hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 407153 times)

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #1000 on: December 10, 2009, 09:32:34 PM »
Yeah, I have been reading the manga too, but only the US releases, so I am only on like book 5. I really just need to sit down and read fan translations. Series is pro.

Edit: Me and my crew were playing last night (MBAA). Got a Nero, Steinberg, and a Miyako(me).

Double Edit: We had a gathering a few weeks ago for Blazblue and other random-ness. LK, St1nkBuG and Reggie (sorry dude, forget your forum name) showed up and wrecked havoc on our scene. Made us think more about MB when it was there in person.

I have personally wanted to play this game for years...like since 07, but something kept me away. Kind of like genius. Time to get it on now though.

We have gatherings in our local area (Deptford, NJ) averaging once a month. I'll keep it posted when it is going down. Keep in mind, we play a lot of shit, so SF4, Blazblue, Mahvel, and others will be present too. You can now count MBAA too.

-Jeremy

:slowpoke:
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: December 10, 2009, 10:13:12 PM »
lol stinkbug, someone's mad
what the fuck is this game

Offline MonoTekETeA

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: December 11, 2009, 10:39:16 PM »
Ahahahahahahahahahah!

Oh shit!

Me and Alan gonna have a beef now. Guess it will be a match of Miyakos, with me getting my ass beat.

Offline TalesofDawn

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 15, 2009, 02:33:47 PM »
Hello, everyone! I have been looking at MB:AA for a few months now, but it is only recently that I have decided to join Meltybread. I have never played Melty Blood before, but I am now 100% sure that I can get this in about a month's time, so I can't wait to play with any of you on the East Coast. I live in Mass, around the Amherst area, so if any MB players live around there, I'd like to start learning before I get the game. If videos are anything to go by, I'm going to main Len.

Edit: By the way, I am not new to fighting games. I play SF at a semi competitive level, and I play GG almost daily.<-(Favorite fighter, but I suck at it. Trying to get competitive.) I dabble in BB and KoF, and I play SFA3 and SF2 fairly frequently. I kind of play Tekken as well.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 02:39:26 PM by TalesofDawn »
Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the me that believes in you!

Offline kona

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • DOOOOOOOOOOOOOFUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 20, 2009, 08:40:04 PM »
Sup guys. I'm kona. I primarily play Street Fighter 4, Super Turbo (HD Remix also), and Blazblue. I played Melty Blood for the first time this previous Friday and I must say, I'd love to play this game at a competitive level. I'm from Western Massachusetts so the scene is relatively barren. However, the scene is better for when I go Battlegrounds (a LAN center in Connecticut) which is where I first touched Melty. So far, I'm liking F-Akiha. So hopefully, if local scene expands in my area, you'll be looking at another player to rep the East Coast.
Gachi Rangers are so godlike

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: December 21, 2009, 12:22:08 PM »
STHD bad game.
what the fuck is this game

Offline riceman789

• $400 Man
  • Magic Circuits: 408
  • Let's go, get hype!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: December 21, 2009, 02:01:49 PM »
Hey word up?  The name's Carl, but all of my friends call me rice because before I game or bboy(breakdance) I always eat rice and stuff.  Before I played MB, I played MvC2 and Guilty Gear, but not in a competitive level.  But since I'm so addicted to this game and just love Ryougi so much, I want to do this competitively, and meet up some people here and there.   At MBAC I played as Tohno and Kohaku and V.Akiha, but for MBAA I'm learning H-Ryougi and only her, somtimes I'll play C-Ryougi just for hell.

I really don't know if there is a scene in boston...I only know LordPangTong plays, who goes to boston for school but lives in CT.  I would like to have a gathering of all the MA players who play this game...but yeah thats pretty much it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 10:25:55 PM by riceman789 »
H-Vsion
"UNBARACKABLE" - LordKnight
F#$% him up like a nestle crunch!! - HyperHal
I got that IYO feeling!! - Jiyuna I'm Going IN!! - Jiyuna

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: December 21, 2009, 09:08:09 PM »
Hey word up?  The name's Carl, but all of my friends call me rice because before I game or bboy(breakdance) I always eat rice and stuff.  Before I played MB, I played MvC2 and Guilty Gear.  At MBAC I played as Tohno and Kohaku and V.Akiha, but for MBAA I'm learning H-Ryougi and only her, somtimes I'll play C-Tohno just for hell.

I really don't know if there is a scene in boston...I only know LordPangTong plays, who goes to boston for school but lives in CT.  I would like to have a gathering of all the MA players who play this game...but yeah thats pretty much it.
You should play F Ryougi cuz she has more bboy stances.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline riceman789

• $400 Man
  • Let's go, get hype!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: December 22, 2009, 03:47:40 PM »
Hey word up?  The name's Carl, but all of my friends call me rice because before I game or bboy(breakdance) I always eat rice and stuff.  Before I played MB, I played MvC2 and Guilty Gear.  At MBAC I played as Tohno and Kohaku and V.Akiha, but for MBAA I'm learning H-Ryougi and only her, somtimes I'll play C-Tohno just for hell.

I really don't know if there is a scene in boston...I only know LordPangTong plays, who goes to boston for school but lives in CT.  I would like to have a gathering of all the MA players who play this game...but yeah thats pretty much it.
You should play F Ryougi cuz she has more bboy stances.
lol...yeah I should and add a lil windmill to her 2C
H-Vsion

Offline blindgamer17

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
greetings and an intro
« Reply #1009 on: December 26, 2009, 03:38:43 AM »
Hey folks.. as my username says, I am a blind gamer.. I live in canada, am 17, and being blind, I'm a huge fighting game fan as this is the type of game blind people can play the most efficiently.

I reecently picked up MBAA... but have a couple questions.

1. How much of the menus have to be translated? I ask this for 2 reasons... one, I'm totally blind, and need help with them anyway, and 2, I can't understand any japanese.
2. Being a newbie to the melty blod series, I need help with the character selection screen as well...
3. Any tips for a noob? These can just be general tips...
4. Are there story translations or gae quote translations anywhere?

If you want to talk about playing games without vision, also feel free to PM or respond to the topic. Any questions are welcome, but try and be curious rather than condescending. lol. I prefer friendly conversation.

There's the introduction for now. I play other fightng games, but am hoping to get into this game, as I've heard  lot of good about it. Hoping to get to know all of you.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 08:23:51 AM by D:ipstick »

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
Re: greetings and an intro
« Reply #1010 on: December 26, 2009, 07:02:50 AM »
Firstly, welcome to the forums.

Most of the essential menus in the game are in full english, so whoever's helping you read them shouldn't have any issues.

The characters in the character selection screen, arranged according to the row they appear in:

First Row: Aoko Aozaki, Tohno Shiki, Archetype Earth (blank spot if not unlocked), Nanaya Shiki, Kouma
Second Row: Miyako, Ciel, Sion, Riesbyfe, Vampire Sion, Warachia, Roa
Third Row: Hisui & Kohaku (Team), Tohno Akiha, Arcueid, random selection, Red Arcueid, Akiha Vermillion, MECH-HISUI
Fourth Row: Sailor uniform Akiha (blank if not unlocked), Satsuki, Len, Ryougi Shiki, White Len, Nero Chaos, Neco-Arc Chaos (blank if not unlocked)
Last Row: MECH-HISUI & Kohaku (blank if not unlocked), Hisui, Neco-Arc, Kohaku, MECH-Hisui and Neco-Arc (blank if not unlocked)
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline blindgamer17

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: greetings and an intro
« Reply #1011 on: December 26, 2009, 06:52:42 PM »
Thanks for that... this should get me well on my way to starting. I asked this as well, but is there anywhere to find stuff relating to plot of the games... or voiceover translations, that kind of thng?

Offline endofdreamz

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 29, 2009, 08:49:09 PM »
Sup yall, in tourneys i go by Twilight(FT) or F-T ,i know some of you guys and some of yall may know me, i just finally got a chance to register, i play Tekken Blazblue Guilty Gear sf4 Sc4 at competitive level, i actually play any fighter long as its a fighter lol, but i played MBAA wit Xaq and Mynus and it was hella fun, so im tryna play this competitive as well, i didnt pick a main yet but i use Sion , SionTATARI, Ryougi, and VAkiha, my scene is NY NJ, happy holidays yall
Sion VSion Ryougi Vakiha Aoko

Offline Shizuka

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 29, 2009, 10:00:27 PM »
Blindgamer17: You're gonna have to explain how you play being blind, because sound cues are awful in most fighting games. Also if you drop by the IRC channel people can fill you in on the story.
[ Irc.mizuumi.net #mbaa ] in case you don't wanna search the site for the right one.

Oh and where are you located? If there is a scene near you I'm sure they would love to have another player.
<LoliSauce> I bet they'd make them for the opportunity to get any other form of currency!
<shizuka> ahh apparently zimbabwe doesn't use the zimbabwean dollar anymore
<LoliSauce> whaaaaa
<LoliSauce> my plans have been foiled <LoliSauce> =<

Offline ZeldaMainer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • I blame Brawl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: December 30, 2009, 08:31:21 AM »
Name's ZeldaMainer.

Yes, my name is a reference to my main in Brawl: Zelda. Brawl is the only "fighting" game I've played competitively up until now. Though, I have played many other fighters; just, none of them stuck. In MBAC, I mained Kohaku (poorly, of course). In MBAA, I haven't had a chance to get a feel of all the characters, but I'm really interested in F-Warc, H-Arc, and F-VSion.

I live in CT. I haven't been to any tourneys for AA, mostly because my mom won't let me go. Though, I've seen many streams and vids of BBG and other casuals. Hopefully, I'll be able to go to tourneys in the future.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:30:48 PM by ZeldaMainer »

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: December 30, 2009, 09:57:37 AM »
I invite you all to check out the IRC channel (irc.mizuumi.net #mbaa) when you get a chance to. Join the family!
http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=b0c80f1a2b7c9987a0cb0742240f9110&server=irc.mizuumi.net&channel=%23mbaa&noServerTab=false <-- this is the mibbit client, in case you don't feel like downloading IRC.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline riceman789

• $400 Man
  • Let's go, get hype!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 30, 2009, 10:50:49 PM »
I invite you all to check out the IRC channel (irc.mizuumi.net #mbaa) when you get a chance to. Join the family!
http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=b0c80f1a2b7c9987a0cb0742240f9110&server=irc.mizuumi.net&channel=%23mbaa&noServerTab=false <-- this is the mibbit client, in case you don't feel like downloading IRC.

Thanks I shall do that right about....now!  ;D
H-Vsion

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: December 31, 2009, 01:12:00 AM »
Blindgamer17: You're gonna have to explain how you play being blind, because sound cues are awful in most fighting games.

Just gotta believe...

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/he-s-a-video-game-wizard-and-he-s-blind/64t3oqt
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline blindgamer17

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: December 31, 2009, 01:17:16 AM »
Sound cues in fighting games aren't that bad. That's how I play most of them. Well, all of them really. Listening for certain sounds, picking out character voices, etc. If you wat more just pm.

Offline Kuro Kage

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Video Game Music Mixes
« Reply #1019 on: January 02, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »
Howdy folks!

I am a fighting game enthusiast in every sense (I actually paid to see Legend of Chun Li if that is any indicator). I came across Melty Blood four years ago over at Doujin Style back when Type Moon was still a doujin soft developer along with French Bread. Currently I plan to take the $70 plunge and buy a copy of Act Cadenza for my PC. It is all part of my plan to legalize all of my music, games and movies. At this point, getting Act Cadenza is the final item on the transition list. My interest in this franchise picked up again after I was browsing through some really awesome Melty Blood fan art over at Deviant Art. I was so inspired, that I decided to create my own original theme music for Red Arcueid, based on a wallpaper for Arc and Warc. If you so choose, you can check out my mix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpdzmYoRKLI

Anyways, the Melty Blood forums are inactive on Gamefaqs. Posting is sparse over at Mirror Moon. That pretty much leaves this site as the last bastion for discussion of all things Type Moon and Melty Blood.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 01:51:41 PM by Kuro Kage »
"Kanryu taigetsu
Saeru mizu no gotoshi"

- Shinmen Musashi no Kami Fujiwara no Genshin

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: January 02, 2010, 11:54:32 PM »
Theres Mirrormoon and Beasts Lair, but other then the translators and staff, they are mostly comprised of leaching assholes, fanfiction fags, (ugh),  and idiots who argue over character powerlevels. At least from the threads ive seen there. If you like fighters, youl like it here alot more. 

Also, interesting piece. Almost seems like it'd fit better as a Dead Apostle theme then a new Arc theme, but its pretty decent i guess.

Anyway, welcome aboard.  :toot:
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 03, 2010, 01:38:43 AM »
You should get Actress Again PS2 and play it on your PC using a PC emulator instead.

Welcome to MB.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Sotes

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 03, 2010, 10:45:36 AM »
Hey I'm Sotes. The only thing you can expect from me is high levels of Mediocre Nanaya and Miyako. I live in BC Canada in Richmond, and have yet to join the scene. I think I'll check it out sometime though. Currently getting stomped by my brother.

Offline Kuro Kage

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Video Game Music Mixes
« Reply #1023 on: January 03, 2010, 01:54:33 PM »
I am not sure my laptop can run a PS2 emulator that well. My roomie has a similar laptop to mine and even with speedhacks, he only gets decent performance with some games. I could give it a spin though. Some of the new characters looked interesting. Also, I do look forward to some solid conversation with other fighting game enthusiasts. I think I will get settled in here.
"Kanryu taigetsu
Saeru mizu no gotoshi"

- Shinmen Musashi no Kami Fujiwara no Genshin

Offline mgvfinest

• Apprentice
  • ohayo gozaimasu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 04, 2010, 09:13:37 AM »
hello my name is shakim but i go by mgv or mgvfinest i play offline tournys i went to nec  i came from soul calibur 4,guilty gear , blazblue and melty blood....i hope i can meet new friends in the long run .=] hajimemashite minna!!!(nice to meet you everyone) :prinny:
kohaku&litchi will win