hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 406867 times)

Offline GodRemixed

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Who's your Id?
    • View Profile
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #575 on: March 24, 2008, 11:02:22 PM »
Hey, all. The name's Nathan. I'm an avid fighting game fan, arcade game fan, and just plain video game fan. I'm currently working on getting a degree in Physics from college.

Honestly, I haven't played much of Melty Blood but I'm working on getting into it before Actress Again comes out. Just beat all of Tsukihime earlier today but I have to work on Kogetsu Tohya before I play the first Melty Blood because I'm an OCD like that. My main character is Ciel and secondary is Kohaku from what I have played of MB. I play just about every other fighting game though, and am ready to win TSS in West Toast XI (Nonja Monja ftw!)

Oh yeah, I also work at the same arcade Arlieth works at. If you see me at Family, I'm the tall nerdy one with the glasses, I usually work mornings or random other times to fix things.

My best two games at the arcade are probably Initial D Ver. 3 and DDR.

See ya around.
"Why did she have to be sacrificed? Is god dead...? Is he just not there...? Maybe god never existed to begin with! ... If god doesn''t exist in our world, then... I will create god with my own hands!" - Krelian (Xenogears)

Offline ZeroDistance

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • PIIYM Network
« Reply #576 on: March 25, 2008, 07:22:32 PM »
Hey, there. I'm ZeroDistance. My friend Insanius kinda got me hooked on the game, so now I'm looking to get my ass kicked in hopes of improving.

My main character is Ciel, and as a secondary I'm leaning towards either Akiha or Nanaya.

I've already received quite the beatdown in #mbac and looking forward to more. And maybe actually winning a couple.  :prinny: :prinny: :prinny:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 07:51:45 PM by ZeroDistance »

Offline yud1

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 28, 2008, 09:54:04 AM »
I've been playing MBAC for some time now. I mostly used Nanaya, Akiha or Ciel. unfortunately though, not really many people playing MB around me  :(

right now I tend to use mainly Nanaya, yet still learning (and deciding) if I would use Akiha as main character.

cheers,
"stay there for me, trapped in memories"

Offline baod

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 31, 2008, 12:44:21 PM »
Hi, I'm only here because my work place blocks every game forums besides this one and dustloop.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 31, 2008, 08:39:22 PM »
Hi, I'm only here because my work place blocks every game forums besides this one and dustloop.

Welcome to the only unblocked forum you can access!  :V
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Ska

• Apprentice
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 01, 2008, 03:38:24 AM »
I just realized i've been lurking for months, yet i never registered. omelette du fromage.

So. Cal located, but like to casually netplay on random for fun, mostly. Serious play preference is Miyako and Ciel, then hisui, vsion, and nanaya.

I'm sure you won't see a lot of me in the future!
Does anyone else like shielding multi-hit attacks for no good reason, when you know you should just block? It feels like I'm gambling with my life!

Offline Zyklon-C

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 04, 2008, 12:25:36 PM »
I'm me...
If the north-west of England has a MB "scene", I've not "scene" it.
And no, that wasn't funny ::)
Well, at the moment I'm using Warc, although I could well relapse into Neco-Arc Chaos any time soon.  >:D
Still trying to get my head around netplay...
And that's about it.
Oh, and I'm abysmal. :emo:
In a bad way. :'(
I'm a Policeman!

Offline lrdalucard

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Isn't the flow blood sweet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 04, 2008, 04:25:55 PM »
 ;) One more  Akiha Vermillion Player
Im from Europe ( Portugal )

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 06, 2008, 03:12:00 PM »
Bah, I gave into temptation and signed up after all! Le gasp!

Anywho, while I've been a long time Type-moon fan, I've always stayed away from Melty Blood (blasphemy I say!) for some unknown reason. Might be because fighting games and I have a long history of not getting along? You know, I want to love them, but they always end up abusing me till I get a restraining order put on them...*cough*

But yeah, I finally decided to give it a shot and after a couple days of play I'm currently using [read; failing horribly] as Aoko. *cough*Could be that I can't even figure out how to start an air combo yet...*cough*. So as I whore myself out to the game you will probably see either crying silently to myself or posting around. Good times, good times.

And I'm probably one of the few people living in the Country of the Beaver XD

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 06, 2008, 07:06:03 PM »
You can view ikusat's Aoko tutorial on YouTube to start you off. You might want to understand the way they express the button inputs first though, otherwise you'll be at a loss staring at the thing   :psyduck:
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Kosaki

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: April 07, 2008, 01:08:21 PM »
hello im a beginner who just started so i cant say im good enough to say i have a main    :prinny:

well anyways im still trying to figure out how the mbcaster works

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 07, 2008, 01:50:00 PM »
You can view ikusat's Aoko tutorial on YouTube to start you off. You might want to understand the way they express the button inputs first though, otherwise you'll be at a loss staring at the thing   :psyduck:

Haha, I know the commands quite well, at least well enough to get by so to speak. Though saying that, I can't seem to get more then like...3 deep into the bread and butter combo...I can never seem to be able to jb like it says >_>

Offline kyu

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 11, 2008, 02:55:20 AM »
o/ I'm kyu, Cadenza on dustloop and roman.canceL on SRK. Been around for a few months but never actually introduced myself.

:mystery:

Offline Sena(theEND)

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • My Moves let me show you them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 17, 2008, 04:52:17 PM »
Bleh Yes I'm new here but I'm not new to MB although i have no clue what A2's or 214B's are I try my best to win. Me names Sekai (Si-Kai). people can call me C.Falcon (>^.^)> (I like Captain Falcon  8) ) umm I just moved to bum fuck West Virgina the only thing around here is farms ...well that it really
FALCON!!! KICK!!!!!!

C\'mon Blue FALCON!!!!!

Offline Stuntchy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 24, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »
Hey, I'm Stuntchy, new here (Of course of I wouldn't post here otherwise) the MB Scene is VERY weak here, NEVER heard of it and probably wouldn't have heard of it, if not been for MUGEN, and You Tube, it's a fun game trying to get better as all new players are, I like Kouma, he's a hard hitter, that does alot of damage without needing a million hits which is both a good thing, but bad also because his array of attacks are limited, (As my small time as playing him.) and the beautiful but hard Aoko, I like her projectile attacks, haven't learned to use them correctly though, and as for her BNB's I can't get pass 3 hits before reverting back to my button mashing ways. which of course in this game...can get you killed, her attacks also remind me of a character in another series Terry Bogard who's moves in projectiles are similar to me. But I shall study the vids!

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 24, 2008, 06:13:35 PM »
Hey, I'm Stuntchy, new here (Of course of I wouldn't post here otherwise) the MB Scene is VERY weak here, NEVER heard of it and probably wouldn't have heard of it, if not been for MUGEN, and You Tube, it's a fun game trying to get better as all new players are, I like Kouma, he's a hard hitter, that does alot of damage without needing a million hits which is both a good thing, but bad also because his array of attacks are limited, (As my small time as playing him.) and the beautiful but hard Aoko, I like her projectile attacks, haven't learned to use them correctly though, and as for her BNB's I can't get pass 3 hits before reverting back to my button mashing ways. which of course in this game...can get you killed, her attacks also remind me of a character in another series Terry Bogard who's moves in projectiles are similar to me. But I shall study the vids!
Other people post here too...
Like people welcoming others...

Welcome to Melty Bread!
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."
"Oh, N, as in knife" "...yes..."

Offline KenshinHomaru

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 26, 2008, 12:19:09 PM »
Hello, I'm a Melty Blood noob who fell in love with Act Cadenza. Since I will probably never meet most (or any...) of you in real life, call me Kenshin Homaru, Kenshin, Ken, or just anything else you'd like to call me. I'm from southeast Alabama, and have no one to play except for my friend who actually gave Melty Blood a chance. As far as I know, there's no scene here, but I'd be delighted for someone to show me otherwise. My main is Arcueid. I suck with her, but I want to learn. I hope to netplay with some of you once I get a PS2 to USB connector (playing with the keyboard doesn't work well...).

Offline Ryanbomber

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 29, 2008, 04:52:45 PM »
Hi. I'm lurking, but I posted for the first time, so I figured I might as well post here.

I'm from MA, and there is no scene here, but I still have fun mashing the computer. I'm horrible beyond horrible, a level or two above button masher, but I like the same, and that's what's important. :V

As for main, I can't pick just one, so I juggle between Arcueid, Neco-Arc, and Kohaku.

Offline artent

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 08, 2008, 04:50:00 PM »
I'm from MA originally did some school in MD and now find myself in MO.   Got a degree in physics(and desire a better one) and love fighting games.   I'm best with and like Ciel the most.   I am my local scene as far as MB is concerned, though me and a friend got into incredibly long battles, playing matches for hours at a time back in college.

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #594 on: May 11, 2008, 06:46:15 PM »
Oh yeah, juuhachigou is probably the 3rd female that's signed up on this board. WHERE ARE MY WIMMINZ

RIGHT HERE MOTHERFUCKER. :mystery:
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline RayKona

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 14, 2008, 09:22:11 AM »
Hey all. My name is Raykona. I'm a plays-all-characters-good-with-none type of player. My local scene is... well just me and a friend of mine sadly ( I live in Portugal, all said!).

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 14, 2008, 11:59:59 AM »
Hey cool I have almost 100 posts and I just found the intro thread yay me!  well im from NC, and like to jump/iad aimlessly alot, charaters I like are Sacchin :P, Ahika, Kouma, Arc, and white len for lolz.

My local scene is lol Mashy blood, then proceed to destroy me with insane mixups.

<(^o^)/
    / <
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 12:02:08 PM by noradseven »

Offline Biggs

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 25, 2008, 08:08:05 PM »
Derp.

Been lurking for about a week, since I obtained MBAC.  I haven't played it too much yet, few trips through arcade mode on default difficulty (2 or 3) with some trouble.  I also got Tsukihime at the same time basically, great game so far.

Needless to say, I'm horribly pathetic at Melty as I just discovered it, and to be quite honest, though I enjoy fighters every now and then, I don't advance too much beyond the button mashing/special spamming/simple combos phase.  Most likely this is due to me not having any devoted gamer friends nearby.  I have a friend that likes to play Smash, but despite her annihilating most of our friends, I can 4 stock her with no problems.  None of my friends are interested in even learning how to do a special move in a game like this.  I tried to teach one of them once... he got Third Strike for his Xbox, but despite my attempts, he could NOT perform a 236 special.  Hardcore.

I got here shortly after getting the game to look at the guides and stuff, learned a few basic combos with the characters I like, which are...

Arcueid (I'm horrible with her, I just think she's awesome so I like to play as her.)
Aozaki Aoko (not very good with her either, I just think she's awesome too.)
Satsuki (I'm actually good with her compared to the level of suck with the two above.)

As I get farther into Tsukihime the characters I use will probably change.  I usually pick characters in fighters based on how I like their appearance/voice/style, rather than their capabilities in the actual game.  If someone could tell me a few characters in Melty that are extremely simple to use compared to the rest, that might help I guess.

Part of my AMAZING SUCK FACTOR at this game may be because I'm still stuck using the keyboard, I'm using this as an excuse as to why I can't consistently do the most simple of BnBs anyways.  Ordered a PS2 -> USB converter, hopefully that will help.  I'm certainly much more competent at Guilty Gear right now than I am at Melty, and I use a PS2 Pad for that... so yeah.

Ok this is going nowhere fast, so.

TL;DR : New to Melty, suck at fighting games, No local players to play with, still learning slowly, maybe in the near future I'll attempt to set up MBCaster and get my ass kicked by you guys ;D

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 25, 2008, 08:33:19 PM »
[...] omelette du fromage. [...]
LOL, I swear I didn't see this when you first posted it. I see we gots ourselves another Dexter's Lab fan here. XD
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline Biggs

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 25, 2008, 08:51:46 PM »
[...] omelette du fromage. [...]
LOL, I swear I didn't see this when you first posted it. I see we gots ourselves another Dexter's Lab fan here. XD

THANK YOU.

Before I made my post I browsed through the last page of introductions, and when I saw that it made me laugh, yet I sat there for about 30 seconds and could not remember what it was from. :slowpoke:

I need to go watch that again, that was, along with Speed Racer and The Angry Beavers, one of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid ;D