hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 407302 times)

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #1350 on: September 27, 2010, 09:45:41 PM »
its a real shame that this game is so unappreciated in the west coast, the game is a thousandfold more balanced and offensive then Blazblue and 3D super turbo

Fixed
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline Havoczephyr

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • ⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨
    • View Profile
不思議の国のアリス~

Cirno: I am an air conditioner!

Offline TrueGunnerShadow

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • Ya don't know about that TK EX Bite with C-Satsuki
    • View Profile
    • TrueGunnerShadow's Twitter
« Reply #1352 on: October 10, 2010, 10:15:47 AM »
The New Guy Here
My Name is Chris aka TrueGunnerShadow.
I'm also from the SRK Forums, Dustloop (Known as GunslingerSonic), SEGA.com, Destructive-Nature and so many more.
Big Shadow The Hedgehog Fan.
I like to play Satsuki on Melty Blood.
Nice to meet all of you.
http://www.youtube.com/xTrueGunnerShadow
Under Night In-Birth: Linne and Yuzuriha
Melty Blood: C-Satsuki
Twitter @TruGunnerShadow (http://www.twitter.com/TruGunnerShadow)

Offline It is a mystery.

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: October 14, 2010, 12:56:25 PM »
Hi, welcome to the forums.

Offline BlueBlueAquamarine

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: October 14, 2010, 06:09:53 PM »
Hello!

My name is Aqua! I have recently rekindled my interest in fighting game. I am not really associated with any other large fighter forums.
Still, I do understand almost all of the terminologies used around in this forum from years of lurking during MBAC days!

Speaking of MBAC, I used to be a regular MBAC player. During those days, I played mostly with Koreans, who did have quite an active Melty community. I played mostly Kouma and some Arc. I wanted to play Satsuki, but I could never really get familiar with her.

As for MBAA..... I haven't even played it yet (sorry). I am joining this forum because I will be getting it soon (yay for PS2). I've seen some match videos (thanks to meltybread on youtube) and they certainly look much more hype than Act Cadenza. Can't wait till I get my hands on MBAA!!! Will probably try F-Kouma and C/F-Arc first, since I am used to them (F-Arc seems to play a bit differently but looks awesome).

Local scene.... can't comment much on that since I haven't even started yet. Unfortunately, I know little about mid-Atlantic US (where I live now) melty. This area doesn't seem as hype as Northeast or West Coast, so..... Real life work and study also severely hampers my ability to travel.

Another fighter I used to play was Tekken (Devil Jin), but I am not thinking about picking that up again. 2D > 3D :toot:
The Eternal Noob
Plays only the Manliest Chars: Kouma, Len

Offline DarkLeviathan

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: October 22, 2010, 07:06:58 AM »
Sup everyone.

DarkLeviathan here. I got into MBAC this past summer, and T started playing MBAA this September since my roommate has access to it now. I main C-Ciel and secondary F-Len.

I'm actually pretty new to fighting games compared to a lot of people I've talked to. I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl a lot a few years ago, and while I enjoy Tekken and Blazblue, I don't play them competitively. Melty Blood is probably the first "real" fighting game that I feel really comfortable playing.

I haven't run into any other Melty players other than a few of my friends online, and two of my roommates who play casually. I'm from New Jersey, which I've heard is a hotbed of MB players, and if anyone is in the Rutgers- New Brunswick area, I'd be down for some friendlies.

Offline Plamya

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: October 22, 2010, 09:48:43 AM »
Hey everyone, I've been skimming the forums for a while, but never posted before; I'm a huge Type Moon and fighting game fan.

I've played MBAC for a while, but with the MBAA out and starting college, I kind of stopped for a couple years. Since then I've been trying to find a replacement with BlazBlue and SF4, but neither really does it for me. So I finally picked up MBAA (Someone really needs to port this to the PS3, or even PC), not sure who I'm going to try picking up yet.

I'm currently in the UC San Diego area, I've heard there's some fighting game scenes down here, but all I've found nearby are SF4 and Smash. Of course, I might just be failing at looking around X(

-Plamya

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: October 22, 2010, 10:32:06 AM »
Sup everyone.

DarkLeviathan here. I got into MBAC this past summer, and T started playing MBAA this September since my roommate has access to it now. I main C-Ciel and secondary F-Len.

I'm actually pretty new to fighting games compared to a lot of people I've talked to. I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl a lot a few years ago, and while I enjoy Tekken and Blazblue, I don't play them competitively. Melty Blood is probably the first "real" fighting game that I feel really comfortable playing.

I haven't run into any other Melty players other than a few of my friends online, and two of my roommates who play casually. I'm from New Jersey, which I've heard is a hotbed of MB players, and if anyone is in the Rutgers- New Brunswick area, I'd be down for some friendlies.

Hey everyone, I've been skimming the forums for a while, but never posted before; I'm a huge Type Moon and fighting game fan.

I've played MBAC for a while, but with the MBAA out and starting college, I kind of stopped for a couple years. Since then I've been trying to find a replacement with BlazBlue and SF4, but neither really does it for me. So I finally picked up MBAA (Someone really needs to port this to the PS3, or even PC), not sure who I'm going to try picking up yet.

I'm currently in the UC San Diego area, I've heard there's some fighting game scenes down here, but all I've found nearby are SF4 and Smash. Of course, I might just be failing at looking around X(

-Plamya

Hello!

My name is Aqua! I have recently rekindled my interest in fighting game. I am not really associated with any other large fighter forums.
Still, I do understand almost all of the terminologies used around in this forum from years of lurking during MBAC days!

Speaking of MBAC, I used to be a regular MBAC player. During those days, I played mostly with Koreans, who did have quite an active Melty community. I played mostly Kouma and some Arc. I wanted to play Satsuki, but I could never really get familiar with her.

As for MBAA..... I haven't even played it yet (sorry). I am joining this forum because I will be getting it soon (yay for PS2). I've seen some match videos (thanks to meltybread on youtube) and they certainly look much more hype than Act Cadenza. Can't wait till I get my hands on MBAA!!! Will probably try F-Kouma and C/F-Arc first, since I am used to them (F-Arc seems to play a bit differently but looks awesome).

Local scene.... can't comment much on that since I haven't even started yet. Unfortunately, I know little about mid-Atlantic US (where I live now) melty. This area doesn't seem as hype as Northeast or West Coast, so..... Real life work and study also severely hampers my ability to travel.

Another fighter I used to play was Tekken (Devil Jin), but I am not thinking about picking that up again. 2D > 3D :toot:

Hi welcome you three, the wonderful world of mb awaits. /proffoak

@plamya: You're about say, 1 hour away from your closest known competition (Bellreisa). Although the socal scene hasn't been very active lately, maybe Bell will have some gatherings as most people in socal usually meet at his place (they're scattered around Irvine area). Don't lose hope D:

http://www.meltybread.com/forums/regional-community/west-coast-people-not-at-ai/ This thread should be useful

@Darkleviathan: You're a bit luckier. Theres a quite a few melty players in NJ, the best players from NJ, they don't usually post in the regional forums though and usually organize through IRC.

@BlueBlueAqua: Annyong, what state are you located in?

You guys should get on IRC: irc.mizuumi.net #mbaa,

if you don't have a irc client click here and use the browser based one: http://mizuumi.net/ Go to the "Chat" drop down menu on the top and click on #MBAA

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 10:34:31 AM by ehrik »
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline BlueBlueAquamarine

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: October 28, 2010, 05:17:57 PM »
I am in MD near greater Washington DC.

I did find a thread from that area in the regions board on meltybread, but it feels like a joke board :slowpoke:.

Thanks for the welcome, ehrik.
The Eternal Noob
Plays only the Manliest Chars: Kouma, Len

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: October 28, 2010, 05:24:44 PM »
I am in MD near greater Washington DC.

I did find a thread from that area in the regions board on meltybread, but it feels like a joke board :slowpoke:.

Thanks for the welcome, ehrik.

MD/VA was one of the more active communities, but now its kind of dying (melty wise, and post wise). But you'll still find people who want to play melty there though, just post in it. Either that or go onto IRC channel i mentioned in my other post and talk to them directly. They're more active there

Rayza, Rei, Curbeh, LegendaryBlueShirt, LobsterLuckus, etc, look for these guys

edit: I'm pretty much wrong, everyone except rayza still wants to play melty but no one posts in the forum
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:35:39 PM by ehrik »
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Plamya

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: October 29, 2010, 09:12:37 AM »
@plamya: You're about say, 1 hour away from your closest known competition (Bellreisa). Although the socal scene hasn't been very active lately, maybe Bell will have some gatherings as most people in socal usually meet at his place (they're scattered around Irvine area). Don't lose hope D:

http://www.meltybread.com/forums/regional-community/west-coast-people-not-at-ai/ This thread should be useful

Thanks. I'll check out the thread. Now that midterms are finally over >_<

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #1361 on: October 29, 2010, 04:06:15 PM »
ARRRGH EHRIK YOUR AVATAR GIVES ME AIDS
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: October 29, 2010, 05:50:42 PM »
ARRRGH EHRIK YOUR AVATAR GIVES ME AIDS

I believe we're fucking doomed if AIDS can be transmitted via the net.  :psyduck:
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline vZakat

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 01, 2010, 04:36:06 PM »
Hi everyone. I'm new. I guess I'll introduce myself. I'm vZakat. I've been an SSBM player for many years and am trying to get into some "traditional" 2d fighters as well. I got GGAC+ when it came out but it seems like the seen for that is dieing so I'm trying out MB and so far I love it. I'm in north carolina in the raleigh area. From lurking a bit in the NC thread it looks like that's where everyone in nc plays, though they aren't very active on the boards. I tend to be a lurker so you probably won't hear much from me (if at all), but it's nice to be hear.  :D

Also, is there anywhere I can post vids/replays of me playing MBAC for feedback? Just wondering...

Offline Kronic

• dicks about
  • Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 09, 2010, 04:46:54 AM »
Evening all.

I'm terrible at introductions, so I'll try to keep it brief. First got into MB around 3 months back, around a month after I played through Tsukihime. Ended up playing the original MB as an old friend had a copy, followed by me purchasing AC. Waiting for AA to arrive now. :3

Anyhow; regarding myself, I'm an old fashioned type with a penchant for being excessively cautious in both speech and behaviour. Coupled with a rather perverted mind, this tends to lead to me either saying very little or just blethering perversity in every second sentence. I do try to tone it down online. Apologies in advance.
Other hobbies include reading, anime and music; with a wide range of tastes throughout: I'm willing to try almost anything once.

I'll just try to convey a better impression through my actions than I can through this post; it'll likely be easier.

Regards.

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: November 09, 2010, 05:08:10 AM »
Welcome and enjoy your stay. Find your location thread on the Regional Community subforum. Unless you're from the South...oop aww.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline Kronic

• dicks about
  • Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: November 09, 2010, 05:15:16 AM »
Already checked, but being from the rural backwaters of Scotland, I was unsurprised with the lack of a thread. :3

Offline PyroRyuken

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 09, 2010, 09:07:09 AM »
Hey guys.  My name is Izumi.  Haven't picked a main yet as I don't have the game yet, but I will soon.  I live in SoCal and I'm trying to figure out what the scene down here is like.   

Offline ToastCrust

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Do you even have balls?
    • View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #1368 on: November 10, 2010, 09:24:42 PM »
Hi. I've been around the TM scene since like, when The Moonlit World was the only source of English Tsukihime info that existed. Got interested in getting nittygritty with Fighting games about a year ago, recently went WOW MY AREA HAS A SCENE WTF so decided I had to try MBAA. Kinda late of me though, I guess.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 12, 2010, 04:28:35 PM »
Hey guys.  My name is Izumi.  Haven't picked a main yet as I don't have the game yet, but I will soon.  I live in SoCal and I'm trying to figure out what the scene down here is like.   
Unfortunately Socal is too scattered and nobody really wants to commit to driving to Temecula to actually get games.  =\  Nobody else apparently wants to hold gatherings or take the time and effort to scenebuild (outside of bell, who's the Temecula guy).  You might be able to get sparse games here or there, but chances are it'll be a little difficult.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Kronic

• dicks about
  • Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 12, 2010, 04:39:23 PM »
I await the day one of you decides to pass through Scotland.  :'(

Offline PyroRyuken

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 12, 2010, 11:02:14 PM »
Yeah I asked around and thats what it seems like.  It seems like Bell is the only one I can find nearby who will be willing to play.. maybe.  Seems like I'm left to playing with friends nearby who are interested.  Sigh :(  

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #1372 on: November 13, 2010, 12:09:37 AM »
Welcome and enjoy your stay. Find your location thread on the Regional Community subforum. Unless you're from the South...oop aww.
...Dammit, I heard Guile from Super Street Fighter II in my head, too.

My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline Shion

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 13, 2010, 10:31:33 AM »
Hey folks. I've actually been registered here for quite a while, just never made a post like this. Figured I might as well, for those wondering who I am :V

Anyway, I'm 21-year-old Dutch player. I've been (net)playing since the early MBAC era, and a couple of AA sessions with fellow European players (as scarce as they may be).

My mains are F-Mecha and F-Kohaku, and I'm pretty bad at the game. I'm enthusiastic about it however, and it's always good times when I get the chance to play it.

I use the alias Kohaku_ on the european IRC channel. See ya around!

Offline Kendrik

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: November 14, 2010, 10:12:55 AM »
Well hello there. Fancy meeting you in a place like this.

I'm Kenny. Full-time college student. Currently enrolled in a culinary program to boost my cooking skills. Been playing fighting games for quite a while, but only started to take them remotely seriously since King of Fighters XI. I'm definitely new to this new school of fighting games, but I'm rather hooked. I can only really focus on one or two fighting games at a time if I actually want to get good at them, but Melty Blood intrigues me.

So, I'm giving it a shot. Figured I should get to know the best place around for Melty info and conversation, too. Thus, I'm here.

Gonna be trying to get some online matches in MBAC, but I am brand new to the game, so I'll probably be a bit scrubby. Liking it so far. If I get hooked, I'll main it over BlazBlue as my 2D fighter of choice.

Anyway, glad to be here. If you're up for playing online with me, let me know. I'd love to learn through match play.

Oh, and I live in Washington state.