hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Nerding it up a notch, with Magic the Gathering  (Read 18218 times)

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
Re: Nerding it up a notch, with Magic the Gathering
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »
Oh, okay. That makes more sense now. :V
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2008, 03:34:49 PM »
D;  No unglued action.

=>  Yeah, I thought this chair would be a nice addition.  I also wanted to add in FUCKING CAT, but ended up scrapping the idea.  Maybe someone can add in a good idea for it though?

For some reason, I thought of "A Cat is Fine too" instead.

A Cat is Fine Too
2GG
Enchantment

During each player's upkeep, that player must choose an opponent's creature. That creature untaps and gains Chibi, and becomes a creature of type Cat in addition to its creature type until end of turn.

All Cats are forced to block. They can block any number of creatures.

"I'm done for..." - Len

It's still technically fucking a cat (gangbanging in this case), but hey, its the thought that counts. :V

As to the Len problem here's the thing; while White Len is technically a part of Len, she can still exist without Len, so she should be a separate card. And Aoko could probably be the one to fetch her (not Warakia; in Re-Act, Aoko was the one who tried to make White Len out of the remaining Tatari). If you're worried about Len being under-powered, you can always have her making 1/1 Cat tokens in addition to what she already has.

White Len should be (ironically enough) Black and Blue. I dunno what abilities she could have in addition to what she already has.

Tatari as a game mechanic is odd, especially combined with Hysteria. Why not just make it its own standalone ability?
Tatari X, Tap: Put a X/X Black Vampire Shadow token into play. That token gains Haste. Destroy the token at the end your turn.
This reflects how Warakia and V. Sion can make copies (Tatari is basically a collection of lies and fears personified).

As for green cards, look at Kohaku's Garden for inspiration.  :V

And finally, I re-read Merem's Left Leg. It destroys the target player as well?! :V
Lol, that enchantment is great.  I'll see to tossing it in with the set.  Also, I suppose I'm convinced enough that I'll start making green cards.  I'll have to do some major revamping to some cards and add in a good portion more as well though.  D=  So much work!

And yes, yes.  Len and w.Len are separate beings, I know.  I just really liked the idea of building counters to use towards reflecting spells around.  =<  Alright, I'll split the two and play around with them some more.

As to why Tatari isn't its own ability, it ended up being easier on me to just have Tatari as a triggered condition.  I realize that the characters don't actually change into the fears, and that Wara actually takes the form of them.  But I feel that the mechanics that this introduce (such as Arc going from a 4/4 with regeneration to an 8/8 with a 4 mana upkeep - I'd put the card up, but I'm not at home right now) end up adding more to the game than just an ability to put more tokens into play.  There's already enough tokens in with all the maid and undead spawning by the tohno mansion and vampires (respectively).

Mentioning that Wara takes the form of the Tatari makes me want to give him some sort of clone related ability that ties in with Tatari counters somehow...  I'll have to think on that.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2008, 05:45:46 PM »
LOL, I have to admit I love that Diligent Maid Hisui card... Although I agree the chair should prevent all damage from a target source.

As for the Neko Mode card... I LOL'd.

And the Len card, I think, is way overpowered, as other people have already said. Good to know that you split her with White Len... And I wanna see that 1/1 cat-spawning Black Len card already. Do remember to give them first strike, too, since under the correct setups, Len's cats can almost always catch you unguarded. XD
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2008, 07:15:48 PM »
WAIT, I think I've got it!

Tatari X - If this creature were to receive enough combat damage to be sent to the graveyard, it would instead be returned to your library x cards from the top.

One other element of Tatari based creatures is that they cannot be destroyed - they are conceptual creatures, forged by thoughts and rumors. And they have a nasty habit of coming back. Even Shiki had a hard time fighting against Warakia, and needed Arcueid's help to summon the Crimson Moon in order to nullify his pact with Altrouge and restore him to human form. I dunno, just throwing the idea out there.

That also brings to mind a possible new card:

Crimson Moon
2RRRR
Enchantment

All Vampires are Indestructible.
All creatures lose the Tatari ability.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 07:21:31 PM by Pikachu_Fragger »
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2008, 10:08:44 PM »
First turn mountain tap rite of flame rite of flame seething song seething song seething song DEMONSTORM I will look through my deck for 4 Bogardan Kouma's and put them into play good game?

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2008, 07:37:40 AM »
Crimson Moon
2RRRR
Enchantment

Seesh, would be an amazing card, but depending on how many vampires there ends up being, it would be a extremely cheap card. o_O

First turn mountain tap rite of flame rite of flame seething song seething song seething song DEMONSTORM I will look through my deck for 4 Bogardan Kouma's and put them into play good game?

...Wat?  :psyduck:

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2008, 03:27:53 PM »
He meant DRAGONSTORM and BOGARDAN HELLKITE.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2008, 11:09:14 AM »
WAIT, I think I've got it!

Tatari X - If this creature were to receive enough combat damage to be sent to the graveyard, it would instead be returned to your library x cards from the top.

One other element of Tatari based creatures is that they cannot be destroyed - they are conceptual creatures, forged by thoughts and rumors. And they have a nasty habit of coming back. Even Shiki had a hard time fighting against Warakia, and needed Arcueid's help to summon the Crimson Moon in order to nullify his pact with Altrouge and restore him to human form. I dunno, just throwing the idea out there.

That also brings to mind a possible new card:

Crimson Moon
2RRRR
Enchantment

I don't know if I like using Tatari in that way.  I'd rather keep it in the same vein of creatures changing into an alternate Tatari form.  I'll think about more ways to change Tatari up later.

Interesting take on Mr.Type Moon.  I think that might get a little broke though, since all vamps can already potentially spawn undead and regenerate themselves off of them.  Take SHIKI for example, as he's most likely my most dangerous vampire.  Also, here's my take on Brunstud.  Since he was basically unbeatable and had enough power to do...pretty much whatever he wanted, I made him a win button.  It's super dangerous, with the ability to add counters via Kohaku and Millenium Castle (and Vampiric Bite, if you turn him into a Vampire, but that would require Vampirism).  It's a little hard to get off though, since you can still wither him to death, remove him from the game, or even bounce him repeatedly to its owner's annoyance.  Going the route of an enchantment that powers up Vamps could work pretty well though.  Also, I'll include Sacchin and the Vampiric Familiar, just for the sake of adding in some more vampire goodness.  Sacchin is based more off of the vampire Satsuki from Battle Moon Wars, who is a beast in raw strength.  The only problem is she's too expensive if you're playing just white, but mad cheap if you're able to get her flipped instantly.  I think I'll have to end up changing her somehow.  =<  Is Vampiric Familiar too cheap as well?  I don't remember how much Clone costs, and I can't check right now.

As for now, I've hardly had a chance to touch the cards due to midterms rocking my world.  I'll once again revive topic and make appropriate changes that need to be done when I get a chance.  You guys should continue tossing in your own cards/ideas!  Even if it's just other ideas for cards I've already posted, the more minds I have in on this, the better the end product will be.

I lol'd
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2008, 12:18:16 PM »
Yeah, definitely, Brunestud IS too broken.

I don't know about SHIKI, though, I think he might be a little too vulnerable, even with his regenerating ability, and he's not really worth the 6-mana cost. for a 1/1 with blood curse and death touch that needs you to sacrifice a creature to regenerate. Maybe you should make him able to create tokens? Yeah, he can become too broken with that, but you might give him an ability like 1B, Tap: Create an undead creature 1/1 token. This can only be done during your turn (to prevent him from being able to block and make a token in the end of the opponent's turn. Your call in that field, though).

About Vampiric Bite, maybe you might raise the cost a little bit and create an undead token as well if the creature is sent to the graveyard. OR you could do something else. If it goes to the graveyard, flip a coin. If heads, flip another coin. If you flip heads on the second flip, return it to play under your control and it gains the creature type Vampire. If you flip heads only in the first flip, return it to play under your control with the creature type Undead and in a weakened state (like -2/-0, -1/-1 may be too risky in case the creature has a defense of 1, but maybe you could reduce the defense to 1 and reduce the attack by or to a certain number I might be storming way too much in this one, though).

Yeah, the familiar might be too cheap, given some vampires you can have in field. Try raising her cost by 1 or 2.

As for Sacchin, for once, it's not sad for her! Anyway, it's not very easy to flip her quickly. People with vampires'll be a little wary with her, and you need quite the good combination of mana if you want to put a vampire and her on field. You need mostly black mana for vampires, and Sacchin costs 2 white mana, so you'd need quite a good combination of what you want. Anyway, it shouldn't be about teams. Instead of 'If Yumizuka Satsuki is in the same team of a vampire', it should be 'If you control a vampire. Same with Vampiric Familiar, it should be 'a vampire you control'.
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2008, 04:19:04 PM »
I can see where your going with Brunestud, but I have to agree, he way too broken. Mind you, there was cards in the past that would allow you to win if you have 20 creatures in the graveyard, along with others, but none of them where indestructible on there own. Truthfully, I think it would be better to just boost it's defense instead, making it pretty much a large wall instead of a godlike card.

Clone I believe costed 3(b), though I don't have my cards near me so I couldn't quite say. So only one off your current cost.

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2008, 05:34:30 PM »
Actually, there was already a card like Brunestud, Darksteel reactor, only it was a 4-mana artifact, not a creature. At your upkeep, you may put a charge counter, when you had 20 counters you'd win the game. It was also indestructible as well.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2008, 03:15:11 AM »
Actually, there was already a card like Brunestud, Darksteel reactor, only it was a 4-mana artifact, not a creature. At your upkeep, you may put a charge counter, when you had 20 counters you'd win the game. It was also indestructible as well.
That's what I was shooting for, actually.  I could change Brunestud to an artifact (a 5/5 creature with all that is potentially broke, yeah) but I dunno.  What would you suggest?  I figured making it a creature was a double sided blade, since there would be a lot more ways to get rid of it than an indestructible artifact, yet it also ends up becoming a strong indestructible creature even without the game winning ability.  I could definitely just drop him to 0/5 to prevent him from being a beefy attacker.  But I dunno.  I want him to be ridiculous good (since he basically was a god), but I don't want him to be broke, you know?  It's a really fine line.  =\

Yeah, definitely, Brunestud IS too broken.

I don't know about SHIKI, though, I think he might be a little too vulnerable, even with his regenerating ability, and he's not really worth the 6-mana cost. for a 1/1 with blood curse and death touch that needs you to sacrifice a creature to regenerate. Maybe you should make him able to create tokens? Yeah, he can become too broken with that, but you might give him an ability like 1B, Tap: Create an undead creature 1/1 token. This can only be done during your turn (to prevent him from being able to block and make a token in the end of the opponent's turn. Your call in that field, though).

About Vampiric Bite, maybe you might raise the cost a little bit and create an undead token as well if the creature is sent to the graveyard. OR you could do something else. If it goes to the graveyard, flip a coin. If heads, flip another coin. If you flip heads on the second flip, return it to play under your control and it gains the creature type Vampire. If you flip heads only in the first flip, return it to play under your control with the creature type Undead and in a weakened state (like -2/-0, -1/-1 may be too risky in case the creature has a defense of 1, but maybe you could reduce the defense to 1 and reduce the attack by or to a certain number I might be storming way too much in this one, though).

Yeah, the familiar might be too cheap, given some vampires you can have in field. Try raising her cost by 1 or 2.

As for Sacchin, for once, it's not sad for her! Anyway, it's not very easy to flip her quickly. People with vampires'll be a little wary with her, and you need quite the good combination of mana if you want to put a vampire and her on field. You need mostly black mana for vampires, and Sacchin costs 2 white mana, so you'd need quite a good combination of what you want. Anyway, it shouldn't be about teams. Instead of 'If Yumizuka Satsuki is in the same team of a vampire', it should be 'If you control a vampire. Same with Vampiric Familiar, it should be 'a vampire you control'.
Yeah, SHIKI is weak.  His main strength lies in being able to kill+regenerate+spawn undead repeatedly.  I suppose I could let him create tokens or even just beef him a little.  *shrugs*  I like being able to just create some undead to cover his ass though.  I could let him sac an undead and toss a +1/+1 counter on himself (since really all he used the undead for was amassing energy in the first place).  That might not be too broken, since he'd have to balance beefing himself with keeping undead on the field so that he can still regen.  What do you think?

That idea for Vampiric Bite is pretty dope.  I like the double coin flip regen idea.  Oh, another idea for it - what about throwing a -1/-1 counter on whatever you bite?  Like you just leeched away some of their strength, you know?  OH!  What if, instead of dealing damage based on the vamp's power to the creature, it withers them by that much?  Hmm...there's a lot of ways I could really go with this card.

As for Sacchin, yeah.  I figure that even though she's mad strong for that cheap, requiring white mana with a predominantly black vampire setup would make it a little harder to pull off.  I do, however, have some other rather beastly b/w creatures that would make having a whole b/w deck really fierce.  I throw some of those down after we get more of these potential changes solidified with the vamps.
---

• Spellcaster
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2008, 02:51:22 PM »
I would like to point out that currently there are 0 "Undead" creatures in existence.
When it comes to creature types, Magic requires that you be specific.
Sacrifice effects are typically not targeted in the scope of your own creatures.

Vampiric Familiar needs to be reworded BADLY.

Flying
As Vampiric Familiar comes into play, choose a vampire creature you control or sacrifice it.
Vampiric Familiar's power and toughness are equal to the chosen creature's power and toughness minus one.
If the chosen creature leaves play, sacrifice Vampiric Familiar.

Satsuki could use some too.

If you control a vampire, flip Satsuki.
If a vampire deals combat damage to Satsuki, flip it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 02:59:18 PM by Picard »

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2008, 06:05:48 PM »
Seems broke as shit so far (sounds like magic to me  :toot:)

and where is the card for Ren Shiki (needs 3 forms, *has no idea on how to put that on a card.)

« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 06:09:33 PM by noradseven »

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2008, 03:54:52 AM »
I still haven't seen anyone using the inversion impulse pic I came up with for a card... ;_;

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2008, 05:47:45 AM »
Did you forget he's going to use it to make the inversion impulse card?

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2008, 07:24:30 PM »
I haven't forgotten, but I haven't seen any new cards that catch my interest lately...

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2008, 12:03:48 PM »
Brunestud would only be broken depending on what else you put out. If you have enough -x/-x stuff, RFGs (both permanent and temporary, since temp should remove counters, not sure I don't play much anymore), or counters and such it won't be that hard to deal with. If not, slightly lowering its attack or slightly raising its play cost would help balance it out. Really, it's only really effective against decks that would take longer (can't really say anything specifically, not even enough cards for a deck yet lol) because 6th turn play plus 10 turns for the ability to go off is a whole lot of time for the opponent to win. Hell if there is any sort of aggro decks if they aren't winning by turn six they're probably going to lose anyways.

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2008, 12:17:47 PM »
Brunestud would only be broken depending on what else you put out. If you have enough -x/-x stuff, RFGs (both permanent and temporary, since temp should remove counters, not sure I don't play much anymore), or counters and such it won't be that hard to deal with. If not, slightly lowering its attack or slightly raising its play cost would help balance it out. Really, it's only really effective against decks that would take longer (can't really say anything specifically, not even enough cards for a deck yet lol) because 6th turn play plus 10 turns for the ability to go off is a whole lot of time for the opponent to win. Hell if there is any sort of aggro decks if they aren't winning by turn six they're probably going to lose anyways.

*coughkohakucough*

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »

*coughkohakucough*

Better hope there are dual/pain lands because with two colors 4 swamps will be a bitch to play.

Not to mention even with the perfect hand you're not getting a Kohaku out until turn 4, 5 comes the second Kohaku, 6 is Brunestud, 7 is the third Kohaku plus 3 counters on Brunestud, 8 is fourth Kohaku with 7 counters, so you're not getting this done until turn 9, which either means aggro has beat your face in because all you're doing is putting out Kohaku's and counters, or if they're not aggro they will probably just kill off Kohakus.

Not saying you couldn't get it working, maybe make a control deck with it, I just don't think it's broken.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2008, 03:03:45 PM »

*coughkohakucough*

Better hope there are dual/pain lands because with two colors 4 swamps will be a bitch to play.

Not to mention even with the perfect hand you're not getting a Kohaku out until turn 4, 5 comes the second Kohaku, 6 is Brunestud, 7 is the third Kohaku plus 3 counters on Brunestud, 8 is fourth Kohaku with 7 counters, so you're not getting this done until turn 9, which either means aggro has beat your face in because all you're doing is putting out Kohaku's and counters, or if they're not aggro they will probably just kill off Kohakus.

Not saying you couldn't get it working, maybe make a control deck with it, I just don't think it's broken.
=>  I'm glad you see it as I imagined it during its conception.  Even with just two Kohakus, 5 turns so late into the game isn't exactly a short time, especially since there are a number of ways to take Brunestud out, with him being a creature.  It's dangerous, no doubt, but with some power reduction it shouldn't really be broken.  Hopefully sometime today I'll get to all the changes I've been meaning to put in as a result of the last two rounds of cards I put in.

Oh, and don't worry.  Inversion Impulse is in there, I just haven't posted it yet due to me feeling like it may be too good.  I want to find some way to balance it out some before I go throwing it around the internets.  Regarding that, if an enchantment affects all players and has an added Threshold ability, it would only activate while the controlling player has threshold, right?  Is there a way to have it individualized, like each player only gets the threshold ability if they have threshold themselves?  =\
---

• Spellcaster
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2008, 05:29:09 PM »
You can't use the threshold keyword in that case.

Offline RayKona

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2008, 01:14:10 PM »
Regarding that, if an enchantment affects all players and has an added Threshold ability, it would only activate while the controlling player has threshold, right?  Is there a way to have it individualized, like each player only gets the threshold ability if they have threshold themselves?  =\

You can do that. Just make the enchantment like "General ability. Threshold - Threshold only ability".
By the rules, unless stated otherwise, a spell or permanent without a targeting ability only affects the owner of the spell or permanent.

Edit:

Looks like i didn't read your request right.
You can do it like an enchantment that already exists. Add this to the rules text "When ~ comes into play, put a copy of ~ under each other player control"
I think that way you have your problem solved, but i don't know if you want that type of ability.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 01:17:15 PM by RayKona »