When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 406916 times)

Offline Alucard

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #1425 on: February 19, 2011, 04:51:19 PM »
Al alright got it

Offline Tony Shiki

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Backdash x ∞
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 21, 2011, 06:32:13 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm am from New Jersey (Near Newark). Heard about this game from The_505 and it is pretty badass, I also play SSF4 and MVC3. I like simple characters when first starting out, so I choose H.Tohno Shiki. Was at NECXI (spectating) and will be at Winter Brawl 5 in teams and possibly singles.   
The safe word is "Counter!!".
"I don't like how now a days you have to pay 60 dollars to play a fighting game beta"- Zaelar

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #1427 on: February 21, 2011, 07:57:27 PM »
Must be nice.......................
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline frozenbread

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • cHiLLy3lOOd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 28, 2011, 08:59:28 AM »
i'm looking for meet ups and/or gatherings in the (NYC)Manhattan/Brooklyn/Queens/Bronx area.
even if i still suck at this game.
let me know.

Chinatown Fair
R.I.P.
********************************************************************************

Offline Airthrows

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • No longer free, just relatively inexpesive
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 28, 2011, 09:51:33 AM »
Hey Everyone. I thought since I met a lot of you at Winter Brawl, I should sign up here. Let's see; what to say about me...
- I'm training partners with The505 and Tony Shiki
- I main C. Ryougi and I'm working on trying to get down all her moons
- I've been to 2 majors; NECXI (Spectating) and Winter Brawl 5 (Tied 13th; MBAA - Singles)
- MBAA is My First Serious Fighter  ;D

Had fun hanging out with you guys during Winter Brawl and I'll see you all at Summer Slam (or whatever the hell its called  :D )
The person for you to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a controller in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do: and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #1430 on: February 28, 2011, 11:07:17 AM »
What's up with all these C-Ryougi players coming out of nowhere. I thought Rei was the only one with the exception of me................... Also, I've been playing C-Ryougi since last summer but haven't been able to practice the game since obtaining it at the end of last year. Me & Quotes found out we were maining her but he plays H when we went to LK's house to learn how to play. That was fun, wanna do it again.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:56:55 PM by dumba989 »
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 28, 2011, 12:39:52 PM »
What's up with all these C-Ryougi players coming out of nowhere. I thought Rei was the only one with the exception of me...................

lolno.

I didn't meet you Sophomore, but I'll assume you live next to Tony Shiki/The505 as well. Make sure you guys get off the emulator since its input buffer is generally bad, and get a real ps2. Looking to seeing you guys at tourneys and gatherings in the future since you're all from NJ as well
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Tony Shiki

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Backdash x ∞
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 28, 2011, 05:22:56 PM »
Yeah, we all live in the same town. We are working on getting that PS2 asap, we went back that night on the computer and it was horrible!!
The safe word is "Counter!!".
"I don't like how now a days you have to pay 60 dollars to play a fighting game beta"- Zaelar

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #1433 on: February 28, 2011, 05:52:17 PM »
What's up with all these C-Ryougi players coming out of nowhere. I thought Rei was the only one with the exception of me...................

lolno.

I didn't meet you Sophomore, but I'll assume you live next to Tony Shiki/The505 as well. Make sure you guys get off the emulator since its input buffer is generally bad, and get a real ps2. Looking to seeing you guys at tourneys and gatherings in the future since you're all from NJ as well

I friggin WISH I lived back in NJ again, but I'm in the land of tumbleweed, Georgia...........................
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Airthrows

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • No longer free, just relatively inexpesive
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 01, 2011, 07:20:48 AM »

Yeah we live within the same square mile but that emulator is pure garbage. But untill we get the ps2 running right, it's all I got. I was wearing a black and white plaid throwover most of the tourney and was playing casuals with shadow before singles. If you come to eastcoast throwdown, we'll get in some matches  ;D.
The person for you to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a controller in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do: and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot.

Offline wauhti

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • What are you glaring at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 17, 2011, 10:47:12 AM »
Reintroducing. I have played MBAC and just started playing MBAA. Also I have played lots SSFIV lately (1187 hours)

Copy paste from SF4F forums:

Quote from: wauhti
Hi, I'm Jani, 19 years old guy and bassist from Finland. I'm new to this forum, so I'll introduce myself.

I am true 2D fighting game fan and I most like Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Guilty Gear and Melty Blood series. I use pad to playing games besides sticks. I own one, but I can't playing at my 100% with stick.

My hobby is ITF* Taekwon-Do and I've practiced now 3 years and got blue belt with red stripe (3. Gup). My previous hobby was basketball and I quited after 5 years of playing it. My basketball mates was calling me always wauhti and I didn't like it at all first, then it is my oldest nickname now :D And also quited to playing in my band called "Eclipsium" and my big sister were leader and drummer in this project. In my free time I'll bicycle sometimes or playing my bass.

Also I'm Co-Leader and best sniper since 2006 in "Tuonelan Legioona" at Socom series and it ranked now European top 7 in Confrontation: Cold Front ladder (http://confrontation.ps3.consolegaming.eu/stats.php?id=2725).

And I like watch and read animes/mangas/visualnovels/light novels. There's so many series, what I'll follow (over 40+). My favorite series is TYPE-MOON studio's made (Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, Kara no Kyoukai AKA the Garden of Sinners, Melty Blood)

Clan Forums: http://fod.foorumit.fi/portal.php

* = International Taekwon-do Federation

Vauhti means speed :)

Introduced.

Greetings: wauhti from Finland

In this world, Never knows best

Offline King0427

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 28, 2011, 02:06:00 AM »
Righto, I guess it's time for introductions. ;D
(Which I am not so good at...)

Well, I am King0427, started playing Melty Blood recently.
Pretty fun game.

My main character so far is Kouma Kishima.

I think that's all for now. ;D

Offline Omicron Austin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Downright Fierce
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: May 05, 2011, 04:32:19 PM »
Hey everyone.

I live in STL, MO sometimes, Columbia, MO the rest of the time (I go to college in Columbia).  I've mostly been playing SSFIV and MvC3, as the scene here is...passable.  However, I've recently got into Melty Blood, and I enjoy the hell out of it.  Right now, I'm trying to find a Melty scene, though...hopefully there are a few people.  If not, oh well.

I'm currently playing V Akiha, and have been since Act Cadenza.  Not sure if that will change with time, as I'm pretty new to the game.

Offline Roy-Kr

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: May 15, 2011, 03:45:28 AM »
Hello, names' Roy, Norwegian.

My main interests are Type-Moon, 7th Expansion, Touhou and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Although it's been about 5 years since i read Tsukihime, i only recently started playing melty actively.
I've been playing Hisoutensoku for 9 months and I've always admired the beauty of Melty Bloods aerial combos.

I've had the original Melty Blood for quite some time, though i never really played it. I got Act Cadenza about a week ago and I've been enjoying it a lot thanks to the Melty Blood Caster.

Here's a list of the games i have and who i play with.
Hisoutensoku: Sakuya or random select.
Melty Blood: Akiha, instinctively chose her my first time and stuck with her ever since.
Guilty Gear: I hardly play it, but when i do, i choose Bridget. Haven't even tried anyone else.
Ougon Musou: I only played it for a day, but i prefer Battler and Kanon.
Tekken 6: I don't really like the game, but if i play it, i play Ling Xiaoyu
Super Street Fighter IV: I have it, but found it boring so i don't play it.
Mortal Kombat (PS3): I don't like it simply because of the way the blocking works, but if i play, i use Johnny Cage.

Offline doogie

• Apprentice
  • AOKO BEAM!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: May 16, 2011, 12:18:05 PM »
Hello my name is Doogie!

Just getting into melty more. I use aoko full moon and thats about it lol
Nice to meet everyone ! :prinny:

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: May 16, 2011, 12:20:54 PM »
Hello my name is Doogie!

Just getting into melty more. I use aoko full moon and thats about it lol
Nice to meet everyone ! :prinny:

What do you mean and that's about it? What happened to the H-Kouma!?
It makes me sick to think I was fucking a woman who was having sex with an alligator.

Offline doogie

• Apprentice
  • AOKO BEAM!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: May 16, 2011, 01:12:52 PM »
H KOUMA IS A SECRET DAMN  !!! :blah: now everyones going to prepare for the H-Kouma raid im going to make happen next tournament or casuals

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: May 16, 2011, 02:00:43 PM »
oops
It makes me sick to think I was fucking a woman who was having sex with an alligator.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: May 16, 2011, 02:19:51 PM »
H KOUMA IS A SECRET DAMN  !!! :blah: now everyones going to prepare for the H-Kouma raid im going to make happen next tournament or casuals

SUP BRAH.

Let's get games in sometimes since you live mad close.

[Pick one character to learn and grind btw]
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline doogie

• Apprentice
  • AOKO BEAM!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: May 16, 2011, 04:25:30 PM »
Yes aoko Full is the grinder  i will be working on. Definite a must rokunaya

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #1445 on: May 17, 2011, 01:45:34 AM »

I promise you I won't prepare for H-Kouma. 

Anyway, the next major tournament is BBG.  Since it's Melty only it's a good way to meet a lot of the (remaining) community.  http://www.meltybread.com/forums/tournaments-and-events/battle-by-the-gazebo-redux/ <- Check it out here.  That goes for all the new guys.
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Lukahn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: May 19, 2011, 06:56:24 AM »
Hi. Here I'm introducing myself !

I'm 20, soon having my dimploma in computer science.

Well I'm actually a fuc***g noob at Melty Blood. But I'm deeply interested on improving myself and play this game at competitive level.

Story Time : I'm a big fan of Type Moon's works, so I already tried Melty Blood, but just so I knew what it would be like. I did not wish to improve a bit in this game since I'm usually not into 2D fighting games. Something like three days ago, I saw a vid on youtube featuring high level play, and the only thing I could think was "Wow this game kicks some a**", so here I am, wanting to improve on the game. Anyway, I'm just starting it today.

I'll add that I play other games in a competitive way. Super Smash Bros Melee (SSBM) and Pokemon. Melee because this game's so intense, there is so much hype in it, I've never seen this in any other game. And Pokémon... well it rocks. Period xD. In Melee I main Sheik and Marth. And in Pokémon, I play something like Heatran/Rotom-W/Viridium/Gliscor/Scizor/Latios in 5G overused metagame. Play me anytime (well for SSBM, since I'm French, it would be a little difficult) I'm also a big fan of RPG-based games and my favorite one is Final Fantasy VII.

I'm thinking about playing Ryougi or Arcueid in Melty Blood Actress Again.

I've a sooooo very good feeling about this game (hyyyyype), so here I am. Nice to meet you all !

PS : Sorry, my english sucks hard.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #1447 on: May 19, 2011, 07:02:37 AM »
Hi. Here I'm introducing myself !

I'm 20, soon having my dimploma in computer science.

Well I'm actually a fuc***g noob at Melty Blood. But I'm deeply interested on improving myself and play this game at competitive level.

Story Time : I'm a big fan of Type Moon's works, so I already tried Melty Blood, but just so I knew what it would be like. I did not wish to improve a bit in this game since I'm usually not into 2D fighting games. Something like three days ago, I saw a vid on youtube featuring high level play, and the only thing I could think was "Wow this game kicks some a**", so here I am, wanting to improve on the game. Anyway, I'm just starting it today.

I'll add that I play other games in a competitive way. Super Smash Bros Melee (SSBM) and Pokemon. Melee because this game's so intense, there is so much hype in it, I've never seen this in any other game. And Pokémon... well it rocks. Period xD. In Melee I main Sheik and Marth. And in Pokémon, I play something like Heatran/Rotom-W/Viridium/Gliscor/Scizor/Latios in 5G overused metagame. Play me anytime (well for SSBM, since I'm French, it would be a little difficult) I'm also a big fan of RPG-based games and my favorite one is Final Fantasy VII.

I'm thinking about playing Ryougi or Arcueid in Melty Blood Actress Again.

I've a sooooo very good feeling about this game (hyyyyype), so here I am. Nice to meet you all !

PS : Sorry, my english sucks hard.

Main Arcueid, it will be more difficult and give you stronger fundamentals from the start. 
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Lukahn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: May 19, 2011, 09:48:08 AM »
Main Arcueid, it will be more difficult and give you stronger fundamentals from the start. 

Thanks I'll do that.

Offline jandrmayers

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: May 25, 2011, 04:15:20 PM »
How is it going , im from lumberton nc just recently got mbaa only three days ago (however have been interested for a couple of months now), I am a avid blazblue player (main/tager), right now in mb i am using nero i was plaining on playing him ever since discovered the game ( by the way why is his char forum so dead any one know lol) but i am interested in tohno akiha, len (dark and white), and a couple others, as far as i know there is no mb scene here but i plan on trying to change that (wish me luck). Well i guess thats bout it for now if anyone happens to live near my area hit me up (hopefully some fayetteville nc ppl here since fort bragg is biggest armybase in usa)