When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Kara No Kyoukai!  (Read 72211 times)

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
Re: Kara No Kyoukai!
« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2009, 06:58:19 AM »
Have had mine on pre-order for quite some time now. Thought this was old news already.
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10085487
...I would totally paint the cigarette brown so it looks like a PHAT BLUNT  8) lol

...and yeah, I'm late when it comes to animu stuff. I need to step it up, I guess.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2009, 07:13:37 AM »
http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php?products_id=7094

I've got the first 3 books so far. All in Japanese, some sites say it'll be released locally here in the states, but no idea. Not that it matters too much to me anymore.

http://www.animevice.com/news/drooling-over-alters-touko-aozaki/614/

Have had mine on pre-order for quite some time now. Thought this was old news already.

Ah thanks, in that case I'll stick with Baka Tsuki until Del Ray get their act together since I can't read japanese  :psyduck:
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2009, 11:39:04 AM »

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has it preordered!  :fap:

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 18, 2009, 12:00:47 AM »
http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php?products_id=7094

I've got the first 3 books so far. All in Japanese, some sites say it'll be released locally here in the states, but no idea. Not that it matters too much to me anymore.
Ah thanks, in that case I'll stick with Baka Tsuki until Del Ray get their act together since I can't read japanese  :psyduck:
With KnK's recent popularity, and Type-Moon's history with getting shit localized over here, there's a better chance of the US seeing the movies and the book hit stateside now than ever.  Hopefully we'll see it come to fruition.

Got to see movie 5 on Sp00ky's gdlk home theater (HD wide-thingamajigg) and the plot completely ear fucked me pretty hard. By far the most intriguing installment and I will likely be watching it again soon.

As for Touko's suitcase...it got me thinking: Now does Aoko have some shit like that sealed away in her trunk as well?  :mystery:
No idea, but whatever she has in there is prolly relevant to her being a magician, since she inherited the magic through her family.  If that Magician's Night game ever gets finished, we'll prolly find out too.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 18, 2009, 12:41:00 AM »
I would like to see localization of more Type-moon's work, but I really doubt at how much we'll see. If I remember correctly, for the most part, they are strongly against bringing their work over due to incorrect translation or what not.  :psyduck:

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2009, 08:17:56 AM »
I would like to see localization of more Type-moon's work, but I really doubt at how much we'll see. If I remember correctly, for the most part, they are strongly against bringing their work over due to incorrect translation or what not.  :psyduck:
Seriously?  I've never actually heard that before.  Shit sucks if it's true though.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 18, 2009, 12:19:04 PM »
I'll see if I can dig it up again, I mean, I could just be going batty, but unless I'm mistaken they don't want their work to be mis-translated so to speak. This why we don't see Tsukihime, Fate/, among others over here, and currently unlikely that we will any time soon.

This is one of the reasons I was so shocked to hear that KnK (novel) was being brought over.  :V

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2009, 10:32:51 PM »
I'll see if I can dig it up again, I mean, I could just be going batty, but unless I'm mistaken they don't want their work to be mis-translated so to speak. This why we don't see Tsukihime, Fate/, among others over here, and currently unlikely that we will any time soon.

This is one of the reasons I was so shocked to hear that KnK (novel) was being brought over.  :V

Wow in that case I hope they never start whining about lost sales from piracy in other countrys if they start doing badly because they can't lose sales if they are never actually trying to sell a product.
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 18, 2009, 11:13:42 PM »

Well, maybe if Nasu will stop making up so many goddamn words all over the place and changing the meaning of so many others for the sake of his own convenience, then I don't think there'd be much of a problem, now will there. Seriously...reading book 3 of Fate/Zero is killing me.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2009, 11:19:04 PM »

Considering that Tsukihime in both manga and anime form has been localized here, and FSN's anime has been brought over as well, I thought they seemed relatively in favor of it.  That'd be some bollocks if they actually prefer not to have their work localized.  It's understandable that they don't bring over visual novels, since those don't market well to an american audience, but anime and manga are booming in the states.
---

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2009, 01:21:06 AM »
Peach Princess is the first states company that i know that localizes VNs. I applaud them for their effort and they have my many thanks.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2009, 11:06:47 AM »
So I am now in love with Kalafina.
http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Info/kalafina/

I got their album "Seventh Heaven" which is made of win.

Now why am I posting this in this thread? Because Kalafina did the ED themes to all 5 of the KnK movies out. Additionally, the last 2 KnK movies will be featuring songs from this album as well. Yuki Kajiura is made of win for forming this group.

I am posting up on YouTube all 7 ED themes to KnK for ppl wanting to hear just the ED themes. Will post links in a few min when all 7 go up.

And yes, I do know what songs are going to be on the last 2 movies, they have been long since decided.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_no_Kyoukai#Theme_songs

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 23, 2009, 11:15:25 AM »
Oh snap, her CD is out already? I could have sworn there was another month to go  :fap:

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 23, 2009, 12:14:15 PM »
Oh snap, her CD is out already? I could have sworn there was another month to go  :fap:

Quote from: YesAsia.com
Seventh Heaven (ALBUM+DVD)(First Press Limited Edition)(Japan Version)
Release Date:     2009-03-04 ***April 3, 2009 for all you American noobs out there***

http://www.yesasia.com/us/seventh-heaven-album-dvd-first-press-limited-edition-japan-version/1014040387-0-0-0-en/info.html

Yarr, it releases early next month. The one I bought via ebay is a burned copy...didn't know that when I bought it  :emo:. Anyway, I have the CD although I feel sad after checking the release date that I spent $45 on this. ...and that it took 2 weeks to get to me... The limited copy looks nice, tossing that on the order status.

Now then, the KnK ED themes.

1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXx4YCM4TCI
2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1q1G_IWcKU
3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIm34y_xQaU
4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdTBDwaCHrE
5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQW1yeiRzP4
6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOZjKaS5YU0
7 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqmw_WyT6i0

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 23, 2009, 11:10:47 PM »
Oh shit, seriously? Can't you report that as fraud and get your money back though? I mean, unless it was stated that it wasn't a real copy, you should be able to, to the best of my knowledge anyways.  :psyduck:

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2009, 07:13:41 AM »
Eh, it's not that big an issue for me. I mean, I am definitely satisfied with the CD and the quality of the songs is great.

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2009, 11:00:23 PM »
Just a note for those unaware, but Kalafina is the name of a band that Yuki Kajiura is part of, if you'd like some of her earlier works they'd be under that name.  I know at the very least her album Fiction is sold in the states(Picked mine up at a local Bordrs for around 15$).

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2009, 12:43:30 AM »
Just a note for those unaware, but Kalafina is the name of a band that Yuki Kajiura is part of, if you'd like some of her earlier works they'd be under that name.  I know at the very least her album Fiction is sold in the states(Picked mine up at a local Bordrs for around 15$).

Kajiura is not a part of Kalafina, she formed the group and composed the music for the KnK movies, Kalafina performed them. I've got a couple of Kajiura's albums...beautiful music, all of them.

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2009, 01:50:34 AM »

Kajiura is not a part of Kalafina, she formed the group and composed the music for the KnK movies, Kalafina performed them. I've got a couple of Kajiura's albums...beautiful music, all of them.

I considered her a part of it since she composes the songs and formed the group, even if she neither sings nor does instrumental for them.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2009, 05:55:56 AM »
Even Kajiura did some so-so music, but overall she's a genius. The founding of Kalafina was one of the greatest things she ever made, no doubt.

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2009, 07:07:24 AM »
  Regarding the series, it is not so great.  Sure, the production quality and animation is very very good, but the plot ruins it for me.  What were they thinking?  "Hey lets take what we have been working so hard and carefully on and twist the fuck out of the plot".  I mean come on, the latest episode tries to confuse you on purpose.  Are they trying to be DEEP or something by making the story almost impossible to follow?  The only really good thing the series has is the occasional awesomely animated action scene that makes up about 5% of the series, if your happy with just that then all power to you, but waiting for coming episodes on that chance is just stupid so I'm going to drop it.  What a shame.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2009, 07:21:59 AM »
Well we can't force you. It's not just the animation, but the music, the atmosphere, your beloved characters... and imo the 5th movie wasn't that confusing. Just randomizing scenes (even on purpose) looks different, they had a clue. And the movie makes it right so you think "Oh." at the beginning of the climax. Sure, the anime has its bad moments.

But there are not many anime that can compare to such an atmosphere. There are, but few and far between.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2009, 06:43:44 PM »
The really good thing the series has is Azaka.

fix'd. 

:fap: :fap: :fap:

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2009, 03:56:22 PM »
Honestly, your entitled to your opinion, but read the novels before complaining about the order of the series as a hole.  :V

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2009, 09:18:08 PM »
I'm waiting for the books to become serialized locally here in the states. While I have read the series in full, this was only over the internet and I can't find any copies online for sale AT A REASONABLE COST. Most places I find the books online up the cost of the books stupidly...and that doesn't count shipping fees. I really want to get a hold of a hard copy of the books.

I rather liked how they transitioned scenes in the movie. While it's not as complete as the books, where Nasu completely cuts the scene then goes to the next part, I think the transitions from scene to scene wasn't bad; at least they were fluid. The movie follows the books very well, in my opinion. If you think the movie was confusing, just think that it was modeled very similarly to how the books are. I don't think you can really complain when the way things are cut and then restarted is the way it was originally designed.