hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 407202 times)

Offline riceman789

• $400 Man
  • Magic Circuits: 408
  • Let's go, get hype!
    • View Profile
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #1100 on: February 11, 2010, 01:57:21 AM »
Hey everyone, relatively new player here.

I dabbled with AC in the past, but after playing AA, I was convinced that this is a game I might want to take seriously. I live in Maryland, about 15 minutes from Baltimore and I'm looking forward to some competition.

Currently learning and deciding between F-Sion and F-Ries.

Haha dude I just tried F-Sion and F-Ries.  Both great characters to play as and a lot of I have to say. 
H-Vsion
"UNBARACKABLE" - LordKnight
F#$% him up like a nestle crunch!! - HyperHal
I got that IYO feeling!! - Jiyuna I'm Going IN!! - Jiyuna

Offline sal_says

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 11, 2010, 09:35:06 AM »
Hey guys whats up my name is Sal and I'm from the LA area. I've been aware of Melty for awhile since the days of the pc version but never knew there was a scene in So Cal or even a forum for the game. I've dabled with the game a bit and understand its mechanics to an extent. I main F White Len as well as C White Len and am around Arcade Infinity randomly but when I go I will play Melty or KoF mostly. I'm looking forward to meeting alot of you guys and getting a lot of fun games and memories off the game as well. Also if any of you also play KoF or CvS2 as well as SF 2 let me know and we could possibly play some games if your in the LA area.

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • All 3 Knife-wielders are dumb, nuff said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 12, 2010, 06:22:57 PM »
Been a melty player and a fan for awhile.I decided to join this site when i heard Melty Blood was going to featured at evo this year. I got pretty excited. I started feeling pissed off when the cvs2, third strike, and blazblue communities start talking trash about melty blood for being at evo this year. Calling it Mashy Blood, not a real fighting game, lolicon, and game just for weeboos and 2AAAAAAAAAA. Im Trying to increase my skills to prove them wrong and i believe i found the perfect place
Main: C/H/F Akiha. Sub: Anyone who doesn't have a knife, a momoji loop, a gun, a summon, a trenchcoat, who doesn't turn into a cat.

I suck at this game XD

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 13, 2010, 03:51:56 AM »
Yeah, a lot of people still don't realize/accept that melty has evolved from the mashy blood days (aka: MBAC).  It wouldn't be getting the spotlight right now if it hadn't improved this much.

Also, good to have you here sal and Yubel.  Welcome to the community.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 03:53:59 AM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline It is a mystery.

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 14, 2010, 03:08:41 PM »
Hi i just ordered MBAA after seeing some videos on youtube and i thought I'd best sign up here, (should only be a couple of days till it arrives) I'm a GG/BB player originally and Melty Blood just seems like my kind of fighting game. Oh yeah my name is Jake and i live in England which as far as i know has no fighting game community whatsoever.

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 14, 2010, 04:49:22 PM »
Welcome Shaker, trust me you'll love mbaa ;)
Main: C/H/F Akiha. Sub: Anyone who doesn't have a knife, a momoji loop, a gun, a summon, a trenchcoat, who doesn't turn into a cat.

I suck at this game XD

Offline Sharkkato103

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 14, 2010, 04:49:44 PM »
Hello everybody!  My name is Mike, usually go by the tag of Zyine for any game I play (Sharkkato103 is my user name for everything though).  Anyway, I would consider myself extremely new to the fighting game scene. I played a lot of melee, never too seriously, just to keep up with my friends who loved the competitive scene.  They then moved on to SFIV, and I just felt a whole ton was lacking in that - I really hate how the "combos" aren't showy and weren't all that 'amazing' (It also didn't help the character I liked was Vega, apparently trash according to my friends.) However, I have always been a fan of Tsukihime (Game and Manga), and I only found out recently that a game came out following it, and I eventually made my way here, and from the videos and things that I've seen so far, I think I like what I see.  ;D

Not much else to say I suppose, unless anyone could direct me to where I should go to:
A) Learn the basics of everything, seems like its a lot different than what I've been exposed to so far. (Especially the zoning game, and cross-ups seem way more involved here.)
B) From videos and what I know of the story and characters, I think I'm most interested in Arcueid and Riesbyfe.
C) Where do I find out where people in my area/nearby are playing/possible arcade locales?  Then I may actually be able to implement what I learn here =P

Uhh... yeah, that's about it.

Its nice to meet you all!

Edit: Forgot about part C.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:56:41 PM by Sharkkato103 »

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 14, 2010, 05:02:39 PM »
Hello everybody!  My name is Mike, usually go by the tag of Zyine for any game I play (Sharkkato103 is my user name for everything though).  Anyway, I would consider myself extremely new to the fighting game scene. I played a lot of melee, never too seriously, just to keep up with my friends who loved the competitive scene.  They then moved on to SFIV, and I just felt a whole ton was lacking in that - I really hate how the "combos" aren't showy and weren't all that 'amazing' (It also didn't help the character I liked was Vega, apparently trash according to my friends.) However, I have always been a fan of Tsukihime (Game and Manga), and I only found out recently that a game came out following it, and I eventually made my way here, and from the videos and things that I've seen so far, I think I like what I see.  ;D

Not much else to say I suppose, unless anyone could direct me to where I should go to:
A) Learn the basics of everything, seems like its a lot different than what I've been exposed to so far. (Especially the zoning game, and cross-ups seem way more involved here.)
B) From videos and what I know of the story and characters, I think I'm most interested in Arcueid and Riesbyfe.
C) Where do I find out where people in my area/nearby are playing/possible arcade locales?  Then I may actually be able to implement what I learn here =P

Welcome you'll find plenty of tips here to help u start in your melty career. Aruceid and Riesbyfe are both great characters to play with

I suck at this game XD

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 14, 2010, 07:05:35 PM »

Unless you're a sadist I'd suggest avoiding using Arc as your first character. She has great combo potential but that timing... :emo: Ries isn't a bad choice though.

Check the regional community section to find people in your area.

Welcome in.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 14, 2010, 08:07:36 PM »
Yeah, a lot of people still don't realize/accept that melty has evolved from the mashy blood days (aka: MBAC).  It wouldn't be getting the spotlight right now if it hadn't improved this much.

Also, good to have you here sal and Yubel.  Welcome to the community.

If it were still like MBAC I wouldn't be here again.
what the fuck is this game

Offline Inuzagi

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: February 14, 2010, 08:43:27 PM »
 Uh, hey what's up guys? Name's Inuzagi for just about everywhere online I go. I'm originally a GG player (since it's release back in 98) and a BB player.I first played Melty Blood around Re-Act's coming about (dabbed a little in it) and found it to be a pretty fun game. After that, I picked up Act Cadenza and found MB to be another main stay in my little collection of fighting games favorites. I'm not exactly a pro player, you know, still learning my way around the game and what not. I play as V.Sion mainly and somtimes V.Akiha. As for the scene for where I'm at....well, their is no scene down here. It's pretty much just me.

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 14, 2010, 09:33:25 PM »
Welcome to the melty community everyone; in my experience it's one of the most welcoming ones out there so you should all fit in.

Also, ~45 new members since the EVO announcement, not bad melty brothers, not bad at all.
Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline MagnusXL

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • j.C Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 15, 2010, 07:51:09 AM »
Currently learning and deciding between F-Sion and F-Ries.
You sir have good tastes. If I had to play Sion, I'd play F-Sion. Riesbyfe is just awesome no matter what version you play.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 07:54:18 AM by MagnusXL »
Honorary BC Player.

Offline krazykone123

• Apprentice
  • What's a Sacchin!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 15, 2010, 10:52:34 AM »
Salutations... new to the site but not to MB, basically I bought MBAC back in 2006 but never decided to take it to the next level til now (I blame EVO), anyway I'm currently in the process of ordering MBAA off of play-asia, as for mains it's lookin' like Sacchin and Aoko right now as for the style I'll wait until I get the game...

A little bit of background info
- I play everything (SF/KOF/GG/AH/BB/T6/VF/Vampire Savior etc) regardless if I'm good or not, I've played very few doujins because of my crappy CPU but I did get Akatsuki Blitzkampf and Big Bang Beat to run
- I grew up with Street Fighter (lol?) but I mostly prefer the Alpha series
- Most of my buddies are scrubs at FG's but I think Melty Blood will pull them out of that rut

anyway see you around on the website...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 12:33:24 PM by krazykone123 »

Offline Infinite

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 15, 2010, 12:30:18 PM »
Whats up melty bread! My username here is Infinite and I will be joining this ongoing discussion board of all things melt blood!

I never really knew about the existence of this game ( :slowpoke: ) until a I saw an arcade cabinet for it in the China town fair in NYC and I found it very intriguing. From there my friends who I didn't know played the game on a competitive level all now came clean with me and introduced me to an earlier iteration of the game; MBAC. Since I don't own a PS2 personally I have to play the game to understand basic melty concepts.

My main in MBAC was Nanaya Shiki cause I'm a big fan of aggressive play styles and from what I can perceive, that's what the character excels at. I still play him in MBAA.

I used to be a lurker on this site to find combos and strats but since the scene is growing with the announcement of MBAA being at evo I decided to buckle down and make an account.

My background of fighters are Super Smash Bros Melee and SF3: 3rd Strike. I played those game competitively and actually consider myself good in them. I played a ton of fighting games casualyl like GG and KoF as well.

I look forward to posting here  ;D

Offline darkpanzer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Where my combos at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 17, 2010, 09:41:03 AM »
Ok, I've been on this site since 2007, but never really was serious about MB until now. Reason being that there was no one to play around my area and all it was, was myself and a friend who quickly dropped it after one week. But now the competition is growing and everyone is playing. Colorado is stepping up. lol
TvC- Ryu Casshern
MvC2- Matrix
MBAA- C-Warc
SF4- Dictator

Offline Leine

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 20, 2010, 02:21:20 PM »
Hello, fellow Melty Bread peeps. Name's Jerry, been here since 2008, was introduced to Melty Blood because of the Type-Moon following, and I always wondered why the game was named so terribly. Game got me interested, so I decided to pick it up. I play C-Sion and I like color 17. Random info  :blah:

Used to play VF religiously, only background in FG I have   :'(
Trying to get dual citizenship now since I used to live in Windsor, Canada and now Detroit  :psyduck:
Didn't vote for EVO 2010 because I can't go, maybe when I turn 18 (17 right now), I might roll to Evo with my monies.

Offline Kurushii

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • 神いわゆるGOD
    • View Profile
    • Kurushii.tv
« Reply #1117 on: February 20, 2010, 08:36:01 PM »
Hello everyone! Been registered here for a good little bit and never bothered to post since I was always busy with BB stuff  (Some of your might know me for my contributions over at Dustloop). Recently some of my friends got me to look more into the changes that happen from MBAC to MBAA and got me hooked on how it has evolved. So I ordered MBAA and I am totally pleased to have a balanced fast paced fighter again in my hands. Currently I live in St. Pete, FL which is dead for a scene but hopefully I can get others to taste the blood. Well see you all around the bread. :3
Twitter: @Kurushii
Youtube: youtube.com/kurushiiEX
Stream: twitch.tv/kurushii

Offline blueNINE

• Apprentice
  • DORUFIN IS ATAKKU!!
    • View Profile
    • The Spoony Bards
« Reply #1118 on: February 20, 2010, 10:34:48 PM »
Hello, Meltyfolks.  I'm from Amherst, MA.  I've been playing fighting games since Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II back in the arcade days, and got more into the scene later on, with Guilty Gear XX #RELOAD.  At this point, I primarily play Guilty Gear XX Accent Core and Street Fighter IV.  I started playing Melty Blood with the original and Re・ ACT, but stopped for a while after playing those (though I did enjoy them).  Never wanted to play Melty competitively...until now.  Soon, I will buy Actress Again, and will give this game a shot in a new light.  I plan to play Riesbyfe.

The local scene has been getting more active, and people play on pretty much every Friday at the Battle Grounds fight nights in Vernon, CT.  Also, MBAA will be a semi-official tournament at the ACT series (also at BG).

See you at the tournaments/casuals! ^_^
野望に一歩前進♪

Offline kona

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • DOOOOOOOOOOOOOFUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 20, 2010, 11:15:18 PM »
Good shit, Nine! Glad to see you here.  :toot:
Gachi Rangers are so godlike

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 20, 2010, 11:52:31 PM »
Hey Nine, nice to see you here. We need to actually play some matches at EVO this year!
<Saya> fuck all of you
* Saya (~chatzilla@24.104.140.198) has left #mbaa

Offline Kiiroe

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 21, 2010, 10:34:54 AM »
Hey everybody i saw a video of MB a while ago and since then sf4 got kinda boring. The more i play it the more i dont wanna play it anymore. I don't actually own the game or a ps2 nor do i have anybody near me that plays it :emo: (that i know) but whatever ill order the game at some point. I thought i'd sign up for this site just to get a headstart on the game. It look really intersting and alot more offense-oriented ,which sf4 is not, which in turn seems funner.  :D

from what ive looked at i would like to play H-satsuki
I hope i can be a good contribution to the forums at some point.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:15:35 AM by Kiiroe »
They observe me operating my automobile,  They are prejudiced

Offline caiooa

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • aprentice button masher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 21, 2010, 12:43:03 PM »
welcome. Sachin isn`t one of the most beginers friendly characters, but it`s much better than Arcueid. If you wish to serach for a community in your location, check this http://www.meltybread.com/forums/regional-community/
HellLion:" i don't use windows 7 anymore. Now i use windows 7ya"

"it's not mash, it's triple tap!"

Offline Kiiroe

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 21, 2010, 12:46:53 PM »
Thanks ill definitely be looking there. and yea she just looked cool and i read a lot about her. What would you recommend as a beginner-friendly character. Or should i just play her, but it will take more work?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 12:49:39 PM by Kiiroe »
They observe me operating my automobile,  They are prejudiced

Offline caiooa

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • aprentice button masher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 21, 2010, 01:25:29 PM »
People usually consider ryesbief, ryougi and nanaya the easier to use and arcueid and kohaku a little to much effort to learn. But the half moon version of satsuki isn`t bad at all. You have nothing to care. (her old incarnation have a huge number of specifics in mechanics, but even in that time once you learn how to use her, everthing goes ok)  :)
HellLion:" i don't use windows 7 anymore. Now i use windows 7ya"

"it's not mash, it's triple tap!"