When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 407005 times)

Offline Emiya-Chan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • watashi haanatawo korosu tsumoridesu.
    • View Profile
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #875 on: August 27, 2009, 10:02:11 AM »
The people here aren't really that interested in that sort of thing. I personally cringed when I first saw that. However, part of it is when you left an obvious opening for a trolling.
Well, I didn't mean to troll, I'm just very serious when It comes to trolling.  If you were to see the AMOUNT of flaming I get on my videos, you'd know how I feel.

But still, not liking the video isn't a reason to lock the thread.

Offline Gold13821

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • ...blood..melty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 27, 2009, 10:07:33 AM »
The thread was locked mainly because it was a ''flame-war battlefield'' and was more or less pointless.

Offline Emiya-Chan

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 27, 2009, 10:11:30 AM »
The thread was locked mainly because it was a ''flame-war battlefield'' and was more or less pointless.
Flame war battlefield...? How was it... all of those guys kept saying I sucked.  I woke up this morning to see it locked.  But the other thing is, the Admin edited the top to say Don't watch it, it's a waste of time.  Just locking it would be okay, and saying "This is turning into a Flame-war battlefield" It was locked for the reason "...because it sucks." And the admin decided to tell everyone not to watch it.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 27, 2009, 10:13:13 AM »
It's because you specifically said not to. I'm not sure if it's their idea of a joke or what.

Offline Emiya-Chan

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 27, 2009, 10:33:03 AM »
It's because you specifically said not to. I'm not sure if it's their idea of a joke or what.
Everything's cleared up now.  I got my response, and I'm not longer upset.

Offline Gold13821

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • ...blood..melty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 27, 2009, 10:33:11 AM »
Quote from: Nanaya Shika
Any Flaming or Trolling will be reported to an Admin/Mod.  I do not care to hear "You suck" a hundred million times.  You can offer constructive criticism for us to make it funnier.
Oh c'mon,what did you expect? When you write something like that It's only natural everyone is going to flame you. It was expected,you gave them ''amunition'' and they payed you back. The admin locked it because it wouldn't stop until everyone on the forum had their part of the fun. And well, the admin is a too only a human so he naturaly wanted to have some fun,too.

Anyway this is OT and we should move, or we'll be in trouble.

Offline Emiya-Chan

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 27, 2009, 10:34:04 AM »
Quote from: Nanaya Shika
Any Flaming or Trolling will be reported to an Admin/Mod.  I do not care to hear "You suck" a hundred million times.  You can offer constructive criticism for us to make it funnier.
Oh c'mon,what did you expect? When you write something like that It's only natural everyone is going to flame you. It was expected,you gave them ''amunition'' and they payed you back. The admin locked it because it wouldn't stop until everyone on the forum had their part of the fun. And well, the admin is a too only a human so he naturaly wanted to have some fun,too.

Anyway this is OT and we should move, or we'll be in trouble.
Understood.

Offline Ralts77

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 29, 2009, 06:20:16 AM »
Hello, I am Ralts77, sorry, I dont speak very english  ???, but I like Melty blood. I am from Argentina (I peak spanish  ;D).
Me gusta mucho el melty blood, y quisiera probar jugar con ustedes un reto online de act cadenza.
Saludos.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 29, 2009, 08:05:18 AM »
Looking forward to it. And your English isn't too bad, keep working at it.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 30, 2009, 05:37:53 PM »
No te ofendas, pero necesitas mucha práctica con el inglés. Si quieres tener peleas en línea con conversaciones decentes con los chicos de Melty Bread, necesitas tener MUCHO dominio del inglés para poder entender todos los términos técnicos del juego.

No quiero sonar arrogante, pero es la verdad. Si necesitas ayuda con algo, échame un cabo y veré qué puedo hacer por ti. :)
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline Yukimura

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: August 30, 2009, 09:06:58 PM »
Hi, I'm Yukimura, and I'm from Minnesota. I play Nanaya, W. Len, and sometimes Akiha V.
I'm your administrator, I can do this.

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 31, 2009, 04:33:22 AM »
No te ofendas, pero necesitas mucha práctica con el inglés. Si quieres tener peleas en línea con conversaciones decentes con los chicos de Melty Bread, necesitas tener MUCHO dominio del inglés para poder entender todos los términos técnicos del juego.

No quiero sonar arrogante, pero es la verdad. Si necesitas ayuda con algo, échame un cabo y veré qué puedo hacer por ti. :)

Maybe, but he'll quickly catch up as he netplays and asks what everybody means when they use that terminology. As for practicising english, he just needs grammar nazis to point out the mistakes.
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 31, 2009, 09:32:26 PM »
Maybe, but he'll quickly catch up as he netplays and asks what everybody means when they use that terminology.
Well, for his own sanity, I hope he does. xD The first time I went into a SFA3 tournament I kept on fighting normally and barely understood about 30% of the entire conversation going on around me because I didn't know much english and the guys were speaking in technical fighter terms. I STILL don't know what the fuck an Okizeme is supposed to be. XD

As for practicising english, he just needs grammar nazis to point out the mistakes.
ololololololz, can I sign up for the job? I happen to be a Certified Grammar Nazi. :D
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 01, 2009, 03:18:43 AM »
I STILL don't know what the fuck an Okizeme is supposed to be. XD

If I'm not mistaken, it applies to any means of rushdown.

ololololololz, can I sign up for the job? I happen to be a Certified Grammar Nazi. :D

No, you're not taking my darn place.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 01, 2009, 08:59:12 AM »

Okizeme is when you score a knockdown and you have some time to run setups or mixups on the waking up opponent.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 01, 2009, 10:46:02 AM »

Okizeme is when you score a knockdown and you have some time to run setups or mixups on the waking up opponent.

Oh? I'd thought that was referred to as a meaty attack?

Live and learn.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:43:09 PM by mewofforcena »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 01, 2009, 01:07:53 PM »

Oh? I'd thought that referred to as a meaty attack?

Live and learn.
A meaty is something you can do on oki.  A meaty is just doing an attack so that it is perfectly timed with their wakeup recovery, thereby forcing them to either block or buffer in a reversal.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 01, 2009, 08:38:23 PM »

Oh? I'd thought that referred to as a meaty attack?

Live and learn.
A meaty is something you can do on oki.  A meaty is just doing an attack so that it is perfectly timed with their wakeup recovery, thereby forcing them to either block or buffer in a reversal.
In SF4 netplay the strongest okizeme is blocking  :teach:

Also I never posted in here before but everyone knows who I am so.

Offline landxhp

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • Sexy Shinso
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 02, 2009, 08:10:19 AM »
First of all, "hi I'm new" and all the jazz.

I play Melty Blood since Act Cadenza's release for PS2 - never knew about it before, but now I'm attached to it like it's the best 2d fighting game of the universe =3
Got Actress Again and I'm loving it. I also play AC online on the comp when I find people willing to play.

What more... I'm 24, I'm from Brazil, I can speak Portuguese and English and I know a bit of Japanese too.
Nice to meet everyone from here~

Offline Redson

• Apprentice
  • Hater of Chairs
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 03, 2009, 02:02:44 PM »
Greetings from the swamps of LA, guys.

I've been playing Melty Blood since the Version B. Release of Act Cadenza for the PC, and I have to say that its easily my favorite fighting game to date. I'm working to improve the recognition of Melty in my state and eventually aim to get it to be a tournament regular. I come from the Super Smash Brothers Brawl community, (Oddly enough; we're not as bad as people think we are.) and play Melty Actress Again and Brawl on a regular basis. I main Crecent Len/Crecent Kishima, and secondary half moon Roa. I'm looking forward to learning more about the metagame and meeting new people.

Its a pleasure to be here. I hope my time here will be enjoyable, and I won't make any horrible mistakes.
This Chair This Chair This Chair

Offline Tage*Proto

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 03, 2009, 09:18:26 PM »
hey all, long time guilty gear and now blazblue player here, really liking actress again :).  Mostly trying to play CRoa and Fciel, maybe a couple others.

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 03, 2009, 11:03:45 PM »
Tage reppin CO!

~M

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 07, 2009, 11:33:07 PM »
Yo I'm Coren, I've been an avid lurker for ~2 years now, but with the release of AA (and my subsequent decision to take it as SRS BZNS  :psyduck:) I imagine I may be posting on here from time to time.  While you mostly won't know me, I do know a couple of you through your posts and general effect on the community.

I've been heavy into fighting games for about two years now, starting with Press getting my into MBAC (rather than a year prior and my Smash casuals), and I'm still learning. I've played just about everything in 2D outside of KoF in these past two years and I have a thing for doujin games. I started playing Guilty Gear in the fall of last year; which helped greatly with my shoddy execution (it's still the weakest aspect of my game however), since then I've been on a steady climb of improvement. I started playing MBAC with a single goal in mind: to become better than Press, even now that he's the best player in the province (that we know of, so far) my goal remains the same. Kinda petty, no?

BC Melty scene? Mostly it's just Press raping everyone in the province; unless Tare is back in town. Other player's of note include Saru Kada, Enhance (not sure is he's gonna switch to MBAA though, he's playing SF4 now  :psyduck:), and myself. Likely in that order ;-;

I played Shiki, Nanaya, and Hisui in MBAC.

In MBAA I'm maining C-Roa, and I'll probably play some H-Shiki as well.
Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 08, 2009, 02:56:39 AM »
Damn Coren.  2 years lurking?  Bout time you've made an account!

Anyway, it sounds like you'll be fitting in to the community well.  Glad to see you join.
---

Offline all_yomi

• Apprentice
  • Good at guessing
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 08, 2009, 10:37:04 AM »
hello,im from thee soul calibur community. Unfortunately my main got banned so i came here.Im new to the series and still learning . I live in Maryland i dont think im good enough for offline yet.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 12:04:36 PM by all_yomi »