When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 406965 times)

Offline Cecilia

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Destroy a piece of art, and name it your own.
    • View Profile
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #1050 on: January 12, 2010, 06:10:06 PM »
So like.

I'm registered here for ages but I never made an introductory post.

This is my introductory post.

I like melty blood!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 12, 2010, 10:19:23 PM »
Anyways folks, personal update here. I just ordered Act Cadenza ver. B from Play Asia. Should be here by Saturday or Tuesday (Monday is MLK after all). I already have the bootleg on my computer (I know, shame on me) but I am excited to finally be out of that horrible pit and back into the light. Now that I own a Wii, I think I am going to get out of PC gaming...with the exception of Melty Blood.
It's good that you're putting money into melty, but sad that you're getting the outdated MBAC.  =<  Try and get up on MBAA, brother!  Nobody around here really plays MBAC these days.  

Also, there is no Tsukihime anime.  (required)

So like.

I'm registered here for ages but I never made an introductory post.

This is my introductory post.

I like melty blood!
...Forte is that you?  

Nevermind, the internet tells me you're not Forte.  I just saw the email and mistook you for an old friend.   :V

Welcome.  Brother complex is a wonderful thing.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 10:25:39 PM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Cecilia

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Destroy a piece of art, and name it your own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 13, 2010, 04:08:01 AM »
...Forte is that you?  

Nevermind, the internet tells me you're not Forte.  I just saw the email and mistook you for an old friend.  :V

Welcome.  Brother complex is a wonderful thing.
I certainly don't go by Forte, but if you mistook me for an old friend, maybe it means we have a click! :prinny:
Brother complex truly is wonderful. Actually I was worried someone else was already using this avatar since I saw a bunch of Akiha mugs here before so it's fortunate I got to it first.

So am I the only MB person from Israel? There's no one else I know who likes it as much as I do and it makes it pretty hard to set up a scene. Finding this shit on arcades is just a fantasy too. All I've ever done with other people is MBAC netplay.

Offline riceman789

• $400 Man
  • Magic Circuits: 408
  • Let's go, get hype!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 13, 2010, 07:28:13 AM »
Crosseyes, you are one funny person.

1) I believe that the other poster meant "do you want to get flamed" rather than "do you want to get trolled." Trolling is the act of going to a specific forum and purposefully saying things to incite anger from the community e.g. going to a Nintendo Wii forum and saying something like "Wii graphics are fail." Being flamed on the other hand, is saying something ignorant (despite the general ignorance that composes the internet, people always assume that everyone is informed about the subject that a forum is based on) that will result in people furiously insulting you, your intelligence of your very existence.

2) I had to laugh when you called Shiki the "fruit knife glasses guy." I suggest you go watch the anime Shingetsutan Tsukihime. It doesn't quite catch you up on the Melty Blood story, but being familiar with Tsukihime helps out enough to at least know most of the core characters and their names. Either way, welcome to the forums.

Anyways folks, personal update here. I just ordered Act Cadenza ver. B from Play Asia. Should be here by Saturday or Tuesday (Monday is MLK after all). I already have the bootleg on my computer (I know, shame on me) but I am excited to finally be out of that horrible pit and back into the light. Now that I own a Wii, I think I am going to get out of PC gaming...with the exception of Melty Blood.

Can someone say pwned?  :fap: :fap: :fap:
H-Vsion
"UNBARACKABLE" - LordKnight
F#$% him up like a nestle crunch!! - HyperHal
I got that IYO feeling!! - Jiyuna I'm Going IN!! - Jiyuna

Offline Crosseyes12

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • landed 5-hit combo, new personal best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 13, 2010, 02:45:13 PM »
Sorry, but my anime is carefully regulated into easy-to-swallow 4 hour-a-week blocks by the good folks at [as]. I simply can't handle any more than that -_-

Can someone say pwned?
...pwned

why?
No one bothered to tell me there was a Cellist in the lineup -_-

Character switched.

Offline Gen_Tobias

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 14, 2010, 12:04:13 AM »
hello I am General Tobias and I don't know why I shortened my name oh well I am rather inexperienced at Melty Blood and am also rather new to forums in general. I am from Texas (which I am saying mainly for the sake of netplay). I originally got MBAC about 6 months ago but I hate playing a game without backstory so now after playing all the Tsukihime, Tsukihime + disk, Kagestsu Tohya, and Melty Blood story mode I can continue with MB reacts arcade which I have completed Nanaya Shiki, Arcureid, and Tohno Shiki's storys. Seriously It may be another few months before I actually get around to getting MBAA which looks awesome. plus I must add the spell check on this thin wants to change too many things
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 12:15:01 AM by Gen_Tobias »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 14, 2010, 02:55:14 AM »
...Forte is that you?  

Nevermind, the internet tells me you're not Forte.  I just saw the email and mistook you for an old friend.  :V

Welcome.  Brother complex is a wonderful thing.
I certainly don't go by Forte, but if you mistook me for an old friend, maybe it means we have a click! :prinny:
Brother complex truly is wonderful. Actually I was worried someone else was already using this avatar since I saw a bunch of Akiha mugs here before so it's fortunate I got to it first.

So am I the only MB person from Israel? There's no one else I know who likes it as much as I do and it makes it pretty hard to set up a scene. Finding this shit on arcades is just a fantasy too. All I've ever done with other people is MBAC netplay.
Try searching around the Regional Community board or making a thread there.  There isn't a ton of players outside of the US that post here, but you might still get lucky and find some in your area.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 14, 2010, 04:09:15 AM »
Huh, I never posted here :slowpoke: I'm Derek, username is the same on DL, PSN, AIM blah blah. Played AC v.B for awhile, quit, been playing AA since it came out. I live in WA, Lakewood to be exact. Main C-Warc, secondary 1/4 of the cast :psyduck:
<Saya> fuck all of you
* Saya (~chatzilla@24.104.140.198) has left #mbaa

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 14, 2010, 09:51:05 PM »
Huh, I never posted here :slowpoke: I'm Derek, username is the same on DL, PSN, AIM blah blah. Played AC v.B for awhile, quit, been playing AA since it came out. I live in WA, Lakewood to be exact. Main C-Warc, secondary 1/4 of the cast :psyduck:

I dunno where Lakewood is in relation to anything else in WA, but do you ever play with a guy named Munsu?  He's a buddy of mine who moved up to WA last year.
---

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 14, 2010, 11:02:11 PM »
Yea when he comes up here. I'm near seattle, I just ran a ranbat on Sunday and he entered. Just wish he lived closer, I'm trying to teach everyone Melty :psyduck:
<Saya> fuck all of you

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 14, 2010, 11:30:42 PM »
Yea when he comes up here. I'm near seattle, I just ran a ranbat on Sunday and he entered. Just wish he lived closer, I'm trying to teach everyone Melty :psyduck:
Yeah, I understand how that goes.  Doing the same shit here in vegas.  It's not an easy gig, but keep it up!
---

Offline servsocket

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 17, 2010, 07:22:44 PM »
Hey all. Handle is servsocket, from newfoundland, canada.

Been playing Melty Blood now since September. I mostly play my roommates, and the occasional friend, but that's it for people. Otherwise it's the CPU, which I play on max difficulty, or boss-rush mode when I'm looking for a challenge. :P

Not sure if there is a local scene, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say no, so far as I've witnessed nobody around here has ever heard of Melty Blood.  :(

Not sure exactly where to talk about this, but I saw something weird in Melty Blood tonight. I was fighting Archtype: Earth and managed the win the first set of three rounds, but after that stuff got messed up. Archtypes meter wasn't rising constantly, she was in cresent moon mode, didn't move her arms to throw, would become invisible for random periods of time (mostly after going into heat mode) and her arc drives graphics were really messed up. Is this some kind of well known glitch?

I mostly play Kohaku, who I refer to as Juggles. But I also enjoy Ciel, Stridberg, Sion, Hisui+Juggles, Mecha Hisui, Mecha+Juggles, Ryougi, White Len, and Roa.

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 17, 2010, 09:59:43 PM »
Welcome to the party! The C-Moon A:E has a really glitchy sprite and moveset, so it's not your copy or anything :slowpoke:
<Saya> fuck all of you

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #1063 on: January 18, 2010, 07:24:42 PM »
Hi serv. Be sure to check out the Canada thread:
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/regional-community/canadian-eh/

You may find some Newfies there.
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline KaPH33n

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 19, 2010, 05:12:31 PM »
Hello MBers...

I've been lurking in these threads for a few weeks now but forgot to introduce myself here... So here I am.  Norcal's Noobiest MBer.
(^_^)

Offline MarcoScalora

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: January 20, 2010, 12:10:26 AM »
Hello people,

I'm Marco and I live in Australia. I was first introduced to Tsukihime and Melty Blood via a friend of mine who came back from overseas and needed someone to share the experience.  I generally enjoy playing 2D fighters despite my lack of skill. Even so, most of my friends also suck and so I don't really have much to compete with so I usually just play against the harder CPUs. I mostly play Ciel and sometimes the other characters for fun.

See you around.  :)

Offline GhabStopR

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 25, 2010, 10:39:39 AM »
What's up guys, the name's Heath.  I've been wanting to get into the MB series for a while now, just never got anyone else to play against up until recently when I got some friends to try it out and got them hooked, and I've gotta say, we're loving it!

Figured I'd join up for strats and to possibly branch out and find other players to get together with as well as check out and see if there were any tournaments nearby.

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 26, 2010, 12:39:07 PM »
welcome aboard ya'll.  :toot:
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 26, 2010, 09:51:25 PM »

Teaching people is hard, especially when they're kinda half into it =[
I'm like pretty much the only guy running the Vancouver scene.
Maybe one of these days, you guys could come up to Vancouver or we can go down to Seattle for some MB action >.>
Happy Birthday to the GROUND

Offline academico

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 28, 2010, 09:29:43 AM »
Hello people I'm from the argentina and want to learn about Melty Blood(waiting MBAA for PC) ;)

Lamentably there is no spanish section :-\ but I believe that I'm not going to have too many problems
Argentina MB fighter

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 28, 2010, 11:04:30 PM »
Hello people I'm from the argentina and want to learn about Melty Blood(waiting MBAA for PC) ;)

Lamentably there is no spanish section :-\ but I believe that I'm not going to have too many problems
You can always make a thread in the Regional Community board for any spanish speaking friends (if there isn't one already). 
---

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 28, 2010, 11:19:57 PM »

Teaching people is hard, especially when they're kinda half into it =[
I'm like pretty much the only guy running the Vancouver scene.
Maybe one of these days, you guys could come up to Vancouver or we can go down to Seattle for some MB action >.>

That'd be neat, I haven't seen most of the guys for awhile and I don't think you came down for PNW. :)
<Saya> fuck all of you

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 28, 2010, 11:51:45 PM »
Been a while since I took Spanish, so sorry for poor grammer / possible over familiarity.

Hola, beinvenido a la melty bread, ver Melty jugadors de América del Sur es bueno. Yo no sé cómo la communidad de melty de la Argentina esta; pero Yo sé Shingo DJ es un Melty Jugador de Argentina.
Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline academico

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 29, 2010, 05:37:43 AM »

You can always make a thread in the Regional Community board for any spanish speaking friends (if there isn't one already). 

Ok thanks for the tip.

Been a while since I took Spanish, so sorry for poor grammer / possible over familiarity.

Hola, beinvenido a la melty bread, ver Melty jugadors de América del Sur es bueno. Yo no sé cómo la communidad de melty de la Argentina esta; pero Yo sé Shingo DJ es un Melty Jugador de Argentina.
;)
Argentina MB fighter

Offline Kuro Kage

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Video Game Music Mixes
« Reply #1074 on: January 31, 2010, 02:36:46 AM »
@Lolisauce

PS2 emulators are massive resource hogs. Even with speed hacks, I would only get 3/4 speed in a best case scenario. Until they release Actress Again for the PC, I probably won't be playing it. As crazy as it sounds since it is still the best selling system of all time, I don't own an actual Playstation 2. So my options are non-existent. Getting Act Cadenza ver. B was more about going with the best route available. I could always go out buy a PS2 or buy a desktop with a PCI-e port, but that seems more costly. It was bad enough spending $70 on just the game. However, I could bug Rick down at James Games and ask him when he plans to invest in Actress Again.

@Cross Eyes

Adult Swim used to be a fantastic way to learn about anime. In fact, some of the best anime of all time have been shown to U.S. audiences through Toonami/Adult Swim. Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist, Wolf's Rain, Trigun, Big-O etc. But these days, I don't know what anime you think you will see on Adult Swim. Between syndicated programming from Fox (American Dad, King of the Hill, Family Guy) and a ton of horrible live action shows and medicore animated series (yes I am talking about Metalacolypse or however you spell it), I find adult swim to be a quesitonable source. Expand your horizons. Take the gamble. it is a short series. You can probably see episodes of it on Youtube. You could always continue calling Shiki, "fruit knife glasses guy" but I don't know how well that will bowl over in arcades and forums.

"Kanryu taigetsu
Saeru mizu no gotoshi"

- Shinmen Musashi no Kami Fujiwara no Genshin