When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Kara No Kyoukai!  (Read 72234 times)

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Kara No Kyoukai!
« Reply #225 on: July 31, 2009, 12:06:34 AM »
I'm glad to see that Azaka can stand with the big punchers, and while Satsuki was a bit of a disappointment, the implication that he's related to Shiki's alter disappearance is nicely chilling.

~M

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 31, 2009, 12:59:42 AM »
Azaka doesn't look it, but she's rather strong...enough so to push down Mikiya even...I don't know if that is saying much looking at Mikiya though.

Oh, and for your fapping pleasure, loli Shiki announced for Kara no Kyoukai movie 7. Official stuff from www.karanokyoukai.com

Azaka wasn't as tsundere as I expected her to be, but I'm actually a little glad.  Over the top tsundere feels kind of played out to me.  Azaka was really adorable in some scenes though.  "Ah?  Eh?  Eto...panchi! (whiff~)"  lol.

They didn't really do as much with Satsuki as I remember in the light novels, but that's alright I guess.  His ability is pretty neat though.  It's a shame they dumb it down (or at least dumb down the explanation of it) in the movie.  I was impressed at how much they buffed up Azaka's fight scene with the fairy bitch though.  Oh ufotable~  You really know how to make anything exhilarating.

Anyway, pretty good chapter all in all.  Not the best, but surprisingly not the worst either.  The final chapter's just around the corner though!  

So am i the only one that was disappointed with KnK6? I love Azaka as much as anyone, but the plot seemed kind of.... Out of place compared to the last 5 movies.
Yeah, this chapter in the light novels is the weakest by far, and adds very little into the grand plot.  But you know, it wouldn't be Type-Moon without a healthy dose of flat chested and/or incestuous tsundere, so whatever.  Chalk it up to a necessary evil, I guess?  To be honest though, I think this chapter needed to get a little of that ufotable spice to make it a bit more interesting to sit through.

Agreed with stuff here. Of them all, I would say that my least favorable story in KnK is this one. It doesn't do much at all in the light novel except add the side thing with Satsuki. The whole reason the story existed was simply to add him in without being like "lol, here's some random guy that knows what happened, lol." His purpose in the light novels as well is rather dull, he doesn't do much at all.

Despite this being my least preferred chapter in the light novels, I do have to give mad props to UFOTable for making this still very enjoyable to watch. And also shout out to Kalafina for making my second favorite KnK theme song, although it did get tiring hearing it in the background every 5 minutes. UFOtable needs to learn how to animate dogs a little better, imho.

spoiler alert
So why did Shiki need to be there? Because of her eyes, yes...but she saw one (1) fairy with her eyes...it didn't even do anything. At the end, fairies are everywhere and like 'lol, you can see me because i fail at being a stealthy fairy, lol'. mystic eye necessity for the fail.

also the preview to the next movie with XXXX eating the dead body is wow. 1 hour to eat a whole body? grats, i think i just lost at all eating contests for the rest of my life.

end spoiler alert

"Ah?  Eh?  Eto...panchi! (whiff~)"  lol.
They seriously need to put Azaka in Melty now.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 01:05:35 AM by ShinMasaki »
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 31, 2009, 01:13:42 AM »
They seriously need to put Azaka in Melty now.
They seriously fucking do.
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #228 on: July 31, 2009, 02:17:31 AM »
OMFG LOLI SHIKI+Rakkyo 7  :fap: :fap: :fap:
this is the greatest year for Type-Moon, ever.
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 31, 2009, 02:45:38 AM »
I'll be honest, you guys are torturing me. I still haven't downloaded/watched any of the movies, waiting for the last one to come out, and then I come here and here you are coming over the movies. Gee, thanks.

As for more KnK people in MB, I think Shiki's already enough. If they have time to put in another KnK character, they should employ it putting someone else from Tsukihime, say, Shiki, Arihiko... Honestly, wouldn't Kiri be a good TATARI for Kouma?
(I'd hate to mention this, but frankly, I'd rather have another Neco instead of another KnK character)
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #230 on: July 31, 2009, 04:18:24 AM »
(I'd hate to mention this, but frankly, I'd rather have another Neco instead of another KnK character)
a Neco-Mech produced by Dr.Amber would be fine too  :psyduck:
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 31, 2009, 10:36:28 AM »
Lol Shin.  The next movie's gonna be ridiculous.  Just wait.  Lio's a failure, but the ending is great!  Also there's a little twist nestled in there for everyone to enjoy.  And I don't think I even need to say how I feel towards loli shiki...

As for adding Azaka in, my preferences would be:
1. Tsuki characters
2. Tsuki 2 chars
3. Knk chars
10. Necos
75. F/SN chars

Honestly though, Azaka would be kind of pointless it'd be like another Akiha (and there's already 3 Akihas going on).  Also it's not like KnK people have any relation to the story.  Ryougi's obviously just there for fanwankery and promotional reasons.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »
Lol Shin.  The next movie's gonna be ridiculous.  Just wait.  Lio's a failure, but the ending is great!  Also there's a little twist nestled in there for everyone to enjoy.  And I don't think I even need to say how I feel towards loli shiki...

I have the books, I've read through them several times. So yeah, I know how Lio stands among things. I kinda like the ending, but I raged for Shiki after the BS that happens. Rakkyo 7 is my fourth favorite of the Rakkyo stories. The ending was good, but I rather like the ending to some of the other stories in Rakkyo. The epilogue doesn't do too much either. All of the stories are good, that's for sure, it's hard to decide the middle stories in position.

On second thought, I wasn't too sure how much I would like 忘却録音 (besides the fact it's Azaka's story and there are lots of moe moments, it's still a 'filler' story in KnK), but UFOtable did a damn good job with it, so hell, I might actually like 殺人考察(後) more than I am figuring.

1 矛盾螺旋 (of course...this is like everyone else's too)
2 痛覚残留
3 伽藍の洞
4 殺人考察(後)
5 俯瞰風景
6 殺人考察(前)
7 忘却録音

If we compare serial killers, Tsukihime's > Rakkyo's. Nanaya would pwn him.

I'll be honest, you guys are torturing me. I still haven't downloaded/watched any of the movies, waiting for the last one to come out, and then I come here and here you are coming over the movies. Gee, thanks.

Well, the movies are easily available online. I couldn't wait for my copy to arrive, so I just watched 忘却録音 online. Had a friend order the special edition and he's supposed to be picking it up when he's out in Japan, so when he gets back (2 weeks) I should have it with the OST.  :fap: :fap:

As for more KnK people in MB, I think Shiki's already enough. If they have time to put in another KnK character, they should employ it putting someone else from Tsukihime, say, Shiki, Arihiko... Honestly, wouldn't Kiri be a good TATARI for Kouma?

Kiri would be awesome of a character with how over the top badass he's supposed to be. But I was just joking about adding Azaka, it's just because of one of the scenes in 忘却録音 where she whiffs a 2A, I had to say it.

A cat is fine too.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:22:25 PM by ShinMasaki »

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2009, 12:52:41 PM »

Well, the movies are easily available online. I couldn't wait for my copy to arrive, so I just watched 忘却録音 online. Had a friend order the special edition and he's supposed to be picking it up when he's out in Japan, so when he gets back (2 weeks) I should have it with the OST.  :fap: :fap:

I know that, but I'm waiting until all of them are released, so I don't watch what's available and start drooling until the rest comes out.
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline Draugen

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 31, 2009, 02:29:50 PM »
Has it come out yet?

if it has where can i buy it?
That which is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die..."

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 01, 2009, 12:03:08 AM »

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 01, 2009, 12:55:43 AM »
[...] But I was just joking about adding Azaka, it's just because of one of the scenes in 忘却録音 where she whiffs a 2A, I had to say it. [...]
Dude, I love you. xD That reference was PRICELESS. XD

I also absolutely LOVED how Azaka finished the flower thingy with V.Akiha's jC at the very end. xD
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 01:07:53 AM by DominicanZero »

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 01, 2009, 01:29:42 AM »
[...] But I was just joking about adding Azaka, it's just because of one of the scenes in 忘却録音 where she whiffs a 2A, I had to say it. [...]

I also absolutely LOVED how Azaka finished the flower thingy with V.Akiha's jC at the very end. xD

I'd say it is more like Ciel's charged 4B, than V.Akiha's jC. It doesn't have the little mid-air flip. If we are being specific about it.  :P :P :P
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 02:43:43 AM by ShinMasaki »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 01, 2009, 04:22:23 AM »
Yeah, it was definitely an axe kick, similar to ciel 4b or aoko 4c.  I thought the random ass axe kick was kind of...well...random?  *shrugs*  I liked the Burning Hearts Explosive Right Cross Buster Deluxe Edition Now With 200% More Incest punch more.

I think my favorite of them all so far was chapter 5, purely for the ridiculous hoard of zombies battle.  That was just...unbelievably sexy animation and choreography.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 01, 2009, 07:19:27 AM »

I'd say it is more like Ciel's charged 4B, than V.Akiha's jC. It doesn't have the little mid-air flip. If we are being specific about it.  :P :P :P
Not being specific, no. Plus the end look was the same: getting the shit kicked out of you with the back of her feet. XD

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 02, 2009, 12:53:45 AM »
"punch" from Azaka made the entire film at least 2x worth watching lol
(not talking about the fight scene whare half of the budget seemed to have been blown on (damn that was pretty) but where she actualy says punch)
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 06, 2009, 12:41:27 PM »
KnK6 makes up for its lack of plot importance with actually having a logical understanding of the progression of time.

Call me crazy but I like it when they don't cut the show into 10-20 minute segments then hit randomize.

Offline CrimsonMoonMist

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • KIMGATE: makes your smile shine with JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 06, 2009, 02:58:17 PM »
This is probably my least favorite of the movies,
it kinda felt like a filler.
And i was never a big fan of imouto characters.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 03:02:07 PM by CrimsonMoonMist »

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 06, 2009, 05:51:56 PM »

yes

no

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 01, 2009, 12:34:00 AM »

yes

yes
fix'd

I don't like how they messed up Word of God. It felt way more elegant in the novels. And Satsuki was cool back then. Now, not. Hum.

Offline Danielsan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • ころころ
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 01, 2009, 08:18:24 AM »
Great one nonetheless. At least it looked good but that's pretty much a given for all of the movies by now.
What's going to come will be much more awesome anyway  :V

Offline riceman789

• $400 Man
  • Magic Circuits: 408
  • Let's go, get hype!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 28, 2009, 04:45:00 AM »
I just saw 1-6 last night and it was dope as all hell.  Battle with Ryougi and Asagami was ill... :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:
H-Vsion
"UNBARACKABLE" - LordKnight
F#$% him up like a nestle crunch!! - HyperHal
I got that IYO feeling!! - Jiyuna I'm Going IN!! - Jiyuna

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 28, 2009, 06:26:14 PM »
Still can't wait for #7. coming out in like 2 weeks  :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 28, 2009, 10:44:22 PM »
Still can't wait for #7. coming out in like 2 weeks  :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

Wait, what?

Wow, im behind the times. O_O

how long has it generally taken for the movies to hit DVD so far? too sleepy to google.
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 29, 2009, 12:55:01 AM »

Indeed, I've been watching the day for the past few weeks. DVD release is set for Dec 9.  :toot: My B-day is Dec 8, so I will gladly accept this as a birthday present from you guys.  :toot:

While I've been waiting for this DVD release, I'm still waiting in anticipation for the released full DVD collectors set. or Blu-Ray since I just bought a player.  :prinny: