hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 407568 times)

Offline Capella

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #525 on: February 19, 2008, 05:30:11 PM »
Hello meltybread, I'm Capella from central CA. I've been lurking this board for months but decided to register because I have decided to step up from scrubbiness. I started MBR:FT around the same time I started reading Tsukihime, and became a huge TM fanboy. MeltyBlood was the first fighting game I ever got into so I am like extra-scrubby  :psyduck:. I'm going to ask here, since I don't want to make a whole thread for it, but does anybody know the keyboard controls for MB:AC, I need to know them to attempt to configure my X-Arcade  :mystery:.

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 20, 2008, 04:19:57 AM »
Hello meltybread, I'm Capella from central CA. I've been lurking this board for months but decided to register because I have decided to step up from scrubbiness. I started MBR:FT around the same time I started reading Tsukihime, and became a huge TM fanboy. MeltyBlood was the first fighting game I ever got into so I am like extra-scrubby  :psyduck:. I'm going to ask here, since I don't want to make a whole thread for it, but does anybody know the keyboard controls for MB:AC, I need to know them to attempt to configure my X-Arcade  :mystery:.
Oh pick me pick me
i played keyboard for a long time (untill i figured out controller was better.)
Player1:
n-light
m-mrdium
,-heavy
.-sheild
up arrow-up
down arrow-down
left arrow-left
right arrow-right

Player2:
z-light
x-mrdium
c-heavy
v-sheild
t-up
g-down
f-left
h-right
Me and kix used to play 2 player on keyboard (not advised especially when one of you has arthritis)
very close and uncomfortable 4 four hands to be on 1 keyboard especially so close)
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."
"Oh, N, as in knife" "...yes..."

Offline Capella

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 20, 2008, 03:47:02 PM »
Ninjanero, words cannot express my gratitude, I looked all over for that information, and now have it (I had resolved to figure it out by trial and error, what a pain that would have been). I was a bit dismayed when my brand new $120 controller didn't work with the gamepad configuration, it works by binding input to keyboard keys, but with this I can program both sides.  :prinny: :prinny: :prinny:

Offline lichu123

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 21, 2008, 07:05:16 PM »
Hi all, i'm new to this game and this forum.  I'm from Northern CA. I'm having alot of problem with the combo system. it's much faster than other fighting games and kind of different than MVC2. it looks like, i have to be very quick for some combo to chain. Hopefully i will get better soon. peace.

Offline DarkSaint

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • You already know
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 22, 2008, 01:39:36 PM »
What's going on MB
Ciel user, trying to be the rookie of the year :toot:
Coming out of New Jersey(they say that there are MB players out here, but I can't find them :mystery:)
<kijea> anyone pick me up for AM4
<kijea> plz
<kijea> i will suck ur dick

Offline Alternate275

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Tourney Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • ROUND 2
« Reply #530 on: February 23, 2008, 01:16:04 PM »
MB Rookie, saying hi, since I never got around to introducing myself.

NAME: Alternate275 (Alty or Alt for short)
LOCATION: Georgia (I'll travel around for tourney events in the state)
HOBBIES: Watching combo videos, writing guides, looking up frame data
GAMES: An incredible dose of fighting games of all types. Occasionally will play an RPG or so.
FAVORITE GAMES: Any games enlisted at EVO or SBO

.::ABOUT ME::.

ANIME

SOFTWARE

PERSONAL

.::PROUD MEMBER OF::.

Love fighting games? Check us out =3
http://round2.Forumer.com

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #531 on: February 23, 2008, 02:05:05 PM »
Welcome to Melty Bread Alternate!

You should try hitting up Final Round!

http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=658.0

Right in Atlanta, we'll be holding a tournament on Sunday in a few weeks!

DarkSaint, there are definitely players in NJ, I'm one of them!

As is LordKnight, Jiyuana, Zaelar, and a few others!

:3!
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Alternate275

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Tourney Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • ROUND 2
« Reply #532 on: February 23, 2008, 07:04:45 PM »
Welcome to Melty Bread Alternate!

You should try hitting up Final Round!

http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=658.0

Right in Atlanta, we'll be holding a tournament on Sunday in a few weeks!

DarkSaint, there are definitely players in NJ, I'm one of them!

As is LordKnight, Jiyuana, Zaelar, and a few others!

:3!

OH I ALREADY PRE-REGISTERED! <3
Thanks for the heads up anyway though =D
I'd love to enter the MB tourney though... Unfortunately, I'm not sure
if I can make it on Sunday... BUT! I'll be there on Saturday for sure! =D

"IF" I make it Sunday, I'll definitely join the MB tournament =3
Love fighting games? Check us out =3
http://round2.Forumer.com

Offline ObiWanBaloney

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
----
« Reply #533 on: February 29, 2008, 12:01:49 PM »
Oh seems like I overlooked this. Anyways,

Name: Alex
Main: Warakia
Location: Irvine on weekdays, Fullerton on weekends <== which means AI

I'm the only Wara player (and only Anji player on GG) at AI so if you go there you'll know me when you see me. It's a shame that I hear on IRC that they're selling the Melty machine there though.

Offline Screwtape

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 01, 2008, 02:53:05 PM »
Hello, Vermillion Akiha user here. I've played the PC version on and off for almost half a year now but only bought the PS2 version recently and started playing serious.

I'm from Toronto and apparently there is an arcade 10 minutes from where I work so maybe I'll see some of you there in the future :)

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #535 on: March 01, 2008, 03:01:37 PM »
Don't play the PS2 version, the PC version (ver B) is the current standard.

;3
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Moku

• Apprentice
  • BaconLord
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 01, 2008, 04:41:59 PM »
Vakiha player. Now with that out of the way.

My name is Jeffrey, but my friends call me Jeff, Garth, or Macgyver depending on who you ask. My blood type is O+ and I was born under Gemini. I enjoy playing go after school and online on kgs. I brake Swedish law on a dally basis, watch excessive amounts of anime and I answer my phone calls “moshi moshi” to the confusion of telemarketers. When the train cart is empty I recite lines of Shakespeare. I have never had blue cheese. I eat with chop sticks when ever possible. I have duck tape on me at all times. I use dice to make minor dictions. I sing loudly in Japanese when I think no one is looking. I don’t use mayonnaise. I never drive, but prefer public transportation, and I watch basically no TV, witch makes me some what socially inept. I prefer finding questions instead of answers. Mountain due does not glow in the dark. I’ve read legal documents for fun. I have fought a professional wrestler and have been to Canada over 100 times in one day. I play canon in D excessively.  I can sing the periodic table of elements. I have found all Nine Billion Names of God and then signal handily stopped the universe form unraveling. Some one once put me on you tube for doing a dance.  I ‘ve done battle on a moving train. I have been invited to sing for the pope, the president, and most importantly the boston redsox. I can go three days with out sleeping, enduring minor halusinations.
If its hard to read, I'm dyslexia.

Offline Reiku Tohno

• Spellcaster
  • "It's amazing really, how I was born...I just..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 01, 2008, 06:00:14 PM »
is there someone here from the Philippines, besides me?
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6500/sigcopykb8.gif
I Blaze, I Freeze, I Soar, I Strengthen, I Spark, I Roar... I Strike, I Hit, I Dash, I Guard, I Fly, I Force... I Tick, I Contain, I Live, I Die, I Shine, I Shadow... I Exist...
[19 Powers of the Angel]

Offline MeltyGamer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Cleaning House
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 03, 2008, 11:29:35 AM »
hello everyone, I am just another gamer who is interested in melty blood :). Recently ive found out about melty blood including the tsukihime anime and uh, just now finding out about it in 2008 ^_^;. Wish i knew about it sooner..

i dont have a character i play with yet, i have yet to receive my copy of cadenza version B.

I am from kansas city :) and i hope to learn a great deal from these forums. I do have some questions i would like to post but at the moment i do not know where.  ???

« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 11:32:18 AM by MeltyGamer »
Kohaku Player: Color 06
Kohaku&Hisui Player: Color 06

Offline Dio

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 52
  • WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 03, 2008, 11:42:38 AM »
hello everyone, I am just another gamer who is interested in melty blood :). Recently ive found out about melty blood including the tsukihime anime and uh, just now finding out about it in 2008 ^_^;. Wish i knew about it sooner..

i dont have a character i play with yet, i have yet to receive my copy of cadenza version B.

I am from kansas city :) and i hope to learn a great deal from these forums. I do have some questions i would like to post but at the moment i do not know where.  ???

The tsukihime anime is horrible compared to the source material. Play the visual novel and read the manga.

In fact, most people deny it even exists.
Dark genius that descended into the gambling apocalypse. What lies behind his eyes is endless jazz.

Offline MeltyGamer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Cleaning House
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: March 03, 2008, 11:57:06 AM »

The tsukihime anime is horrible compared to the source material. Play the visual novel and read the manga.

In fact, most people deny it even exists.

yes, i am currently reading the melty blood manga, but i cannot find the tsukihime manga. Also, where might i find this ''visual novel''? :)
Kohaku Player: Color 06
Kohaku&Hisui Player: Color 06

Offline Dio

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 03, 2008, 12:02:27 PM »
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CTWQMNZ2
^First 3 volumes of the Tsukihime manga^

--- Link has been Kyokushi: Nanaya'ed by Melty Mods.  No [software] pirating on here, please. We cannot condone this practice on this board. :slowpoke:---
^Here's the actual game^. Ask me on how to install it if you need to, and 

here's the translation patch
http://rapidshare.com/files/70079518/tsukihime_english_v1.1_mirror_moon_.exe

A visual novel is basically a book, but with background pictures and music, and your choices affect the stories' outcome. That is what Tsukihime originally was. The anime was a failed attempt to portray it.
Here's some screenshots, both of the beta and final product.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 07:57:51 PM by Arlieth Tralare »
Dark genius that descended into the gambling apocalypse. What lies behind his eyes is endless jazz.

Offline Xavori

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 03, 2008, 07:11:37 PM »
Ummm... *bow* nice to meet you guys. I've been a long time lurker and figured now would be as good a time as any to end that. ^^;;

I hear Irovax is... perhaps not WELL known, but somewhat known around here...? I'd say "please don't pick on her too much," but she'll probably be the one who defends me. Ahaha...

Warakiha is my schoolmate. I don't know if he's registered on here yet, but I've seen him a few times on IRC. I apologize; it might have been I who disillusioned him into believing that Arc Driving every time he reaches 100% is a good idea... >.<;;

I main as Ciel, but I play a bit unorthodoxically, so I'm looking forward to being able to see how she should be played.

どうぞよろしく。
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 07:14:32 PM by Xavori »

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #543 on: March 03, 2008, 08:01:15 PM »
Irovax is female? O_O

Also, please note our Mod Edit on Dio's post above. No linking to pirated software, please.
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 04, 2008, 10:42:34 AM »
Hey all Holierthanu here. I hail from Phoenix AZ and have been playing melty blood rather casually for the past year. I was more into GG since my local arcade actually had a machine but not many people seemed to play it focusing on the button smashing MVC2. But now ive learned about netplay. Been lurking here for about a month and decided id try to get good enough to go to West Toast someday, so ill probably post asking random questions or giving my limited 2 cents. I main Akiha Tohno though im also trying to learn Warc and Ciel a bit, allthough sion has been catching my eye as well. Youll probably find me also lurking in the MBAC irc channel.

Also if anyone can give me advice on how to lift my 2 ton thumb of the dpad so I stop useing EX flameribbon like a tard in Akihas corner BnB id be all up for it.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Dio

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 04, 2008, 10:52:00 AM »
Hey all Holierthanu here. I hail from Phoenix AZ and have been playing melty blood rather casually for the past year. I was more into GG since my local arcade actually had a machine but not many people seemed to play it focusing on the button smashing MVC2. But now ive learned about netplay. Been lurking here for about a month and decided id try to get good enough to go to West Toast someday, so ill probably post asking random questions or giving my limited 2 cents. I main Akiha Tohno though im also trying to learn Warc and Ciel a bit, allthough sion has been catching my eye as well. Youll probably find me also lurking in the MBAC irc channel.

Also if anyone can give me advice on how to lift my 2 ton thumb of the dpad so I stop useing EX flameribbon like a tard in Akihas corner BnB id be all up for it.

we also know each other from #meltanjp, so haha

Offline DarkSaint

• Spellcaster
  • You already know
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 04, 2008, 12:04:41 PM »

Play someone that will punish you every time you do it, eventually you will break the habit. Things like that become bad habits when you play people and it works. It starts to become second nature. Either make a conscious effort to stop doing it or have someone beat it out of you.
<kijea> anyone pick me up for AM4
<kijea> plz
<kijea> i will suck ur dick

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 04, 2008, 04:33:37 PM »

Play someone that will punish you every time you do it, eventually you will break the habit. Things like that become bad habits when you play people and it works. It starts to become second nature. Either make a conscious effort to stop doing it or have someone beat it out of you.

Thanks for the tips. But yeah i made a strong concious effort to stop and it seems to have worked... At least in practice and survival mode.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline GNdrive

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 06, 2008, 09:02:15 PM »
Hi.
I play Ciel,I'm here to lurk.

Offline realimpact

• Apprentice
  • 2 SHY VIRGINS > 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 06, 2008, 09:26:10 PM »
Salutations.  I like to slam people into floors and walls in MB and IRL :P  I tend to use the moves that wallslam and groundslam even if they do suck cuz they look cool to me.  San Jose for the win.
meido