When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Kara No Kyoukai!  (Read 72141 times)

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
Re: Kara No Kyoukai!
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2008, 12:28:28 PM »
I got word from fedex that my copy will be in tomorrow. Yay!

Also, those that are to cheap and slow in the head to actually order them...

Bye bye link

Subs once again done by gg
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:10:24 AM by llama_egg »

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2008, 01:48:25 PM »

YESSS!

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2008, 02:42:26 PM »

YESSS!

I noticed that too it was so awesome, I want those.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2008, 04:43:04 PM »
I can't wait for next chapter.  The Fujino arc is my favorite of the ones that are translated so far.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2008, 07:10:34 PM »
Also, on a completely non animated related issue. It appears that Del Ray, an US book publishing company has possibly gotten the rights to the KnK novels.

Sauce; http://www.animeondvd.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=83033

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2008, 08:05:48 PM »
Also, on a completely non animated related issue. It appears that Del Ray, an US book publishing company has possibly gotten the rights to the KnK novels.

Sauce; http://www.animeondvd.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=83033
Sweet deal.  Thanks for the info.

Also, please take the torrent link out of your post at the top of the page.  You should already know our policy on illegal acquisition of things by now, but I'd rather just ask you than result to moderation.  =>
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline liger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2008, 09:11:07 PM »
Version 2 patch out for Kara no Kyoukai. Again... :P

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2008, 12:22:02 AM »
After finally watching it, I must say that I feel this movie was weaker than the first.  Not that the animation was any less stellar or anything, but this episode's internal monologues were a lot more important to the story of this chapter.  It felt lacking as a result, while unimportant scenes were kind of doted on just to show off their animation skills (shiki fencing, kokuto running).  Them embellishing those scenes so much took weight away from the much more important scenes afterward.  Also, they completely killed the suspense with what happened near the end.  By next chapter, everyone will already understand what happened at the end of ch.2, without even needing to watch the other half.

*sigh*  Okay, enough with my nitpicking.  There were a lot of little things that I didn't really find to my liking in that chapter, but it was still cool to see what they did manage to do with it without the internal monologue.  I'm still going to be mad hyped over chapter 3, since Fujino's arc is by far my favorite so far and the preview for it looked DOPE.
---

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2008, 05:15:31 AM »
Link removed, figured because it wasn't licensed, bla bla bla. But carrying on :3

And yes, chapter three should be fucking amazing. The preview has me all giddy with anticipation and has my preorder looking oh so sexy.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2008, 12:35:34 PM »
Link removed, figured because it wasn't licensed, bla bla bla. But carrying on :3

And yes, chapter three should be fucking amazing. The preview has me all giddy with anticipation and has my preorder looking oh so sexy.
Technically you're right, but it's more a matter of principle.  You can call me a rule nazi if you wish.  lol
---

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2008, 12:49:58 PM »

Technically you're right, but it's more a matter of principle.  You can call me a rule nazi if you wish.  lol

Its cool plus its not like its hard to find links anyways, also has this been licensed yet please say yes.

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2008, 05:09:37 PM »
As I stated before, only the novels have been licensed, or seems to be. So your still out of luck, but not that I care, if it does get licensed, the US limited editions will suck. Horribly. And they will laugh at you.

Anywho, I got mine in my grubby hands right now, and uploading the soundtrack to my computer. And I might be torrenting the soundtrack soon because people have been bugging me about it already  :teach: 

Offline YuenSan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Can't you say it in smaller syallables b4 I win?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2008, 06:41:09 PM »
I just started watching epi 1...DARTH VADER DEATH GRIP!!!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:43:13 PM by YuenSan »
Device: Gamepad (sorry...not enough to buy a gamestick yet)

Plays: MBAC, Tsukhime (fav is Hisui <3,) Touhou, and MMOs
 FU #1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 10 (srsly,) and 12 are so in this forum lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUJJpQzRkVE

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2008, 07:31:09 PM »
Just one thing annoyed me a bit. For some reason, while on VLC they play fine, in Media Player Classic the translation of the titles (movie title, episode title and so on and so forth) in TakaJun's sub of the second movie appear HUGE and off-center, to they point that they're literally unreadable. Did anyone get this too?
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline YuenSan

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2008, 07:47:59 PM »
mmm..nope did u patch it to v2? Maybe if you're lucky, one of the subber's will make an AVI version and will solve your problems.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:42:41 PM by YuenSan »

FU #1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 10 (srsly,) and 12 are so in this forum lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUJJpQzRkVE

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2008, 09:14:03 PM »
Just one thing annoyed me a bit. For some reason, while on VLC they play fine, in Media Player Classic the translation of the titles (movie title, episode title and so on and so forth) in TakaJun's sub of the second movie appear HUGE and off-center, to they point that they're literally unreadable. Did anyone get this too?

Is this on a linux computer? This didn't happen to me, on linux.
for windows use cccp codex pack http://cccp-project.net/
for mac use quicktime 7.3.1, or 7.4.5 NOT 7.5 and get the perian mod http://perian.org/  for some reason 7.5 makes my computer lag up a shitstorm on .mkv, and on 7.4.5 some .mpeg have the same prob but its compatable with itunes.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2008, 02:24:58 AM »
K-Lite codec pack Full is arguably the best codec pack out there.  I read on a comparison between it and cccp, and K-Lite turned out to be more extensive. 

DZ, I didn't have any problems with anything being sized weirdly or unreadable in MPC.  I watch .mkv's exclusively in MPC too, since .mkv subs in VLC often have timing/spacing problems (mainly when multiple people talk at once, making the text overlap each other).  MPC also happens to cut down on the choppiness of the KnK movies.  I dunno if the raws are just encoded poorly or if gg just sucks at encoding, but I've never had a .mkv file play so choppy and laggy on VLC as their KnK subs do.
---

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2008, 05:27:28 AM »
Hmm, really? I've been using cccp for got knows how long and haven't had any problems with it o_O

Offline YuenSan

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2008, 06:41:46 AM »
Have you updated yours to the 2008-01-24 version?

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2008, 07:38:00 AM »

Ill definately have to agree that Klite is prettymuch the best one out there.  its been looked down uppon becuse it uses many different decoders but lately theve been doing most of the decoding with ffdshow so its really good now. (not that i ever had problems with it befor O_o)  CCCP is nice too but Klite is updated more frequently and allways has the latest builds in the new release.

Its the only codec pack i use and i primarily only watch MKV's, ive had no issues.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2008, 09:28:13 AM »
Never mind, fixed it with the K-Lite codec manager tool. I've been using the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack for years, checking for updates regularly every two months or so, so I know it's the best codec pack out there.
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2008, 11:14:16 AM »
Never mind, fixed it with the K-Lite codec manager tool. I've been using the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack for years, checking for updates regularly every two months or so, so I know it's the best codec pack out there.
For some reason, the K-Lite Mega doesn't work as good for me as the K-Lite Full.  O.o?  I'm not competent enough to go in and fiddle around with the settings though, so my shit is usually just set to default (if that makes any difference).
---

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2008, 11:31:23 AM »
Damn never heard of k-lite package, I guess its rarly I only use windows for anything but games.
Personally I use Kplayer on linux, its the KDE version of MPlayer, but I have Mplayer as well, VLC hates Mkv on my compy, no matter if its windows, linux, or mac, it laggs like all get out and messes up all the subbing its annoying. 
Im surprised nobody is shocked that quicktime+perian plays .mkv better than Mplayer on mac, well time to add  the k-lite codex pack to my compy on windows side for the rare times I do watch videos.

Offline YuenSan

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2008, 12:37:33 PM »
If I didn't make AMVs, I would've used one of the KLite series, but CCCP works fine for me.

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2008, 07:42:58 PM »
So I caught up on the ep2, I like the animation and sound quality. Question on the ED theme though...is it only kalafina singing there, or is it 2 different people. The first half was noticeably deeper, so I wasn't sure. And if it's 2, there just needs to be a chorus part on the end where they go together XD
There's nothing to fear now.