hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 407673 times)

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #1525 on: December 31, 2011, 09:39:31 PM »
I already introduced myself once, but it was so freakin' long ago it probably doesn't matter anymore.

Name used to be DZ, now's Sh1k1. Long time player, long time lurker, all time sucker, and I still enjoy getting my ass kicked in Meltan.

This isn't the Melty Bread I used to know. ;_; Still, progress must be praised and encouraged, so props for upgrading to SMF2.0.

...Fuck I'm old. Though admittedly it feels kinda good to be back.

Now to find someone who wants to kick my ass again on netplay in Current Code...
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: December 31, 2011, 09:59:32 PM »
I already introduced myself once, but it was so freakin' long ago it probably doesn't matter anymore.

Name used to be DZ, now's Sh1k1. Long time player, long time lurker, all time sucker, and I still enjoy getting my ass kicked in Meltan.

This isn't the Melty Bread I used to know. ;_; Still, progress must be praised and encouraged, so props for upgrading to SMF2.0.

...Fuck I'm old. Though admittedly it feels kinda good to be back.

Now to find someone who wants to kick my ass again on netplay in Current Code...

Welcome again, visit IRC and check threads for your info, alot will be passed around soon
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Gramas

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: January 01, 2012, 03:44:07 AM »
Helloooh I'm new to melty since my local BB scene(Rome)wants to pick up MBAACC and I will give a shot to the game

Please answer me on the c-aoko post^^

Offline Mengjun

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: January 01, 2012, 04:26:54 AM »
Hey everyone,

Mengjun here, from the Netherlands. Melty-fan since AA, mainly played F-Ries then (also tried other full moon characters like F-Ciel, F-Kouma, F-Seifuku). I think I'm going to main F-PCL in CC, liked her so far. Also played some other fighting games, like Blazblue, and UMvC3.

Some of you might also have already noticed that I also like to delve in the numbers behind the game ^^; /nerd

Nice to meet you all!

Offline CAJones220

• Apprentice
  • "i AM the rules" -Gilgamesh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: January 04, 2012, 08:33:43 AM »
Hey everyone, i'm new to the melty blood game but I have been following type moon and fighting games both for quite some time. When I finally got my hands on this game I was very excited. So far i'm still exploring the cast of characters but right now i play Aoko, Shiki T., and Mech Hisui. I live in Alamogordo, New Mexico so it goes without saying that the local scene is a small group of my friends huddled around a ps2, well until we nab the cpu version.
Gems?! we don't need to stickin gems!

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: January 04, 2012, 08:49:09 AM »
Hey guys, welcome to melty blood, I hope you all enjoy your stay and stick around

Offline Lunatic Faker

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: January 04, 2012, 02:14:02 PM »
Hey there Lunatic Faker here.

I've been playing fighting games for quite a while but MB was the very first fighter that caught my eye. I liked the uniqueness of the characters and actually liked it to the point of playing/reading the source material.

Even though I've been playing previous versions of the game for a while I've only ever used keyboard/pad and transitioning to the new arcade stick that I got is pretty hard.

I'm still learning this new version and how to use my arcade stick so I'll apologize in advance if I ever play really bad in a match.

Offline RzO

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: January 05, 2012, 01:06:05 PM »
Hellooo

Like most, I've been playing fighters for a long time, but my first competitive game was SF4.

I've heard of Melty from a friend when he showed me a video of Banana Shiki and I watched the Evo Finals back in 2010. I thought it was pretty cool (and there's block stun in this game!!!).

Hopefully after Apex is all said and done, I can focus more on MBAACC and get decent at it.

OH, and I also run a few local tournaments at Rutgers. Doing my best to make sure they become less and less of a pot monster carnival :laffo:

Offline SayuriMatsuri

• Apprentice
  • 乙女よ大志を抱け!!
    • View Profile
    • leetNEET - Anime News/Reviews Mostly
« Reply #1533 on: January 05, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »
Hi everybody, I'm Sayuri.

I only recently gotten into fighters, with my first fighter being BlazBlue: CT. I've only decided to step my game up and get competitive around 9 months a go, so I still have a lot to learn. I first got into Melty Blood a few years a go, but never had the chance to play AA. With the release of MBAACC, I really want to get into Melty and take myself to a competitive level.

I hope to have some good matches with you all in the future, may it be online or offline (whenever I can stop being poverty).
https://twitter.com/#!/SayuriMatsuri
"Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." -Sherlock Holmes

Offline Sadeyo

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: January 05, 2012, 02:07:52 PM »
Name is Sadeyo, hello to all who is here

Underground Melty player since 06' and moving through all the versions as Aoko and Arcueid. I did stop back in 09' since BB came out and it was my first online experience. Got sucked into the game but eventually Melty came back to me with the Current Code revival so BB or any other fighters doesn't mean jack to me.

Returning back as Aoko, Archetype Earth, and most likely Len (all crescent) as I learn this new installment. Hopefully get this game active in my area.

Offline SolNova

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: January 05, 2012, 06:15:29 PM »
Houston TX -----Yo Yo. Guess it's my turn now. I been into fighters for a while(mainly 2-D) just never competitively. I really started to dig deeper when I first saw GGAC at Planet Zero. The lvl of the players just blew my mind. Decided I've been a lurker for too long. I started with MBAC and I played MBAA but kinda fell off :/. But now I'm back
F-SAkiha is my main. I love her but GAWD that loop is a nightmare!

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: January 05, 2012, 06:51:45 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Sayuri, Sadeyo, and SolNova. ArcSys everywhere~.

Offline Munck

• Apprentice
  • Insane Dane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: January 06, 2012, 02:45:42 AM »
Why, hello there.
Didn't see you come in.

My name is Munck (It's a part of my real name, at least) and I'm a jolly old bastard from Denmark.

I'm not much of a fighting game player, but I do play them every now and then, (Even though I suck, hard!), and especially games like Melty Blood are ones that I enjoy playing.

Unfortunately, due to not wanting to play it until I'd at least beaten every route in Tsukihime, I haven't really played MB outside of gaming events, but that's over now (Since I used my entire Chrimbo holidays on reading 'em).

The only other MB player I know, is my old friend who has been trying to get me to play it for years.
So he grabbed the chance to play with me online, and hammered me into the ground last night (11 - 3 to him.. ouch!)..

My main character is the random button, since I believe that sticking to just a few characters is boring (But that's just me), but If I had to name a character that I'm "good" with, then it's probably Nanaya (Name someone who isn't good with him..)

Anyway.
Once I'm at least a little better, I'm hoping to join up for some MBAC netplay (Not planning on getting MBAACC, yet).

So, yeah.
Nice to meet ya all.

Cheers~
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:05:27 AM by Munck »
I used to be a lurker like you, then I took a knife to the Knee..

Offline Decoy2000

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: January 07, 2012, 11:32:53 PM »
Heya, Melty Bread, Decoy2000 here (most generic name)

I was introduced to Melty Blood, like most people, from reading Tsukihime and it's sequels. I mainly play C-Tohno, even though I can't do a BnB to save my life. As for local scene here in south Florida, it's nonexistant as far as I know.

Hope to learn a lot from you guys!

Offline Luneth

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: January 08, 2012, 12:49:43 AM »
Hello to everyone,

I normally go by Luneth, and I've actually been playing Melty Blood back since Final Tuned, I believe.
Just recently decided to become a member of the community here because I thought it'd be nice to
share in the TECHNOLOGY of various characters.

Right now I'm maining C-Tohno in MBAA:CC, since I played him throughout most all of MBAC and enjoyed the experience. I've also taken a lot of interest in F-Aoko, which I've been practicing most with recently.

Anyway, East Cost (more specifically central Florida) player and always up for playing with anyone, regardless of skill level. I'd say I'm pretty mediocre myself despite playing the game for a long time.

That's about it, and I look forward to making myself at home here with ya guys!
"No way. These are just the eyes of a man who has seen things. A shaman's eyes. Terrible things, that you can't imagine."

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: January 08, 2012, 02:31:18 AM »
Welcome to the forums guys, hope you enjoy your stay-- the fact that two florida players posted right next to each other is already a decent sign.

Offline c001357

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: January 08, 2012, 10:19:49 AM »
hi its me
my melty experience prior to the latest port consists of me reading the manga
the characters i use are f shiahahaha who cares i cant get a decent connection anywhere suck it

yoroshiku and all

Offline Epiren

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: January 08, 2012, 07:19:55 PM »
Welcome to the forums y'all. I hope y'all find your stay to be a pleasant one.

Kochira koso yoroshiku

Offline LokotheClown

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: January 10, 2012, 12:37:54 PM »
Hey guys, my name is Bryan and its a pleasure to become part of this amazing community.

I am a big Marvel player and stumbled across this game on youtube one day. I heard it had an anime so i watched it and fell in love with the characters and decided to read the manga and visual novel which im currently doing. Although i play a lot of fighting games i always try to not use top tier characters or the overused. I do not know anything about Arcueid but i have decided to main her just because i like her character very much. I got the game today and im hoping ill be able to learn Arcueid effectively.

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: January 10, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »
 :nyoro:
215-218-8244

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: January 11, 2012, 03:52:21 AM »
Hey guys, my name is Bryan and its a pleasure to become part of this amazing community.

I am a big Marvel player and stumbled across this game on youtube one day. I heard it had an anime so i watched it and fell in love with the characters and decided to read the manga and visual novel which im currently doing. Although i play a lot of fighting games i always try to not use top tier characters or the overused. I do not know anything about Arcueid but i have decided to main her just because i like her character very much. I got the game today and im hoping ill be able to learn Arcueid effectively.

Welcome. Just as a quick warning, Arcuied requires a lot of effort. But if you're able to learn her combos you should be able to learn any of the combos for the rest of the cast.

Offline Odda C.

• Apprentice
  • I hate breasts.
    • View Profile
    • Tri Hermes BLACK THINGS land.
« Reply #1546 on: January 11, 2012, 01:58:29 PM »
Greetings! I am Odda C.

I've had an interest in Melty for quite awhile now, and now I'm really getting my chance thanks to the PC version of AACC. I am a life long fighting game player, with sizable experience in both, 2D and 3D fighters, though my interest in playing at the competitive level (or alternatively, actually getting GOOD at them). I consider myself to be very scrubby at the moment. Bear in mind that I'm also an impatient, neurotic perfectionist, so yeah...

I'm finding Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code to be a really fun, honest game with an interesting system; in fact, I may or may not have already logged more time into it than SSFIVAE, and the PC version of that game has been out for months. With this, combined with all the hype tournament footage I've seen, I've decided I need to learn this game, and connect with its community, hence why I'm here.

Currently maining C-Akiha, having no idea whether or not she's a character a total rookie should be playing. She... clicks with me. That said, I'm fully open to other characters and will be trying them when I inevitably get curious. She's the best character in the game though, seriously. Then again, I have a thing for elegant rich chicks with flat-chests, so bias. :p

If anyone is curious, yes I am Type Moon fan. In fact, AACC has given me a Tsukihime bug.

I look forward to speaking with you all, and contributing what I can.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:00:02 PM by Odda C. »

Offline DarkLeviathan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: January 11, 2012, 03:26:33 PM »
Greetings! I am Odda C.

I've had an interest in Melty for quite awhile now, and now I'm really getting my chance thanks to the PC version of AACC. I am a life long fighting game player, with sizable experience in both, 2D and 3D fighters, though my interest in playing at the competitive level (or alternatively, actually getting GOOD at them). I consider myself to be very scrubby at the moment. Bear in mind that I'm also an impatient, neurotic perfectionist, so yeah...

I'm finding Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code to be a really fun, honest game with an interesting system; in fact, I may or may not have already logged more time into it than SSFIVAE, and the PC version of that game has been out for months. With this, combined with all the hype tournament footage I've seen, I've decided I need to learn this game, and connect with its community, hence why I'm here.

Currently maining C-Akiha, having no idea whether or not she's a character a total rookie should be playing. She... clicks with me. That said, I'm fully open to other characters and will be trying them when I inevitably get curious. She's the best character in the game though, seriously. Then again, I have a thing for elegant rich chicks with flat-chests, so bias. :p

If anyone is curious, yes I am Type Moon fan. In fact, AACC has given me a Tsukihime bug.

I look forward to speaking with you all, and contributing what I can.

Welcome to Melty Bread. I see you're a Touhou fan as well. You should use whichever character you want, though I don't know where C-Akiha falls on the difficulty scale... anyway, enjoy your stay.

Offline NightFall

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Some call me a Saint. Others call me an Menace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: January 11, 2012, 05:49:40 PM »
Hello there everyone. My name is Justin. I use Shiki Nanaya, Red Aruceid, Micheal Roa Valdamjong, Riesbyfe Stridberg, and Aoko Aozaki. I'm a player of most of the main fighting games. SSFIV: AE, UMVC3, KOFXIII, etc. I stumbled upon MBAC while searching on youtube. I have been a huge fan of the series ever since. I have both AC and AACC on my computer and I put a good amount of time into both games thus far. Sadly, my local scene for the Melty Blood series in general is... empty. Nobody seems to know that Melty Blood even exists where I live. I was the only one who knew what it was and actually played it until a few days ago. I have been trying to introduce my friends to the series and the people I've shown so far have loved the game. I'm hoping to be a decent sized part of this forum as I have a good amount of knowledge about fighting game termonology and how this game "works." I hope to speak with you all soon. :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:51:11 PM by NightFall »
One day we shall look to dawn, without need to fear the darkness.

Offline TheXev

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: January 11, 2012, 11:09:02 PM »
Yo!  My name is Michael Reed, aka TheXev!

I've been playing Melty Blood since before anyone on this forum knew what a Type-Moon or Tsukihime was (2003ish)!

I'm also largely responsible for Melty Blood and ReACT being in English (no, not really responsible for AC, sorry).  You are all welcome in advance!

As a member of mirrormoon, it's been my pleasure to work on Melty Blood, and I look forward to working people over with my Ciel skills when I get a new laptop within the month.

We're planing to translate MB:AACC, but I will most likely only be working on the testing side of things this time around.

The number of fighting games I play are: 1
The number of fighting games I have played are: 3
Those games are: Melty Blood, Melty Blood ReACT, Melty Blood:Act Cadenza
My preferred charters to play as are: #1 Ciel, #2 Kohaku
My preferred fighting style is: Half Moon
My preferred controller is: PS2 Duel Shock (#3)
Number of controllers demised in life time of playing fighting games: 5
RIP: Microsoft Sidewinder (#1), Microsoft Sidewinder (#2), Saitek P880, PS2 Duel Shock (#1), PS2 Duel Shock (#2)

If anyone wants to know the story of how I ended up playing Melty Blood, read the readme found in the Melty Blood translation patch.  It's true, I swear.

I look forward to beatin- I mean seeing you all around.