gentleman, I ask of you, what are the sizes of the pics you want for the cards? I've already cut the images for the inversion impulse, now I only need to work a bit on the background, and to use an adequate size.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 12:23:23 PM »
Gentleman, I ask of you, what are the sizes of the pics you want for the cards? I've already cut the images for the inversion impulse, now I only need to work a bit on the background, and to use an adequate size.
The actual image size is something like 300w x 180h?  Actually, I think it was a little wider, like 310 or something.  But yeah, as long as it's not under that size, or over it by double, then it's okay.  So nothing over 600 x 350, I'd say.

Sounds like you're putting a lot of work into this.  =>
---

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 01:00:51 PM »
Well, what do you think? I'm not that great at photoshit, but if you want me to tweak something in here, just say it. I tested with a smaller size, and some undesirable details aren't really seen in the image, but I thought I'd post it with the original resolution I worked with. Again, if you want me to correct something, just tell me.

I'll try turning the land of the Mana Tree into the forest of Einnashe tomorrow.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 02:33:35 PM »
Hmm... The pic concept itself is cool, but it needs heavy retouching.
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 02:36:55 PM »
About the Nero art, what about asking Fabro Rowan to finish the one he has on Sacchin's Box? That looks pretty good.
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 07:08:27 PM »
About the Nero art, what about asking Fabro Rowan to finish the one he has on Sacchin's Box? That looks pretty good.
That's an excellent idea.  Fabro, what do you think?

Also, I just wish I could find someone in one of those ohfuckimgonnadie poses for the Inversion Impulse art.  You know?  Something like this

I have this other Akiha one I started sketching out, but a friend came over so I'm going to finish it after I get back from his place.  Maybe it will remind someone of an artwork that is similar!
---

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 02:44:58 AM »
That's an excellent idea.  Fabro, what do you think?
I agree. But doing the coloration for this picture will be a pain in the ass. :A

The pose of your picture is good, it fits the subject! But I think, something like a more surprised look and the reversed person as a shadow or transparent guy raising behind him, like the Nanaya in meow's picture, would be way more effective.

Aaah, if I just had more time I could draw all that stuff X_x

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 04:39:32 AM »
Actually, I raided Danbooru and Minitokyo for Nanaya pics, although I was looking for that one, and I didn't find any like that, unfortunately.

I deeply apologize, it's just that when you mentioned the character's alter-ego behind him/her, I thought of that one (although it's a pain in my hairy arse to cut that, and no way I could completely take out the red, so I used a red gradient in the background).

As for the surprised look, I daresay you should use Akiha in that case, there aren't that many Shiki artworks or fanarts that can give you that. If you want an official artwork for her starting to give in to her urges, there's this one.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 04:44:20 AM by mewofforcena »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 12:39:03 PM »
Actually, I raided Danbooru and Minitokyo for Nanaya pics, although I was looking for that one, and I didn't find any like that, unfortunately.

I deeply apologize, it's just that when you mentioned the character's alter-ego behind him/her, I thought of that one (although it's a pain in my hairy arse to cut that, and no way I could completely take out the red, so I used a red gradient in the background).

As for the surprised look, I daresay you should use Akiha in that case, there aren't that many Shiki artworks or fanarts that can give you that. If you want an official artwork for her starting to give in to her urges, there's this one.

Oshi, that's perfect.  I'm going to use that with a v.akiha image behind or something.  Thanks.  =>
---

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 01:50:14 PM »
...You called?

FGO Friend Code: 221252074