When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 407110 times)

Offline ONGKACHI

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • MY GIRLFRIEND^^
    • View Profile
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #850 on: July 15, 2009, 08:57:33 PM »
Welcome.

Last Arc? Ex shield while in Blood Heat mode. Some characters require you to do it in midair (Ciel, Len, Kouma, Arcueid, Mech-Hisui).

THANKS.....

hahaha...

Offline AM2

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 17, 2009, 08:13:51 AM »
Hello. I started playing MB this year. And I also play GG and will play BlazBlue when I can get it. I'm not sure who to main yet, I'm deciding between Ciel, Satsuki, Shiki, Len, Aoko, and Arcueid. I'm planning to buy Actress Again for PS2.
Arguing on which FF game is best doesn't make sense to me.  It feels like you might as well be picking out who's the best schoolyard ball player of the kids who didn't get picked for either team.

Offline AzureMoon

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Pishi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 25, 2009, 04:21:05 AM »
*take off my shoes*
Hi o.o I'm new to the forum.
I'm from Brunei (S.E.A.) Hope to find good players .___.;; (Around Malaysia, Singapore etc)
And I ono what to say xD...... thats all o.o :mystery:

Offline Langley

• Apprentice
  • Blues Drive Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 30, 2009, 01:54:39 AM »
Hello everyone. I've been reading these forums for some time, but since I've started playing Act Cadenza with a couple of friends and with the imminent release of Actress Again on the PS2 I've decided to join and hopefully have the opportunity to contribute something that isn't complete nonsense.

I mainly play Tohno Akiha and Tohno Shiki, but I've dabbled in several characters that I enjoy, and am very excited to try the new characters in Actress.

Well, that's all for now...
The lesson for me here is that even if the truth is as one suspects, it may still be without value

Offline Infy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 12, 2009, 06:05:12 AM »
Hello there!

I guess I had better describe who I am, so I'll do that. My real name's Sam, although most people on forums and even at ranbats/tourneys and stuff always call me 'Infy' anyway. I'm 18, been playing fighting games since I was a little kid, with SFIIT on SNES and progressed from there. MB certainly isn't the first fighting game that I've decided to take seriously, and it certainly won't be the last, but at this point in time I'm still totally new to the game. I had originally played MBAC at a friend's about two and a half years ago, but nothing more than a few casuals.

So, the reason why I've started playing again is because during my time spent in Japan last month, I visited a number of arcades, and played a lot of matches across many different games, many which I haven't touched in years (Vampire Savior and MvC1 being good examples). As you might have guessed, I ended up playing MBAC in a couple, then gave MBAA a shot and really enjoyed what I played. Leading on from that, I bought MBAC for PS2 whilst I was over, and I've been playing a decent amount since! I don't have a PC to use for version B or Netplay, but I still manage to find matches here.

Here being Glasgow, in Scotland. Not many people play MBAC here I guess, so hopefully with MBAA's release, the series will draw more interest from the Scottish scene. As for who I've been playing here, besides messing about on the game with friends who don't play, I've been playing Irysa and Roukanken, who both know a lot more about the game than me, so it's handy learning from them. I guess I main Hisui, because her BnB is so easy and fun to use, and stuff-fu is probably the smartest projectile I've seen of its kind, although stupidly easy to EX Shield. That and her j.C is awesome when you're air-dashing tons.

Eh, Frostbolt (Frozenwave) from Neo Empire really helped me get started with basic advice, and he's been a good help with how to play Hisui. If any of you are showing up for SvB next month, I'll hopefully get some games of MBAA with you!

Besides that, I can't really think of much else, other than I mostly play 3S now, and gave SFIV a bit of time for a while, but I'm still unsure of it. Much prefer 3S, though.

Anyway, nice to see a strong community like this for the MB scene, and I look forwards to learning from you all!

Offline Gold13821

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • ...blood..melty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: August 12, 2009, 02:46:44 PM »
I've been lurking around this forum for quite a while,but since I haven't introduced myself yet,I'll do it now...

Hi, my real name is George,but friends call me Gold or Aoko (damn I'm a guy! -_-). There isn't much to tell you about me, maybe only one thing. I'm always as good as my opponent,that means after a few rounds i can literarily (don't know how to spell it) copy your moves. I'm not kidding,my friends always get angry at me when I copy their moves xD.I love to do that xD....Oh and I almost forgot,since I'm not a native speaker and i tend to sleep during English lessons at school,you'll find some mistakes in everything I write.

..and who do I use?..well...I used Ciel,until some asses started calling me a n00b because of that,so now I use V. Akiha and I'm happy. They can't call me a n00b anymore and I still can kick their butts :3

If you want to ask me something,just PM me.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 12, 2009, 10:03:47 PM »
Ciel =/= noob character...at least not if you can effectively use her cross-ups and extended block/combo strings. If you spam Hiero, then yes I will agree to the noobness.

Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Gold13821

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • ...blood..melty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 12, 2009, 10:35:55 PM »
To be honest i hate spamming skills/fatalities or w/e and at that time I was new to the game so I couldn't shield/block properly, so all I could do were some basic combos mixed with some dodging skills I have from other fighting games. But that doesn't matter anymore sicne I don't use her. Now I'm trying to perfect some combos with V.Akiha without using flame ribons/pits and this kind of attacks. It isn't really easy for someone relatively new to the game to try new combos, but someday I'll make it  >:D

edit: oh,and I'd love to know what that hiero is. xD Is that the throwing knifes/swords bullsh*t CPU keeps spamming me with?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:03:41 AM by Gold13821 »

Offline sakurafice

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 13, 2009, 12:08:41 AM »
hi everyone...
my name is andrew, i live in asutralia, and i'm 16.
i've been playing fighting games for about a year now, and am mainly into the street fighter series.
i've had a bit of spare time recently, so have picked u a few more franchises (KOF, GG, MB, Vanguard Princess etc.)

Offline Wurf

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 13, 2009, 08:35:02 AM »
edit: oh,and I'd love to know what that hiero is. xD Is that the throwing knifes/swords bullsh*t CPU keeps spamming me with?
Hiero is Ciel's infamous 236C.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 13, 2009, 09:33:07 AM »
The CPU hardly ever uses it for some reason. Basically Ciel jumps to the opposite wall and disappears. Pain follows if you don't block.

That would be the EX version, the other two look similar but are much less dangerous.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:36:30 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline Gold13821

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • ...blood..melty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 13, 2009, 09:54:50 AM »
I've never seen CPU to do it...maybe because i try to always beat it before it starts spamming anything. But yeah,that's a pretty nasty and unfair move and it makes me happy everytime i succesfuly shield it >3

anyway I think this is OT and some admind should just remove it

Offline wauhti

• Apprentice
  • What are you glaring at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 22, 2009, 05:04:32 AM »
Hi everyone!  :) I'm new user in here.

I'm living in small town named Nokia in Finland. I use Shikis (both) and Ciel. Sometimes I use Aoko and Satsuki.

In this world, Never knows best

Offline bLOOdSAW

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 23, 2009, 02:34:34 AM »
Edit: Forget I exist. I don't have the talent to be playing this game.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 07:08:31 PM by bLOOdSAW »

Offline dark0samurai

• Apprentice
  • OMG...ITS A GUNDAM!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 25, 2009, 07:42:18 AM »
Hey everyone, this is the official introductory thread. Please tell us where you're from, who you use, and what your local scene's like!

Also: Please read the Melty Bread Rules before posting.

Hey pplz I'm dark0samurai, Im based in the UK, Im a student working towards the gaming industry and wants to bcome better @ metly :P

Offline Emiya-Chan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • watashi haanatawo korosu tsumoridesu.
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 26, 2009, 06:46:09 AM »
Bah.  Fine I'll post here.

Name's Shika.  You may (or may not) have heard of me on "YOUTUBE".  I'm Shikamaru1438, and within my videos, am known as "Shika".

I pulled a Pun out of Nanaya with my username there.

Canada, Male.

Aoko, Kohaku, Nanaya, Shiki, Akiha (Tohno)... who else do I use?  I dunno.  I random sometimes.

I have 2 Hamachi Servers, one for MBAC, and one for YKUS@When (My YouTube series)

MBAC:
Server: CAN MBAC
Pass: melty

YouTube series:
Server: YKUS@When
Pass: shika

The MBAC Server was posted in the Server list (in the Netplay forum)

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #866 on: August 26, 2009, 09:15:57 AM »
Wow dude. Your attitude is gonna get you fried. :psyduck:
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline Emiya-Chan

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 26, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »
Wow dude. Your attitude is gonna get you fried. :psyduck:
Who, me?  I haven't done anything wrong.  I guess me not using Smilies makes it seem like I have an attitude problem. :\  I'm really just kidding around.  You shouldn't take me too seriously.  I guess I'll use smilies when I'm not being serious  ;) :D

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 27, 2009, 03:14:41 AM »
Liberal use of  ::) or  :V might help you seem less serious. From what you've posted so far you've came across as quite arrogant.

Offline Emiya-Chan

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 27, 2009, 08:34:10 AM »
Liberal use of  ::) or  :V might help you seem less serious. From what you've posted so far you've came across as quite arrogant.
Yeah, I'm sorry.  I'm used to a more laid back forum where everyone knows you're kidding.  Well, I guess not here.

If an Admin/mod finds the content of a thread boring, do they typically lock it here?

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: August 27, 2009, 08:46:49 AM »
giggle

Offline Emiya-Chan

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 27, 2009, 08:51:30 AM »

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 27, 2009, 09:01:14 AM »
From what I've seen they only lock things that are unnecessary or in the wrong place. (IE: Your intro thread wasn't needed because this thread is designated for that).

As for how serious everyone is, it depends on the person.

Offline Emiya-Chan

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 27, 2009, 09:11:21 AM »
From what I've seen they only lock things that are unnecessary or in the wrong place. (IE: Your intro thread wasn't needed because this thread is designated for that).

As for how serious everyone is, it depends on the person.
Well, that's now what I mean.  I actually noticed the thread after I made my post, but since most forums don't have a rule about posting there, I figured, "meh, no big deal" but I got warned... anyways, I got a thread locked, and currently, I don't know the reason.  I PMd the Admin who locked it asking why, because no reason was stated.
"Locked because it sucks."
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/kohaku%27s-video-room/you-know-you-suck-at-(mbac)-when-(contains-commentarynetplay)/msg57749/#new
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 09:12:54 AM by Nanaya Shika »

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 27, 2009, 09:59:27 AM »
The people here aren't really that interested in that sort of thing. I personally cringed when I first saw that. However, part of it is when you left an obvious opening for a trolling.