When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)  (Read 407077 times)

Offline link6616

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Introductory Thread (Take off your shoes, please)
« Reply #1550 on: January 12, 2012, 11:24:38 PM »
Hi, I'm link6616 from Australia and am one of the fighting game go to people in my area despite being terribly great at them. I got into melty blood around the time AA came out, and then picked it up one year later in Japan. Proceeded to find out more about type moon and Tsukihime marks the first VN I really gave a chance too.

I'm usually an aggressive rushdown sort of person, playing C Red Arc (why do people call her Warc btw), F Seifuku and F Vakira, and my key  weakness in all fighters is that I have a lot of difficulty not being aggressive, making me insanely predictable in an overall sense.

With CC coming out I decided to start really learning CC and enjoying it a lot. It's been ages since I had this much fun with a fighter.

Outside of Melty I play Touhou 7.5, SSFIVAE, ST HDR, Brawl, Melee, and BB CS, also recently picked up kofXIII but not sure how that will go...

Any beyond fighters I'm a platformer/action/JRPG kind of guy. Love a good tales of here and there but would never say no to Bayonetta, Umihara or Final Fantasy (well i did say not to SIV...). I also write and maintain http://platformsandpitfalls.net and am currently working on obtaining a few extra people to a variety of writers so my JRPG focus doesn't loom too much on the site.

I look forward to seeing a lot more of all of you!

Offline mountainsrivers

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi everyone!
« Reply #1551 on: January 14, 2012, 08:46:41 PM »
I go by mountainsrivers / seima / freija

Um, embarrassingly enough, only got into TYPE-MOON type stuff because of MUGEN like 4 years ago, then scrapped that and started to play legit fighters. I pretty much have picked up every 2DF except for BlazBlu, but mostly play Vampire Savior, Third Strike, MBCC and Guilty Gear.

I play C/F Nanaya, F Mech, Catsuki and I guess H-Ryougi now, but I pretty much will play anyone except Nero and Len. I've been playing since Re-Act though I'm not really all that good - I'd say I'm average.

Besides all that stuff, I enjoy a wide variety of stuff - Chess, Beatboxing, making beats, singing, piano, fencing, and track.

Cool stuff.

Also, random question - is it possible to unlock eclipse moon characters on the PC version?

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone!
« Reply #1552 on: January 14, 2012, 09:28:07 PM »
Welcome! Always nice to have new people here.

Though we have an introduction thread, so next life you better start over there:
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/akiha%27s-tea-room/introductory-thread-(take-off-your-shoes-please)/

Also, finally ppl who like to sing.
Anyway, enjoy your stay.

Offline SparklyDemonLord

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: January 18, 2012, 07:04:55 PM »
I guess I never posted in here.

My friends call me Midboss, or just Mid.  Been into Melty since... I think around mid/late 2008 or early 2009, though I never get to play anyone.  Before that I was really into Guilty Gear, even before that I started with SoulCalibur II.  I've been known to give any fighting game a chance, but tend to just toss them all aside and come right back to Melty; the exception being KoFXIII, which I still practice on the side.

And... that's about all there is to know about me, seriously.  I enjoy fighting games, hating on your favorite video game, cooking, sleeping, and on rare occasions anime.

Also :slowpoke:.  It is the best emote of all time.

Offline rizaadon007

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: January 19, 2012, 10:10:02 PM »
*takes off shoes* Hi there! I'm new to this place. What's up?

Offline deice

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: January 20, 2012, 03:40:36 PM »
Hi, I'm new, hope we get along well :)

I've never played melty blood, but always wanted to, and now that there's a PC version I'm looking to try it. Currently interested in playing Archetype: Earth or Ryougi Shiki. Red Arcueid looks interesting as well, I'll have to see how their playstyle meshes with me.

I started fighting games with the SF4 series, but have dabbled in many fighters since then, like MvC3, BlazBlue, AH3 and KoF.

Offline DarkLeviathan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: January 20, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »
Welcome, new people! Hope you all enjoy your stay.

Offline Revy

• Apprentice
  • Yooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: January 21, 2012, 12:39:26 AM »
Hello all. Not big on introductions... Just would like to say that I've grown to love this game... I play a lot of fighters but Melty truly drew me in. First laid eyes on it 2 months ago at a Con and have been at it ever since. (Shoutouts to Lorg Pang Tong!) Anywho, feel free to hit me up. Maybe someone can help me figure out how to get netplay to actually work lol. Hope to play you folks soon!
Kenpo Masta!!! well... in training..

Offline Sage009

• Apprentice
  • C-Nero<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: January 21, 2012, 01:54:58 PM »
Yo! The name is Sage, and I play C-Nero/C-Powered Ciel/C-Ciel (I know, i just love crescent)

I live in Quebec, but the scene in my town is near non-existent. As far as I know, there's only like 6 people who play this game with any regularity  :(

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: January 21, 2012, 08:37:28 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Sage009 and Revy.

Offline SolarSkurge

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: January 21, 2012, 10:05:47 PM »
Hey guys. My name is Tristan, but my crew is avid in MBAACC. I use C-Kouma and H-Warc. My friends main F-Kohaku and H-Ciel. We're in western KY and the very bottom of Southern Illinois.

Offline Revy

• Apprentice
  • Yooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: January 22, 2012, 02:40:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Sage009 and Revy.

Thanks Sahgren
Kenpo Masta!!! well... in training..

Offline Elec

• Apprentice
  • Bound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: January 23, 2012, 08:25:06 PM »
Hello all, I am Elec. Registered here like 3 or 4 years ago when a friend introduced me to MB, and then promptly forgot about it and MB in general. Since I'm actually gonna be entering tournaments and stuff for this game, I figured it would be best to check stuff out and start paying attention.  :slowpoke:

I use Satsuki, and in the 2 days that I've played, there have been like 6 different people who are either surprised I main her, tell me that she's tough to use/low tier, or both. Gonna stick with her regardless, because she's fun to use, and this game seems to be pretty balanced.

Not new to fighting games, but at the same time I've also never played any beyond the intermediate level. Entering tournaments(and sticking with one game for once) might change that.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:57:12 PM by Elec »

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: January 23, 2012, 08:36:58 PM »
Hello all, I am Elec. Registered here like 3 or 4 years ago when I friend introduced me to MB, and then promptly forgot about it and MB in general. Since I'm actually gonna be entering tournaments and stuff for this game, I figured it would be best to check stuff out and start paying attention.  :slowpoke:

I use Satsuki, and in the 2 days that I've played, there have been like 6 different people who are either surprised I main her, tell me that she's tough to use/low tier, or both. Gonna stick with her regardless, because she's fun to use, and this game seems to be pretty balanced.

Not new to fighting games, but at the same time I've also never played any beyond the intermediate level. Entering tournaments(and sticking with one game for once) might change that.

Welcome to the forums! Also contrary to what they've told you, Satsuki is top tier lol At least, C/F are.

Have fun playing with people IRL, its fun hanging out and you learn a lot.
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: January 23, 2012, 08:55:37 PM »
CC Catsuki isn't even impossible tier anymore, so it's totes fine to use her. She's amazing if you can get one good knockdown.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline mrx

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: January 23, 2012, 11:29:25 PM »
Heya

I'm a newbie who is really more of a Tsukihime player than a fighting game player. The inputs are harder in this game.

I'm in the LA area, recently went to a tourney at FFA. I have no business trying to compete in a tournament, but it was fun to play casuals, get stomped, and see the game played IRL. I hope to go back some weekend when people are playing.

I've been playing for a couple weeks, picked F-Aoko just because she felt sort of natural. Perhaps I should try out some other characters now that I've learned the basics of the game. My fingers are defaulting to using her combo inputs in inappropriate situations, so maybe I need to mix myself up.

If you netplay me, please don't hesitate to tell me why I'm bad. I've already gotten some helpful tips from people in the IRC (thanks). I'm trying to learn how to play from the resources already available, and to lurk to pick up random bits of FG knowledge, but there's bound to be some basic things I'm still clueless about.

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: January 24, 2012, 06:48:34 AM »
Heya

I'm a newbie who is really more of a Tsukihime player than a fighting game player. The inputs are harder in this game.

I'm in the LA area, recently went to a tourney at FFA. I have no business trying to compete in a tournament, but it was fun to play casuals, get stomped, and see the game played IRL. I hope to go back some weekend when people are playing.

I've been playing for a couple weeks, picked F-Aoko just because she felt sort of natural. Perhaps I should try out some other characters now that I've learned the basics of the game. My fingers are defaulting to using her combo inputs in inappropriate situations, so maybe I need to mix myself up.

If you netplay me, please don't hesitate to tell me why I'm bad. I've already gotten some helpful tips from people in the IRC (thanks). I'm trying to learn how to play from the resources already available, and to lurk to pick up random bits of FG knowledge, but there's bound to be some basic things I'm still clueless about.

Hey. Welcome to the forum.

Also, I'll usually head down to FFA on friday nights with my laptop to record and play.  Got some crazy ppl to join me as well. Feel free to join us.  ;D  I'll post on the SoCal Melty thread (http://www.meltybread.com/forums/regional-community/ffa-socal-melty!-%28ah-gg-and-bb-too!%29/200/) to say if i am goin or not.
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline kyorin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: January 24, 2012, 07:46:25 PM »
Hi.
My name's Michael, just recently getting into Melty. A Kara no Kyoukai fan with some fighting game background --
trying to make Ryougi Shiki (F moon) a more common played character. lol.

Although I'm in the LA area, at the moment, I don't go to locales to play unless its Initial D Stage 5 @ Japan Arcade. lol. (Wish they had a MBAACC cabinet.) Well, I'm willing to get more involved with this game as I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I would like to get into this community and go to some tournaments, meet fellow Melty players and learn how to play this game well.

Let's be friends! And lets be rivals!!  :nyoro:

- Just to throw this in, I'm having some difficulty installing the patches (1.11, 1.20) over the game. If you know how, please throw me a PM. When I get netplay working, I hope to play you guys!!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:30:48 AM by kyorin »
Why must I mash 360s to get tiger knee inputs to come out?!

Offline Senel

• Apprentice
  • And this!
    • View Profile
    • Mayonaka Midnight
« Reply #1568 on: January 25, 2012, 05:30:21 AM »
Hey, name's Senel, Katsu(ragi), etc. (A man of many names)

I've been interested in Melty for a while, but didn't have a means to play until CC came out for PC. I use H-Ryougi and I'm still looking for a sub. Nice to be here!

Offline Rayze41

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 25, 2012, 11:35:39 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm Rayze and I've been a big fan of MB for about a couple of years now. I don't know exactly remember how I found out about MB (mostly b/c of my crappy memory heh) but I remember seeing the characters in MB and thinking "Nanaya looks friggin' awesome!" I guess you could say that the reason MB drew me in initially was mainly because of the characters then the game itself. I then started watching some matches on Youtube and saw how fun the game looked; this grew my interest so from then on I read the mangas, watched Tsukihime, and continued to watch Youtube matches (side note: I really wanna play Tsukihime so I can see how it all began haha). Then I finally got my first MB game: Act Cadenza Ver B, and had a lot of fun playing it. Now I have MBAACC and I'm enjoying it a lot! I use C Ryougi Shiki, F/C Nanaya, and H Tohno the most, but I pretty much like playing with everyone on the roster! Oh, and I play other fighting games as well, I'm just playing a lot of MB atm :)

Offline Epiren

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 26, 2012, 06:04:27 PM »
Welcome to the Melty Bread Community, y'all.

Please enjoy your stay.

Offline Red Leather Jacket

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • The Sexy Bishonen Prince
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 30, 2012, 09:23:19 AM »
Hey all!

I've been posting on here for a little bit now, and I noticed that I never properly introduced myself so here it goes!  I have been a gamer all my life (my first exposure to gaming was when I was three and played my sister's old NES) but only recently did I dive head first into the wild world of fightin' games.  Like a lot of folks SF4 got me interested in trying this genre that I had neglected for most of my life and soon I was playing everything from Alpha 2 to BlazBlue.  A little while back I picked up Melty Blood on a whim a few years back and really enjoyed the feel and pace of the gameplay...and more recently my discontent with the current plethora of mainstream fighting games (MvC3,SFxT) has brought me back to the game that I enjoyed playing the most out of all the other fighting games that I have touched.  I am hoping that concentrating on this game will allow my fighting skills to develop past that of your average scrub.

As you can see, I am a Ryougi Shiki fan (I absolutely adore Kara no Kyoukai) and am maining C-Ryougi.

Thanks for reading this and it is good to finally be on Melty Bread ^__^
I'm a scrub but follow me anyway at:

twitter.com/OchiChernye

Offline Epiren

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 30, 2012, 11:55:34 AM »
Welcome aboard the Melty Bread.

Please enjoy your stay.

Offline Setsu

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: February 02, 2012, 02:34:09 PM »
Yo, this is Rasetsu but I felt like shortening the name.

I actually had an account here but I forgot the username and it's not like I was really active so whatever.

I've been playing since Act Cadenza but had to stop after AA because I have no ps2 and there was no real scene where I live to justify getting one. Now we got ourselves around 10 active players so I can finally start taking the game more seriously.

I play C-koha. Want to sub H-Len and C-Sacchin eventually but first I need to get these monstruous maid combos down to a point where they are usable in actual gameplay.

Offline pk

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: February 07, 2012, 05:51:34 PM »
Oh hi my name is PK. Getting back into Melty from ReACT days. I like to draw. Maybe I'll post some fanart.