When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Katanagatari  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Vhaeraun

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Katanagatari
« on: February 10, 2010, 04:37:23 AM »
Did it work for you guys? I loved Bakemonogatari but considering it's Katanagatari's debut, doesn't it have too much  :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:?

Offline Shizuka

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Undead
    • View Profile
Re: Katanagatari
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 08:37:57 AM »
The  :blah: was kinda the point. I liked it, and I don't usually like anime.
<LoliSauce> I bet they'd make them for the opportunity to get any other form of currency!
<shizuka> ahh apparently zimbabwe doesn't use the zimbabwean dollar anymore
<LoliSauce> whaaaaa
<LoliSauce> my plans have been foiled <LoliSauce> =<

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 12:15:15 PM »
It found it quite enjoyable. Too bad we have to wait a month in between each 50 minute episode.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 03:08:15 AM »
Did it work for you guys? I loved Bakemonogatari but considering it's Katanagatari's debut, doesn't it have too much  :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:?
Bakemonogatari and Katanagatari are completely unrelated.  Bakemonogatari is from a series of awesome books (the anime covers the first half of them or so).  Katanagatari's source material?  I dunno, but it sure isn't the monogatari books.  There isn't any real reason to compare them, since there isn't any point of relation between them outside of the naming convention.

Also, speaking of the naming convention (and this is just heresay), I heard that Katanagatari only changed it's naming convention from Katana Monogatari based on the success of Bakemonogatari.  With the fact that Bakemono came out first and seeing how the wordplay actually makes sense (Bakemono + monogatari and share the "mono"!  Brilliant!) compared to Katanagatari's seemingly lazy imitation (Katana + monogatari and uh...well just get rid of the "mono" I guess?  Bandwagon!), I'd believe it.

Anyway, I don't plan on watching this new anime because the art style doesn't suit my interests and the story synopsis didn't hook me.

It found it quite enjoyable. Too bad we have to wait a month in between each 50 minute episode.
Wow, seriously?  That sucks.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 04:08:50 AM »
The first two episodes have managed to get my attention and I plan on continuing the series as it comes out.