When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 407053 times)

Offline Erthkwake

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • F-Powerd Ciel main.
    • View Profile
Erthkwake's amazing intro
« Reply #1675 on: March 30, 2014, 05:25:00 PM »
I'm a somewhat novice, F-Powerd Ciel main from Maine (playing on a keyboard).  As far as I know, there is no real "scene" up here.

Look me up on Steam sometime if you want to play a few games.

I also have an Xfire, but I'm rarely online.  I mainly use it to contact people who don't use Steam as much.
You can find me on Steam and Xfire also as Erthkwake.

Offline gemi+

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #1676 on: June 28, 2014, 01:58:29 PM »
Hey everyone. I usually go by gemininoiser online (gemigumi now for everything but psn), perhaps you've seen me in other fighters.

I'm completely new to Melty Blood, but have played other airdashers. Mostly Blazblue, but also Persona, Guilty Gear, Arcana Heart. I'm looking to get into playing this game too, however I'd like to know if this game is still alive. I'm not really afraid to fight veterans, but I don't really know if I'd put the time into this game, if I  can't find anyone to play against.

Region would be east coast.

Anyways nice to meet you all.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:28:13 PM by gemigumi »

Offline joshb911

• Apprentice
  • um.... IDK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: February 07, 2015, 09:48:16 AM »
YO I'm josh (joshb911 online) and I'm coming from skullgirls.  I'm from Massachusetts and I love playing fighting games competitively.  I'm looking at maining v. akhia (I just started playing this game like a week ago so I still suck lol).  Um....  I really like street fighter and playing shotos so this game is perfect for me (parry hype!!!).  I don't really have a scene yet cause I just started...  I have no idea if melty is still a thing on here but who knows :^)

Offline joshb911

• Apprentice
  • um.... IDK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: February 07, 2015, 11:17:46 AM »
I have no idea if melty is still a thing on here but who knows :^)

There is a fairly active online scene since the online rollback client was released. You can find people to play against on the mizuumi IRC channels: #frenchbread and #mbaa

or you can try the lobbies at http://seemeinmelty.meteor.com/
Thanks dude man

Offline Smyther

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: September 27, 2015, 04:00:15 PM »
Hi,

Me and some friends on steam used to play Touhou 12.3, but then life got busier and we got bored of that game. Now we've got a bit more free time and have gotten a little bored of our usual games, and we've been playing MBAACC for the last 3 months.

Hopefully we're not too late in picking up this game to have anyone but ourselves to talk about it with.

Offline Phil_

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: December 24, 2015, 01:59:10 AM »
Hello, I'm Phil from seemeinmelty.meteor.com. I am kinda been living in a cave when it comes to registering and stuff so I always feel daunted by the task. Anything that has email validation and/or non-browser client installation is my worst enemy  :slowpoke:. That's why I find the simple username & password registration of seemeinmelty to be a lifesaver  :prinny:.

Anyway, I'm celebrating this momentous occasion by coinciding my registering with one of the most celebrated holiday and on the half of the decade and probably aligning with the stars and stuff (lol). Okay real reason would be the combination of the need to let the seemeinmelty creator know that the lobby creation system broke, my country's net speed probably got throttled so I can't netplay with astronomically high delay so I can only do non-ingame stuffs and coincidentally Melty getting on Steam announcement so I'll just have to be content with helping some (hopefully) new people with some of the frequently asked questions and stuffs.

On that note I'm thinking of making a super-beginner-w/-zero-knowledge-beforehand-whatsoever-guide-for-dummies for the potential new players who for some reason or another bought the game on steam even though they don't even have a clue on what a fighting game is. I consider myself a beginner also but I got help from the very helpful guys at seemeinmelty but (especially w/ the current broken lobby situation) I also want to share what I learned with others in at least easing a complete clueless noob into the game. Is there a time limit of editing posts by the way? What if I make a "reserved" post to be edited in the future? Should I worry about any time limit on editing said post? Or is there no edit time limit whatsoever so I can safely make a blank post for future expansion in case the word count limit has been reached on my 1st post?

Anyways, I'd also like to say hi to everyone at the seemeinmelty lobby. I'm finally here at MeltyBread, now I think I'm gonna be automatically banned at for fun casual/beginner online "tourneys" just by being a member here lol. My options suddenly just became limited XD :toot:...   :V :bricks: :psyduck:  :slowpoke:  :prinny:

Phil: It seems I'm too noob for Melty Bread to make a guide.. And with the Melty Steam release deadline coming, I don't know how much do I have to be good enough to make it in time. Looks like I have to find out how to do this on my then... T.T

Offline Corey

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: January 02, 2016, 01:16:49 PM »
If you're in Europe and reading this, I'm letting you know most of the players are on Discord.
Here is the invite link: https://discordapp.com/invite/0TJ5ma4C19VUCEeV

Did I mention we're awesome and friendly?

Offline KFL

• NTRs dakimakuras
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 19, 2016, 06:52:56 PM »
It's been a while since I've been here so I want to reintroduce myself.
Hi, my name is KFL.
 :V

Offline Sealophile

• Apprentice
  • High school player from SoFlo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: April 21, 2016, 05:58:55 AM »
What's up, everybody. I'm Sealophile, a completely new player from SoFlo. Before the announcement of the Steam release, I had never heard of this game except for a few references here and there. However, I've decided to pick up the game and learn a little bit. The thing is, I've never been a huge player of fighting games, except Melee.

So, for the longest time, I've been wanting to get into one. Just launching the game once told me everything I needed to know to like this game- I really like the music and characters. I haven't decided completely on a character I want to focus on right away, but I'm sure I'll settle in sometime. Anyway, there's not really a 'scene' for MB where I'm from. There's a lot of people going to monthlies and weeklies for other fighting games, but not this one. Hopefully, with the release of the Steam version, some more people might get into the game.

That's it from me. I've got a lot of practice to do.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 21, 2016, 09:27:51 PM »
What's up, everybody. I'm Sealophile, a completely new player from SoFlo.

Welcome to the forums.

There are some people that play in FL. They might not come by the forums much anymore, but they still play. There is also and arcade that has a melty cab running mbaacc.
http://www.arcadeodyssey.com/gamesinthearcade.htm

Offline corner carry

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: June 11, 2016, 06:05:47 PM »
Greetings from Europe!

Offline Duke Tresnor

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: July 01, 2016, 03:47:43 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm from NorCal, more specifically Berkeley. I play F-VAkiha most of the time, not very good at all though. I don't really know what my scene is like, Interested in figuring it out!

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: July 03, 2016, 05:16:31 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm from NorCal, more specifically Berkeley. I play F-VAkiha most of the time, not very good at all though. I don't really know what my scene is like, Interested in figuring it out!

Are you already in the Melty Blood Discord channel? You can find a lo of people there and useful info (besides here): https://discordapp.com/invite/0TJ5ma4C19VUCEeV
If you don't laugh, you don't live.

Twitter: @heavymetalmixer

Offline spaceghost3001k

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: July 08, 2016, 05:47:21 AM »
Hi, I'm spaceghost. New to melty kinda. Tried it out a few times but never went full on into the game. Right now I'm enjoying C-Hisui. Hope to see you all at tourneys!

Offline MutedSilence

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: July 19, 2016, 05:56:31 AM »
Hi everybody. I'm MutedSilence (Can just call me Mute for short).

I recently purcshased Melty Blood on Steam and I believe to have found the perfect fighting game for me. I love everything about it and I'm glad to have stumbled upon this community.

I am very passionate and really want to learn the game, I play as Arcueid Brunestud and Aozaki Aoko, I have a very aggresive play style, but am by no means an expert, as I said, I am new to Melty Blood and I am probably what you guys consider to be the noobest of noobism or something lol.

Regardless, glad to be here, hope to learn a lot from you guys.

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: July 19, 2016, 06:43:53 AM »
Hi everybody. I'm MutedSilence (Can just call me Mute for short).

I recently purcshased Melty Blood on Steam and I believe to have found the perfect fighting game for me. I love everything about it and I'm glad to have stumbled upon this community.

I am very passionate and really want to learn the game, I play as Arcueid Brunestud and Aozaki Aoko, I have a very aggresive play style, but am by no means an expert, as I said, I am new to Melty Blood and I am probably what you guys consider to be the noobest of noobism or something lol.

Regardless, glad to be here, hope to learn a lot from you guys.

I don't know if you already played enough the game on Steam, but it's known for having a massive ammount of lag. Download the other version (some people call it the "Carnival version"), the Mirror Moon patch 0.52 and the Cccaster 3.0.018. That way your experience online will be way smoother.

After that, to find players go to this Discord channel: https://discordapp.com/invite/0TJ5ma4C19VUCEeV

Offline MutedSilence

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: July 19, 2016, 09:35:02 AM »
I don't know if I'm a good match for anyone yet considering how much of a 'noob' I am at Melty, but I'll definitely give it a shot! Thank you.

Offline Festival

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: July 05, 2017, 11:38:04 PM »
Technically new player here. I played Melty every once in a while with a friend just to mess around, but I've decided to make a full dive in.

I started playing fighters casually with TvC back in '09, but I started getting really competitive in '13. My main game is Guilty Gear Xrd.

It's cool to be here. Thanks for having me!

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: July 15, 2017, 03:52:04 PM »
Technically new player here. I played Melty every once in a while with a friend just to mess around, but I've decided to make a full dive in.

I started playing fighters casually with TvC back in '09, but I started getting really competitive in '13. My main game is Guilty Gear Xrd.

It's cool to be here. Thanks for having me!

The activity usually happens in the discord server: https://discordapp.com/invite/0TJ5ma4C19VUCEeV

Offline Bede!

• Apprentice
  • Praise be to Prosciutto!
    • View Profile
    • cringe twitter
« Reply #1694 on: September 01, 2021, 09:15:56 AM »
Hi, I'm Bede! :nyoro:
I stumbled across the rotting ruins of this forum after looking up Lumina. This forum isn't blocked on my school computers for some reason...

I play Melty casually right now but with the new game release and the clusterfuck of Neco-Arc memes on Twitter I'm looking to get serious about the game.
I main Shiki Tohno and Arcrueid, and I like playing Necos and Sion too. I mainly compete in SSBU, but I'm looking to expand to Type Lumina and Nick ASB.
Looking forward to talking with the people that still remain here. Hopefully more members will come in when Lumina launches.

*epically bumps 4 year old thread*

edit 9/22/21: added buncha shit and cleaned up a bit
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:39:36 AM by Bede! »
Rise to the occasion. The scarlet night calls your name...

https://www.twitter.com/wannabedev64