hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Order in playing Melty Blood? Also hello  (Read 3832 times)

Offline kahrkunne

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Order in playing Melty Blood? Also hello
« on: August 29, 2015, 07:52:02 AM »
So a friend of mine owns MBAACC, and I'd been thinking of playing it, but MBAACC is a sequel right? So which game do I play before playing it? There's melty blood, there's melty blood act cadenza, I think there's ReAct too, how does all of it work?  :mystery:

Also, because this is my first time posting here, hello folks. Pleased to meet y'all!

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
Re: Order in playing Melty Blood? Also hello
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 05:36:40 PM »
React contains both the very first Melty Blood story [with an updated battle system - this is really important] and a sort of sequel story told through the Arcade Routes. Act Cadenza IIRC shares most of the same story as React with some minor changes; and additional stories for new characters that were added later on. MBAACC is the sequel to both and IIRC the story, for the most part, ignores Act Cadenza and much reference is made to the first game.

Do not play the original Melty Blood.

Furthermore, Melty Blood is in itself a sequel to another franchise called Tsukihime, so if you want further backstory on some of the characters, you could look into that too.

All in all though, the story isn't very important in Melty Blood, so you can just jump into MBAACC if you want.
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
Re: Order in playing Melty Blood? Also hello
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 03:52:40 AM »
Just like Erks already said, you can play with knowing the story. Though if you want to now the main stuff without having to read the Tsukihime VN (really huge) and play all the routes in the original Melty Blood game, I recommend you read two mangas: "Shingetsutan Tsukihime" and "Melty Blood" (with the Act 2 arc).
If you don't laugh, you don't live.

Twitter: @heavymetalmixer