hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 407232 times)

Offline Macampos

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • This one's weird. Watch out, he might bite.
    • View Profile
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2007, 04:38:38 PM »
Dude, Mugen is just better. It perfectly represents the Melty Blood system and everything. Right down to your character switching with their reflection in the floor.
I doubt M.U.G.E.N. is better than the real thing. Transferring fighting game characters to M.U.G.E.N. changes the experience dramatically, and you have to relearn how to play characters if you switch from it to the character's real game. For instance, I can play Hayato and Jill in Marvel VS Capcom 2 a hella lot better in the real version than in the M.U.G.E.N. version.

That's not to say that Raien Makoto's, 9's, and ‡H's Melty Blood character's didn't pwn, though. They were very well made....

Sadly Chibi-sama, I don't think he's joking.

Oh please. For the love of god. This is an English forum. Don't us Japanese honorifics unless the sentence containing them is completely in Japanese. To go the 日本語BBS section for that sort of thing.

Dare I ask why you're flipping out over Japanese Honorifics?

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2007, 10:21:51 PM »

Shit, man. It's hard for me to say it properly. Basically, mixing up English and Japanese honorifics is horrifying. Due to past experiences at anime cons, high school, etc., I cannot look respectably on anyone who mixes the two together. They're people who have total hype for NIPPONGO and all things NIPPON and show what a NIPPONJIN they are, they mix up honorifics from another language into their already badly spoken English.

Yes, I'm biased. Why? I never got as bad as other people, but in my middle teenage years, I was one of the above nerds. I actually tried to imitate Dragon Ball Z characters and tried to shoot beams out of my hands (you are all free to lulz). Now I'm a hybrid geek who wears decent clothing, showers regularly, can speak normally in public, plays plenty of games, and watches plenty of anime and films. So considering MY evolution, I can either hate what I was and people who remind me of myself back in the day, or try to guide them in the "right" direction. This may fall on deaf ears at the moment, but hopefully you'll remember it if you clean up your act.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 11:10:36 PM by Choco »

Offline Macampos

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2007, 07:08:21 AM »

Shit, man. It's hard for me to say it properly. Basically, mixing up English and Japanese honorifics is horrifying. Due to past experiences at anime cons, high school, etc., I cannot look respectably on anyone who mixes the two together. They're people who have total hype for NIPPONGO and all things NIPPON and show what a NIPPONJIN they are, they mix up honorifics from another language into their already badly spoken English.

Yes, I'm biased. Why? I never got as bad as other people, but in my middle teenage years, I was one of the above nerds. I actually tried to imitate Dragon Ball Z characters and tried to shoot beams out of my hands (you are all free to lulz). Now I'm a hybrid geek who wears decent clothing, showers regularly, can speak normally in public, plays plenty of games, and watches plenty of anime and films. So considering MY evolution, I can either hate what I was and people who remind me of myself back in the day, or try to guide them in the "right" direction. This may fall on deaf ears at the moment, but hopefully you'll remember it if you clean up your act.

So let me get this straight....

Due to my use of "-sama" jokingly to refer to Master Chibi, (hence the first part of his name), you now think that I'm some sort of super-nerd of epic proportions that is threatening to infect other humans, turning them into the complete freaks of nature that are those who spend their days rushing from anime con to anime con in an eternal hunt for everything that goes *kawaii!* in the night?

Dude, it was just a joke. Jeeze. And as far as I'm concerned, I'm nowhere near as bad as you've described (that is, the DBZ hand signals and all.), nor do I have enough money just sitting around to hop planes to anime cons across the country. And as much as I would like to learn Nihongo (for my own reasons, of course), no, I don't normally prance around the real word spurting random Japanese words for no apparent reason.

Now then..... are we cool about this?

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2007, 08:00:47 AM »
We're cool, just not about "this" topic in general. Refer to this post for more information, as it ties in with the topic directly. I apologize for bringing this up on the introductory thread. Introductions should proceed as if noooothing happened. Nooothing.

Offline Hatred Edge

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2007, 08:47:21 AM »
Yo, new melty blood player here.  Just got my copy Sunday after 7pm.  I'm Sean aka Hatred Edge, member of dustloop.com. I'm black cuz I dunno how many black people play melty blood.  I have to state I'm black cuz my friends swear I'm was either A)Japanese (cuz I'm into anime and jap fighters)or B)white(cuz I like white girls and don't call people niggaz.)
I play Aozaki Aoko(main),Ciel,Nanaya Shiki,and Kishima Kouma.  I love this game. F---ing crazyass high speed combos!!!! :emo:
Hey I searched here, and circuit spark and can't find anything for Nanaya and Kishima.

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2007, 10:04:31 AM »
There's some info on BnBs in the Kouma forum, and the Aozaki Workshop inside Kohaku's Video Room forum will reference the best players for the character you're looking for, so that you can better find videos. Batsister is widely regarded as one of the top Kouma players in Japan, and there's a couple links already there.

<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline Hatred Edge

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2007, 04:05:53 PM »
yeah I'm gonna be checking that out soon thx! Kouma is >:D

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • How about some Ether Drive to the face!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2007, 08:57:16 PM »
I was thinking of writing something completely hysterical that pertained to Japanese honorifics, as well as a chanting muffin. I would love to type it in Japanese, but I lack the knowledge on how to change a keyboard into that mode (I can read and write Japanese in real life, aside from most kanji.) If you have this knowledge, let me know.

And for something on topic. Welcome new Melty Blood players and players who have just recently registered! I hope you all do well in this game. No matter how bad you lose, or how bad you seem to be, keep trying and keep practicing, because you won't get anywhere by just complaining or giving up on the game, instead of trying to be better. Thank you!
"Mmmm............ dead chicks."
             -Anonymous- (you know who you are)

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2007, 09:17:47 PM »

You realize how condescending you sound in this post?  You got no right to talk down to people because you think "hybrid geeks" are one step up

Elistism sucks - whatever form it's in

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2007, 12:22:46 AM »
I was thinking of writing something completely hysterical that pertained to Japanese honorifics, as well as a chanting muffin. I would love to type it in Japanese, but I lack the knowledge on how to change a keyboard into that mode (I can read and write Japanese in real life, aside from most kanji.) If you have this knowledge, let me know.

Behold! http://greggman.com/japan/xp-ime/xp-ime.htm - Picture tutorial. If you don't get it figured out, I can definitely help you set it up on Friday. Just bring the lappy with you~

You realize how condescending you sound in this post?  You got no right to talk down to people because you think "hybrid geeks" are one step up

Elistism sucks - whatever form it's in

I... agree. Pretty much instead of working out from the beginning, I came out swinging at the start. Damned alpha male tendencies. I think the story is valid to a point even if it's condescending, though. I just wan't being "nice" about it.

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • How about some Ether Drive to the face!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2007, 09:48:09 AM »
よかった。ありがとうございました。
"Mmmm............ dead chicks."
             -Anonymous- (you know who you are)

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2007, 02:06:26 PM »
My fragile mind thanks you for not using kanji in that statement.

(selfstudy'sabitch)

~M

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2007, 07:42:26 PM »
Hi new people. Aha, your new.
Don't mind the shit I send in the irc channel. The vids are always pretty dope.
what the fuck is this game

Offline s0ma

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2007, 09:39:38 PM »
Sup Melty Breaders.

I'm s0ma, and I live in So.Cal (San Gabriel Valley / Arcadia specifically.) I play reg. Akiha as my main. Just recently got a couple of friends into the game, and they're pretty much the only human matchups I get for the most part right now. I've hit up Arcade Infinity a couple of times in the past months, but that's about it. Hopefully that will change in the future.  :mystery:

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2007, 10:49:04 PM »
Welcome, s0ma! Keep the So.Cal scene alive!  :V

Have you considered heading to Evo World? Anyone here going?

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2007, 08:34:21 AM »
I'm Motoh.  I own minor hobbyists and the rare expert who slips up, but I'm still a nabcake myself.  Picked up Melty Blood on a mix of fighting game habit (SNK mostly) and a love of Type-Moon merchandising that's probably borderline unhealthy.

I live in central missouri against my will.  If anyone can save me or find a MB cab around here, I'll love you forever.

~M

I'm in Missouri =o!!!! I live in the suburbs of St. Louis D: LETS MEET UP
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2007, 11:06:55 AM »
Sounds hot.   Hit the regional community section, I have a thread on midwest there.

http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=297.0

~M

Offline Macampos

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2007, 11:36:07 AM »
I'm Motoh.  I own minor hobbyists and the rare expert who slips up, but I'm still a nabcake myself.  Picked up Melty Blood on a mix of fighting game habit (SNK mostly) and a love of Type-Moon merchandising that's probably borderline unhealthy.

I live in central missouri against my will.  If anyone can save me or find a MB cab around here, I'll love you forever.

~M

I'm in Missouri =o!!!! I live in the suburbs of St. Louis D: LETS MEET UP

Yay, two other people who live in Missouri! And here I was getting lonely...

Offline s0ma

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 05, 2007, 05:24:28 PM »
Welcome, s0ma! Keep the So.Cal scene alive!  :V

Have you considered heading to Evo World? Anyone here going?

Probably not this year  :(. Anime Expo took all my funds (as it usually tends to do every year :P.)

Hopefully I can budget myself for both AX and Evo in '08.

Offline Vare

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Eternal Facepalm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 11, 2007, 07:46:39 AM »
Hello, I'm Vare. I live in Wisconsin, and Motoh brought me here. I like to think I give him a good run for his money, when I'm lucky, that is.

Offline ZaketoX2

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2007, 07:16:03 AM »
I'm Zaketo and I live in Ohio.

I WILL RULE YOU!

Offline Dark0904

• Apprentice
  • Arcueid For ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2007, 05:22:27 PM »
Hello ppl.

I'm Darkueid or Dark0904. I'm one of the biggest fans of the beautyful arcueid and nice to met this awesome community is good to see a forum of just melty blood!!! :D

EDIT: what i need to put my signatures? <--- I putted that code and doesn't appear
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 05:33:16 PM by Dark0904 »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2007, 05:46:56 PM »
Hello ppl.

I'm Darkueid or Dark0904. I'm one of the biggest fans of the beautyful arcueid and nice to met this awesome community is good to see a forum of just melty blood!!! :D

EDIT: what i need to put my signatures? <--- I putted that code and doesn't appear
No images in signatures man.  You'll have to settle for just text.

And welcome to the forum.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Dark0904

• Apprentice
  • Arcueid For ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 19, 2007, 05:59:49 PM »
Hello ppl.

No images in signatures man.  You'll have to settle for just text.

And welcome to the forum.

Oh well thank you. I like your name xD Loli Sauce

Offline Leicanos

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 19, 2007, 08:43:43 PM »
I'm Zaketo and I live in Ohio.

I WILL RULE YOU!

Which part of Ohio :o