When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 407605 times)

Offline KurisuKappsu

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
    • CGA Gamming
Hello! Community!
« Reply #1150 on: March 11, 2010, 04:12:33 PM »
Hello all my name is kurisu ive been a big fan of melty blood and never even knew there was a community for the game. Im so happy to have finally found one. Some the other games i play are arcana heart blazblue guilty gear Soul cailbur 4. My main in melty blood is khohaku i also use hisui and shion. I also run a gamming  bussiness with my partner laswagga we host tournmants and everything and we also host melty blood tournments but i want do everything i can for this community so if anyone needs help with anything just ask me :) Arigatou for allowing me to join the community!
Are you tired? Etherite can also paralyze. You don't have to be shy when you faint.

Uh, Already done? It's not fun
  Please control your stupidity. Next time, choose your opponent wisely.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Hello! Community!
« Reply #1151 on: March 12, 2010, 11:11:04 PM »
Hello all my name is kurisu ive been a big fan of melty blood and never even knew there was a community for the game. Im so happy to have finally found one. Some the other games i play are arcana heart blazblue guilty gear Soul cailbur 4. My main in melty blood is khohaku i also use hisui and shion. I also run a gamming  bussiness with my partner laswagga we host tournmants and everything and we also host melty blood tournments but i want do everything i can for this community so if anyone needs help with anything just ask me :) Arigatou for allowing me to join the community!
Welcome.  You forgot to mention that you're from Georgia though.  Might help if you want your business/tournaments to get local melty support.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline rinoH

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #1152 on: March 14, 2010, 07:51:40 PM »
Hi im new to MBAA hoping to get better I play H-Chaos

Offline Cornix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Soup!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 16, 2010, 09:09:32 AM »
'ello. Long time stalker, MBAC showed up around my gaming community back in '07 and I loved it, been reading the boards on and off since then, unfortunately between me leaving for college and a few other things MBAC stopped being played around here for a while, but since the evo announcement me and a bunch of friends have picked it back up (or picked it up for the first time) and would like to play competitively (we were all playing to go to Evo anyway and would like to not completely scrub out of MBAA at least). Made this account back in february but have been lurking anyway until now.
I played Akiha and Len in MBAC, and look to be playing H-Len C-W Len and C-Akiha here in MBAA. I also play BB decently well as a Litchi which may have influenced wanting to play execution heavy characters.
But anyway, hello.
[00:47] <Cornix> Curbeh: How does one 'go back to neutral' more?
[00:47] <Curbeh> Put it on five
[00:47] <Curbeh> FUCKING STOP TIME
----- [03:00] <jiyuna> i lost nec and i fucked 19 women that night [03:00] <jiyuna> with tears in my eyes [03:00] <jiyuna> i made them pay

Offline Renka

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 22, 2010, 02:48:57 PM »
Yo~ I'm a bit new to MBAA, though I've been playing MBAC for awhile and I'm still not good at it. (aka iSUCK)
Anyways, I'm trying to main F-Miyako or C-Akiha~ Also hoping to get a stick...is there a cheap, good one for noobs? lol....

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • All 3 Knife-wielders are dumb, nuff said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: March 22, 2010, 02:55:27 PM »
Yo~ I'm a bit new to MBAA, though I've been playing MBAC for awhile and I'm still not good at it. (aka iSUCK)
Anyways, I'm trying to main F-Miyako or C-Akiha~ Also hoping to get a stick...is there a cheap, good one for noobs? lol....
Welcome. F-Miyako is a great chracter and C-Akiha is good for beginners. so either one is fine. When it comes to a stick the cheapest out there price wise is a mayflash universal fightstick. It runs about $40 dollars on play-asia and its great for modding
Main: C/H/F Akiha. Sub: Anyone who doesn't have a knife, a momoji loop, a gun, a summon, a trenchcoat, who doesn't turn into a cat.

I suck at this game XD

Offline Renka

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 22, 2010, 03:06:31 PM »
Welcome. F-Miyako is a great chracter and C-Akiha is good for beginners. so either one is fine. When it comes to a stick the cheapest out there price wise is a mayflash universal fightstick. It runs about $40 dollars on play-asia and its great for modding
Sanku~ The stick seems pretty reasonable/convenient so I might just get it.
Akiha was my main for mbac so I'm somewhat familiar with her. Just started Miyako though.  :bleh:

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #1157 on: March 22, 2010, 05:34:23 PM »
F-Miyako is great... if you can get her to hit. She smacks hard if you get her going, but you need to depend on her speed a lot, and if your opponent is smart he will try to zone her anywhere but immediately next to you.

Characters with good reach like Nero are Miyako's nightmares.
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 23, 2010, 02:53:16 AM »
F-Miyako is great... if you can get her to hit. She smacks hard if you get her going, but you need to depend on her speed a lot, and if your opponent is smart he will try to zone her anywhere but immediately next to you.

Characters with good reach like Nero are Miyako's nightmares.
Actually Miyako can eat up Nero pretty easily.  Her j.b beats out everything he has, including his anti-air attacks.  It's all a matter of spacing.  As a Miyako player, I'd say someone like Aoko, Mech, or Ryougi is a more scary opponent.  They can stuff your air game better.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #1159 on: March 23, 2010, 02:22:24 PM »
Yeah, they're reach machines too. And smaller.

But that's why I said "If you can get her to hit." :P
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline Renka

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 23, 2010, 03:14:52 PM »
Yeah, her range against some characters annoys me sometimes....make me want to ragequit. lol

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 23, 2010, 11:06:22 PM »
Yeah, they're reach machines too. And smaller.

But that's why I said "If you can get her to hit." :P
My point was the others can destroy her air game without having to risk getting hit.  Most of Nero's anti-airs are part of his body/hitbox, so you can beat them out while jumping in with her strong air normals.  This makes it a lot easier to get in on Nero than some of the other good zoners, which makes it a good matchup for Miyako.
---

Offline mechalolipop

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Pad-Assassin Aoko
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 05, 2010, 02:56:44 PM »
Yo, resident Long Island F-Aoko here. Props to Comic, Raven, LPT, Yubel Phoenix, and the others who were at Anime Boston. Good games all around.

I lurked around for a long time since I never really had anyone serious to play with, except a brother who uses C Ryougi. Sucks being too poor to travel and having friends who'd rather play SF4. :emo:

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 05, 2010, 03:05:26 PM »
Yo, resident Long Island F-Aoko here. Props to Comic, Raven, LPT, Yubel Phoenix, and the others who were at Anime Boston. Good games all around.

I lurked around for a long time since I never really had anyone serious to play with, except a brother who uses C Ryougi. Sucks being too poor to travel and having friends who'd rather play SF4. :emo:
Those were good matches. I still cant believe on the tournament day some us were playing mbaa for over 14hrs :bleh:. Keep on training with Aoko and Roa. Go to animeboston next year i want another session against you and your f-aoko. >:D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 03:19:20 PM by YubelPhoenix »
Main: C/H/F Akiha. Sub: Anyone who doesn't have a knife, a momoji loop, a gun, a summon, a trenchcoat, who doesn't turn into a cat.

I suck at this game XD

Offline mechalolipop

• Apprentice
  • Pad-Assassin Aoko
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 06, 2010, 06:38:33 AM »
Those were good matches. I still cant believe on the tournament day some us were playing mbaa for over 14hrs :bleh:. Keep on training with Aoko and Roa. Go to animeboston next year i want another session against you and your f-aoko. >:D
Lol, I wanted to log 14+ hours, but I was there for other things too. I even brought my PS2 and copy to the con so I could practice in the hotel room. I had way too much to do though.

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 06, 2010, 11:02:43 AM »
Lol, I wanted to log 14+ hours, but I was there for other things too. I even brought my PS2 and copy to the con so I could practice in the hotel room. I had way too much to do though.
I find it funny that they came up with so many excuses to cancel the mbaa tournament. First we didn't have enough people for the braggin rights tournament. We needed 8 people for a tournament and we had 10 people signed up. Then on sunday they put us at the 10am time slot when gameroom opened exactly at 10am. The only people there was me, zero and lordpangtong. The tried canceling it again but LPT saved the day with his epic angry complaint. Thats why we got moved up to 10pm.
Here's the final results of the tournament.
1. Comic Z, 2.LordPangTong, 3. Zero, 4. The LAzy One,  5. You  5. The Roist, 5. Me, 5.Desert Coffin, 6. Moku, 7. Phyx and last place is the guy i bribed to join the tournament by giving him a glazed donut :bleh:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 05:59:40 PM by YubelPhoenix »

I suck at this game XD

Offline mechalolipop

• Apprentice
  • Pad-Assassin Aoko
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 06, 2010, 01:35:05 PM »
Hmm? I remember getting 4th, though I could be wrong. I remember defeating The Lazy One and getting owned by Zero (that's where I decided to pick Roa in the first set, baaad move.)

F-Roa's the kind of character where you have to be two steps ahead of the opponent at all times I guess, you can't play him as a reactionary character because he's so sluggish. I'm too used to Aoko.

Even then, I really need to work on my blockstrings. I forgot that Aoko 2A and 2B give me frame advantage on block and kept linking into 3C uppercut (chance of whiffing) instead of block-confirming into axekick.

Offline Raijinili

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 06, 2010, 07:22:10 PM »
I joined to say: I traded that donut for an origami ring!

(Yeah, I suck at video games. Irysa bested me in AC in a few months even though I played way longer than him. Though it was only the second time I've ever played AA.)

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: April 07, 2010, 02:35:21 AM »
I joined to say: I traded that donut for an origami ring!

(Yeah, I suck at video games. Irysa bested me in AC in a few months even though I played way longer than him. Though it was only the second time I've ever played AA.)
Those were some good donuts ;D.Well at least you joined, just keep on practicing your Bnb's
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 07:33:19 AM by YubelPhoenix »

I suck at this game XD

Offline Bluescreen

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: April 08, 2010, 08:54:11 PM »
How's it goin, my name is Bluescreen, I'm an old-school MB player who's just starting to get into the competitive MB scene, after moving from other competitive games (namely DDR/ITG and Brawl). I'm from LA, and me and my roommate both play and are looking for competition/tourneys/friendlies/whatever you've got. So yeah, sup. Hopefully you guys won't hate me hahaha :]

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: April 09, 2010, 12:07:59 AM »
How's it goin, my name is Bluescreen, I'm an old-school MB player who's just starting to get into the competitive MB scene, after moving from other competitive games (namely DDR/ITG and Brawl). I'm from LA, and me and my roommate both play and are looking for competition/tourneys/friendlies/whatever you've got. So yeah, sup. Hopefully you guys won't hate me hahaha :]

Sweet. Nice to meecha, Bluescreen.  If you're lookin for any relative local scene, check out the SoCal threads in the "Regional Community" section. Yes, there are 2 of em.
:prinny:
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 09, 2010, 12:54:32 AM »

i lol'd
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 09, 2010, 01:57:03 AM »
Yo, I'm no fan of Brawl either, but don't be hatin in an intro thread.
---

Offline Bluescreen

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 09, 2010, 03:45:24 PM »
Nah, it's cool I'm not easily trolled lol (I've been on some pretty mean forums). Brawl has a big tournament community, that's why I played it. It's certainly bigger than MB's. There's large national tournaments (pot usually gets up to about 3k), so there's great potential for cashing in. I won't argue the fact that brawl is not a fighting game, for it certainly is not. But it definitely IS a competitive game as there ARE people that play it. But these days, I'm pretty roped up in BlazBlue.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: April 09, 2010, 11:40:34 PM »
Nah, it's cool I'm not easily trolled lol (I've been on some pretty mean forums). Brawl has a big tournament community, that's why I played it. It's certainly bigger than MB's. There's large national tournaments (pot usually gets up to about 3k), so there's great potential for cashing in. I won't argue the fact that brawl is not a fighting game, for it certainly is not. But it definitely IS a competitive game as there ARE people that play it. But these days, I'm pretty roped up in BlazBlue.
That's cool.  There's a surprising amount of crossover between the BB and MBAA scenes.
---