When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 406963 times)

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #925 on: October 19, 2009, 04:04:43 PM »
I totally posted in this thread almost 20 posts ago.

So, Actress Again came out. And my PS2 is modded.

So I'm here! Again trying to decide on a main, again getting ready to be stomped by everyone else.

For those of you who didn't know me when I used to lurk the forums post here...

I'm Ike. I'm 20 (almost 21!) and I live in Anchorage, Alaska. I have little-to-no scene (there are a few people I've convinced to play with me, but very few of them actually practice) and don't really have a whole lot of time to practice myself except in the wee hours of the morning. I am currently considering maining H-Roa, but I haven't really decided yet.

The end!

Wow, Alaska!

What's it like up there?

@_@
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 19, 2009, 04:11:22 PM »
I totally posted in this thread almost 20 posts ago.

So, Actress Again came out. And my PS2 is modded.

So I'm here! Again trying to decide on a main, again getting ready to be stomped by everyone else.

For those of you who didn't know me when I used to lurk the forums post here...

I'm Ike. I'm 20 (almost 21!) and I live in Anchorage, Alaska. I have little-to-no scene (there are a few people I've convinced to play with me, but very few of them actually practice) and don't really have a whole lot of time to practice myself except in the wee hours of the morning. I am currently considering maining H-Roa, but I haven't really decided yet.

The end!

Wow, Alaska!

What's it like up there?

@_@

Despite main belief, it's not always snowing up there. That's a common misconception; other than that i assume it's very very devoid of people in general, let alone Metly players
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 19, 2009, 04:53:56 PM »
Actually I know a good MBAC player named K0nn who used to live up in anchorage; I played him 'cause we get 3 delay. Anyways he's gone to the Philippines for college so he's probably not availiable for Melty now.
Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 19, 2009, 09:25:57 PM »
I would say to try getting ahold of Munsu or Veteru (two WA melty scene guys), but Vet can only be found on aim/irc and I'm not sure if Munsu even comes on the forums anymore.  =\
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 20, 2009, 12:50:24 AM »
I would say to try getting ahold of Munsu or Veteru (two WA melty scene guys), but Vet can only be found on DFO* and I'm not sure if Munsu even comes on the forums anymore.  =\

Fixed that for you.
what the fuck is this game

Offline Nebi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • loli variation is just superior
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: October 20, 2009, 11:17:28 AM »
I would say to try getting ahold of Munsu or Veteru (two WA melty scene guys), but Vet can only be found on DFO* and I'm not sure if Munsu even comes on the forums anymore.  =\

Fixed that for you.

I hope you're not talking about Dungeon Fighter Online...
Btw, irc channel is #MBAC on efnet right?

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 20, 2009, 11:24:52 AM »

Fixed that for you.

#mbaa on mizuumi now. Unless you're that one guy that still wants to netplay MBAC with no one else talking in the channel.

Offline Nebi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • loli variation is just superior
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 20, 2009, 06:15:09 PM »

Fixed that for you.

#mbaa on mizuumi now. Unless you're that one guy that still wants to netplay MBAC with no one else talking in the channel.
That saddens me since I don't have MBAA and probably won't get it anytime soon... >$igh<

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 21, 2009, 12:17:23 AM »
That saddens me since I don't have MBAA and probably won't get it anytime soon... >$igh<
Get on that shit!  Emulate if you have to. 

And yeah, irc.mizuumi.net #mbaa is the place to be if you want to chat with the rest of the community (whether it's actually MB related or not).  You should hop in sometime.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Aswu

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • one more lovely
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 22, 2009, 04:30:44 PM »
Just another lurker.

Decided to start posting since I don't know many people around my area (Huntington Beach, California) that play MBAA,
and I'd be up for it if people that live nearby want to have some matches.
Just needs more exp. against different characters.

Mained WLen back in AC, and found myself oddly more compatible with H Wlen and decided to main it rather than C or F  in AA- feels GOOD getting 2k- combos off pressure punishing jumps/pokes after reverse beating all day. Then I tried F CL just to get around 6k off a jC counter hit combo. /slit

どうしろと。

Offline Mieko

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 23, 2009, 07:12:30 PM »
Hi everyone, lurking for sometime and i decided to introduce myself, I'm from Venezuela, playing since 1 year in my PS2, i play Aoko, i did like to get some introduction in good-playing and get some friends, i don't know too much ppl who plays MB around my city (at least 4) and i'm getting bored about, sorry about my english is based in RPG Playtime (lol?) and of course i speak spanish ^^

Nice to meet everyone ^^

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #936 on: October 23, 2009, 09:04:42 PM »
Welcome aboard guys.

:teach:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 27, 2009, 08:59:18 AM »
Lol. Hey there all. My name is Shiki. (cough.) I live in Queens, New York. I've been lurking around the forums for quite some time now and thought it'd finally be nice to introduce myself. I've been playing Melty Blood for about 4 years now but never got the chance to actually play other people except my neighbor. I have MBAA and I've been playing it for quite a while each and everyday. I do hope to get better at it myself and I plan on joining the Gazebo XII on the 31st. I heard from my friend Andy about the last one in september but I wasn't able to make it cause I had to take my little sister somewhere. >.>. (I'm not sure if he's on this forum as well but he normally goes by CitiofBrass.) Well then, that sums it up for me. I hope to meet some new people here.

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 27, 2009, 07:11:07 PM »
Lol. Hey there all. My name is Shiki. (cough.) I live in Queens, New York. I've been lurking around the forums for quite some time now and thought it'd finally be nice to introduce myself. I've been playing Melty Blood for about 4 years now but never got the chance to actually play other people except my neighbor. I have MBAA and I've been playing it for quite a while each and everyday. I do hope to get better at it myself and I plan on joining the Gazebo XII on the 31st. I heard from my friend Andy about the last one in september but I wasn't able to make it cause I had to take my little sister somewhere. >.>. (I'm not sure if he's on this forum as well but he normally goes by CitiofBrass.) Well then, that sums it up for me. I hope to meet some new people here.

Your avy is fucking god tier imo. Welcome to the bread.  :toot:

EDIT: also, how was that name not taken already?
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 27, 2009, 08:50:04 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, Grand. Glad to be here. I guess I was just lucky enough to get the name? :prinny:

Offline Hathor Liderc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 08, 2009, 08:39:46 PM »
Sup everyone.

I've been a MB fan since the first game. I've been lucky to have been able to play MBAA and I must say, its a little weird, especially since I'm so used to MBAC, but I do enjoy it (Archetype Earth is hax!).

Favorite MB characters include Neko Chaos, and Kohaku/Hisui and Reizbyfe. Skill wise, I'm not very good, but I still enjoy playing.

Currently, I'm in the middle of fandubbing the MBAC arcs.

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 08, 2009, 08:49:47 PM »
Sup everyone.

I've been a MB fan since the first game. I've been lucky to have been able to play MBAA and I must say, its a little weird, especially since I'm so used to MBAC, but I do enjoy it (Archetype Earth is hax!).

Favorite MB characters include Neko Chaos, and Kohaku/Hisui and Reizbyfe. Skill wise, I'm not very good, but I still enjoy playing.

Main C-NAC; become my new favourite person.

Welcome to the boards.
Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline Hathor Liderc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 08, 2009, 09:11:33 PM »
Sup everyone.

Main C-NAC; become my new favourite person.

Welcome to the boards.

I do main C-NAC... XD

Offline allyoucaneat

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 14, 2009, 02:38:18 AM »
Just read the forum rules n what not n now i can post =)

ways, i've not actually played the game yet, i'm just about to get into it. just thought i'd join a melty blood forum that is actually pro. so yea, i'm here and keen to start getting into it.

as for who i am, well i'm from Australia, currently living in Townsville but yea live all over the place as i usually work in the mines. so yea from Mackay to Perth you can find me. I usually play S3, but am kinda getting heavily into other games such as GG, KOF, ST, MvC2, SF4. 3S is my main, i'd say SF4 is too but i only crush scrubs, not really good against pros haha but yea i've been dealving into BBB for a tad. But yea the other day my mate introduced me to this game. From the sounds of it i wasn't too interested, until i read up on it and saw a few similarities to MvC2 and the obvious ones with BBB lol i was like.. why didn't i know about this game sooner?!?!

So yea, i'm pretty far behind but i'm keen to get into this game. Hopefully find some more AU players, make some friends and get some console sessions going. I'll probably urge my SF mates to get into this game too so hopefully a tight team will start up in Aus as i've looked for some hard core players here in Aus and didn't find too many. I guess the comp here is more into SF and Tekken rather than other 2d Fighthing games. That said, theres not enough people here in Aus to get a strong fighting scene going, well theres enough but Aus is so wide spread that its hard to get it going, well thats what i think.

Well yea, i'm currently just reading the threads so once i read most of the game engine mechanics thread, and get into the general discussions n what not i'll probs then get into actually getting some hourds down with the game. But yea, if yas could point me in the right direction then i'll happily go there, pls don't lead me astray with all the hentai though .. i think thats found in Akiha's Tea Room.

So that is me introducing myself. Hope to become a strong MB player, and friend of the MB community here. Have a good one dudes n dudettes n_n

_________________________________________________ ______
*buffet* ALL YOU CAN EAT! bahaha
*buffet* ALL YOU CAN EAT! bahaha

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 14, 2009, 03:22:27 AM »
allyoucaneat is a pretty cool guy
he 236236C's teh mines and doesn't afraid of anything

but seriously, with a fighter resume like that, you shouldn't have any trouble picking up MB. its finding/creating the scene thatl be difficult. And i can guaran-fucking-tee you that the members here will warm up to you just by seeing that youve actually READ the rules. (an accomplishment most of the newblood can't honestly boast)

Welcome aboard mate.  :toot:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 03:28:03 AM by grandlordzero »
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline booty clapper

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: November 14, 2009, 11:20:11 AM »
Allow me to reintroduce myself... i was the "drunk guy with the cigar" at the gazebo. 

I like TvC a lot.  In brooklyn, play games, drink liquor (and beer).  I'm a simple man.

That is all.

Offline Zero

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • Gotta pick a character
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: November 14, 2009, 12:13:05 PM »
Allow me to reintroduce myself... i was the "drunk guy with the cigar" at the gazebo. 

THAT DRUNK GUY!

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #947 on: November 14, 2009, 02:19:36 PM »
welcome aboard random drunk guy  :V
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline booty clapper

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 14, 2009, 02:33:30 PM »
thank you thank you, plan on keeping it sleazy around here.

Offline Tidus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 14, 2009, 11:24:01 PM »
Hi, I'm Tidus.

I like to play with balls.