hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Nerding it up a notch, with Magic the Gathering  (Read 18208 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Nerding it up a notch, with Magic the Gathering
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2008, 10:45:49 PM »
If I may say something about the Kouma card. The way it is worded, does Kouma get that +1/0 permanent?  :slowpoke:

As it is, this effect doesn't disappear at the end of turn making him way powerful for how cheap it is to power him up. If so, you should make a 'Blood Heat' card or something that grants trample or something...Kouma would cause so much damage in a dmg deck.
Oh goodness.  What a blunder!  Thanks for pointing that one out.  We'll get that all fixed up.  Having a Blood Heat card is a great idea.  Granting trample doesn't really fit with what Heat or Blood Heat really do, but considering that I have hardly any trample in the set as of now, it would be a nice addition.  That also gives me an idea for a simple EX Shield instant.  lol, mb mechanics at work.

Anyway, fixed versions are up.  I decided to post the most recent version of each card in the first post.  I'll just keep updating it as a little encyclopedia of them all. 

I have a question for you all now.  I've revamped Mischievous Maid Kohaku, and I'm divided between which of the new versions I want to run with.  So, give me some opinions.  The flip has the advantage of pretty awesome sac abilities, but requires a full turn to flip over to the other half of the abilities, whereas the non-flip can easily add or remove counters with the quickness. 

Also, I realize that Merem really is annoyingly useless (as you pointed out Picard), since all he basically does is stand there stupidly in play, letting his limbs revive if you have any out.  Still, he should have literally no offensive power without his limbs.  So perhaps he could be 0/something, and maybe with a moderate ability of some sort?  Maybe just make him into a blocker?  I'm hesitant on adding too much of a good ability on him when he already can auto-regen characters, but just making him a decent wall wouldn't be too bad I guess.  =\  Maybe I could even make him */*, with his power and toughness based on how many dead apostles are in play?  I dunno.

And finally, more white cards for you to tear apart.  I really don't think that the wording is correct on the paralyze counters for Miyako, so I imagine I will at least be getting a correction for that.  Also, if that activates whenever combat damage is dealt, does double strike make her add two paralyze counters to the enemy or just one?  Also, I know Arc Drive is doing a very green thing.  If I make the change to add in green, this will most likely be switched over.  Hanei and Souka are just weak little humans with neat little abilities.  When used together they aren't half bad.  Should I lower the cost of their abilities to just 1 though, since they're so specific to activate?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:56:49 PM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2008, 10:52:46 PM »
I was wondering if it was illegal to put text on an extended art card.  I'd never seen one with text, yet the template allowed for text to be put in.   :psyduck:  I'll change it to a normal card.
It's not illegal. That template is there for a reason - select promo cards are like that. Example:
Mm, technically that's a slightly different card template.  The promo template and extended art templates aren't much different, but the promo doesn't show rarity and displays the card type above the text (whereas extended has the little bar at the bottom for type/rarity).  The differences are minimal, but I guess they are considered different types of cards?  Anyway, thanks for the info on that.  I won't feel bad about keeping my Sword of the Slash Emperor as a promo type card with text now.  =>
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2008, 01:30:03 AM »
I don't know about Kohaku, the ability to give counters is already good, but being able to put a preposterous amount of counters can be a bit too good, and as for the change in her abilities, it can really be too slow.

With Merm, it really would be better if he got power equal to the number of limbs he had, but then you should really change de creature type to maybe Animal Familiar, or something like that. If you used 'Dead Apostle', he'd gain power just by having other Dead Apostles near him.

And what if Blood Heat gave the ability to Regenerate? I mean, they do regain life.
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2008, 02:26:10 AM »
I don't know about Kohaku, the ability to give counters is already good, but being able to put a preposterous amount of counters can be a bit too good, and as for the change in her abilities, it can really be too slow.

With Merm, it really would be better if he got power equal to the number of limbs he had, but then you should really change de creature type to maybe Animal Familiar, or something like that. If you used 'Dead Apostle', he'd gain power just by having other Dead Apostles near him.

And what if Blood Heat gave the ability to Regenerate? I mean, they do regain life.
Yeah, that's what I was worried about too.  I think I'll save the ridiculous counter stuff for something else.  It's not like Kohaku is really a powerhouse in any way, so it wouldn't make much sense to give her so much power.

And yeah, but without any limbs he would again be useless.  He's so absolutely reliant on his limbs to be any good right now, that I think I want to give him some sort of standalone ability that allows him to do something in the event that they aren't there.  Maybe I can just create a monster-summon sorcery based around Merem's ability to just create these limbs at will.  That sort of thing will help many decks in general, so putting it in can't hurt.

Yeah, maybe Regenerate.  Lifelink could also be a possibility, as I don't have any lifelink in the entire set. 
---

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2008, 03:05:40 AM »
Lifelink's a good ability for vampires, I thought you'd already thought of that.

And as for Merm, what about him being a 1/1 who gets +1/+1 for each familiar you control (Or maybe you should use the term 'Merm Familiar', to be more specific and make sure other familiars, like Len, don't intervene in this bonus), and with the ability of (at a cost, of course) of fetching a familiar from the deck to your hand?

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2008, 03:53:45 AM »
OMFG, the Hanei/Souka combo is SO incredibly cheap. XD
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2008, 04:00:48 AM »
You're easily entertained aren't you  ;D

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2008, 09:19:10 AM »
You're easily entertained aren't you  ;D
XD

FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2008, 10:06:23 AM »
Lifelink's a good ability for vampires, I thought you'd already thought of that.

And as for Merm, what about him being a 1/1 who gets +1/+1 for each familiar you control (Or maybe you should use the term 'Merm Familiar', to be more specific and make sure other familiars, like Len, don't intervene in this bonus), and with the ability of (at a cost, of course) of fetching a familiar from the deck to your hand?
Nah, lifelink doesn't make sense with Tsuki vampires, imo.

For Merem, that's a pretty good idea.  I think I'll make the fetch a familiar ability something that occurs when he enters play though.  That way it's not as easy to abuse, but you can still potentially do things like champion/bounce/death+revival to activate it multiple times.

Not really.  Tapping creatures might turn into a detriment if the enemy doesn't have many of them out, and gaining just 1 life isn't really amazing.  Throw in the fact that you'll have to pay 2 every time to keep the rotation going, and you'll prolly only get 2-4 uses (depending on mana, of course).

I'm surprised none of you have commented on Miyako yet, both in terms of the rule text and the specifics of adding counters+double strike.
---

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2008, 11:38:17 AM »
I personally thought that Miyako seems so cheap for a common, my mind is whoring the ideas of pretty much a 3 card combo that would cause utter chaos.   :V

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2008, 01:37:42 PM »
Well, I liked the idea of the Paralyze counter, it's basically the same as 'Doesn't untap in the next untap step', but since it's a counter, things like Kohaku's injections can take it out.

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2008, 02:48:46 PM »
I have one suggestion for Merem that could work:
1, Tap: Reveal the top card of your library. If the card revealed is one of Merem's Limbs, put it in your hand. Otherwise, the card is sent to the graveyard.

As to your Atlas art, that's the Temple (I forget the proper name for it, I remember it being Temple or something like that), that large building where Warakia shows up, not Atlas. Atlas is way out in Egypt, IIRC.

Arc Drive is kind of odd to be a white card, of all things. White is usually indicative of healing and enchantment, and Arc Drives seem more like they're offensive-based than defensive as well, so adding the toughness modifier doesn't make sense. I would say it should be a red card, but it could also bestow an extra ability, like Double Strike.

I'm surprised I haven't seen Eyes of Death Perception yet. :V I'd imagine it would be something like this:

Mystic Eyes of Death Perception (2)(B)(B)(B)
Enchantment
Flash, Shroud
Creature gains the ability, "Whenever a creature is damaged by this creature, remove that creature from the game." (Deathtouch won't work, since it only destroys creatures - MEoDP removes the target from existence).

I realize it could be improved, of course.

Also, WHAR IS LEN. WHAR ARE THE LOLIS IN THIS MAGIC EXPANSION. I demand that there by a creature type of Loli. :V :fap:
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2008, 07:28:06 PM »
I personally thought that Miyako seems so cheap for a common, my mind is whoring the ideas of pretty much a 3 card combo that would cause utter chaos.   :V
Really?  A 1/2 with flash and the ability to put on 2 paralyze counters in an attack, but with the good chance that she could die in the crossfire.  It doesn't seem that amazing, but I could up it to uncommon I suppose.  What's the 3 card combo that's so broke?

I have one suggestion for Merem that could work:
1, Tap: Reveal the top card of your library. If the card revealed is one of Merem's Limbs, put it in your hand. Otherwise, the card is sent to the graveyard.

As to your Atlas art, that's the Temple (I forget the proper name for it, I remember it being Temple or something like that), that large building where Warakia shows up, not Atlas. Atlas is way out in Egypt, IIRC.

Arc Drive is kind of odd to be a white card, of all things. White is usually indicative of healing and enchantment, and Arc Drives seem more like they're offensive-based than defensive as well, so adding the toughness modifier doesn't make sense. I would say it should be a red card, but it could also bestow an extra ability, like Double Strike.

I'm surprised I haven't seen Eyes of Death Perception yet. :V I'd imagine it would be something like this:

Mystic Eyes of Death Perception (2)(B)(B)(B)
Enchantment
Flash, Shroud
Creature gains the ability, "Whenever a creature is damaged by this creature, remove that creature from the game." (Deathtouch won't work, since it only destroys creatures - MEoDP removes the target from existence).

I realize it could be improved, of course.

Also, WHAR IS LEN. WHAR ARE THE LOLIS IN THIS MAGIC EXPANSION. I demand that there by a creature type of Loli. :V :fap:
Your Merem suggestion isn't too bad of an idea.  Especially in combination with certain cards that can scry and such.

I will also prolly have to take off the art for Atlas now that you pointed that out to me.  =<

You know, I think you're right about the Arc Drive.  I don't really remember why I put it white in the first place, but I'll most likely switch it to red and make some adjustments.

Oh, don't worry.  Mystic Eyes of Death Perception is coming up in due time.  I've already got over 90 cards finished so far, as well as more in the works.  I'm just being leisurely about showing them off.  =>  I'm glad that you pointed out that the the eyes of death perception remove from the game though, as that was what I thought appropriate as well.

Okay, today we'll make the transition from white cards to blue cards with a maid, a loli, and some spells.  Synchronization is based off of the twins' ability by the same name.  Diligent Maid Hisui can spawn the best defensive tool ever.  Brainwashing Detective Hisui is all about that good ole creature stealing.  Neco Mode is incorporating the Chibi effect.  And finally there's Len.  Len is...fucking good.  Once she flips, she can basically counter>fork sorceries and instants.  Too good?  Maybe, considering you can leave her with one counter on and continually counter spells for just UU.  The scry/fateseal I put in on her since she plays around in your dreams, and so it seemed appropriate enough.  As usual, point out broken shit or improper wording or ideas for improvement.  =>
---

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2008, 07:44:06 PM »
Chibi is the kind of mechanic I would probably use against my opponent's creatures.  That's not necessarily a bad thing though...

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2008, 07:56:50 PM »
Chibi is the kind of mechanic I would probably use against my opponent's creatures.  That's not necessarily a bad thing though...
Depends on if you're utilizing it for the weakening or protection, but yeah.  Could work either way.
---

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2008, 01:15:49 AM »
Heh' I personally love Diligent Maid Hisui. This chair this chair this chair this chair this chair... :V

Oh, and as for a broken combo, you don't have one...yet. It's just an old habit of mine to find ways to whore the little guy  XD

And seesh, your already upwords to 90 cards?

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2008, 01:37:39 AM »
Hmm, I don't think Hisui's chair works, because if the chair is sacrificed, it leaves play, and it can't absorb any damage since it's not in play. And it should have blocker. You can raise the chair's attack, and attacking chairs aren't exacly Hisui's speciality. Unless she's the one throwing them... Wait, maybe you could do something about it, like upping the cost for the chair, and being able to tap hisui and sacrifice a chair to deal damage.

The brainwashing detective's text isn't exactly what it should be, though... Maybe:
"You may choose not to untap Brainwashing Detective Hisui in your untap step.

XU, T: Take control of target creature with converted mana cost of X. This effect remains while Brainwashing Detective Hisui is tapped."

White Ren is good, but she's too broken with her ability of countering spells and copy them that several times. And I don't think they should be a flip card, WRen isn't really Ren's alter-ego, she's more of a remain of the TATARI. Maybe instead, you should make her into a different card, and give Warakia the ability of fetching her when he goes to the graveyard?

And I demand that Neco Mode gets changed into Necomimi Mode!

As for the Arc Drive, maybe you have finally gotten your idea for green? If you want to make it red, I suggest you raise the attack bonus and remove/drop the defense bonus.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 01:43:19 AM by mewofforcena »

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2008, 02:36:22 AM »
He has a point there; if you want her chairs to actually stop damage, it would probably be "Sacrifice: Prevent all damage from target source this turn".

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2008, 05:09:58 AM »
Heh' I personally love Diligent Maid Hisui. This chair this chair this chair this chair this chair... :V

Oh, and as for a broken combo, you don't have one...yet. It's just an old habit of mine to find ways to whore the little guy  XD

And seesh, your already upwords to 90 cards?
=>  Yeah, I thought this chair would be a nice addition.  I also wanted to add in FUCKING CAT, but ended up scrapping the idea.  Maybe someone can add in a good idea for it though?  And lol, yeah.  I'm a little over 90 and still have a few ideas to make stuff.  It's not all for like one deck though, but more leaving plenty of options for various decks to create.

Hmm, I don't think Hisui's chair works, because if the chair is sacrificed, it leaves play, and it can't absorb any damage since it's not in play. And it should have blocker. You can raise the chair's attack, and attacking chairs aren't exacly Hisui's speciality. Unless she's the one throwing them... Wait, maybe you could do something about it, like upping the cost for the chair, and being able to tap hisui and sacrifice a chair to deal damage.

The brainwashing detective's text isn't exactly what it should be, though... Maybe:
"You may choose not to untap Brainwashing Detective Hisui in your untap step.

XU, T: Take control of target creature with converted mana cost of X. This effect remains while Brainwashing Detective Hisui is tapped."

White Ren is good, but she's too broken with her ability of countering spells and copy them that several times. And I don't think they should be a flip card, WRen isn't really Ren's alter-ego, she's more of a remain of the TATARI. Maybe instead, you should make her into a different card, and give Warakia the ability of fetching her when he goes to the graveyard?

And I demand that Neco Mode gets changed into Necomimi Mode!

As for the Arc Drive, maybe you have finally gotten your idea for green? If you want to make it red, I suggest you raise the attack bonus and remove/drop the defense bonus.
Thanks for the wording correction, and I know Len and w.Len don't make too much sense flavor wise.  But Aoko and Wara are both great as it is, and Len seems so underwhelming without the w.Len ability.  And really, the way w.Len acts is almost as an alter-ego to Len.  It's a stretch, I know.  =\  I actually got advice from another person to just drop the ability to counter, and just basically fork enemy spells (reflecting them with her mirrors, just not actually countering them).  So either I could do that to tone it down some, or make it so that she can only remove one counter and fork the spell once after countering.  Also keep in mind that the counter/fork can ONLY work against sorceries and instants.  No other spells.

I lol'd, but sure.  Necomimi Mode it is.  And finally, it's not that there aren't any ideas for green, just I'm not sure if there are quite enough to constitute a massive change of a bunch of stuff to green.  Like, are there any ideas for a creature that could mana excell like Elves do?  Or what about some sort of spell to allow stuff to fetch land cards or an aura that allows you to tap for double mana?  Stuff like that could be direly needed in a multicolor deck, but at the same time there's not really any sort of environmental warriors in Tsuki/MB/KnK.  It's like, all the other colors have a mini-themed place within the nasuverse characters and such, but what would green have?  So really, I'm not against putting green in.  I just don't really want to have a bunch of green that seem weirdly out of place.

He has a point there; if you want her chairs to actually stop damage, it would probably be "Sacrifice: Prevent all damage from target source this turn".
Ah, okay.  I'll get that changed up.
---

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2008, 06:01:09 AM »
I also wanted to add in FUCKING CAT, but ended up scrapping the idea.  Maybe someone can add in a good idea for it though?

'Fuck target cat' refuses to leave my mind.

Now a bit more serious, you can add that if you think of using any flavor text for cards.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2008, 10:04:19 AM »
I also wanted to add in FUCKING CAT, but ended up scrapping the idea.  Maybe someone can add in a good idea for it though?

'Fuck target cat' refuses to leave my mind.

Now a bit more serious, you can add that if you think of using any flavor text for cards.
Flavor text is...a personal weakness.  I'm not good at picking good quotes and stuff, so I'll have to leave that up to you guys to toss out at me.  lol
---

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2008, 01:52:22 PM »
"This chair, this chair, this chair"

But when I'm not busy making a new sig, I'll help dig out some flavor texts  :V

And for some reason, I can't help but think that "Fuck target cat" would work, my mind is just craving the craziness of unglued....

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2008, 02:13:25 PM »
Dude, if he made an unglued-ish tsukihime-themed set, it would more probably end up as a MBread-themed set.

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2008, 02:25:59 PM »
=>  Yeah, I thought this chair would be a nice addition.  I also wanted to add in FUCKING CAT, but ended up scrapping the idea.  Maybe someone can add in a good idea for it though?

For some reason, I thought of "A Cat is Fine too" instead.

A Cat is Fine Too
2GG
Enchantment

During each player's upkeep, that player must choose an opponent's creature. That creature untaps and gains Chibi, and becomes a creature of type Cat in addition to its creature type until end of turn.

All Cats are forced to block. They can block any number of creatures.

"I'm done for..." - Len

It's still technically fucking a cat (gangbanging in this case), but hey, its the thought that counts. :V

As to the Len problem here's the thing; while White Len is technically a part of Len, she can still exist without Len, so she should be a separate card. And Aoko could probably be the one to fetch her (not Warakia; in Re-Act, Aoko was the one who tried to make White Len out of the remaining Tatari). If you're worried about Len being under-powered, you can always have her making 1/1 Cat tokens in addition to what she already has.

White Len should be (ironically enough) Black and Blue. I dunno what abilities she could have in addition to what she already has.

Tatari as a game mechanic is odd, especially combined with Hysteria. Why not just make it its own standalone ability?
Tatari X, Tap: Put a X/X Black Vampire Shadow token into play. That token gains Haste. Destroy the token at the end your turn.
This reflects how Warakia and V. Sion can make copies (Tatari is basically a collection of lies and fears personified).

As for green cards, look at Kohaku's Garden for inspiration.  :V

And finally, I re-read Merem's Left Leg. It destroys the target player as well?! :V
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 02:54:48 PM by Pikachu_Fragger »
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2008, 03:04:40 PM »
No, the leg itself is destroyed. 'Destroy it' was used then you destroyed the creature itself as its own ability. If it destroyed the creature that received the damage, then it would be 'Destroy that creature'. Also, you can't destroy a player, it would've had to be 'That player loses the game'.