hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Kara No Kyoukai!  (Read 71459 times)

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
Re: Kara No Kyoukai!
« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2009, 12:30:22 AM »
Your best bet it to order them when your ordering KnK vol 6 (whenever it comes out), that is if amazon ships books  :psyduck:

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 31, 2009, 09:52:10 AM »
Honestly, your entitled to your opinion, but read the novels before complaining about the order of the series as a hole:V

Yes because the novels are so different its going to change my opinion about the way the series is organized, right?   :V  Regarding the hole series, the characters aren't even that interesting either.  I know this series is supposed to be pretty dark but it sacrifices certain things to make it that way.  We see a group of very serious characters (Whom we don't know much about other than a little history about each) interact with each other in that serious manner (To keep the series dark, god forbid someone be happy in the series.)  And its overall just pretty boring.  Its so bad that whenever I see a "proto" character of someone from Tsukihime/FSN I think to myself "Oh that's proto-Shirou." or "That's Proto-Shiki." because the characters really don't establish themselves well.  So tell me, Why is the series organized in this confusing fashion? :mystery:

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 31, 2009, 11:33:59 AM »
Yes because the novels are so different its going to change my opinion about the way the series is organized, right?   wakawaka  Regarding the hole series, the characters aren't even that interesting either.  I know this series is supposed to be pretty dark but it sacrifices certain things to make it that way.  We see a group of very serious characters (Whom we don't know much about other than a little history about each) interact with each other in that serious manner (To keep the series dark, god forbid someone be happy in the series.)  And its overall just pretty boring.  Its so bad that whenever I see a "proto" character of someone from Tsukihime/FSN I think to myself "Oh that's proto-Shirou." or "That's Proto-Shiki." because the characters really don't establish themselves well.  So tell me, Why is the series organized in this confusing fashion? :mystery:

Because Nasu needs to learn to write better. Reading the novels might get you to understand why the KnK movies are as they are because you realize they are just following the story as Nasu wrote it.  His works are difficult to read through, he likes to contradict himself during his writings and he creates loopholes in his writing as well all the time. On top of that, he tends to make up words or change the intended meaning on words which creates disagreement on the meaning of phrases by translators.

I have read a number of his works, most in the original format, just transcribed onto the internet, and it is typically chopped up, distorted and overall confusing a lot of times as I go through. To understand what the story is about, you normally have to go through the entire story of whatever you are reading to learn all the basics, the stuff that is normally presented at the beginning. As you go through, you'll hit the big climax of the story and sometimes he'll just be introducing some more stuff that needs to be known beforehand to get the full picture.

Overall though, it's not hard to piece together everything he is saying, which is why there are so little negative connection to his writing. It is just Nasu's way of writing and I wish he would write in a more clear format, but then again, the way he writes and the way you read/interpret it is part of the whole Nasuverse that creates the setting and impact that he desires from his stories. I think he does a good job, I'm sure at least 80% of the people out there who read his works thinks he does a good job too.

In addition, all of Nasu's works are dark. They don't make themselves out to be happy endings until the absolute end, and even those seem more satisfying than happy. He doesn't create superhero characters as his main characters, he makes ordinary people who happen to have an extraordinary power/ability being the main character and they decide how they are going to use that power. Whether it be Mystic Eyes, magic or possession of a weapon not able to be wielded by any other. These powers are what make their users different but really, they are just normal people not trying to make too big a difference. Shirou may be the exception, but he doesn't actively use his powers to save people (ignoring his 'potential' future). In the story, he is just a boring, everyday person living his normal, boring everyday life...same goes for Shiki in Tsukihime and Shiki in KnK...and GunGod to some extent if you read Notes
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 31, 2009, 01:33:42 PM »
Yes because the novels are so different its going to change my opinion about the way the series is organized, right?   wakawaka  Regarding the hole series, the characters aren't even that interesting either.  I know this series is supposed to be pretty dark but it sacrifices certain things to make it that way.  We see a group of very serious characters (Whom we don't know much about other than a little history about each) interact with each other in that serious manner (To keep the series dark, god forbid someone be happy in the series.)  And its overall just pretty boring.  Its so bad that whenever I see a "proto" character of someone from Tsukihime/FSN I think to myself "Oh that's proto-Shirou." or "That's Proto-Shiki." because the characters really don't establish themselves well.  So tell me, Why is the series organized in this confusing fashion? :mystery:

Because Nasu needs to learn to write better. Reading the novels might get you to understand why the KnK movies are as they are because you realize they are just following the story as Nasu wrote it.  His works are difficult to read through, he likes to contradict himself during his writings and he creates loopholes in his writing as well all the time. On top of that, he tends to make up words or change the intended meaning on words which creates disagreement on the meaning of phrases by translators.

I have read a number of his works, most in the original format, just transcribed onto the internet, and it is typically chopped up, distorted and overall confusing a lot of times as I go through. To understand what the story is about, you normally have to go through the entire story of whatever you are reading to learn all the basics, the stuff that is normally presented at the beginning. As you go through, you'll hit the big climax of the story and sometimes he'll just be introducing some more stuff that needs to be known beforehand to get the full picture.

Overall though, it's not hard to piece together everything he is saying, which is why there are so little negative connection to his writing. It is just Nasu's way of writing and I wish he would write in a more clear format, but then again, the way he writes and the way you read/interpret it is part of the whole Nasuverse that creates the setting and impact that he desires from his stories. I think he does a good job, I'm sure at least 80% of the people out there who read his works thinks he does a good job too.

In addition, all of Nasu's works are dark. They don't make themselves out to be happy endings until the absolute end, and even those seem more satisfying than happy. He doesn't create superhero characters as his main characters, he makes ordinary people who happen to have an extraordinary power/ability being the main character and they decide how they are going to use that power. Whether it be Mystic Eyes, magic or possession of a weapon not able to be wielded by any other. These powers are what make their users different but really, they are just normal people not trying to make too big a difference. Shirou may be the exception, but he doesn't actively use his powers to save people (ignoring his 'potential' future). In the story, he is just a boring, everyday person living his normal, boring everyday life...same goes for Shiki in Tsukihime and Shiki in KnK...and GunGod to some extent if you read Notes

Except all of the characters in the series you have mentioned have depth (Or they are more well thought out.)  Yes Nasu's works are dark but he will usually add some interesting elements (Humor, Occasional event that explains the characters history, everyday interactions with those characters that are interesting) that are just not there in KnK.  We get scenes where they are in a shop and they talk about who/what Shiki is going to kill next, random scenes with Shiki in her room and occasionally someone will visit, and very rarely will the characters even meet outside of these scenes to show how they interact out in the real world.  It is exactly like you say, Nasu's stories are usually about "Humans with supernatural abilities." and its a good formula that makes his stories interesting, except KnK doesn't follow it.  Look at Ryougi, does she look like your average human?  Or even Aozaki?  Remember when you read Tsukihime and saw how Tohno reacts in his situations?(With fear, humor, insanity.).  HE is a normal human being with supernatural powers, even Shirou (He expresses various emotions through all of FSN routes.) and the formula proved to be successful once again.  Well they are relatively "Normal" human beings but they aren't as messed up or as boring as Ryougi.  In KnK you don't see the main character react much to anything (Why did they have to make her a robot?  Did they think it would be interesting to see an emotionless "Human" go around killing shit and not have much development?).  Yes its true 80% of the people accept Nasu's work even if it is distorted but 99% would accept Nasu's work if it was clear (minus the 1% of fags who appreciate how "DEEP" it is for being so distorted.).  Ultimately, it just feels like I'm watching a less interesting Tsukihime.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 31, 2009, 02:06:58 PM »
The thing about Ryougis way of behaviour is because of her made-up acting. Just throwed in. People like Touko or Mikiya are definitely showing emotion. But you can say that KnK itself is just the embodiment of the Rule of Cool.

Offline Tohno-san

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 16, 2009, 03:09:24 AM »
Yes its true 80% of the people accept Nasu's work even if it is distorted but 99% would accept Nasu's work if it was clear (minus the 1% of fags who appreciate how "DEEP" it is for being so distorted.).  Ultimately, it just feels like I'm watching a less interesting Tsukihime.

I agree.
But, then again, Nanaya is badass when Shiki goes craaaaaaaazy.  :V
WE NEED A NANAYA EMOTE. SOMETHING BADASS AND
AWESOOOOOOOOOOME.   :toot:
You're not smart. You're not a doctor. You're not a scientist. You're not even a full time employee. Where did your life go so wrong!?
--- GLaDOS

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 16, 2009, 10:22:24 AM »

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 16, 2009, 01:18:21 PM »
WE NEED A NANAYA EMOTE.

??

Why settle for Nanaya? Satsujinki is better anyway.

on the topic of adding character emotes,

Would be useful for convincing people to give up there dillusions that there's a tsukihime anime. What a bunch of crock.  :slowpoke:

Course someone would have to shrink em a bit.

Anyway, to stay on topic, KnK Episode 6 DVD Release Date confirmed @ Mirror Moon. July 29, 2009. If they end up subbing it again, should only take a week or two. Maybe 3 or 4 weeks if its another 2 hour episode.

Plus, all you azaka fanboys will finally have VISUAL source material to fap to.  :fap: :fap: :fap:

I mean, OTHER then MBAA, now that Azaka is playable and all, you know...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 02:46:54 PM by grandlordzero »
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 16, 2009, 01:40:40 PM »
Man you sure like gif animations, don't you?

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 16, 2009, 02:02:04 PM »
Sweet can't wait to see Kara no Kyoukai 6 ^_^

Hope the books make their way over to england as well as america btw, importing tends to take forever (ordered Welcome to the NHK novel from Amazon.com a week ago and estimated delivery date is around 2nd-22nd july lol)
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2009, 08:57:59 PM »
yep, not only do i get playable Azaka in melty (but i'm taking ryougi instead :fap:), I also get the awesomely awesome Azaka movie shortly.

Offline Tohno-san

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 16, 2009, 09:45:42 PM »
You're not smart. You're not a doctor. You're not a scientist. You're not even a full time employee. Where did your life go so wrong!?
--- GLaDOS

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 17, 2009, 02:47:23 AM »
Nanaya emoticon?

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 17, 2009, 04:08:31 AM »
Who showed the flashing images to Nanaya?
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2009, 02:00:14 AM »
movie 6 hits DVD on the 29th. The Azaka movie, at long last!  :fap: :fap: :fap:

oh...and for those who haven't seen it yet, the first of the trailers is out for the 7th movie (hitting theaters on Aug 8)
http://www.karanokyoukai.com/movie/7_cm.html

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2009, 07:21:57 AM »
movie 6 hits DVD on the 29th. The Azaka movie, at long last!  :fap: :fap: :fap:
29th? Nice, my sis' birthday. :D Hope TakaJun and the gg guys keep up with their speedsub tradition, I can't fucking wait to see this. :D
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 27, 2009, 10:26:07 PM »
For those interested;

Amazon.co.jpをご利用いただき、ありがとうございました。またのご利用を
お待ちしております。

今回発送する商品は以下のとおりです。
---------------------------------------------------------------------
数量      商品                           価格  発送済み          小計
  1     劇場版「空の境界」 忘却録音  ¥5,497      1  ¥5,497

小計:  ¥5,497
配送料:  ¥2,000
EB プロモーション ¥0

合計:  ¥7,497
クレジットカードでのお支払額:  ¥7,497 : Visa

Meaning it's likely your copy shipped out today as well! The not good news? I apparently ordered another copy from cdjapan without noticing...

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2009, 03:42:52 AM »
For those interested;

Amazon.co.jpをご利用いただき、ありがとうございました。またのご利用を
お待ちしております。

今回発送する商品は以下のとおりです。
数量      商品                           価格  発送済み          小計
  1     劇場版「空の境界」 忘却録音  ¥5,497      1  ¥5,497

小計:  ¥5,497
配送料:  ¥2,000
EB プロモーション ¥0

合計:  ¥7,497
クレジットカードでのお支払額:  ¥7,497 : Visa

Meaning it's likely your copy shipped out today as well! The not good news? I apparently ordered another copy from cdjapan without noticing...

2x the Azaka!!!  :fap: :fap: :fap: You can watch Azaka on 2 TVs at the same time!!!

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2009, 09:01:40 PM »
Sub is out. :O

Downloading it as I type.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 30, 2009, 01:23:40 AM »
day-umm...they got that sub out quick. went and watched the raw, didn't think the sub would be done for a few days...yay for Azaka tsundere!!!  :fap: :fap: :fap:

wait...is the sub out? i found something that said a takajun-gg sub, but it looks like that is still just a raw. well...i guess by the time anyone sees this message, there will be subbed versions circling the interweb.  :psyduck:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 02:46:54 AM by ShinMasaki »

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 30, 2009, 03:15:51 PM »
Shin, when I say the sub is out, I MEAN the sub is out.

EDIT: 18 minutes in and I've already fangasmed like six or seven times watching Azaka in all her moé tsundere glory and Shiki just being the usual kickass bitch she regularly is. XD
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 03:40:43 PM by DominicanZero »

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #221 on: July 30, 2009, 03:57:39 PM »
my download will finish in 2 minutes and 15 seconds, too bad it's late night and i have to go to bed >_>
well, i'll watch it tomorrow  :fap: :fap:
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 30, 2009, 05:17:19 PM »
I was impressed.  Azaka is tougher than she seems.

~M

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 30, 2009, 10:27:35 PM »
So am i the only one that was disappointed with KnK6? I love Azaka as much as anyone, but the plot seemed kind of.... Out of place compared to the last 5 movies. And the fight scene was kind of weak to me too, but that's just me being a fag and preferring beautiful, artful technique in a battle, (Which is why Ryougi made me love KnK combat in the first place) over screaming really loud and punching them hard after baking them with fire. (azaka's duel with the plant/faerie/bug/squid/thing)

Secondly, did anyone else notice that Seo's dog's name is Akira? Most lol-worthy moment of the entire movie imo.

And finally, please tell me Lio's abilities improve and become more impressive then being able to consume a corpse in an hour. If he's gonna be a villain worthy of filling the void left by Araya for the final episode, well.... He just seems kind of fail right now.

Don't spoil anything for ep 7, just wondering if he actually becomes a threat or not. Heres hoping he becomes a Sakura/Nero esque population devourer.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 10:33:57 PM by grandlordzero »
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 30, 2009, 10:37:17 PM »
Azaka wasn't as tsundere as I expected her to be, but I'm actually a little glad.  Over the top tsundere feels kind of played out to me.  Azaka was really adorable in some scenes though.  "Ah?  Eh?  Eto...panchi! (whiff~)"  lol.

They didn't really do as much with Satsuki as I remember in the light novels, but that's alright I guess.  His ability is pretty neat though.  It's a shame they dumb it down (or at least dumb down the explanation of it) in the movie.  I was impressed at how much they buffed up Azaka's fight scene with the fairy bitch though.  Oh ufotable~  You really know how to make anything exhilarating.

Anyway, pretty good chapter all in all.  Not the best, but surprisingly not the worst either.  The final chapter's just around the corner though!  

So am i the only one that was disappointed with KnK6? I love Azaka as much as anyone, but the plot seemed kind of.... Out of place compared to the last 5 movies.
Yeah, this chapter in the light novels is the weakest by far, and adds very little into the grand plot.  But you know, it wouldn't be Type-Moon without a healthy dose of flat chested and/or incestuous tsundere, so whatever.  Chalk it up to a necessary evil, I guess?  To be honest though, I think this chapter needed to get a little of that ufotable spice to make it a bit more interesting to sit through.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.