hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 406920 times)

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2007, 03:03:55 PM »
Hey I'm Dev and I reside in NorCal. I've been lurking around Meltybread for awhile now but it wasn't untill I went to AX and talked to a few forum goers (mostly Mailorder) that I decided to stop being lazy and create an account. So here I am...

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2007, 08:17:36 PM »
Hey I'm Dev and I reside in NorCal. I've been lurking around Meltybread for awhile now but it wasn't untill I went to AX and talked to a few forum goers (mostly Mailorder) that I decided to stop being lazy and create an account. So here I am...

Get down over where Magz and I are.
what the fuck is this game

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2007, 09:59:10 AM »
Union City? No problem...

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2007, 01:09:50 PM »
Well, mags is over in SJ, and after the release, and before Evo, I want to get a little nor-cal MBAC tourney running.

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2007, 03:26:48 PM »
Sounds good. Depending if it's during my work hours or not i'd definitely be up to getting my ass kicked in a tourney. I'll keep my eyes open for when you post the details.

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2007, 04:14:54 PM »
Hey all! I'm Pikachu_Fragger, and I'm just a casual Melty Blood player (Final Tune usually, but I can handle Act Cadenza where available). I'm quite close to an Act Cadenza machine in Arcade Infinity in SoCal. I rarely go though, and the last time I went there it was still Version A (I heard it became Version B lately) - I usually go there to play Wangan Midnight Max Tune when I was still active in that game. When I'm not playing that though, I definitely play MB. Contrary to my avatar though, I prefer Kohaku and Hisui.

Last time I played Act Cadenza was at Anime Expo, and I think I got my ass handed to me by Leo (I had no idea what he looked like other than he was a very good Satsuki player), and he kicked me out of the machine just in time, lol (I had to go back to the convention center). Hearing much later on that said Satsuki player racked up 39 straight wins probably made that possibility even more likely. :mystery:

Anyway, I'll probably just lurk for now. :V
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2007, 06:32:56 PM »
Suppp fellow Max tune2 player.  I used to have three max tuned cars: MR2, Evo 8, Z31 (lawl).... and almost max tuned an R32.  yes, I used the tape trick.

but yeah, then I lost my wallet.  so bye bye cards.  now I quit the game.  oh well, I sucked anyway.  I could beat any casual player, but L-O-L at my time trial attempts.  even in Arizona, we had a dude in EVIL* rockin all the top scores on the machines at Golfland.  then if you went to Castles and Coasters or Gameworks, there was this Black dude who beat everyone.  He mentioned something about being in 7nights, but then I guess he wasn't in it anymore or something.  I dunno.

: (

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2007, 02:05:44 AM »
Suppp fellow Max tune2 player.  I used to have three max tuned cars: MR2, Evo 8, Z31 (lawl).... and almost max tuned an R32.  yes, I used the tape trick.

but yeah, then I lost my wallet.  so bye bye cards.  now I quit the game.  oh well, I sucked anyway.  I could beat any casual player, but L-O-L at my time trial attempts.  even in Arizona, we had a dude in EVIL* rockin all the top scores on the machines at Golfland.  then if you went to Castles and Coasters or Gameworks, there was this Black dude who beat everyone.  He mentioned something about being in 7nights, but then I guess he wasn't in it anymore or something.  I dunno.

: (

My two main cards are a shaded R32 and an unshaded S30. I used to be in a team myself, but then we got bored and disbanded right when 7Nights and Evil* was created (and wanted to challenge us, lol), after which I just stopped playing mainly to save money AND wait for Max Tune 3.

To pass the time until then, I practice Kohaku's 22B or 22C. ;D

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2007, 08:51:32 PM »
I'm Zaketo and I live in Ohio.

I WILL RULE YOU!

Which part of Ohio :o
Who lives in ohio? Since when do people live in ohio?

By the way, Are Melty Blood and Melty Bread different games?

Offline FatalFuryDensetsu

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2007, 04:53:44 PM »
Hello, folks. I'm from so cali originally and I used to play EFZ. Then I had to sell my PC.. but that ain't a problem once I get through my current personal situation. I don't know the forum rules and stuff here, so please let me know if I'm doing anything yall aint likin. But yeah I saw some names I recognized so I went ahead and registered. I miss yall socal, I hope you guys are doing well.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2007, 06:00:33 PM »
I'm a smooth pimp who loves the pussy, and IPwnWitTohno is my black man servant. Theres a reference for you to think about! O_o

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

I'm Morris Day and you're Jerome bitch, don't forget that.

I'm Rei (Actual name) from Maryland, I use Aka Akiha.
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Duralath

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Unlimited Blade Works
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2007, 08:58:17 PM »
Hi.

I'm Andrew.  A.k.a. Duralath.  I'm actually a 3rd Strike player (and former Initial D player), but at the nagging of Arlieth, I've started to pick up Melty Blood (considering either Satsuki or Kouma, though I'm kinda leaning towards Kouma now).
"So, the Energizer Bunny was Duracell, right...?"

Offline Chun (中)

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • Aozaki: Miss=Blue
    • View Profile
    • Plain Rice is Delicious
« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2007, 08:21:30 PM »
It seems that I missed this thread the first time around, so let me finish here...

Hello, I'm Chun from Santa Clara, CA. Been playing Melty on and off for two years, no real competitive play experience except for some recent matches in the past few months. You might know me as Shintani-subs QC/Editor for Hidamari Sketch, or that guy that talks about Pangya (aka Loligolf) on his own channel under the name "ChunMeiling".

I mainly play Hisui & Kohaku, Kohaku solo, and dabble in Satsuki here and there.

I'm currently learning Aoko, and want to learn Akiha eventually.

I used to play Ciel pretty heavily, but now I've decided kind of against it after the Tsukihime story path end.

I hope to improve my game with the matches we play with one another. Good to be here.

~Chun
Melty Blood
Main: Aoko
Secondary: Kohaku
How about those orbs? BlazBlue: Litchi Arcana Heart: Kamui (Bha/Pa), Mei-Fang (LaGo) CvS2: K- Mai, Morrigan, Nakoruru (2)

Offline mrthefter

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Now I've lost it. I know I can kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2007, 07:26:02 PM »
About four posts later, I make my introduction...

Name's Joey (that was my given name) but I also respond to Jo + any suffix, and Wesley. Long story.

I live in sunny SoCal, LA County, near Rosemead, specifically, Temple City. Although, I'm gonna be at USC in two weeks, for college, so that actually puts me farther from the local scene.
Speaking of which, I plan to get involved in the MB scene here once my car's fixed (I'm aiming for November).
I almost picked up the game a few years ago, but for some reason or another, didn't until just a little while ago. I'm mainly an Arc user, but I'll probably be picking up one or two other characters, before I get into competition.

Oh, and just as a side note, I've gotten through Tsukihime. Planning on starting KT soon.

Offline Satsujinki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • 月を穿つ
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2007, 10:51:19 PM »
:3 hey all, i suppose its a little past overdue for this, but no time is  better than now.

anyway good to make acquaintances with ye. i am under the handle Satsujinki which would refer to shiki tohno in the (still non-existant) tsukihime 2 (well atleast according to side stories of what happens after tsukihime/melty blood)

ive been following the melty blood scene ever since the first release of Re-Act for PC, my original interest in the game stemmed from the fact that i am a fan and follower of type-moon's works.

it wasn't until this year's fanimecon did i know there was an actual competitive nature to melty blood outside of japan, god forbid there actually be arcade machines of melty blood outside of japan, i was stricken with disbelief that i had actually played an arcade version of melty blood, and come across players who had far exceeded my perceptions of the games capabilities.

so here i am now, on meltybread, which ive learned of only a few months ago. posting about myself.

anyway im from sacramento, ca and along with a group of quite a number of other people, have been attempting to build up our MB community. the local anime convention that occurred not too long ago showed promise with the amount of people who were interested or already into the MB scene.

my primary characters are both shiki (tohno seemed to get improved upon greatly in ver.b) and im starting to get comfortable with white len's pokes and wakeup games.

i've come across some seriously bad-ass players (mostly at fanime) but even at small meetings, people still seem to surprise me. (100% gar juice even)

COURAGE CAN TURN 1% INTO 100%

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2007, 11:40:36 PM »
White Len fucking sucks. Trust me.

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 09, 2007, 02:41:14 AM »
'Sup people.  Kryo here.  I play R.Arc and Akiha and I goof around w/ W.Len, Aoko, and Kouma.  I'm in northern Orange County so Arcade Infinity is my main hub.  It's asian invasion there but at least the girls are better looking than at any other arcade.  Interface isn't too far so I go to WT w/ Scott and Leo when I have the chance.  You can pretty much blame them for keeping me playing.
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline liger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 09, 2007, 12:08:31 PM »
Ahahah... One month after I join I find the intro thread. :psyduck:

I'm from New York. I use Shiki Tohno and Nanaya mainly, and will play as Aka Akiha or Ciel on occation. :)

What's my local area like... Hmm... Pretty much no one plays Melty Blood. :-X Not too many arcades around here, and no arcades with Melty Blood. ;_; So I play ReAct and Act Cadenza on my PC all by my lonesome cause I dunno how to get netplay to work... So I've not played Melty Blood against a human before. :-\ The only game I play with people would be Super Smash Bros Melee. :V

Nice to meet you all.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #193 on: August 09, 2007, 12:23:48 PM »
Where in NY are you?

:O
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #194 on: August 09, 2007, 12:40:59 PM »

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT

DOES IT HAVE RABIES :psyduck:
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 09, 2007, 02:03:26 PM »

WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION! IT IS TOO CUTE WE MUST DESTROY IT!

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 09, 2007, 09:01:14 PM »

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT

DOES IT HAVE RABIES :psyduck:
JESUS CHRIST, I'M GETTING DIABETUS JUST LOOKING AT IT

Oh, and uh, hi. :V (I also propose we make it a smiley lol)

Quote from: WickedElement's sig
Arcades I have been and still go to -
Arcade Infinity(CA)/Super Arcade(CA)/James Games(CA)/Action Arcade/(CA)Powerhouse(CA)/Cal Poly Pomona Game Room(CA)
Family Fun Arcade(CA)/Chinatown Fair(NY)/Little Tokyo Arcade(CA)/Regency Fun Center(CA)/Gameworks[Ontario](CA)/Gameworks[Seattle](WA)

Wait, wait, waaaaaiiiiitaminute.

*re-reads*

Quote from: WickedElement's sig
Arcades I have been and still go to -
Arcade Infinity(CA)/Super Arcade(CA)/James Games(CA)/Action Arcade/(CA)Powerhouse(CA)/Cal Poly Pomona Game Room(CA)
Family Fun Arcade(CA)/Chinatown Fair(NY)/Little Tokyo Arcade(CA)/Regency Fun Center(CA)/Gameworks[Ontario](CA)/Gameworks[Seattle](WA)

Since when did the world get so small? You go to CPP? :o
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 09:30:50 PM by Pikachu_Fragger »

Offline Phae

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2007, 01:59:53 AM »
Hiya!

Oh jesus christ this board has some of the smilies from SA..  :emo:

Anywho,

My name is Phae, if you feel fancy you can call me Sarin I won't mind but try to not use my real name if you know it. I'm 21 years old and I am a girl (omgosh) from Brooklyn, NYC. I go to Chinatown Fair where we do not have MB and I have actually never played it before.

But I hang out often in #MBAC and I decided I may as well join the channel. I actually play Arcana Heart and CvS2 but eventually I would like to learn some MB so I can lose constantly in that game too.

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2007, 02:01:53 AM »
HAY MICHAELS
215-218-8244

Offline Phae

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile