When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 406971 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #975 on: December 02, 2009, 09:56:23 PM »
CA (close to Arcade Infinity) Kohaku player here.

H is very much my preferred style, but getting that damn midscreen command throw combo down is killing me.
(Agonizing over getting the 5C(1) consistently and not whiffing 2C in //63214C 2A(whiff) 5{B} (delay)5C(1) 2C//)

And in C's 6C loop, I whiff 2C all the live long day after the first 6C.

Meh, and I was failing at these two combos constantly no more than 10 minutes ago.

Anyway, would be nice to get annihilated by some good players. Greatest way to learn.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any MBAA play outside of training mode, and no one seems to play whenever I'm at AI.

Also very much into shmups; 11/27 was a good day. A great deal of the tokens in the Mushihimesama Futari machine at AI came out of my pockets.
Hopefully the stick I purchased for it will improve my Touhou and MBAA game too.
Yet another Kohaku player. Soon the whole US MB community will be Kohaku and Kouma players.
Kohaku's too buff now!  But seriously, who actually mains Kouma in the US?  I can't think of anybody (cept maybe tenkai?).
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 02, 2009, 11:45:47 PM »
The day they give Kouma a 360/720 is the day i switch mains.

Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 03, 2009, 12:14:03 AM »

The day that melty has a 360, 720, or even a charge move, the world will explode.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 03, 2009, 12:59:40 AM »
Kohaku's too buff now!  But seriously, who actually mains Kouma in the US?  I can't think of anybody (cept maybe tenkai?).
CHOCOOOOOOO

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 03, 2009, 04:48:08 AM »

The day that melty has a 360, 720, or even a charge move, the world will explode.
One of the reasons I like Melty is the lack of those inputs.

Offline Arala Cran

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • "I won't forgive you.........."
    • View Profile
    • Heavenly Solace
« Reply #980 on: December 03, 2009, 09:53:32 AM »
I smell troll.

Seriously, that amount of personal info without any reason? Either it's a troll or an attention-fisher. Either way, not something that's particularly good.

I don't understand who this was aimed at, or why. ???
If you tamper with me, you will be cursed...

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 03, 2009, 04:53:36 PM »
That was aimed at you. Hasuko is thinking you're just posting to get responses.

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 03, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »

I poked around a bit and found some pretty fun info on our favorite goddess of hentai (three). I would let her rock. :)
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline video_disease

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 03, 2009, 08:23:58 PM »
My name is Branden, I have only played Melty Blood on the PC, and a few other times at Arcade Infinity. Haven't really found my character yet, but I plan on getting Act Cadenza for PS2 soon, so that will change. I live in so Cal, and haven't met anyone else who plays Melty Blood, but I am sure I can get one or two of my friends in on it.

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 03, 2009, 09:24:01 PM »
My name is Branden, I have only played Melty Blood on the PC, and a few other times at Arcade Infinity. Haven't really found my character yet, but I plan on getting Act Cadenza for PS2 soon, so that will change. I live in so Cal, and haven't met anyone else who plays Melty Blood, but I am sure I can get one or two of my friends in on it.

AC for PS2? Really?
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Arala Cran

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • "I won't forgive you.........."
    • View Profile
    • Heavenly Solace
« Reply #985 on: December 03, 2009, 10:59:51 PM »

Oh, but no I'm not. I'm just letting everyone know if in case something stupid
happens around and everyone gets the wrong idea (like in some places it did
already until I had to explain this), it would be wrong to hide things like that.

I poked around a bit and found some pretty fun info on our favorite goddess of hentai (three). I would let her rock. :)

...I'm sorry if that sort of thing offends you. :-[ *starts sweating*
(Yes I'm into looking at that sort of thing frequently, I can't help it. Please don't hurt me!)
........and as for the other lines I use in my profile, don't take it too seriously. I
just like the way the wording goes (yet it did happen to quite a lot of bad people
who did bother me the wrong way either sooner or later.) I'm not looking for
trouble, but for the opposite and also help others out if I can on things. Please
don't take things the wrong way. :-[

Also, I do have sharable objects for those interested in making things.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:08:08 PM by Arala Cran »
If you tamper with me, you will be cursed...

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #986 on: December 04, 2009, 09:18:52 AM »

I know Xie used to, but I don't know if he still does. :psyduck:
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline video_disease

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 04, 2009, 10:33:57 AM »

AC for PS2? Really?

Gotta start somewhere.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 04, 2009, 11:16:50 AM »

AC for PS2? Really?

Gotta start somewhere.
Why play AC on the PS2 when you can play it on your PC? The PC version is superior and is closer to being the arcade perfect version of AC anyways.
thundering waterfalls

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 04, 2009, 02:46:42 PM »
not everyone has access to a decent pc.

You do what you have to do when the money is tight.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: December 04, 2009, 09:08:39 PM »

AC for PS2? Really?

Gotta start somewhere.
I think the point is, if you're going to be getting any version of melty for ps2, get Actress Again.  If you can play melty on ps2, get the most up to date one.
---

Offline MonoTekETeA

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: December 07, 2009, 09:10:18 AM »
Back from NEC, and now a new member on this forum. After seeing the hype Melty Blood got compaired to SF4, that is what I would like to dedicate myself to, not some "just in it for the money and fame" BS. Check it, as soon as I get my PS2 hard-drive up and running, you can find me viewing Miyako threads. ::Cheers::

-Jeremy

Offline video_disease

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: December 07, 2009, 04:42:48 PM »

AC for PS2? Really?

Gotta start somewhere.
I think the point is, if you're going to be getting any version of melty for ps2, get Actress Again.  If you can play melty on ps2, get the most up to date one.

noted and appreciated.

Offline hardworkgenius

• Apprentice
  • <3 Anime Bullet Witches
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: December 07, 2009, 05:34:58 PM »
Hi guyz, the name is hardwork, but you can call me "genius". I live out in NJ, I havent acquired Melty Blood yet or have ever played yet. But I will do so real soon. I haven't had much interest in the Melty Blood series Until NECX, ironically I knew of the series since 2006, I watched the show "Tsukihime" in 06 and dug around and heard of the game it looked Ok but didnt catch my eye, but I always randomly see it mentioned on the net, but I blew it off thinking there wasn't any love for it outside Japan, but NEC proved otherwise. I wish I wouldve gotten into it back than, but "better late than never"

"Please take care of me" :-* lmao

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 07, 2009, 11:30:11 PM »
...ironically I knew of the series since 2006, I watched the show "Tsukihime" in 06...

You brought this upon yourself.

Mandatory mindfuck therapy is mandatory.

Only advice i can give is that if your going to get melty blood, you need to decide between MBAC and MBAA. PS2 MBAA = the better game, (by far), but PC MBAC has netplay. Take your pick. (most around here recommend MBAA, but in all honesty, it depends on whether there's a multilayer scene in your area or whether your willing to travel to reach one. If not, might as well fag it up with MBAC Netplay.)

Other then that, welcome to the bread.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 11:37:58 PM by grandlordzero »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 07, 2009, 11:49:54 PM »
Yo, there's people in Jersey, so he should definitely get MBAA and hop on board the local scene.

Good shit to everyone who's joining up from all the NEC hype!  Shit's too godlike.
---

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: December 08, 2009, 12:08:11 AM »
After seeing the hype Melty Blood got compaired to SF4, that is what I would like to dedicate myself to, not some "just in it for the money and fame" BS.

This is what it's all about. Good shit.

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: December 08, 2009, 01:08:53 AM »
For all you new challengers

Protip: if you read through the Tsukihime and Fate Stay / Night visual novels by Type-moon, you will gain a lot of insight into the inside joke and referances that get tossed about in here. I'd clock us in at about 80% Type-moon fags.

Here's a quick primer of things to look for:

"Like a mollusk" - a very sexy description from Nasu himself

"[This Chair.] x n times" There is a scene in the Ciel arc where Shiki goes batshit insane and there is 3+ screen of just this repeated over and over while he smashes the chair to bits.

"Senpai isn't Senpai without her glasses!" - an option appears in tsukihime to do Ciel with, or without her glasses.

"Surpress Roa [in Ciel's ass]" a euphemism for sex, especially anal sex.

"A) supress roa in Ciel's ass
B) Rape the maids
C) Genuflect
D) Isn't it sad sacchin?" Presented as a choice block

"So as I (verb) UNLIMITED (noun)  WORKS!" - UBW parody

"Curry Butt" - petname for Ciel

"Sacchin" Pet name for Satsuki

"Isn't is sad, Sacchin?" Satsuki often is faced with misfortune and bad luck, nothing goes her way (also missed having a route twice in a row)

"SO MOE I'M GOING TO DIE!!!!" and "A cat is fine too..." - lines from the hilarious doujin "Why I assualt Ren"

"17 pieces" - Shiki cuts Arcueid into this many pieces, known for being badass and also a fairly random number to pick.

"People die when they are killed" -Astounding wisdom from Shirou

"Mongrel" Gilgamesh's catchphase and term for everyone except Saber and Himself.

and that should more than start you off, READ TSUKIHIME.

Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline MonoTekETeA

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: December 08, 2009, 04:23:29 AM »
Yeah, I have been reading the manga too, but only the US releases, so I am only on like book 5. I really just need to sit down and read fan translations. Series is pro.

Edit: Me and my crew were playing last night (MBAA). Got a Nero, Steinberg, and a Miyako(me).

Double Edit: We had a gathering a few weeks ago for Blazblue and other random-ness. LK, St1nkBuG and Reggie (sorry dude, forget your forum name) showed up and wrecked havoc on our scene. Made us think more about MB when it was there in person.

I have personally wanted to play this game for years...like since 07, but something kept me away. Kind of like genius. Time to get it on now though.

We have gatherings in our local area (Deptford, NJ) averaging once a month. I'll keep it posted when it is going down. Keep in mind, we play a lot of shit, so SF4, Blazblue, Mahvel, and others will be present too. You can now count MBAA too.

-Jeremy
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 04:33:32 AM by MonoTekETeA »

Offline ViceVirtuoso

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • she got me with her wire thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 08, 2009, 09:04:44 AM »
'sup everyone, figured I'd start posting here more often. Shout outs to everyone from NECX, had a hell of a time and I'm going to start refusing to play anything other than MBAA until some more people around my area pick it up.

With luck I'll get good enough to where I only drop combos 50% of the time instead of 75%.
they dont think it be like it is but it do